Rob's Halfway House -- #7

velvet409
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Rob's Halfway House -- #7

Post by velvet409 »

Good evening Sisters! I've been lurking but still have some pages to catch up on.

I saw The King's Speech last week and it was AMAZING. Colin Firth totally deserved his oscar win. If you haven't seen this movie yet I highly recommend it. I'll definitely be buying the DVD when it comes out.

I almost got to see Twilight on a big screen on Friday but unfortunately it didn't work out. One of the local botanical gardens has "date night" once a month where they show a movie out on the lawns. They were going to show Twilight but ended up having to cancel because of the rainy weather. :( I was disappointed to miss it since I never got to see Twilight in the theater. I'm hoping they'll try it again sometime soon.

This week will not be fun for me. Our receptionist/admin assistant is on vacation so I have to pick up the slack while she's gone. I have to go in half an hour earlier, answer the phones, take care of the mail, etc. It's not really a big deal but having to continuously stop in the middle of working on something (or eating lunch) to answer the phone is distracting. The pitfalls of working in a small office. :sigh:

I checked around this weekend but nobody has the new Vanity Fair. :banghead: The next place for me to look is Barnes & Noble but I can't leave the office for lunch this week and that's the only one close to me.

I got to spend most of Saturday with Ginnie since she was gracious enough to invite me to a movie with her family then invited me to her house for dinner. We got to spend time chatting and drooling over the new WfE trailer (OMG! :swoon: ). I always have such fun when we get together. :grin:

I'm going to go back and try to get caught up on pages now. Everyone have a good evening!
Banner by TammyAZ
"Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch."
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hi, Girls! It's been a long Monday, and I am absolutely bushed tonight! I received a new student today... that makes 26 on roll. Getting someone new settled is always hectic, especially during our state testing season.

I have tried three different stores, and none of them have the RPATZ issue of VF. :banghead:

I made it through my 45 minute cardio and abs workout this afternoon, but I am literally nodding off at the computer as we speak. I'm afraid my mega posts have become a thing of the past as long as my schedule is as nuts as it is right now. :cry:

Well, I'm off to check FB messages before heading upstairs for a shower and a comfy warm bed. Have a great Tuesday, Ladies!
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Marielle~ The offer stands. Let me know if you need a hand. That's so funny that bf doesn't remember the girls! He's a good boy! Just take care of yourself and give yourself a day or two to recover from what sounds like an EPIC party.

Jaclyn~ Yep, I kind of love CW just a little more for that. I mean, I loved him before. But, now, he's just so flipping cute for answering tweets. Yes, yes, yes!! Rob on Leno!!! The last Leno appearance was just... to fantastic for words! I can't wait to see what happens this time.

Lulu~ Of course you'd be chummy. He knows good people when he sees them. ;)

Desiree!! :wave: :clap: :wave: Grand to see you're alive and kicking. Swing in when you can, sweetie.

Susie~ Unfortunately, if you follow a link from the post screen, your post is erased. That's how I lost it. It was one of the very few times I wasn't doing my post in Word, because of the time rush, and that came back to bite me. Alas, lesson learned. I love the description you gave to Tracy. That's the reason I always did love Javert. His epiphany, that good people can be caught in bad circumstances, and that the world isn't always black and white, right and wrong, always moved me. Javert's final song has always been one of my favorites of the whole show. Boubil and Schonberg are just geniuses. I absolutely adore Miss Saigon, which they also wrote. Thank you for the list of March birthdays. As i said, I will get on my homework asap.

Christina~ :wave: I'm so used to covering for our administrative assistant, I don't even notice it. We all do it in our office, though some of us more than others. :lol: Though I am totally with you on the interuptions of lunch and when you are in the zone working on something. We're just less... adamant about answering the phone. We have an automated system that picks up if we don't, so they usually end up on the right line. Yes, The King's Speech was just fantastic. Honestly, Helena Bonham Carter amazed me in it as well. I've always loved her for the quirky and just plain out-there roles she's chosen, like Bellatrix or The Queen of Hearts, and then she goes and puts in a performance like that. It just shows how versatile an actress she truly is. Here's hoping you get ahold of Vanity Fair! I'd hate to think of any of the sisters not having a copy of their very own. In fact, let me know if you can't find it. I have my ways of getting extras. ;)

Okay, girls, so you do not worry, I have a training in the waaaaayyyyy north region of Indiana tomorrow (Sandy~ I'll actually be not far from you!! :cry: no time to swing by though) so I won't be posting until tomorrow night. Miss ya!
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Hello ladies--hope everyone survived their Mondays.

Caryn~ Sorry about losing your post earlier--that's so frustrating! I'm looking forward to seeing Rob on Leno too. It seems like he's becoming more comfortable with the higher profile type of appearances. I loved Miss Saigon too and saw it years ago; I remember loving the music, and the show being pretty emotional. Drive safely to your training tomorrow and we look forward to hearing from you tomorrow night. That's too funny that Rob became rather chummy with the actress cast as Lulu from WFE filming. :D

Missp~ Good for you for doing the cardio and ab workout today. Have you been able to transition well to solid foods this week? Isn't 26 students a little high for 5th grade? I'm sure it's always somewhat difficult assimilating a new student this late in the year. I haven't found the new issue of Vanity Fair either. Get some rest tonight. :)

Christina~ I'm glad you enjoyed The King's Speech and have heard how great Colin Firth was in the movie. I hope to catch it sometime soon before it leaves the theatre. Sorry the Twilight showing was canceled--what a fun idea for a date night at your local gardens. Hope you make it through your very busy week. It's always a pain when answering the phone and other stuff interferes with the work you're supposed to be doing. Sometimes I go into a different room at work to type my notes, just to avoid answering the ringing phone; otherwise I'd never finish my documentation before I left for the day . Our Barnes & Noble still had the old Vanity Fair issue on the shelves over the weekend, and I won't be able to check there again until Thursday, when the new issue will probably be sold out. It sounds like you and Ginnie had a great time together last weekend. It's really cool that you get to spend time together on a regular basis.

Susie~ You're right....I guess Target isn't upscale enough to even carry Vanity Fair, and neither are the Publix or Kroger grocery stores, because I've checked there too. :? That's neat that your hubs will see WFE with you, even if it is at the cheap theater. :) I loved the way you described the role of Javert, and I'm so glad you're enjoying Les Mis in a different light, after sort of seeing the production from the ground up. One of my favorite songs from Les Mis was sung by Javert.....
"There, out in the darkness, a fugitive running, fallen from grace, fallen from grace. God be my witness. I never shall yield till we come face to face, till we come face to face..."
I also loved "A Little Fall of Rain" by Eponine and Marius. The story itself, and many of the songs were simply heartbreaking. Good for you for going to bed early last night! I need to do the same, as I nearly fell asleep on the couch about 7:30 p.m. tonight. I'm glad you're feeling better.

Desiree~ Hi! Great to see you and hope things do slow down a bit for you very soon.

Lulu~ I knew you would love reading WFE! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. I read it in about three days this past summer, and it's one of those books that stays with you for awhile. I know movie adaptations are rarely as good as the books, but I really think WFE will be both critically acclaimed and financially successful. I understand what you mean about even the idea of animal cruelty being difficult to read about or watch. I just read an article by the author of WFE, Sara Gruen, who was on set at times and very concerned about those types of issues. She reported that the Humane Society was involved in filming at all times to ensure proper treatment of the animals, and she also mentioned that the stampede scene was actually filmed using a green screen. I too am looking forward to seeing Kristen all vamped up with a bit more make-up and sexy hair for her post-transformation scenes in Breaking Dawn. I definitely think she can pull it off, especially when we see pictures of her like this.

Jaclyn~ I'm with Susie....you simply must put down Bridget Jones' Diary and start reading WFE. :D Believe it or not, I've managed to check seven different stores for the new copy of Vanity Fair, and I'm still coming up short. Three of the stores were grocery stores and a Target, and apparently they're not upscale enough to even carry Vanity Fair; and the other four stores were two pharmacy/drug stores and two large bookstores (Barnes & Noble and Books A Million) and they still have the old Vanity Fair issue on their shelves. I guess middle Tennessee is just way behind the rest of the country or something. :banghead: Good for you for having a great attitude about your job situation. We'll keep sending positive thoughts and vibes your way. :wink: Do you know yet what type of wedding dress you will want? Is it customary in Scotland to have bridesmaids, and for them to wear dressy dresses that might be of similar styles or colors?

Marielle~ I'm glad you had a great time at Carnaval, and sure you're relieved you didn't have to work today so you could recuperate a bit. You should feel flattered by all the attention given to you (and your bf). 8-) It's so typical of your bf, that he wouldn't even notice that women were trying to flirt with him....men can be so oblivious sometimes. :roll:
Banner by TammyAZ
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

Not much posting from me the last several days. been feeling bad. I think I am getting a nasty cold :( I have read post though ladies!

I am going to look for the VF article next week at walmart, hopefully they have it. I know Target stores in CA have that mag cause when I was there for christmas, my sister bought the one with Johnny Depp on the cover.

See you ladies later! I am gonna try and get some sleep now.
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning ladies.

I had to start work again today but feel broken…everything hurts and I’m still sleepy…I sure hope that they don’t expect me to do much…

Jaclyn, the girls would have bugged me of my BF had noticed it but he absolutely didn’t knew what I was talking about… it was really cute to see him so oblivious…
You don’t like cake???? What??? Seriously there aren’t much types of cake I won’t touch ( or eat)…

Lulu, yeah it was quite a party…it always is but the last few years I had taken a step back and just enjoyed the parade…this year I returned to the party floor…

Susie, yeah the party was back home…Carnaval is only really celebrated in the south and east of the country. I know there are some small parties throughout the country but nothing quite serious.
Thanks for the BDay list… I didn’t knew we had so many bday’s this month.

Oh Dang my boss just walked in…
I’ll respond to the rest of you tonight!!!
:wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Afternoon folks,

Just quick replies today....

Lulu - Yay for March birthdays! I hope you have a really lovely day on Friday :)

Desiree - Hey there girl!! So glad you checked in. I hope everything is going ok with school & the new house!

Susie - How many times will you go and see LesMis? That's really great that it is having such an affect on the audience; very powerful!!
Thanks for writing down all the March birthdays. I think it's really cool how so many of us HH Sisters have birthdays this month!!

Christina - Sorry you didn't get to see Twilight on the big screen, but what an awesome idea it was!! Will they be able to reschedule it sometime?
Yay for spending the weekend with Ginnie! What movie did you guys see?

missp - I hope the new student is settling in well!

Caryn - Thanks for letting us know about your training today! I hope it goes well and we will see ya when you get a chance to check in :)

Tracy - Seven stores and not one had VF?? Oh no!! That is really rubbish! :(
Sure, in Scotland some people have lots of bridesmaids, and others not so much. It just really depends on the individuals. I am having my sister as my best maid (or maid of honour) and BabyE and BabyR as flowergirls (who will be 3 and 5 respectively at the time, so not really babies anymore LOL). And then my bf will be of course having his best (wo)man. But that's pretty much it for the wedding party (plus my parents of course!).

JennJenn - Sorry you are getting the cold. I hope you feel better soon! :)

Marielle - Haha, nope I don't like cake or cheese...I'm a weirdo I know ;) :lol:

Well tonight we are going to my parents for dinner, and then going to visit some family. Have a great Tuesday all!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Hey Ladies!!!

Just checking in. Sorry don't have time to read and post reply's. Just letting you all know how much I missed the thread and all you amazing HH sisters. Been sick since last week, its sucks. Fever together with flu and cough. I haven't been online frequently because my doctor told me to take lots of rest. The good news is that I was able to pick up my copy of Water for Elephants. I am so hooked, I'm reading at the speed of a snail though. My meds make me sleepy and I went back to work today. Speaking of today, on my way home I passed by the mall near our office to pick up something, and as I walked by the cinema section there it was...dozens and dozens of posters of WfE posted at every corner that says coming (really) soon :clap: :clap: . It makes me more excited to read...Which reminds me I better get out of here maybe catch up another chapter of WfE before I go to bed.

Be safe everyone.
Later...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
Ilovetwilight0509
Learning to Love Green

Post by Ilovetwilight0509 »

Hi everyone, how are you guys doing. I see it has been busy as always with the post. thank you for posting pics., the trailers and anything else you have been posting. I appreciate it so much. I am not great with finding things on the computer and it is so helpful. I don't have a lot of time since my husband is trying to sleep as I am typing, but I had a little time before he came in to respond a little.

Have a great day everyone.

Hey everyone, it looks like some of you are having a hard time picking up vanity fair. I could check to see if I have them here if anyone would like me to mail a couple out? I don't really buy magazines so I don't know if I will have better luck, but I could try.

Jazz girl thanks for the parting gift. I haven’t really seen any footage of the movie.

SwanCullen- thanks for the pictures.
TammyAZ- I am so sorry you have been depressed. I hope everything works out for you. I am not a large person, but I am larger then I have been in a long time. I have had my second baby two yrs. Ago almost and stopping the breast feeding soon. Not only did I not lose my baby weight yet from both babies, but I just gained 8 lbs. While cutting down on the breastfeeding, but not cutting down on the food. . Plus before I had my babies I got in a car accident and couldn’t exercise for almost a yr. Before my first pregnancy. I think the hardest part for me is that I am still small that my friends look at me like I am crazy when I say I gained 8 lbs. But then I have my family making comments to me like I am jealous of my sister, because she is like a size 1 now, and I have to hear how she could be in a muscle mag. Which is fine, but I have been the skinner one for 20 yrs. And now that the tables are turned for the last 3 yrs. From me being pregnant and breast feeding I feel I can’t say things without them thinking of me as the fat one that is jealous. To my friends I am crazy to bring up my weight because I am still a smaller size then them, but my family knowing I was always the size 2 and I am not now I am jealous of my sister. It seems I can’t make a comment without being perceived as the big one in the family. Which is sad because no one did this to her and they shouldn’t have when she was bigger. It is sad how some people judge.

Although, I might not be going through the exact same thing it is sad how much people emphasize weight. I find that I don’t give a crap. People will judge you and you can’t care. The most important thing I find is that I don’t judge myself. I look at myself as I am what I am and when I want to get to my normal size I will or I won’t it is up to me. If I am healthy and happy that is the most important thing. You have to do what will make you happy. Do it for yourself and block out the people around you including yourself when you are hard on yourself. Don’t be so hard on yourself. You noticed and that is the first step now you just have to concentrate on what you have to do to change it. That has been the hard part for me, but I am ready since I know if I eat the same and quite breastfeeding I will need to buy new cloths and I am not doing that. I know I am not going through the same thing you are, but I understand weight gain and not feeling comfortable in my cloths.

Open fire- Thanks for confirming. I hope they don’t change the dat. I heard they might change it to LA. But I just want to make sure that I don’t make it sound like something else. When I say go I mean sit on the street for hrs. Hoping for the glimpse. But I have seen Rob it is more for the experience. There are easier ways to see Rob. But I will be dead. I don’t have the internet on my phone. I would love to send you updates. My friends last time were up for almost 2 days.

Velvet409- I think it was you I read that you have to pick up more slack at your business this week. You sound like you are going to be busy. I hope you aren't too busy. I think next month will be the busier month to read up on the chatting so your receptionist did well not leaving next month.
Last edited by Ilovetwilight0509 on Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lulu
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lulu »

if anyone finds the leno interview of rob online, please post it!! :) (i know that isn’t for a couple of weeks)

susie—haha, i didn’t get les mis until i saw the movie, which i loved! :) look at you with the birthdays! you’re just that kind of caring person though, how thoughtful. :)

thanks for popping in desiree!

christina—it was great hearing from you! i think it’s so cool that you and ginnie hang out. i’m glad you had so much fun with her. sorry this week will be difficult with the extra work. i hope you can treat yourself after work with something positive.

caryn, jaclyn and tracy—i absolutely loved chris weitz’ response tweets too, they are soooo funny! i almost lost my post today! luckily i had selected it and copied it before hitting ‘submit’. i clicked away from the screen right as i saw the ‘login’ screen and thought, “wait a second!” the window was closed so i couldn’t go back to it, but it was still saved in the memory bank of “copy”, thank goodness! i got lucky. i hope you have better luck next time.

tracy—i think that picture is a great example of how kristen will be all vamped up! oh my gosh, i can’t wait for BD 2 and that is a looong time away! thanks for writing about WfE, i loved what you said. i was definitely wondering how they were going to do some of the animal scenes...both the ending and the mistreatment stuff. those animals must be seriously trained.

raine—tell us what you think of WfE!

gotta run.