Rob's Halfway House -- #7

dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Rob's Halfway House -- #7

Post by dazzel21 »

Hi Everyone!!!

First of all Happy Birthday Lulu!!! Have a good one :clap: .

Thanks for all the thoughtfulness for me and my family. I was actually more worried for my mom and dad back home in our little town. It is situated near the coast line connected to the Pacific. They called last night to let us know they're alright and that the coast guard monitor the activities of the ocean all night and it was quiet and calm. Thank God for that. The news reported that the northern part of the Philippines suffered a few waves but only around 30 to 60 cm. Out here in Manila we're all dry and suffering from heat again. We're all spared again!!!

Warning: Rant coming up...
I'm having problems with my internet again. For the past 3 weeks it has been an on again and off again with the service. It is so frustrating to be home every night, specially during the weekends with no connection :banghead: and calling their customers service every other day :banghead: . Just this morning we spend 2 hours on the phone talking to their agents, officer of the day and then to their supervisor (who is so rude, he hang up on us twice). Finally, fed up my SIL threatened to cut the connection if they couldn't fix it this weekend. I think they took our warning seriously, they sent their technician to look at the problem and he put on a temporary solution until their line men could look at it seriously tomorrow. I hope they can fix it permanently tomorrow. We're paying almost $20 a month for that service. Whew...that felt good!! Rant over...

Tracy - Almost halfway through WfE. I just finished the part where they got Rosie the elephant. One thing is for sure though it ain't young adult fiction :lol: . I was laughing a lot with Jacob's, should I say "misfortune" with the lovely Ms. Barbara and her friend Nell. Poor Jacob. I figured it won't be part of the movie but it's still fun to imagine how Rob will act in out. :lol: :swoon:

Dawn - Happy birthday to your daughter!!! How old is she???

Tonise - Hi there :wave: !

Christina - Thank you for the thoughts!! We are so very thankful that we were always spared from this tragedies. First in 2006 by the Java Indonesia tsunami and now by the Japan tsunami. God is good to us.

JennJenn - It is such a tragedy. We were watching the clips on youtube last night and it was so sad. It reminds us of typhoon Ondoy last year that hit Manila only 10 times much worst.

AnneMarie - Thanks girl!! What have you been up to this past couple of week?

Tammy - Thanks for the lovely :swoon: !!!

Marielle - Yap, thanks for the thoughts! Our little country is still standing and thriving. I'm sorry to hear about your mom's car. I hope you it gets sorted out soon.

Chrissy - Enjoy spring break, you deserve it.

Caryn - Thanks for thinking about me and my family when you hear the news. Good luck with your meeting.

Susie - Yap couldn't ask for a better boss. We're still dry here :lol: . I think it reaches as far as Hawaii and some parts of the US. How did the internet lesson with your mom goes??? :)

Tomorrow I'm going shopping with my cousins. It should be fun and after 2 weeks of being coop up at my room I'm ready and dying to go out and do something fun for a change.
Hope everyone have a great weekend. Stay safe and see you next time.
Later.
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

Hi Ladies!!

Okay, I have 9 pages to catch up on and am still getting updated on all the horrific news coming out of Japan and Hawaii from yesterday. I just wanted to stop off and say hello for myself and for Sandy (twilightsagaaddict) as well. She sends her love via Facbook and wanted me to let you know she's doing well and just busy with RL.

Big hugs to you all. I'm off to get caught up on all I missed. :dizzy:
Last edited by VirginiaMay on Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

It’s spring, it’s spring, it make me song happy I could sing!!!!
Okay, I know with all the trouble happening I shouldn’t be happy, but with this weather I can’t help but dance around…
It’s actually warm enough to go out without a winter jacket…

I have been busy all morning cleaning, washing the windows and making some things ready for spring…I now finally found some time to post…

Like all of you I have been watching the news non stop, I have a sick obsession with natural disasters and with geology so I’m tracing all news and reports…I have to say thumbs up for the Japanese people, they looks so calm and they seem to handle it as well as they can…I am worried about that nuclear power plant though…

JennJenn, I hope you thought about some sleep last night, if you still were up when they reported the explosion, you were up late…I agree with you that it all looks so bad. Some how I wish I was there just to see if I could help but I think it’s better to stay away and let the profs do their job…

Christina, I don’t shop often online, it’s only once or twice a year at a site where I go to ever since they started, I know exactly what size I need, so I won’t have problems with fitting…

Tracy, you know, my mom is too hot headed for her own good, she is thinking up all these weird things in her anger that if she would to act on it, it would only be bad for her case…so I’m desperately trying to calm her down and use her common sense but I get really annoyed with her when she is like that…I’m convinced it will all work out…

Caryn, is that offer still open… those stupid idiots that run the bookstore don’t know where a next load of magazines will arrive, they say it’s possible never…so if the offer still stands let me know and I’ll pm you my address.

Raine, I’m happy everything went alright in your country…I know it sucks when the internet connection doesn’t work, sometimes here it has trouble as well, I could get really angry in those moments…
I hope you have fun shopping today…I’m suffering of withdrawal symptoms, normally when I’m alone or home in the weekend I go shopping but today I decided not to go…it’s a good thing the HH exists otherwise I would have been bored into shopping…

News from the BD set is that they also had to evacuate…they were in a possible tsunami location, at least Tinsel Korey posted that.. looks like the wolf pack was filming at la Push beach…

Maybe I’ll be back tonight…
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Happy Saturday, Girls! It is a beautiful day here! I am so thankful to have a home, terrific family and friends who are all healthy today, and a great church and church family... and my precious Baby Bella! So many people today are hurting and in need of one thing or the other. I am so blessed! I just had a moment of verclemptness standing in my kitchen pouring my second cup of coffee for the morning. It amazes me just how good God is sometimes!! :D
Yet, my heart breaks for all those people in Japan! :heartbroke:
I have read all of your posts and would like to just say a blanket :wave: and :) to all of you! I have my housework, laundry, and grocery list done. The remainder of my day is going to be spent in my pj's drinking coffee and writing fanfic.
Thanks to SUSIE ;) , I have a new-found confidence in my latest story, Between Dusk and Dawn, and I want to knock at least a chapter out this weekend so I can begin posting by Spring Break in April. I'll be back later to check in with everybody! Enjoy your day! *MWAH!*
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

*Takes a deep breath and walks into the Halfway House* :hello:

I don't know if you even remember me still.... I haven't been around in months and months. But I hope I can move in again. I'll try to explain what kept me away... I just fell out of this place for a while, and then I could never catch up. And then time just passed and I couldn't get into it, and I had this feeling that it was too late... So I never came back.
On top of this I've been struggeling with some health issues. For a few months I've been having this strange tingling sensation in my hands and legs, and it's been bothering me immensely, making me really anxious all the time. I'm feeling better now, and I'm seeing a neurologist about it in a couple of weeks. So hopefully I can have it sorted out. But it's been hard on me.
I also had knee surgery last week, fixing an old ACL injury in the knee. So now I'm on sick leave from work and on crutches.

So, that's my story... I've really been missing you guys a lot. And Rob too... I have to say I have not been keeping up with the guy any more than I have the Halfway House...

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Trine, I am 31 years old and from Norway. :wave: to everyone.

Is everyone still around? I've been so worried about Jade after the earthquake in Christchurch? Did you hear from her?
I hope everyone is okay. I leave you with this old goodie and a big hug.

-Trine-
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

FLY BY POSTING:

TRINE! I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. I saw your name at the bottom then I saw your post. I am so glad to see you back here! Of course we love to have you back! One a halfway house sister, ALWAYS a halfway house sister! :hug: I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for your health!
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
lulu
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lulu »

thank you everyone for the birthday wishes, i had a great day! we ate at my favorite bbq restaurant (they do a free birthday meal and i love it!) and took some random family pics, then hubs took me shopping! i got a great pair of jeans at american eagle and they feel like i've had them for years! amazing comfort! we went to olive garden where my friend and her husband treated us to dinner and then out bowling with them afterwards. it was so much fun. that night, hubs gave me another present. he bought a journal and said he was going to compile our old emails we wrote while we were dating but he forgot that they all got lost when hotmail deleted our old email accounts for not being active long enough. he re-lived that sad loss and decided to do something about it. so he bought a journal for us to write to each other in as if they were emails. then in the future we will have this great back and forth communication to look at and laugh about. he thought of it all on his own and i LOVE the idea! i'm so excited for it and we've already made our first entries. :)

anyway, on the posts:

marielle—wow that photomontage (video of rob) was really well done! i got a couple of ideas from it! thanks for sharing! and thank you for the birthday wishes and pic!

brienna—aw, your poor little boy! i hope he didn’t hurt too bad.

raine—i’ve been thinking about you a lot! i hope you’re ok and that your country stays safe EDIT: i saw your later post, i’m so glad things are good there. i feel so bad for the japanese! thank you for the birthday wish btw!

thank you susie!! i do think it energized me, haha! that’s so cute that you’re teaching your mom to use the internet!!

caryn—thanks for the birthday wishes and gift.! :) it was a great day!

chrissy—thank you! wow, you’re just about to start your 20s and i just turned 29, my last year! it’s sad for nostalgic reasons, but i’m excited for my 30s. ever since i was a teenager, i thought 30s was the place to be, haha. :) we’ll see if i was right soon enough!

thank you tammy!! all those are lovely! i noticed your one of kristen on another page, it looks awesome!

thank you, dawn!

annmarie—thanks for the birthday wish and for introducing yourself, it’s nice to meet you! :)

jenn jenn—thanks so much for the birthday wish and pic! i’m right there with you. i think it is so incredibly sad. i’m also really bummed that it happened on my birthday! i feel bad about having a good day when so much devastation was occurring. :( i’ve been praying for them.

christina—those were great pics! thanks so much for the birthday wish! i have some friends from india and every year they say, “many happy returns” how funny that you say it too! i never heard it before that. anyway, it made me smile to see you say it. :) thanks!

tracy—i don’t have daylight savings here in arizona. i always thought that was so weird! thanks for the birthday wishes and i loved seeing a WfE pic of rob! i’ll have to figure out how to post pics of my hair. it’ll need to be link from another site i guess... maybe facebook?

trine—nice to meet you, i’m lulu. i’m kind of newer around here. anyway, i’m glad you’re back, it’s such a fun place to be! good luck with your health issues. i’m sorry about them. you know, i’m just going to put this out there but i’m not suggesting it is what’s wrong... my sister has problems with anxiety and she gets panic attacks. one of the symptoms is tingling in the arms and hands. sometimes she’ll feel like her body is “buzzing”. there are a lot of other symptoms too. anyway, she got better with a program from lucinda bassett, i believe the website is www.stresscenter.com. anyway, just a thought in case you’re still looking for solutions and stuff. again, i’m glad you’re back. :)

:wave: to ginnie, jaclyn, sandy and the others!

see you later!
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

TRINE! I missed you, girl. I was worried. Thanks for the pm. I'll reply to it tomorrow. How's the house, last I heard you had building plans.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Welcome Back Trine! I'm so glad you're back!

No time to make my regular post now- catch you all later!

I'm also sad about Japan - we have several Japanese friends there in the Tokyo area. I assume they are OK, but still I'm sure they have family and friends they are worried about and the effects of the disaster will be felt by the entire country.
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Hey ladies.

Just a quickie post to say Welcome back to Trine! :wave: I thought you might appreciate that particular oldie but goodie.

It's wonderful to hear from you! Of course we remember you :D, at least those of us who were around several months back. It's never too late to check back into the Halfway House. :wink: Hope you're doing well, and recovering from your ACL surgery without too much trouble. I also hope the neurologist is able to shed some light on your symptoms of tingling in your arms and legs.

Susie~ I hope your friends from Japan are safe. We'll keep them in our thoughts and prayers.

Lulu~ Sounds as if you had a wonderful birthday, and were properly spoiled by your husband and friends, as it should be. I love the gift your husband gave you; a journal is such a a wonderful way to preserve those special memories you share. I know you can post your pictures in a photobucket account and then link them over here, and I guess Facebook would work the same way.

Missp~ Hope you enjoyed your well deserved day of relaxing and writing. Good for you for getting all the mundane stuff done first like grocery shopping and laundry.

Marielle~ I'm glad you're enjoying the lovely spring weather. Would you mind coming over here and washing my windows? ;)

Ginnie~ Hi! Glad to hear from you and Sandy.

Raine~ I'm glad to hear your parents are safe as well. Sorry about all the internet problems you continue to have. That must be so frustrating. Good for you, for putting your foot down and demanding they fix the problem properly. I knew you would enjoy reading WFE. I'd forgotten about Jacob's "antics" with Ms. Barbara--it would be fun to see how Rob would handle that particular scene. 8-)

Jenn Jenn~ Hi!
Banner by TammyAZ