Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901 -- Team Edward#3

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent
Location: Trying To Decide Between Edward, Stefan, & Dimitri <3!

Re: Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901 -- Team Edwa

Post by 21Twilight21 »

Jazz girl~ Omg you're right! How could I have forgotton about that part of the NM scene :O! I'm so disappointed in myself lol! I guess it's time to have another Twilight marathon with all three movies :D!
I agree that MR has done so much to try to belittle Edward and Bella's relationship! I love the movies, but their love and characters weren't correctly shown in the movies! I feel like so many important lines and scenes were left out of the movies because she wanted to add her own stuff!

Corona~ Yay Meadow day :)!
Thanks Chrissy for my banner:
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
^Fee-B is my dependable buddy^
Cullenfan
Settled in Forks

Post by Cullenfan »

Hi
just joined Twilight Lexicon (I know, bit slow on the uptake i know!) and this thread was recommended to me by another lovely member, thanks Pannybug84!

I've been re reading the Midnight Sun exert again recently (is it ok to talk about it? I know it's officially released) I love seeing everything from his POV, brings even more to the books knowing what those smiles and looks all meant. Makes me enjoy the books even more!

Just picking up on the subject, I love Robert Pattison as Edward, and I enjoy the films, but I dont feel Edward and Bellas relationship is developed enough, and the books are miles better.
Why are they both so miserable all the time? I know it's suppose to be intense, but his crooked smile was one of my favorite part of the books, they're suppose to be falling in love!

I think the only film missing the cover of the book is Eclipse, unless I missed the broken ribbon??
I run with the vampires!!!
I'm no Alice - your just predictable
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Cullenfan~ Welcome to the Lex! Not slow, just joining at your own pace. As far as The Book Which Shall Not Be Named is concerned, we do our best not to discuss it on the general threads because it hasn't been officially released. There are many around here who have never set eyes on it (I envy them their willpower). There is an MS thread where you can discuss it openly. If you do discuss it outside of the MS thread, most folks will use the invisible font button.

Glad Penny introduced you around. If you are a fan of Rob in his many incarnations, Rob's Halfway House might also be a place for you to hang out. We're a bit of a crazy bunch over there. But, we are able to discuss Rob in his many roles, not just Edward (though we all LOVE him as Edward). Again, welcome!
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Cullenfan
Settled in Forks

Post by Cullenfan »

Thanks Jazz Girl!

I thought some people might be holding off reading the book (not a chance I could wait!) so I'll make sure I keep it to myself in future!!

Thanks for the tip, I'll check that out sounds like good fun!
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Cullenfan wrote:Hi
just joined Twilight Lexicon (I know, bit slow on the uptake i know!) and this thread was recommended to me by another lovely member, thanks Pannybug84!
You're welcome!! :D And welcome to Team Edward!! Feel free to start any Edward related discussions or as a Edward question.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
sophie-loucullen
Settled in Forks

Post by sophie-loucullen »

Hey, I'm new around here, so just to comment on a topic from some time ago - I completely agree with everything said about Jacob, especially the parts about him being immature and not caring for Bella's happiness at all. He has always irritated me, not so much before he phased, but after it hit an all time high :x . When I read the scene from Eclipse, when he kissed (more like assaulted!) Bella the first time, I really considered throwing the book across the room, I then thought better of it, but honestly sometimes I just think who does he think he is? Bella, clearly, had a lucky escape when she 'chose' Edward - but then there really was no competition in the first place.
Rant over :)
'I want to be a monster,too'
Cullenfan
Settled in Forks

Post by Cullenfan »

Hi Sophie-loucullen! New here too! And loving reading all that is Twilight!!

Love your rant, didnt like Jacob at all either, I wanted to scream when he made Bella kiss him in Eclipse!! :evil:

But now I've read the books a few times I think he's just imature and the things he does that annoy me are just because he's desprate. The girl he loves is basically going to kill herself so he's just doing anything he can to change her mind and stop her.
He doesnt realise how in love Bella and Edward are (as if he could ever compete!!)
sophie-loucullen
Settled in Forks

Post by sophie-loucullen »

Cullenfan- I couldn't agree with you more! Really, there never was a love triangle between the three of them because in the books, Bella always makes it clear that she can't live without Edward, and she wouldn't want to either. Not that I blame her in the slightest, everyone dreams of finding their Edward, he's like the perfect man! :)
'I want to be a monster,too'
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

sophie-loucullen No worries. You're not the only one who thinks that!! The reasons you gave are exactly why I'm "team" Edward. Sorry stupid dog there wasn't really any competition.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Cullenfan
Settled in Forks

Post by Cullenfan »

I know!! It's never a love triangle!!

She doesnt want to lose or upset her friend, but Edward is the love of her life, there is not choice to be made!

Still a bit annoyed at Edwards reaction to Jacob kissing her in Eclipse - he should have kicked his wolfy butt!!!!