Dating Thread

samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Re: Dating Thread

Post by samajama »

all4teamedward: I can't tell you when it will or won't be okay for your boyfriend to kiss you. That's different for everyone. If you're not ready for him to kiss you, don't just assume he's all wrong for you and break up with him. Sit him down and tell him that you're just not ready to do that. Tell him you like him, but you want to wait for a little while, but you promise when the time is right, he'll be the first to know. It's cute and much better than saying, "EW NO! Don't kiss me, freak!!!!!!" Not that you'd say something like that, lol, but you get my point. Just be reasonable when going about it. If he's still pressuring you to kiss him when you don't want to be kissing him quite yet. Well, that's a problem, but I'm assuming he's a reasonable guy, and will understand. Hope things work out for you, and I hope that helped! And welcome to the thread! :)
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
a_n_n_a
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by a_n_n_a »

ALL4TEAMEDWARD wrote:He still wants to kiss me...and I want him to wait. So here's my question when exactly should we take that step?!
You take that step when you want to. If you're not comfortable with something, dhon't force it. And though I have zero experience in this part personally, I know that it doesn't mean you don't like him if you didn't feel some magical spark, or whatever the heck you want to call it, when you kissed in your backyard. You didn't want to lead him on wen you broke up with him, but I guess you realized now that might have been too hasty. Take some time if something like that happens, you know? You've got it under control now and I think you did the right thing in getting back together with him. Good luck!

Holden- Definitely call up Willow! Even just to voicemail it. I am a hardcore believer in voicemail, in leaving them and in receiving them. If she said she wants to hang out and get coffee, I'm sure she meant it. I know it's hard to not think about someone when you're in love but when you're in that circumstance just try and find new things to do.

Sam- Ha, Cuddles! That's so cool that he would do that for you. Having a Build-A-Bear is the kind of thing I would think is hilarious for a guy to make for me. Oh those boys . . . And just to give you a little compliment, I love the advice you give; a general comment I know, but still true.
ImageImageImage
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

=] my BF bought me Bella's bracelet and an E necklace for our 2 month. I fricken love that guy. =] PS he also said he loved me today and I didn't know what to say back so I said me too (?) thats a first for me. I really do love him, but not in a lets be together forever type way just a high school boyfriend type way, I just couldn't get the words out of my mouth
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

anna: Aww, thanks, hun! I appreciate that. Really. It's a really nice thing to ..er, "hear." Haha

edwardxlover: Aww, wow that's really sweet. And just because it isn't that love like forever and ever, you still love him. You said that yourself. So.. so what if it isn't that forever and ever kind? You love him. Tell him. Just be like, Hey. Guess what? I love you. Plain and simple. It's obiovusly just a high school thing and not a forever, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't tell him how you feel. Yeah, the first time is a little weird, but if you actually love him, and apparently he loves you, who cares. You've got nothing to lose. Go for it, girl!
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
VampireKnight
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by VampireKnight »

edwardxlover Also the more you learn to care for someone, the phrase "I love you" will also have a different and deeper meaning for you, which will make it special and even more worth saying.

**So I do have another question for you guys. The other day my ex walked in where I work (I about died) after we haven't talked in like, three months. And he starts asking how things are going with my car (because he's a mechanic) and so forth. I try to be emotionally detached, but polite, not too nice, so I do respond in simple phrases. All the while I keep my face expressionless. So then I ask him why he's in the store and he responds that he was dropping off a movie, which wasn't true because I had been keeping an eye on his account to see if he ever had rented anything. So anyway all of a sudden out of no where I see this other chick walk up from behind and stand beside him. She's giving me an evil "Who the heck are you" stare. My first instinct is that he was there to "show off" in front of me and crap, so I immediately turn away with a "Take care" and turn my attention to a customer. I hear him ask "What's wrong?" but then after another minute he leaves the store saying they're going to get a bite to eat. The woman follows him behind but he doesn't hold her hand or anything.

I have no idea what this situation is about!!!
holdencaulfield
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by holdencaulfield »

VampireKnight: My guess is that you Ex was just coming by to show off. It doesn't seem like he had any reason to talk to you, other than to show you that he had a GF/date or something like that. Which is in my opinion a really cold move. I'm sorry about that.

edward x lover: Well good for you. Thanks for the story that's really cute. I would say that there's nothing wrong with you telling him that you love him. As long as it's true, even if it's on a different level then it would be in other situations. I remember the first time that me and Elke told each other that we loved each other.

a_n_n_a: Thanks. I agree, that it is probably just best to call her and see what happens. She has told me for about three weeks that she thinks we get along well, and that she thinks I'm a nice person, and she connects to me. She also has really wanted to get coffee or something with me, and I doubt that she would just like say that, so I guess I will see what happens. I don't think that she will answer the phone though.
ALL4TEAMEDWARD
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by ALL4TEAMEDWARD »

samajama wrote:all4teamedward: I can't tell you when it will or won't be okay for your boyfriend to kiss you. That's different for everyone. If you're not ready for him to kiss you, don't just assume he's all wrong for you and break up with him. Sit him down and tell him that you're just not ready to do that. Tell him you like him, but you want to wait for a little while, but you promise when the time is right, he'll be the first to know. It's cute and much better than saying, "EW NO! Don't kiss me, freak!!!!!!" Not that you'd say something like that, lol, but you get my point. Just be reasonable when going about it. If he's still pressuring you to kiss him when you don't want to be kissing him quite yet. Well, that's a problem, but I'm assuming he's a reasonable guy, and will understand. Hope things work out for you, and I hope that helped! And welcome to the thread! :)
Thanx, samajama & Holden, that really helps. :D And yeah, he's a really nice guy. :) But its not like I don't want to, its just...I'm scared to...I still think I'm not gonna feel what he does for some reason...guess its my nerves. heheh ;) Well one good thing about this is at least I know I'm a good kisser, even though I've never done that before...lol JK ;)
And yes Holden, it was my first kiss...
And thanx to a_n_n_a too! OMG my BF got me a Build-a-Bear for my B-day! :o He like practically described it 2 me!!!
(My b-day's on the 11th YAY!!!) :mrgreen:

Edwardxlover: Well I was the first one to say that in my relationship...sigh* :roll:
It was funny, I was on the phone with him and we were talking, and I had to go or sumthin and i said " Is there anything else you wanna tell me before I go?"( I was kinda testing him to see what he'd say.)And he gave this really generic answer, he wuz like "Well I hope we stay together, for a long time."(Which was sweet 2 say but not what I was looking for.)To which I replied with "I love you too, Joseph." And then I hung up. lol :lol:
Valentina

Post by Valentina »

All4TeamEdward - I'll share with you what my mum shared with me when the FL's face licking didn't do it for me. I was at this point still trying to figure out if it was me or him that was the problem (it was him). All of my kissing up til that point was a peck from the boyfriend who turned out to be gay (more on that if y'all wanna hear it), and some very sweet closed mouth kissing with this guy, that for reasons I'm sure you can figure out, lets call Jacob.

Anyway, she said that maybe kissing didn't do it for me. Not everyone enjoys kissing. If kissing isn't your thing, don't worry about it. Different things work for different people. I'm paraphrasing cuz I don't know how old you are so I don't wanna say anything I shouldn't. Anyway, the point was, that just because you didn't feel anything from the kiss, doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you or with him.

Or it may have been too early, like your other friend said. If you're not comfortable with it yet, that's fine. And if he's not going to wait until you're comfortable (for anything, not just kissing), then he's not worth your time. No guy who is worth your time will pressure you to do things you're not comfortable with.

Another thing to remember is that kissing a new guy (or your first guy), is gonna be awkward, cuz you don't know where to put your nose, what to do with your hands, and you're much closer to him than you have been before. Until you get the hang of it and figure out what you and he like, then it might not be the romantic experience you expect it to be.

And personally, I think its very refreshing when couples don't feel like they have to be physical right away. Like the other person is more important than getting your rocks off.

Reminds me of the whole imprinting thing, actually. Like Quil and Jacob imprinting on young girls... they don't care that they're not in a romantic relationship. They just want the other person to be happy and to be there for them however that may manifest... tea parties, taking her hunting, whatever.

Holden - I really hope things get better for you. Maybe having some closure with Elke will be good for you. If its not going to work out, then you can have had a proper goodbye and not have to wonder about how it ended. And then if it turns out that in the future, you can have a relationship again, then you get to start with a clean slate. In the mean time, I wouldn't suggest dating anyone until you're sure that you're not just trying to get over Elke. Thats not fair to you or to the girl you date. Maybe just some some "Holden" time is what you need.
lovemesomecullensss
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lovemesomecullensss »

HOLDEN:
SAM's advice was really good. You should take it. I know it seems like you can never get physical or anything with another girl without feeling bad, but that's not going to happen. You'll get over her eventually and even though you'll probably always have a special place for her in your heart, she won't be looming in the background of your future relationships. I don't think you should see her in person again, that would be very hard for you; but hey, that's just my opinion. Maybe it would bring you some closure. But you don't have to "move on" right away. I know it'll take some time to heal these wounds. But you just have to know that they will heal and you're going to get better. It doesn't have to happen overnight. And it won't. But knowing that it'll happen someday is a comforting thought. So go have some coffee with Willow and talk about your problems and listen to her problems and just have some time to spend with her as a friend. I'm sure you two will be great friends, so go do something. It'll cheer you up. :]

SAM:
You do need to start flirting. It's fun and easy and makes you feel good. :] Give it a try sometime. ;] And Cuddles sounds adorable. I love Build-A-Bears! I know, childish, but they're just too cute. :]

LAYLA:
Hopefully John's not freaking Lane out too badly... haha.

ALL4TEAMEDWARD:
Welcome to the thread! :] So it's totally not a big deal that you didn't "feel" anything when you kissed your boyfriend. It happens. Give it some time. What exactly are you expecting? Have you experienced whatever it is that you're looking for before so you know what it feels like? Otherwise, I think you may be overanalyzing the situation. Just wait a little bit and don't kiss until you're completely comfortable with it. I'm sure your boyfriend will understand, he seems to really care about you. So good luck with that. :]

EDWARDLOVER:
It's okay that you didn't say it. But you do love him and it's okay to tell him. It doesn't have to be in a stare-into-each-other's-eyes-longingly-and-say-with-a-fiery-passion kind of way. It can be like how you tell your friends that you love them. My friend Andy and I say, "I love you" to each other at least once a day, like when we leave or something. It's just that simple. It doesn't have to be a big deal; I think at this point in high school most of us know that it's not a forever thing, you know? You'll be fine. :]

VAMPIREKNIGHT:
Sounds like he was just being a jerk. Good for you for remaining emotionless. And if he comes in there with her again, just ignore him unless you have to speak to him. It sounds like a good thing that you guys broke up because you deserve someone better. But just don't associate with him and you'll be okay. :]

As for me:
Tonight's show went really well. We got a standing ovation. :]
Nothing too much happened, really. I hugged Andy a bazillion times. I hugged Patrick a lot. I was a lot nicer to Joey and Coomer and they appreciated it haha. I introduced by best friends to them which was kind of awkward, but that's okay... And yeah, not a lot happened.
And then afterward, my best friends and I and our moms went out to eat at a place that we later realized was a gay bar... whoops... hahaha. It was interesting.
But I found out that the cast party's Friday night. Which is going to be weird because A) it'll be right after I tell Andy... and B) roughly half of the people there are going to get totally wasted and the other half (including me) isn't. So it's going to be awkward. Especially because I can't tell my parents that there's going to be drinking because they'd FLIP OUT. So that could be difficult... Oh man.

And by the way, JENNIFER wanted me to tell you guys that she won't be on the Lex for a few days because her grandfather passed away. It's pretty hard for her so keep her in your thoughts and prayers. :[
ALL4TEAMEDWARD

Post by ALL4TEAMEDWARD »

Thanx guyz, u rock. I think I'll talk to him tomorrow. :) He'll listen, he always does. And I know he won't make me do something that I don't want to do. He's too nice to me sometimes...*smiles* I don't deserve it. lol :lol:
And thanx for bein so nice about it, guys. I really appreciate it.