Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Post by LadyDi »

JazzGirl, the funny thing is, the readers of BDB will complain about the writing and what the author does, but the characters are so compelling and the baking so incredible that readers keep coming back for more. Despite having only read them once (I own them, but only my Twilight saga seems to get re-read), I can vividly tell you who is mated to whom, unlike some other series that I like but am not attached.

Will have to search for a Shamrock shake today in honor of St. Paddy's! Thanks for the reminder BlueStarlight!
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

A very HAPPY St. Patrick's day to everyone!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Openhome, are you trying to give me nightmares?! ;)

Di; I completely agree. I reread the BDB series twice and it does getting better (the story arc not Ward's writing per se). There are memorable scenes that I can tell you about without referencing to the books. You can't help but get sucked into their world. Oh to be a fly on the wall of the BDB mansion. Heehee.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

LadyDi wrote:JazzGirl, the funny thing is, the readers of BDB will complain about the writing and what the author does, but the characters are so compelling and the baking so incredible that readers keep coming back for more. Despite having only read them once (I own them, but only my Twilight saga seems to get re-read), I can vividly tell you who is mated to whom, unlike some other series that I like but am not attached.

Will have to search for a Shamrock shake today in honor of St. Paddy's! Thanks for the reminder BlueStarlight!

Gee, that kind of criticism doesn't sound at all familiar! :lol: But, I might need to take a look with such strong recomendations.

Shamrock Shakes! YUM!!! It's a St Paddy's Day tradition in my house. Tonight, we celebrated my wee'uns recital with them! :D
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I LOVE Shamrock Shakes!!! :mrgreen:

Yes, the BDB series is fantastic. The WARDen's writing improves through the series and even though there are moments when you want to kill her or get her a thesaurus ("core"), the characters and world just suck you in. Jazz Girl, seriously, if you like vampire romance that is a bit hardcore...you will most likely love and hate the series as we do. :twisted:
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

I just read a thoroughly entertaining YA book called Anna and the French Kiss. I recommend it.

I enjoyed Spring Break. We visited some friends we haven't seen in a few years and it was nice to catch up. It was like seeing family. Then GM (my hubby) and I took a much needed night away from the kids. :twisted: Sometimes it is good to get away. We haven't spent a night away from the kids in 3 years. When I realized that, I almost cried. How did that much time go by? We used to get away once a year. Well, I'm not gonna let that happen again.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

I LOVED Anna and the French Kiss!!

bac, I'm SO glad you guys had a chance to get away. I think it's really important for married couples to get away and just remember themselves as a couple, independent of kids, bills, jobs, church, laundry and all the pressures that make us pin prick at each other. You're girls are old enough that taking a weekend shouldn't be traumatic. We go on spring break next week. Since I just got back from a trip with Twihardy to visit Nena, I won't be going anywhere next week. In fact, I'm picking up some extra classes for other instructors who are taking off. We took a paper version of LadyDi with us, but didn't get a chance to see Sportygal.

Ok, shameless plug: Mouth Off Show is my baby brother's weekly podcast. He's a big wig in the a cappella world. Last year I gave him the challenge to come up with an hour-long playlist that I could use in teaching my spin class. It had to be energetic, legitimate, make-you-move kind of music. It was a huge hit with his listeners and my class members. So I told him he had to make it an annual event. The 2011 playlist will debut this Sunday. I was with my brother last week for his 30th birthday so he recorded me doing some of the identification tags. Anyway, you can download the MP3 file of the playlist for FREE! Gotta love free music. :clap: (The link above is to the 2010 playlist.)
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
bac

Post by bac »

Congrats to your brother Nissanmama. And you'll be on the podcast! Cool. 8-)

I'm feeling a bit sorry for my 13 year old. She has gotten 2 lectures/talks from her parents in less than a week about treating me specifically, but her parents and her sister and really all people with respect. She is a really good kid, but says STUPID things. And she doesn't seem to be so bad with other people, but man is she rude to me. I guess it is easier to be mean to your own family than others because you are stuck with them. I'm sure she has tuned her father and I out, but I'm hoping something sunk in.
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

bac wrote:And she doesn't seem to be so bad with other people, but man is she rude to me. I guess it is easier to be mean to your own family than others because you are stuck with them. I'm sure she has tuned her father and I out, but I'm hoping something sunk in.
Ah yes...life with teenagers. They really don't become human again until their twenties. Although, I can say that MG has been much more livable the last few months. She just turned 17 a week ago. FS actually called me today from Florida where I'm ignoring the fact that he's on spring break. He still tells me what he thinks I want to hear instead of what's really going on in his life. At least he's nice about it. :?
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
bac

Post by bac »

A friend of mine just told me of a place in town that is showing King's Speech in a PG-13 version (I try not to see R-rated movies). As I was looking at the site I saw that they are playing a new Jane Eyre. I think I may have heard that they were doing this, but I had obviously forgotten. It looks pretty good. I think I see a girls night in my future. :)