Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Post by Openhome »

bac wrote:Congrats to your brother Nissanmama. And you'll be on the podcast! Cool. 8-)

I'm feeling a bit sorry for my 13 year old. She has gotten 2 lectures/talks from her parents in less than a week about treating me specifically, but her parents and her sister and really all people with respect. She is a really good kid, but says STUPID things. And she doesn't seem to be so bad with other people, but man is she rude to me. I guess it is easier to be mean to your own family than others because you are stuck with them. I'm sure she has tuned her father and I out, but I'm hoping something sunk in.
My thirteen year old is on house arrest for diarrhea of the mouth. I have one more to go. They've all been horrid at 13. This particular one has a very strong will and thinks she can power her way through both me and hubby. She is now allowed to stay home and enjoy solitude for a while. So I can definitely feel your pain.

And Jules is right. Sometime in their late teens the demon flees and they wake up as a real person. Seriously, it's that fast. Hang in there and get creative. You will all make it.
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Can I just say how funny it is that sometimes we have thigns that are going on in our lives that are so frustrating and then it seems like everything else seems to mirror that frustrating thing?? My daughter and I have been at odds for about a month now. My children are much younger than teenagers...my daughter will turn 4 in June. But I sooooo feel like I am living with a teenager sometimes. My husband and I have never been the type of parents who "spoil" our kids. Honestly, financially, we can't afford to! :roll: But even as far as carrying her or giving her candy, we've been careful to limit any of that. But at her school, she's the cute little girl who no one can resist. They carry her everywhere, one tear and they give her whatever she's asking for. So at home, when her father and I say no to something, it's an explosion of epic proportions. She pulls that "you don't love me" card...which I must admit still hurts coming from a 4 year old. She goes in her room and slams the door on us. The other night, I almost forgot how young she was when I asked her what she wanted for dinner and her answer was "nothing" in a tone of voice that can only be described as full of distain. I warned her that if she didn't pick something then that she would get nothing else later. She looked at me, put her hands on her hips and said "Stop asking me! I said I didn't want anything. Leave me alone!" I swear, my vision blurried and I saw a moment where she was my height and getting ready to turn 16 instead of 4!

I can imagine it only gets worse when they are older. I have to admit, getting this small sneak peek is not inspiring! I'll be praying for all of you with teenagers, and for myself for what's to come with my "forceful" baby girl.

Thank you Naureen!!
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Oh Fan, I feel for you. Good luck with her, she sounds fiesty! And as far as the tantrums go, I say you give her the option to stop and be reasonable OR if she chooses to continue then she can and you will just ignore her. And then you do have to ignore her. That is just my 2 cents. Of course every child and every family is different, so you never know until you try what will work for you. Good luck!
by Laniyeah on photobucket
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

bac- thanks for the support! and I know u are right! When we are home, I do ignore her. But the hard part is when she does it in a public place. Ignoring her is not an option when other people are shooting u dirty looks! I can't count how many stores I've had to simply walk out of without completing my shopping because she's disrupting everyone else! Oh well, this too shall pass, right? :shock:

Thank you Naureen!!
bac

Post by bac »

You are doing a great job Fan. We all do the best that we can.

Did you guys see you could win a Stephenie Meyer Autographed New Moon Poster from the Lexicon?
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Cool! I hadn't seen that!

I have a 15 month old...I thought I had years...a decade before the pain I've heard about (dreading). FanMNM, four years old!!! ACK!!!!!!! :shock: :o :worried:
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

FINALLY! The playlist is up on my baby brother's website. You can download it for free and have 45 minutes of awesome exercise music. You can hear me on a couple of identification tags. My daughter heard it and freaked out, "That's not what you sound like!! That sounds like a woman with a freaky man voice!!" Well, radio voice, yes. Allergies, yes...but freaky? Thanks honey for making mommy feel insecure.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
bac

Post by bac »

I just got home from a church meeting for the women at church. It was fun, but it is late. So I saved the playlist to my favorites so that I can listen when I get a chance. I always think my voice sounds freaky when it is recorded. Interesting that your daughter thinks your voice sounds freaky. I would think it would sound the same to her.
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

nissanmama wrote:You can hear me on a couple of identification tags. My daughter heard it and freaked out, "That's not what you sound like!! That sounds like a woman with a freaky man voice!!" Well, radio voice, yes. Allergies, yes...but freaky? Thanks honey for making mommy feel insecure.
Thanks for the link,Nimama, I love it!

I totally get the "sound like a man" thing. I cringe everytime our answer machine goes on (my voice is recorded) at home and on my dad's cell voicemail. I've even had a family members mistake me from my brothers too. :blush:
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
bac

Post by bac »

Want to win a Poster Signed by Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart? It's another giveaway from the Twilight Lexicon to celebrate our Birthday month!