Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901 -- Team Edward#3

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
sophie-loucullen
Settled in Forks

Re: Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901 -- Team Edwa

Post by sophie-loucullen »

Love everything that's been said during my absence, agree with it all! Oh and this is my third time trying to post this, it keeps mysteriously disappearing :cry:
The blood typing scene was one of my favourite scenes of the saga and i just hope MR knows how big a mistake it was to ignore it. All the little things that happen between Bella and Edward are so important to us fans ( Team Edward especially! :hug: ) It shows them when they are at their best and can just be themselves around eachother without the fear of someone coming to get them.
I also agree with Jazzgirl about turning the books into a teenage movie, maybe that's who the films are aimed at and yes it probably is the majority of the audience, but just because we're teenagers doesn't mean we don't appreciate the connection between two people. The chemistry is what's important in this, something which Rob and Kristen had the first time they met and it would have been nice to see more of that :)

Oh and if the Bella/Jacob kiss does win, I may end up throwing something hard at my tv! That was one of the scenes I wouldn't have minded being missed out.
'I want to be a monster,too'
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

The chemistry between Rob and Kristen is what saved MR's bacon. She probably patted herself on the back for the success of Twilight, when it ended up succeeding in spite of her.

Yeah, the major thing lost in the movie was the lead up. Both had an undeniable attraction, but both resisted. It was very difficult for both of them for very different reasons. Blood Typing day was full of great scenes, none of them making it to the big screen, what a shame. The first tentative gestures loaded with unspoken communication, each of them beginning to reach out to the other but afraid of rejection and getting their hopes too high. And in Edward's case, of course, afraid even of acceptance. Nope, MR decided to put none of that in.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
sophie-loucullen
Settled in Forks

The directors and MR all say that scenes are taken out because they slow down the flow of the film. I don't see how giving Bella & Edward a bit of time to connect and, like you said, to reach out to eachother, would slow down the film - if anything, it would have made it better! Obviously there isn't much we can do about this now, and the films are amazing, but I just wish she would have thought about these things in the first place.
And it's true that if it was anyone with less chemistry than Rob and Kristen, the films wouldn't nearly live up to the expectations of the fanbase - they really did save the day!
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent
Location: Trying To Decide Between Edward, Stefan, & Dimitri <3!

Post by 21Twilight21 »

Hey everyone! I agree with everything!

I don't see how those scenes could've slowed down the movie! In my opinion I think they movied through the scenes too fast! Like one moment they were having their first conversation and then all of a sudden they are being chased by James! I loved the movie because I understood what was really going on, but to my family members that didn't read the books it seemed to change too much! They didn't understand what was going on and they didn't feel the connection between the characters!

I love the chemistry between Rob and Kristen :D! Their chemistry made all the fast paced scenes work!
Thanks Chrissy for my banner:
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
^Fee-B is my dependable buddy^
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

sophie-loucullen wrote:The directors and MR all say that scenes are taken out because they slow down the flow of the film. I don't see how giving Bella & Edward a bit of time to connect and, like you said, to reach out to eachother, would slow down the film - if anything, it would have made it better! Obviously there isn't much we can do about this now, and the films are amazing, but I just wish she would have thought about these things in the first place.
And it's true that if it was anyone with less chemistry than Rob and Kristen, the films wouldn't nearly live up to the expectations of the fanbase - they really did save the day!
Many call me a conspiracy theorist, but I do find it interesting that all the scenes that are cut out for the sake of the flow of the film, or because they slow it down, are scenes in which we see Edward more clearly, where we are allowed to understand his motivations and intentions, or where we see that Bella understands them and accepts them. In short, we lose the scenes where Edward is painted in any kind of particularly positive light. I'm sorry, but I don't find that coincidental across three movies. Nor do I find it coincidental that much of Puppy McJackanape's escapades which prove him to be a total jerk are toned down or were never written in in the first place, but ever single time he can be painted as the hero or the good guy is MOST CERTAINLY featured prominently. Anyone who has ever read the original script for Eclipse knows that they even tried to give some of Edward's most beautiful lines in the tent scene to said canine interloper. Thank gods someone stood up to that!
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
sophie-loucullen
Settled in Forks

21Twilight21~ It was the same with my family members, my mum wanted to read my book but when she started it she didn't get it because they are shown in so much more depth! The characters aren't portrayed enough in some parts and that's not the actors fault in the slightest, they can only work with what they have written down.

Jazz Girl~ I completely agree with you there! There are scenes from the books that should have had a place in the film and these are the ones where Edward shows us who he really is and how he feels. It really annoyed me when they never actually said 'I love you' to eachother in Twilight, it's clear they do, not to purposefully quote the book here, but still it's nice to hear it regardless. Oh and I LOVE the nickname! 'Puppy McJackanape' it's brilliant! :D

Jacob definitely has all the scenes in which to play the 'good guy' and that's why all the people I know who haven't read the books don't understand why it gets me so angry when he comes into the films. Of course they're all Team Jacob, but I honestly doubt any of them would put up with him if they knew what he was really like. Edward deserves his team. Jacob, on the other hand, doesn't and I can't help feeling that it's Taylor's abs that get the girls screaming rather than the actual character they confess their love for...
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

SopieLouCullen~ :lol: The name I actually call him, I can't use because of the filters. The first four syllable's are the same, but the last is just a wee bit different. I'm sure you can guess what it is. I try very had to at least give him a chance, but I just can't. Time after time, he shows his true colors. Time after time, he interferes where he isn't needed or wanted and he supplants Bella's wishes and desires with his own. He's beyond conceited in thinking that he knows better what's best for Bella than she does and he's deluded enough to think that he has any kind of right to try and force that position on her. Pardon my rant. I just can't seem to keep my tongue behind my teeth where he's concerned.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

JG, that's funny, my name for him begins the same way as your real name for him ends, but it only has two syllables.
Last edited by corona on Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

sophie-loucullen wrote: Edward deserves his team. Jacob, on the other hand, doesn't and I can't help feeling that it's Taylor's abs that get the girls screaming rather than the actual character they confess their love for...
I totally agree w/you!! This is one thing about the movies that has always annoyed me to no end. I've hears so many teenagers say the reason they think Bella should be w/Jacob is because Taycob is hot (and I assume they also refer to his abs.) The reason he has those is BECAUSE he HAD TO bulk up to keep his job. No offence to Taylor. I don't hold anything against him. He seems like a nice enough kid. I just can not stand the character he plays.

My mom hasn't read the books (she's only seen the movies) & so she doesn't understand why/my hatred for Jacob either. Even though I've tried to kind of explain it to her she just doesn't get it. Because she knows my love for Twilight she's bought me miscellaneous merchandise & some of it has that dog on it. And so I don't know what to do.I don't want to hurt her feelings.

My biggest pet peeve when it comes to the movies are taking out (or not including) those scenes that show Edward's TRUE CHARACTER. (Like after the *GAG* Dog/Bella kiss they took out the part where Edward explains more.) And toning down the dog's immaturity.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent
Location: Trying To Decide Between Edward, Stefan, & Dimitri <3!

Post by 21Twilight21 »

I agree with all of the above! I hate how Jacob is always made to seem like the good guy! It's true that the scenes that show who Edward really is are missing from the movies! It's so difficult for me to explain to my friends and family that are Team Dog, why I'm Team Edward! They only see the character from the movie and what Taylor looks like! I have nothing against Taylor, but I hate how mostly everyone chose to be Team Dog because of Taylor's looks! The books showed soo much more of Edward's character and who the real Jacob was! The movies show Jacob as the nice guy, but he's not the best choice! I can't stand reading about Jacob in the books and even though the movie Jacob is easier to tolerate, that doesn't mean he's the better man!
Thanks Chrissy for my banner:
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
^Fee-B is my dependable buddy^