Teen Thread -- Ages 13-19 (Tweens are welcome!)

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
nightrunner
Wrestling With Emmett

Re: Teen Thread -- Ages 13-19 (Tweens are welcome!)

Post by nightrunner »

just confirmed where I will hopefully be going to uni in september! its such a scary moment!!! but awesome too because now it feels like its happening.....

hanni~ i had a penpal once, only got sent like 1 letter though before she stopped :/ she was kinda cool though, from brazil which i thought was awesome
ImageImage
Alexa | Im on The List : Lexus | banner from narnia
Mafia Valentina Ricci
Team Esme | Bri and The Brits
aussie-twigirl
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by aussie-twigirl »

TSB- Eeek! Long-ish post :D I love how you made a long post reply to me out my relatively medium and boring last post haha. I've missed the long chats of ours!
Haha, oh YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! Aww, that does sound like a difficult decision... it sounds like you made the right choice for you. Going to the better, more expensive college would be good, but having your friends around you is important too. And like you said, you can transfer later. I forget you Americans have to pay for college while you do it... here in Aus we have the option to defer our payments until we're fully employed. It's kinda like a loan, but there's no interest, and you pay it with your taxes once your earning a good amount of money and you don't even notice it being payed back. I think its good cause even people who can't afford uni at the time can go and then once they're qualified and employed they'll pay it back, and you can go whereever you want.
Are you moving away from home for uni?? I'm doing that next year... so scarrrrrry :eek: but exciting too!
Oooooooh prom!! Are ya excited?!? I wanna see a pic of your dress!! What colour is it?? Yes pictures are a must!!
Yeah, well I've grown closer to the ones that I'm still friends with.. most are through uni anyway.. and a lot of the friends that I've lost dropped out, transfered or are repeating first year. =( But it's okay, that's what happens and yeah you can't do much about it. That's true, they make class more interesting!
Wow, sounds exciting!! Aww, you'll be okay!! Nerves can be a good thing =) you'll be alright and you'll have lots of fun!
Oh, that's so soon... excited? nervous? I can remember my last few weeks of high school... so many memories and emotions!!
That's so awesome! I'm glad your loving life atm :) Yeah stress and sadness is apart of life unfortunately... it's the good and happy times that are important!!
Haha, don't apologise! I love life-novels haha!!
I know!! It's awesome =) It's not meant to be a relaxing holiday/break though... we're supposed to study for most of it. They call it a non-teaching break.. ugh! But it's the first holidays I've had in soooo long cause of summer exams. So I'm slowing down a bit.. and stopping to smell the roses! haha =)
Yeah exams are never fun! But i'm used to them now.
Yeah I'm happy!! haha.. what do you have to do to get them/keep them???
Yeah, second year is pretty good!! Learning a lot more than last year... now it feels a bit more medical sciencey!! haha. It's very full on and busy though. 8/9am-5pm Monday-Friday is so not fun!! I'm so tired and exausted by the end of the day.. but I guess I should get used to it! I'm looking forward to next semester already (haha 6 weeks into a new sem and I want a new one!) cause it means I get Mondays off! Yay.. hopefully I'll be able to post more during the uni term cause I'll have an extra weekend-day lol!
Aww, well you'll soon have more time to read... I know I didn't read many new books in my senior year either. I think I reread HP and Twilight saga a lot of the time! lol that probably explains why I haven't really wanted to read them for about 6 months! LOL!
Me too... although the season final was a little bit disappointing. Like I think I expected more.. but I can't put my finger on it! haha
You should catch up!! Grey's is so exciting and amazing atm!! Yeah I thought the Musical ep wasn't that bad!! I really liked it actually... it was like a Grey's Tribute! =D
Yeah, it does huh? And it doesn't just have a long name... it's a loooooooooong test. Like a 6 and a half hour test! :S Yeah well that's what a lot of the Med students that i've talked to say to do.. just cause it's so hard and important. Results come out in May so we'll see.
oh really? We can always do with more Edwards around here!! haha :P
Haha! TVD was amazing as you already know! lol
Edit: oops! I didn't mean to write sooooooooooo much!! haha :rotfl: but woo! for long posts :) we had a lot to catch up on :thumbsup:

Hanni- Ugh, I know. I agree.. Jennifer Lawrence seems okay. But Liam Hemsworth? LIAM HEMSWORTH?!?! Really? He's too wishy-washy you know? I kinda liked him in the Last Song (one of my favourite non-series-epic books!) but he didn't really need to act in that! But in HG he does! I really hope they don't ruin it! Ajhskhjdkaiuohfdpkihioahsoh!!!!

Shai! Hey! How are you? I'm good =) I'm on a break too :) What have ya been up to lately?? Have you been watching TVD?

Alexa- Oh how exciting!! Uni is so many things.. scary, exciting, nerve-racking, different, fun :) but you'll love it!! =D

The weather-man is being a jerk... it's been raining allllllllllllllllllllll weekend!! And they say it's gonna be raining and cold all week too! I'm not ready for winter yet =( we didn't even get to have a proper summer ugh! I think I'm gonna spend my Sunday in bed watching Gossip Girl!!

Hope everyone's have a fantasically-wonderful weekend! :yahoo:

~ Paige xxx
TY KYM!! =)
Paige I'm on the ListV2!
Edward|Emmett|Quil|Carlisle|Alice
SHIEGE and PIEGE = TWINS *~* KYM IS MY TSB
My Blog - Kaleidoscopic Dreams
i am bella
Often Mistaken for a Bear
Location: wherever it's raining .::. #9 .::. woiloping with sarah

Post by i am bella »

So..... I'm the busiest person ever. I greatly apologize for my lack of being here lately, but sadly it's not going to change. I've got work 3 nights this week, the Ke$ha concert Tuesday, and then I'm leaving for vacation Friday afternoon. So this might be my last post until I get back. :(

@PET: As much as I've always loved Josh Hutcherson as an actor, there's no way he's Peeta. It's just not right.
Danggg, all beat up?!?! :(
Well it's the same in Latin. :P

@Kim: We ordered the dress. I don't know why it hasn't come in yet though... :?
We're pretty much done at this point, me and that guy. We chatted a bit today, but nothing's gonna come of it. It's just gonna go back to how it was if anything. And I guess I'm fine with that. I think I'd rather just be friends with him.
Apparently the only reason minors weren't allowed to be tools associates was because of the paint mixer but they got rid of it before I started working there..... So my manager is still being wicked shady about it.
No, third guy definitely didn't work. But I guess me and the minor are kind of okay for right now. We had a few small laughs on Friday. But the problem is he doesn't really work a lot...

And hello to everyone elseee!!!!

~*Chrome*~
ImageImage
~sam~piercing/tattoo expert~sarah=twinny~im on the listv2!~
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent
Location: Trying To Decide Between Edward, Stefan, & Dimitri <3!

Post by 21Twilight21 »

I'm loving this reversed schedule thing that my school has been doing for these last couple of weeks! Every other day the school class schedule is switched so some days I don't have a 1st-3rd period so I only have to go to school for 45 minutes then I can go to lunch lol! This is what my class schedule is like: last Thursday I went to class like I normally would, Friday I only went to one class, Monday is Senior Skip Day so I won't be going to class, Tuesday I only have one class, and Wednesday I'll have a regular schedule lol! It seems like I'm never going to my morning classes lol!

Hanni~ Haha ooo a petition :o that sounds fun!! Lol!
:clap:
Lol yeah getting letters is awesome! I don't have much time to send letters right now so I would be a bad penpal =( and when I go off to college I'll have a new address so it would probably be better for me to wait before becoming a penpal lol!

Loba~ Ooo I love long vacations lol!
I'm doing very well =)! Life is going great so I can't complain! How are you doing??
Lol you post then disappear so that's a reason why everyone always calls you stranger =P!

Alexa~ Yay that's very exciting! I've decided on a uni, but I still have to fill out the housing information so it's not official yet lol!

TSB~ Haha I so noticed how my post to you was huge! I can't help it anymore... I always make long posts even when I don't mean to lol! I've missed our chats too lol!
Yeah it was so hard to decide especially since I'm not a very independent person lol! If I went to the expensive college I would be all alone until I hopefully made friends, and at the other college lots of my friends are going there, so I did realize it would be better for me to have people around to help me get used to being on my own! I'm hoping that I will be able to transfer once the nursing part of my learning starts lol since basically the first two years are the basic subjects anyways! Omg that sounds soo awesome! I wish we had it like that lol! It's so hard for people to go to college and get a good paying job after because they don't have the money to start college! That is a very smart process :lol:!
Yes I'm going to move away from home :?! Both of those colleges are only two hours away which is why I love them both lol! It hopefully won't be too bad because if I want to come home on the weekends I probably could! I'm kinda scared about being away from my family and making more "adult" decisions lol! I'm not ready to be a grown-up :lol:!
Yes I'm excited for prom =D! I'm kinda worried that something will go wrong though because most of the time my friends aren't very dependable and I mean that in the nicest way possible lol! My friends and I will end up showing up somewhere late because they aren't ready in time or they don't understand directions! My dress is black at the top and around the waist area and below it has orange, pink, and white swirls... it sounds really weird when I describe it :lol:, but it's a pretty dress (in my opinion anyways lol!)! I'll be sure to take lots of different pictures and show all of you! :) I don't want to show anyone a picture of it now until I'm properly fixed up and wearing it so everyone will get the full effect :P!
Aw it sucks to lose friends so I'm sorry that happened =[! It's nice when you get closer to other friends though, like I grew a part with a few of my friends this year, but I also got closer to other friends that I usually only spoke to in class! Now it's pretty awesome since we all hang out outside of school and life isn't as boring as it was before lol!
Thanks =D! You were right, everything turned out alright and I had so much fun! Once everything got going the nerves went away!
Yes I can't believe graduation is almost here! I'm so excited because this is such a huge moment for my classmates and myself! I know it's going to be such an emotional time! I am nervous too lol! I'm hoping that I don't fall when I'm walking across the stage lol! It's so crazy to think that once school is over I'll be moving away to start college :O!
Thank you =]! I'm trying to enjoy everything and not worry about the bad stuff that comes around since it's unavoidable!
Lol for some reason I can just go on and on and by the time I realize it my post is huge!
Wow and they really expect all of the students to study during a break?! Haha that doesn't sound possible =P! Yes it's definitely important to take a break and enjoy the roses! I do believe you have been soo busy lately with studying, exams, and all the other class work so you deserve a break!
Lol well that's good! I don't think I'll ever get used to exams lol!
Well to get them you basically have to answer a bunch of questions, tell them about your grades/community service/family life, and write an essay =[! To keep them you have to keep your grades above a certain level and sometimes you have to re-apply, but it depends on the scholarship!
Haha I bet it's more exciting now that you're working more on the medical type stuff! It's like now all of it's real since it's closer to doing what you want to do right? Wow I don't know how you can handle all that! Lol I can understand why you're ready for the next semester! Having an extra day off would probably mean you would have more time to rest and do whatever you want lol!
Yeah I'm hoping that once all this crazy senior year stuff is over and everything is settled down that I'll have time to read and catch up on shows/movies! I've heard lots of good book and movie recommendations, but I can't find the time to read or watch them! Haha yeah that might explain it!
I know what you mean like the season finale had exciting stuff, but it didn't seem so intense throughout the episode like I expected! I thought it was great, but it wasn't as great as I thought it would be!
Wow when you put it that way I guess I better catch up on Grey's lol! Aww I love watching tribute's so I'll try to catch up and see the musical episode!
Wow that is crazy long!! The longest test I've ever taken was around 3 hours and it only lasted that long because the people giving the test weren't very organized lol! Well I hope your results come out very well =]! You're a hard worker so I'm sure you did great!
Haha yes I thought the same thing!
Lol see it's hard not to post so much! We had so much to talk about lol!
Ugh I wish I had your raining weather!! For awhile we were having nice, sunny days, but now it's always so windy and dry! We need the rain lol! We've had soo many fires around my town and basically the whole state the last couple of months!

Sam~ Yep it's true you are the busiest person ever :lol:!
Ooo Ke$ha! That sounds fun =] I hope you enjoy the concert!
Yay that's awesome that you ordered it! Hopefully it will be in soon!
Wow that sucks, but it's not good to be going back and forth like that like both of you should be on the same page about what's going on! Maybe it would be better for the two of you to just be friends!
Ooh ok I guess that makes sense since people are always talking about how minors shouldn't have anything to do with paint, chemicals, and aerosal type things! If they got rid of it though it shouldn't affect the workers though :S
Well that's too bad about the third guy, but it's nice to hear things are okay with the minor! I guess you and the minor need time to get to know each other more and then the fun times should start lol!
Thanks Chrissy for my banner:
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
^Fee-B is my dependable buddy^
PhoebeJ
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by PhoebeJ »

Guys I have to have a blood test today and I hate needles. I hate them. And I'm really freaking out! And then I have work afterwards so I'm so not allowed to faint. I have to be completely ok to waitress, which I can't see happening!

Hey Paige and Shai! Nice to see you two posting again!

I'll reply properly later!

*hugs*
Team Jasper Team Damon I'm on the ListV2
Love you all so much!
My Blog
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Post by The girlie-wolf »

So I was at the beach yesterday and I just kind of lay there and listened to music, and I forgot to put sun screen on. So like half of my body is white and then my back is completly sun burnt lol

Hey Jap and Sammy :D

Kimmy~ haha that's because I'm really busy and I keep forgetting I posted...

Piege~ I'm good =] No, I haven't.. They've been on a break for wayyyy too long. It's hard to live without Damon :'(
Shai~ on the ListV2! ~Bunches of teams~ Team Quil-Alpha
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

Hey!
I don't have much of an update. My life is boring....... On a good note, it feels amazing outside. I sat on the porch and read for a while but then the sun started to fry me. :|

So, unfortunately I just found out that the city is canceling the bus I take to get to school because of low funding. Now I have to come up with some money so I can get a drivers licence. Not that getting one is a bad thing. I've been needing one, I just don't have the money. If I am able to get into the class I have to be sure it won't interfere with my summer class..... I need to find a way to get a job.

I'm still getting used to the new house. I have an essay to write and I haven't even begun on it OR my speech I have to give Friday. I quit! Lol.

TVD was so amazing last week! =) The season finale for Being Human airs tonight. Noooooooo! :cry:

The landlord told my mom she can paint so now she has me looking at a billion paint swatches. :roll:

That's all I have. Hope everyone has a great day.
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
- - * will you still love me tomorrow? - Amy Winehouse
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent

Post by 21Twilight21 »

Fee-B~ That blood test doesn't sound fun at all :(! I hope everything went well!
*Hugs*

Loba~ Haha bad idea to be in the sun without sunscreen :S. Ouch!!
Ooh haha ok that makes sense! So how have u been??

Chrissy~ Yay for awesome weather :D! It's been windy here for the longest time so I don't like being outside much!
Wow that sucks that they are cancelling the bus! Hopefully everything works out ;)!
I have a speech on Wednesday and I should be working on it too, but I don't feel like it lol! Good luck with your speech :)!
TVD was amazing :D! I'm so glad it's back lol even though the rest of the season won't last too long!
Lol good luck picking a paint color!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Dear Friends of the Teen thread,
Please keep all posts about The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide in your own Guide thread found HERE. This thread should remain spoiler free. We will eventually combine the two threads (like we did for the Bree Tanner Novella).
Thank you.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent

Post by 21Twilight21 »

I'm just stopping by to check in for the day :)! I have a Communications speech tomorrow so I need to go work on it even though I've had five days to do it :lol:! I have no choice, but to work on it right now though so I'll post more tomorrow :)!

I hope everyone had a great day! :D