Rob's Halfway House -- #8

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Ilovetwilight0509
Learning to Love Green

Re: Rob's Halfway House -- #8

Post by Ilovetwilight0509 »

Ok, am I blind or was that really a kiss? It looked like she pulled away before contact? Good for them if it was. He looked so Happy. Good for them. Apparently that happiness lasted through to the next day because he was late. lol

Susie, thank you for giving everyone a heads up. I don’t know what happened, but I lost Tuesday. I don’t even remember it happening. It was like after being up from 6am on Friday I went to bed Monday at 11pm and I woke up I know I did with my kids, but I don’t really remember Tuesday. I was so shocked when I got a call confirming an appointment for Wed. in ½ hr.

Marielle- Dawn Monte and Dawn Mondo look for me.

Jazz Girl- I have a page I started just so I can catch up on the 6 or 7 people I talk to the most without having to run into everyone else. Sometimes I forget that 100 people can see what I write and occasionally someone will offer an opinion when I wasn’t looking for it, which is fine, but when people forget that they are just offering an opinion and not the absolute right answer I have to separate myself. We all have opinions and I don’t think we should get mad at people for their opinions. I mean if I was being mean, swearing, and criticizing people that is one thing. But if I say white and you say black I don’t have time to surround myself around people that will get mad at me for not switching to black. Plus, I talk more about my twilight stuff on the one page so my family misses most of it. The less they see the less they can say about me. No biggy I have just been working on the separation thing for months and trying this out. Lol
Come find me. I neglected to write everything up in case everyone can just go on facebook.

Tracy- thank you.

Susancullan- I had a the most miserable fun a person can have. So many emotions you go through, and as soon as it was done I was like I don’t think I could do this for 5 days, but I am say now maybe.

Openfire- you can friend Dawn Monte to see the pics and Dawn Mondo to see the video from A-Z everything we went through. My friends have a lot of pics too on the Dawn Monte page.
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Hello ladies~

Hope everyone's having (or had) a great Thursday, and are as ready for the weekend as I am.

**EDIT: I've finally caught sight of Edward, with 1000 posts! Hallelulah! :clap:

I finally had the chance to watch Rob's appearance on Ellen, and I think it was my favorite of his appearances, up to this point. I loved how he looked a bit rumpled and his hair had the trademark “just ran his fingers through it” look. He was very funny telling stories about singing karaoke “for ten hours” in a random bar in Lubbock, Texas, to wearing the “Ellen” underwear while filming a fight sequence (for Eclipse, I guess?), as that was his last clean pair of underwear. :lol: He's such a guy. :roll: He certainly did seem happy and at ease, and I think part of that is due to Ellen's personality (along with the fact that Breaking Dawn filming is finally finished and he's certainly earned a vacation). Ellen is just as silly as Rob, and I could listen to their random banter for hours. :) And I love that she gave him the basket of “Ellen” underwear--now it'll really be quite awhile before he learns to use a washing machine.

Susie~ I think you're absolutely right about Rob and his interviews. He makes it seem so easy with Ellen, and he appeared more like an equal partner who occasionally steered the direction of the interview, instead of simply waiting to answer her questions, if that makes any sense. He does seem more confident and comfortable this time around, and perhaps part of that is due to aging and maturity, and just becoming accustomed to the craze surrounding these promotional appearances. I also imagine it's a nice change for him to promote a project completely unrelated to Twilight, and a project where he shares the burden of the success or failure of this movie with two very famous and noteworthy costars. Dang.....I forgot to look at Rob's thighs! I'll have to watch it again. :D Thanks for the treasure hunt ideas. The only problem might be that as far as I know, the kids still believe in the Easter Bunny. How would I explain that the Easter Bunny typed out all these clues for their treasure hunt, or that I knew where he/she hid their baskets, if the kids know I typed the clues? ;)

Jenn Jenn~ Glad to know you're safe--you've certainly had some wild weather the past couple of weeks. I saw Reese's interview with Ellen, and also thought it was very good. Reese seems very down to earth and approachable, and more like a genuine, humble person than a Hollywood star. I also thought it was cool that Ellen didn't ask Reese any of the traditional...."So what's it like to kiss Robert Pattinson?" questions we've heard umpteen million times. She kept the focus on Reese, and that's a credit to Ellen and her interview style. ;)

Caryn~ You're right about Rob--he would be the only person to turn the underwear story around in a way to make fun of his body type-- "I must have a really long back"...."extra vertebrae". :lol: I'll watch the Jimmy Kimmel interview tonight if I have time, and I'm looking very forward to the chest flauntage. I'm with you about the movie reviews--I'm irritated when these reviewers take the opportunity to dog his performance in Twilight at the same time they compliment his performance in WFE. It's like you said, they don't even consider the source material, or that the screenwriter for the Twilight saga occasionally smokes something that impairs her writing, or the fact that some aspects of his performance were influenced by theee different directors. :?

Marielle~ Good luck with your upcoming job interview. The pay raise sounds great, and this will be good practice, should you decide this job is not what you want.

Hi Amy, Rachel, Jacklyn, and Dawn, and anyone else I missed.

Wish I had time to finish this post, but I'm headed to my daughter's basketball practice and then Maundy Thursday service at church. I hope to check back in one more time tonight. :)
Banner by TammyAZ
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hi! Quick :wave: before I head up to bed to get a little - little being the operative word here! - sleep before getting up to get ready for the field trip to the Georgia Aquarium tomorrow. The kids were so excited today they were practically useless when it came to doing any school work at all. I dare say most of them will not sleep tonight due to the anticipation. IT'S DOWNRIGHT ADORABLE! :lol: Anyhoo... I have snack baggies and extra food packed, paperwork packed, and all the little things like handi-wipes, paper towels, garbage bags, and extra money ready to go. So, I guess I'd better get myself to bed. 4 am is only about 4 hours away! :shock: I'll check in with you girls tomorrow night once I've got my pj's on and a spritzer in my hand!

AMY~~ I am treating myself for Easter on Sunday afternoon at Bridgestreet with an afternoon viewing of WfE! I don't know all the details yet. If you're not busy with the family and all things Easter, you can meet me there! :D
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Hello ladies. Three posts by me in one day! :o What's up with that?!

I bought my tickets to WFE tonight. I tried to buy them on the Fandango website several times today, but the computer acted all wonky about it, so I drove by the theater after church tonight to buy the tickets. I don't expect the movie to sell out tomorow night, but I just felt better having the tickets in hand. One of my coworkers and I are going to dinner before the movie, and it'll be nice not to rush to the theater.

I can't believe WFE is finally being released! It seems like we've been anticipating this for so long, and I feel like I've been waiting for Santa Claus on Christmas morning. I also feel “very protective” of Rob 8-) , kind of all “Momma Bear” about the success of this movie (like Susie), and especially of Rob's portrayal of a very beloved character. I want so much for this movie, and especially his performance to be well received. I'm nervous for him....almost as if he were one of my children heading off to college or preparing to embark on a new chapter of his life. It sounds kind of silly, I know. ;)

We already know the movie will be fantastic, and that Rob's performance will be amazing. But I guess I keep thinking of the non-Twilight fan who will watch WFE, and I wonder what they'll think of Robs' performance. For instance, my older brother is a voracious reader and also somewhat of a movie buff (although his movie viewings are curtailed these days as he's very busy with their three-year-old son.). My brother loves sharing his favorite books with others, and often selects them specifically as a gift for a particular person. But he can also be a bit of a book snob, I guess, for lack of a better term. He knows I've read the Twilight books and seen the movies, but he would never let me live it down if he knew how much of a fan I truly am. :roll: Both he and his wife actually read WFE a year or so before I did, and I'm sure they'll at least see the movie when it's available on DVD, if not in the theater. I'm so curious about what they (or others like them) will think when they see WFE, and what their thoughts about Rob will be. I love the fact that in some ways, Rob is still our little secret, yet for some reason it matters to me what the general public (and people like my brother) think of Rob and his portrayal of Jacob. It kind of reminds me when I brought my college boyfriend home for the first time (now my husband), and it was so important to me that my family and close friends liked him. ;) Anyway, enough of my rambling..... :shock: It's time for bed.

Missp~ You're so dedicated and organized, and knowing how forgetful 5th graders (and their parents, myself included ;) ) can be.....I just know they'll be at least one student who will need some of that extra money or extra food you've packed. :D Have a wonderful trip and I know the class will love the aquarium. We'll see you on the flip side, when you're resting and recovering at home in PJ's with your white wine spritzer. I hope you and Amy can get together to watch WFE Sunday afternoon.
Banner by TammyAZ
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning ladies…

I don’t think I’m going to do long posts in the evening again…if I do that I don’t have much to reply too in the morning…

Are many of you girls free today? I know it’s bad but is good Friday celebrated with a mass at church? I don’t think I have even been at something like that…

Caryn, gosh did Rob look hot on Kimmel or what…and he finally looked like he actually got some sleep and was really happy…and the chest, GAH!!! I love man with a bit of scruff and chest hair, it got something about it…I could almost imagine running my fingers through it…
The Ellen show isn’t really shown often here, Oprah they repeat over and over again but that isn’t the case with Ellen so I really have to watch out for that show..

Susie, noticing his thighs??? Could you notice them without getting your mind in the gutter??? I can’t…
Hihi, yep I had to actually do something, strange huh? Nah, I don’t mind doing something but if it interferes with my posting……I need Rob crack in the morning…
Yes, the money is very welcome for my travel ambitions. I would love to be able to travel more…

Dawn, I thought Kris looked completely shocked by Rob wanting to kiss her in the car, but her smile tell she is been indulgent with him…

Tracy, Congrats on the 1000 posts…a big mile stone…
And congrats on the WFE tickets.. I have to wait until May before it’s released here, so you girls will have to tell me all about it…

I want to start off the weekend, with this beauty and this

OH CHRIST LOOK AT THAT CHEST!!

Smile!!!!

:wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
lulu
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lulu »

i'm going to try to go back through all these pages this weekend, but i've skimmed here and there and just want to say thank you to you all for your sweet comments. i love the halfway house! :) i wasn't very close to this man from my church that died, but he was always very pleasant and i chatted with his wife a couple of times and she's just always helping everyone, so i mostly just feel really bad for her. it's been 15 months since my mom died, so being a part of all these funeral arrangements and taking care of the family has brought up some of my sadness and sad memories. it was hard seeing him in the hospital a few days before he died. he had that look. i know now that there is a death look. it's sad to say, but you can see that the body is shutting down and ready to go. :( sure enough he didn't make it. sorry if that was too morose to say.

anyway sorry for the dreariness. it's actually been a little bit fun being around these other ladies from my church so much lately. tonight we set up the hall for their family luncheon that will follow the funeral. we washed 75 plates, 75 dessert plates, 80 spoons, 80 knives, and 130 forks. i just lathered up the lotion because my hands were quite dry. i was telling my friend i think my hands will be sore tomorrow. :) the hall looked really nice though with the table clothes and centerpieces and it makes my heart happy to know that the family will be taken care of and will see the beauty around them during this hard time. i remember when people took care of us when my mom died. it made me cry with gratitude to feel so loved and cared for. it was very sweet.

well, i hope to see you all this weekend. i WISH i was watching water for elephants!!! we're going to go on monday. hubs is filming a wedding on saturday and somehow plans were made with 2 other families for tomorrow night. oh well, i do like going to a theater in the middle of the day when no one is there. :)

ok, i'm going to go to bed. tracy--i agree, i feel that way about rob too! i'm always wondering what others think of him that aren't twilighters. i hope they can view him as a normal actor and not have prejudices.

p.s. big news: we're moving. i'm happy about it, but also wish it were under better circumstances (the economy has ruined housing here). the house was bought and flipped by an investor so it's nice inside with new carpet and stuff. it's a one story (we're in a 2 story now and i'm happy for that change!), and it's about 1500 sq ft, so we'll be downsizing by a couple of rooms. i've wanted to simplify for a long time so that is also good. we looked at tons of houses over the last couple weeks and most were really pretty nasty with dirt, mildew and stains. when i walked into this one i just breathed a sigh of relief. it felt peaceful. only thing i really dislike about it is it's on a street called "jacob street". arg. ;) anyway, we might move within a month. we'll see. my brother is actually buying it and we'll rent to own from him. it's the same one with the 8 kids, so now i feel extra good about watching his kids for 5 days so he and his wife can see south america together. :)

anyway, i'm really leaving now. no wait! i saw the shows with rob, and looooved them! he's so funny and clever and just a joy to watch. :) ellens was so funny, and jimmy's was just great. i think it was his that i thought asked good questions. ok, now i'm leaving! goodnight!
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Happy Water For Elephants Day!!!

GAH!! Don't forget. We'll see a little of this and this, too!! So much perfection should be illegal. *sigh*

Uh Oh!!! Looks like I'm duel-posting with Susie!! Let's see who wins! Ready... Set... GO! :lol:

Susie~ I don’t think it’s your imagination. I think he definitely has grown more comfortable with interviews and appearances. He’ll always be his sweet adorkable self. But, I think in a way, he’s just kind of accepted that the more goofy he is, the more we love him for it. It’s kind of like he said coming out and sitting with JK. “What an ego boost!” He could care less about his ego. But those are kind of safe zones in a way in that everyone there is going to love anything he says. It frees him to be more him, I think. One of my very good friends was in the audience and she said he was amazing; happy and laughing, very open and just in the moment. She was literally in awe. My first WfE viewing will be at our local arts theater at 1 pm today. I have an 11 am phone conference, so that’s the earliest I could make. It’s killing me that I can’t make the 10:30 show. Hmmmm, I don’t know why it would surprise you that I blow up Peeps in the microwave. :lol: To clarify, I don’t actually let them explode. It’s just kind of cool to watch them expand exponentially. I’m a geek like that. :D

JennJenn~ Thanks. I’m a people watcher. I honestly believe that you can learn more about watching people’s behavior than by listening to what they say. There are always little give aways, instinctual reactions, that will tell you more than a multi-hour conversation ever will. Rob & Kristen are the perfect example. They do not like talking about their relationship (a fact that I respect immensely, even if it frustrates me) and won’t even confirm or deny. But, their behavior together at say, the MTV Movie Awards in 2010… volumes spoken. Look no further than Kristen’s reaction when Rob surprised her with a kiss on stage. Normal reaction, particularly for a woman, at surprise contact with another person is to defend yourself, at least to put up the hands on the largest part of the other person to gain distance. Where did Kristen’s hands go the instant Rob touched her? To the back of his neck, inviting and encouraging the kiss. There wasn’t even a transition, ie she went from defensive because it was unexpected to welcoming because she realized it was Rob. Nope, the welcome and the encouragement were instantaneous. The level of intimacy that that shows between two people is amazing. Yeah, I realize I’m a total creeper. But, I do it with everyone, so I don’t feel bad.

Dawn~ I guess that makes total sense. I guess I’ve just gotten to the point with my Twi/Robsession that I don’t really give two shakes what anyone else says. I have had a comment or two posted when I was gushing about Rob or Twilight. But, I guess the people who I know and love know me well enough to know that I will definitely answer back. The only person I truly care about being okay with my Twi/Robsession is Hubs and he fully and totally supports and enables me. I’ll do a search as soon as I get a chance.

Tracy~ YAY!!!! I saw the other day that you were getting very close to Catching Sight of Edward. What a glorious status to have. I totally agree. Rob’s appearances on Ellen, even back to his very first, are always just great. She has that way about her that really puts people at ease. Even when she’s asking those questions, she does it in such a silly and nonthreatening way that everyone knows she will never push for answers or be weird about it. And, she’s just so much downright fun that you can’t help but be comfortable. I’m still looking for a screencap of my two favorite moments from the show; when she tried to hand Rob the mic to sing and he got all embarrassed and folded over and when he was hugging his undies gift basket. :lol: So freaking cute!! Make sure you also check out the backstage pics from JK. The chest flauntage was in full effect and just… GAH!! :swoon: Awww, you and I are complete twins in this moment! I’m completely right there with you about the outside perception of Rob and his portrayal. I have been doing everything I can to talk up WfE to people I know. Everyone, of course, knows how nuts I am about Twilight and about Rob, so my concern has been that they don’t think I’m … what’s the right term… RobBlind? I don’t want them to think that my devotion to Rob blinds me to his faults or a poor performance. So, sadly I am talking up everything but Rob. I keep talking about Reese and Christoph, Rosie, Francis Lawrence, the visuals, the adaptation. Of course I say that Rob’s performance has been hailed as amazing by everyone from Reese to (now) Roger Ebert. But, I really want people to go in without that perception of Rob as “the guy from Twilight”. We all already know how amazing he is. But, I need everyone else to know too.

Tonise~ Have a wonderful time with the kiddoes today! The aquarium sounds so cool and of course you are the all around bestest and most prepared teacher with your snacks and supplies.

Marielle~ Mmmm, I know just what you mean. He managed to look…. I don’t know the word, but it was like the perfect balance. He was killer in that suit and wore it beautifully, but he still managed to look relaxed and kind of… not rumpled or scruffy, but comfortable, relaxed. And, ummm, yeah, the yummy fuzzy chest… I love that on a man. The Ellen vids are on Robsessed if you haven’t seen it, but I know that different countries can and can’t access some content. I never know what those rules are. Growing up going to a Catholic school, yes, Good Friday is considered a high holy day and you are supposed to go to mass. But, as I’ve been a relapsed Catholic (yes, that’s my term for me) for a good long while, it’s been a long time since I’ve gone.

Lulu~ I can completely understand that you felt a little overwhelmed and reminded of your experience with your mom. It was so wonderful of you to help so much with what they needed. YAY for moving and I laughed out loud about moving to Jacob St! You can just privately refer to it as JacobJankowski St to dispel any unpleasant associations. :lol:

Okay, sisters. Gots to run. Need to make sure I’m totally prepared to leave on time for my MOVIE!!!

Laters!
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

OH MY GODS, SISTERS!!!! Just returned from the first viewing of Water for Elephants and Holy Hell!!!! I could not hold it in. I had to run back here and post my review. I'll put it in invisible font so that I don't spoil anyone but... seriously, I'm so bursting with pride in this moment that I can barely contain myself. I walked out of that theater on cloud 9, laughing and grinning so goofily that the other patrons must have thought I'd lost my mind, likely because I still had tears in my eyes and on my cheeks. Oh Sisters, it is, indeed, a wonderful, glorious, amazing day!!!

My Thoughts:

I am struggling to even find the words to express what I feel right now. First, the theater in which I saw WfE is an arts theater, normally featuring limited release and much more indie films. This film's crossover appeal is huge. Even at 1pm on a Friday, the theater was more than half full, and with a very diverse audience.

Visually, the film is stunning. It is sweeping and very rich, yet at the same time manages to be very intimate. James Newton Howard's score blew me away. I love those moments when the visual accents (men sledgehammering the stakes) are in perfect sync with the musical accents. The score fit every emotion and every scene perfectly. The costumes were impeccable and the sets were just transcendent. You really did feel like you were looking through a hole in the side of a tent into a 1930's circus.

Performance-wise, I was utterly floored by Christoph Waltz as August and Hal Holbrook as "old" Jacob. Both were riveting. Reese Witherspoon as Marlena was, imo, perfect. She managed to look both young and naive and yet wisened beyond her years. And her presence during the animal acts is amazing. Tai, of course, stole the show. She is both so funny and heartbreaking at the same time. It's so easy to see why Rob fell in love with her.

Rob... I can barely find words that truly equate what his performance was. First and foremost, I am bursting with pride, so amazed at what he did in the film. I could not agree with Francis Lawrence more when he says that there is such a purity in Rob's performance that it is so beautiful. Yet, it is Jacob's inner strength that he brings to the screen so amazingly. The scene during which Jacob returns for Marlena and to confront August... Oh My Gods... you just see that battle, everything in his head and heart, all that rage and anger that makes him capable of killing him, that makes him want to kill the man who hurt Rosie and hurt Marlena, that hurt all of his new family and then it is slowly replaced by the one reason why he CAN'T kill him, that compassion and love and purity that he has that makes him Jacob. Oh my gods, that scene literally ripped me in two.

But, I have to also say, Francis Lawrence is a genius. The final scene... I was just wide-eyed and grinning and crying at the same time. I can say he did not use the one shot that I so desperately wanted to see, Jacob introducing baby Walter to Rosie... but, Lawrence is truly a genius for that final scene. It was perfect.

END REVIEW

I will say this for all of you, though. A warning for the faint of heart (where Rob is concerned), they kind of hit you with this bit of UNF right out of the blue and I swear to gods my brain stopped processing for just a moment and I think I might have even moaned out loud a little. But, I definitely was not the only one. :twisted:

Also, this image takes on a whole new meaning. Holy gods, it had me grabbing the arms of my chair! :o

Ummm, just a little note: please please please be prepared to take a mental picture just after the scene with the coochie girls. Believe me, you'll know when it's coming and ... ummm... let's just say, that is an image you want burned into your brain forever :rotfl: I honestly cannot WAIT to be able to get a screencap of it!! :rotfl:

And, finally, I know that there were a lot of people who were squeamish about the scenes between Rosie and August. While the producers do not pull any punches, to use the phrase, those scenes are done in a way that, while it doesn't lessen the impact, you do not feel the need to look away or hide.

It is truly an amazing film.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Caryn. I love you review. You must be an emotional wreck now. I can't wait to see it all. Just a week or so

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hi Ladies!

Water for Elephants viewing today at 11:40 with my Target TwiSister!!

I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!

I echo what Caryn said in her review. I actually can't put it better! Except to add few additional notes:

Non-Spoilers:

THIS FILM HAS MAINSTREAM APPEAL. WE'RE GOING TO HAVE TO SHARE ROB WITH THE WORLD NOW.
ROB IS IN NEARLY EVERY SCENE!
SCREENPLAY - It was really well done. Why couldn't we get that screen writer instead of you know who!

SPOILER:

I was in tears during the first scene, the one with Hal Holbrooke. Tracy - I thought of you because you had mentioned how you especially loved the old Jacob character - he reminded you of some of your patients. He is such an extraordinary actor - wow. He knocked it out of the park in the first few minutes. I don't cry that easily, so it's really saying something. It was when he was handed the picture of Marlena on Rosie and it took him by surprise and tears welled up in his eyes - such subtlety!

Christoph and Rob great subtle tension. Agree with all tha Caryn said.....

Your posts -

Caryn
- When you saw me lurking earlier, I didn't have time to make a post! Loved what you said in your response to me. I don't have much more to say right now that you haven't already said!! Except that I'll understand why you are too distracted right now to look at what I sent you. Don't worry - enjoy your weekend. But Monday, perhaps?

Lulu - Wow - I didn't know you'd make a decision on moving so quickly!! I'm happy for you!

Marielle - Actually I just like looking at his muscular thighs... I'm sorry you have to wait to see WfE!!

Tracy
- :clap: Congrats on your "Caught Sight of Edward" rank! Yeah for getting your tickets ahead of time. I know what you mean about reviews - our newspaper reviewer said Rob was better looking in this film - healthy looking and tan. Well, I'd have to agree with that. Then the only other thing he said that I objected to was that Rob got better as the film went on -first of all - they don't film in order!!! 2nd of all I just saw the movie and I don't know what he is talking about. Perhaps it is because Rob is playing the character correctly - the character is at first awkward when joining the circus - he doesn't really know what's going on and then he gets to know everyone and learns the routine/rules and looks more confident and then when a couple of things happen in the storyline, he stands up for what he believes - kindness to animals and damsels in distress.YOUR KIDS STILL BELIEVE IN THE EASTER BUNNY???

Tonise - I hope your big field trip went well!

Dawn - Yes. That was definitely a kiss!

JennJenn - I'll pray for no more tornadoes!

Well, time to pay attention to my family!

I'll check in later for more reports....

BYE BYE!

EDIT: MORE COMMENTS ON THE MOVIE IN INVISIBLE FONT -

Since I'm a bit of a "lady" as you all know, I was very pleased to see how "classy" this movie was. There was great effort not to go too far with showing violence or sex - it is mostly out of our view or implied.(as Caryn said regarding the mistreatment of Rosie) I know you may be disappointed much of Robkowski having sex.... but I really liked it better this way. (Besides, I want to save all that for BD.) So many movies use gratuitous sex and violence and it really bugs me because it often means they are compensating for lack of a good story and good acting. This film could actually be rated PG, I think. Did you notice the lack of swearing??? I loved that.

Regarding Old Jacob - I really liked how that was written - bypassing the nursing home. The ending was more believable this way for some reason. What do you think? In the book, I thought it was sweet, but a little cheesy. Oh - I loved how the first born was named Walter and that he was the one who forgot to take him to the circus. But he was 71 after all and losing his marbles!!!

That's all for now - until I think of something else! :D