Teen Thread -- Ages 13-19 (Tweens are welcome!)

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
aussie-twigirl
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Teen Thread -- Ages 13-19 (Tweens are welcome!)

Post by aussie-twigirl »

TSB- haha =) i don't mind. I love the long posts!
Don't worry, you'll get more independent. I don't think I was very independent when I started uni, and I've think I grown more independent since then. Hopefully once I move away for uni next year, I'll be even more independent =)
Yeah, that's true. The uni I'm at now, has none of my school friends and it's still in the same city as we went to school... and you'll make friends either way... remember everyone's in the same boat.
Okay. Yeah, most of my (and other people's I know) first year was pretty much covering all the basics.
Yeah, well there's still a lot of people that don't go to uni or anything and just try to get jobs straight after school.. but at least everyone has the opportunity to go... as long as they do well in senior year. But uni isn't for everyone after all.
Cool.. moving away can be a good thing! Even though it's scary and unknown, it'll be the best thing you do. At least I keep telling myself that for when I have to do that next year :S
Yeah, at lot of the rural people I know at uni, live 2 hours from their family, and they go back home on the weekends and in the holidays.
I wasn't either... and even though I'm still living at home, my parents don't make any of the decisions about me. I have to do that. And with my money too. It's scary being all grown up and adult, but its good too, and it's a gradual transition to adulthood. You'll be fine!!
Aww, I'm sure everything will go to plan... just remember to enjoy every moment of the night!
Ooooh, that sounds pretty!!! As long as you think it's pretty, that's the main thing! I know what you mean, I think I was the same.
thanks, but it's okay. The people I was closest too are still there. Most of the people i've just lost touch with... they were from school and stuff. But that happens. Once you leave high school, you kinda find out who your real friends are, you know. Not many of my friends from school went to uni, so they had a totally different life to mine, you know. And yeah, it's good to grow closer to people. I like having a few close friends, rather than lots of friends, you know? I'm happy you're having fun outside of school too! I know my senior year was sooooo crazy, so it's good you're having fun. That's one of the things I regret not doing enough of in senior year especially, cause I was so focused on school work.
You're welcome =D Aw, I'm glad. That's usually what happens!
It's such an amazing time of your life. =) Yeah, it's a very emotional time.. but it's the best time of your life too!
Time does go soooo quick! The other day I realised that I'm almost halfway through my bachelor!! Soo crazy to think that it'll be finished.. and I could *hopefully* be in Medicine school!!! Ahhhh...
Yeah, that's a good way of thinking!! I'm still working on my stress and anxiety haha! Maybe one day I'll stop worrying!?!?
Yep they do!! There's actually a lot to do... i have soooooooooo many lecture notes to write this break gahhhhhhh!
Yeah, well today I went out shopping and to lunch with my Mum.... first time we've done something like that in ages. It was good =) but I've got to hit the books tomorrow now =(
Aww, yeah I know. But uni is just so full on and crazy...that it's hard to find time to just stop. I'm focusing more on destressing this break, rather than stopping and relaxing...
You'll get used to them eventually too! I think it's just cause I've done so many... like every 6 months since I was 15/16 that I'm used to them. They're still scary though!!
Oh really you have to write an essay?? What's yours about??? All mine was based on was my senior year final results.. and then the three top people in your bachelor are awarded it. And then to keep them I had to keep my gpa above a certain level... which I did (just!)
Yeah it is... and scary too! A lot of the classes are just building on last year... but we're learning more about certain diseases and treatments and how they affect the body.. i mean, not quite as much as those doing medicine yet.. but it's still very cool. And we're working in labs and stuff more (my bachelor is more about medical research and science... but it's also a first step to medicine)
Kinda, like I said it's more on a lab sort of level... but it's still better than last year, cause we only really did the basic classes and what-not (like biology, chemistry, health and maths) but now I'm doing physiology, biochemistry, microbiology and human nutrition.
You get used to it.. and I have a few breaks and stuff in the middle.. a lot of time is spent in the library too!
Haha, yeah. And just an extra day in my town/at home... cause I like 40mins-1 hour away from the city, so it's a big amount of travel and bus rides to get to uni.
you'll get time to read/watch them!! It's not like they're going anywhere...
Yeah, exactly!! It didn't really go beyond my expectations and leave me speechless!
Yes, yes, yes!! You should definitely catch up!! I'm loving this grey's season!!
Haha, yeah. Really your longest test was 3 hours?? All of my uni exams are about 3 & 1/2 hours and if we have tests they're about 1 hour. So even though it was a long test it wasn't too bad. Most people actually run out of time doing it.. at least I did. And you have an hour lunch break in the middle. Yeah, I'm not too worried about the results cause I only did it as a practice, and it doesn't mean anything!
Aww, thanks =) you're so sweet! haha
Yeah, it isn't hard to write an epic post! =P
Believe me you can take it... when it rains in my city, it's heavy rain!! It's good for the gardens, but not for my hair and clothes haha! And it's cold!!!!!
That doesn't sound good about the fires!! =(

Phoebe- Aww, blood tests are never any fun... hope everything went okay! *Hugs*

Shai- I'm glad =) Yeah, i know. But there was a new ep last week!?

Hello to everyone else!! :mrgreen:

~ Paige Xxx
TY KYM!! =)
Paige I'm on the ListV2!
Edward|Emmett|Quil|Carlisle|Alice
SHIEGE and PIEGE = TWINS *~* KYM IS MY TSB
My Blog - Kaleidoscopic Dreams
nightrunner
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by nightrunner »

^^thats one long post! i remember when everyone wrote that much at once...

omg tvd was amazing last night! I was good and waited till it got shown in the uk rather than watching it online

kym~ i get to apply for my uni accom on monday as thats when it officially opens up :) hope i get what im wanting since its first come first served :/
ImageImage
Alexa | Im on The List : Lexus | banner from narnia
Mafia Valentina Ricci
Team Esme | Bri and The Brits
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent
Location: Trying To Decide Between Edward, Stefan, & Dimitri <3!

Post by 21Twilight21 »

Sorry this is another quick post :(! I have homework to do so I don't have time to reply!

On another note the speech went well today :) so my late night work pulled off :lol:!

I'll hopefully reply to posts tomorrow before TVD :D!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

Edit: Hey everyone :wave:!! It's Friday night and I'm sorry to say that I still haven't had time to reply to posts! These past few days have been soo busy for me! Tomorrow is prom and I'm so excited!! I'm glad it's finally here lol! More of my friends decided to go to prom so the night should be even better! I still have so much to do so I better get going, but I just wanted to let all of you know what a big and exciting day I will be having tomorrow :)! I promise to take lots of pictures and upload them to FB as soon as possible! :D

Oh yeah TSB I've seen your message on FB about TVD, but I want to make a very detailed post about it and I haven't had enough real time to write it lol! I promise we will talk about it soon ;)!
Thanks Chrissy for my banner:
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
^Fee-B is my dependable buddy^
PhoebeJ
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by PhoebeJ »

Just a quick update and I will reply properly tomorrow or Tuesday I promise!

I got his number :D :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: So happy! Hahahaha!

But my Dad got a girlfriend. And she's like a family friend, and I really like her, but at the moment I can't help but hate her for screwing everything up. And my dad, and this woman, work at the same place as me and I was crying at work this morning and my boss, who loves my dad, was there and now I'm worried he'll tell my Dad and then my Dad will tell my Mum, she doesn't need anything else to worry about at the moment...

Ahh now I'm all stressed out again. Ok I'm gonna go take a bath and then eat chocolate and read Twilight.

Love you guys!

*hugs*
Team Jasper Team Damon I'm on the ListV2
Love you all so much!
My Blog
willowtree
Eating Spaghetti with Billy
Location: Kicking butt with her awesome Ninjasissyvildypuceowner!

Post by willowtree »

MY HAND'S SO COOOOOOOOOOOOLD

~ Hanny 'The Pet' Nod ~

:D

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent

Post by 21Twilight21 »

Yay I can finally post again!! Well I should be studying for a test, but I'm going to post anyways ;]!
So I've decided to try to lay off of the lol and haha because when I read over my posts I notice that it gets really annoying :lol:! I say it so often so I need to learn to post sentences without it!

TSB~ That's good that you love the long posts because so do I :clap:!
I'm hoping that once I go off on my own to uni that I'll get more independent! I'm thinking that once I see how it is to support myself that I'll enjoy everything more! So when is your next uni year supposed to start? That's probably weird to ask since your still working on the current year lol, but our schedules seem so different!
Wow that's crazy that all of you are in the same city, but not the same uni! Yeah that's true I never thought about that! I guess everyone is going to go through it at some point too so everyone should understand how it is!
Yeah it should probably be easier to get the basics over with at a less expensive place first! I'm planning on spending the first year or two there, then maybe transferring once the real Nursing program stuff starts!
That's still nice that they are given the opportunity to go to uni :)! That is true that it's not for everyone so I can understand why some people would try to get a job first!
Lol I think it will be good for both of us to tell ourselves that moving away will be good for us! Maybe if we prepare ourselves early enough, we'll be more likely to survive away from home :lol:!
That's nice! It will be a bit easier being closer to home just incase I need to see my family or if I need something from them! Are you moving far away from home??
Aww I love that you can help me so much since you've either experienced the stuff I'm about to go through or you just understand whatever I mean :D! I bet it's nice to have your family around, but yet you can make your decisions! It makes the transition easier! I'll try to make changes slowly so I don't get overwhelmed! Thanks :)!
Prom was AMAZING!! I had soo much fun! I've said that soo many times already lol, but it's true! Well I was kinda right about plans not happening the way they were supposed to! Okay well I got my hair and make-up done by my cousin around 12 o'clock so that way I would have enough time to get ready and that turned out great! She brought me chocolate covered strawberries and non-alcoholic champagne so that was soo fun! One of my aunt's wanted to pay for me to get my nails done! I thought it was so sweet of her to pay for that =]! The plans started messing up when it came to the dinner, I told all of my friends to meet at my house by 4:30 so we would be at the restaurant by 5:45, but we ended up waiting for two of them until 5:35! The restaurant is in another town about 15 minutes away so we didn't get the the restaurant until after 6! All the tables were full so we had to wait like 25 minutes to get seated! It didn't turn out too bad though because we did get a table and we were able to eat and get back to my town in time for the dance! I laughed so much throughout the night! We danced and sang songs the whole time! I'm usually not much of a dancer, but since it was my last Prom I decided to let loose :P! The place were Prom was being held was nicely decorated and everyone looked beautiful! I loved it!
Thank you! I loved my dress and my shoes too lol!
Yeah I'm curious to see who will really stick by me after graduation! It's times like that when you find out who truly cares! Yes I completely understand all of that! I would rather have a few close friends rather than lots of friends too! Whenever you have lots of friends that aren't very close to you, it's hard to have trust! I think I'm learning how to handle my senior year from all of you guys and the advice you all have ;]! I've always been so focused on my schoolwork too so I think it's time for me to enjoy my last year!
I'm looking forward to graduation, but yet sometimes I can't believe it's almost here! It feels like just yesterday I was starting middle school and trying to get used to having many different classes haha!
Wow it's crazy when you put it like that!! Yes you'll get to medical school =]! You're a hardworker and you deserve to fufill your dreams =D!
Lol well whenever one of us figures out the secret to stopping worrying we will have to let each other know what it is, okay?
Well I hope those lecture notes don't take up too much of your time!
Aww that sounds like fun! I'm glad you too got to spend time together! It always seems like after you do something fun the next day it's all about work, am I right or does that just happen to me?? =P
Don't let the craziness of uni break you down though because that would be a really bad thing! It would cause so much more problems if it overwhelms you!
I sure hope so! Yeah I can understand how they can be scary!
Yep essays are included =(! I used to be soo good at writing essays, but now that they are such a huge part of my Senior year I think it's more challenging for me to write them! I feel like I'm always repeating the same thing over and over! The essays depend on what topics they give you to write about, like one of mine was about someone who inspires me so I wrote about my grandmother! Congrats!! That sounds so impressive that you have achieved that!
That's great that you are getting one step closer to the medical part =)! I enjoy more hands on stuff and things that be combined to teach you something else! As long as you're enjoying what you're doing that's all that matters!
I love breaks lol! I just recently found out that on Thursday I only have to go to school for half-a-day then I'm off Friday through Monday =)!
Ooh ok so is that why you'll be moving away from home next year? Because of the traveling distance to uni??
Yep that is true!
Hopefully once the season starts again they'll start right up with the action! I love when they have me guessing!
I hope to catch up on Grey's soon... very soon lol!
Yeah I thought the three hour test was long, but now I know not to complain! Wow I'm feeling very spoiled right now lol! Our exams for the high school level are less than 45 minutes, but my college classes are around an hour long! You have earned more of my respect with your awesome test taking skills :lol:! That is true, but hopefully doing well on it will give you the confidence to know that you can do great!
When we post the epicness of our thoughts just comes right out =P!
Haha that's the downside to rain! I hate whenever I'm freezing and I have to re-do my hair because of the rain! I'm still hoping for some rain around here, but it doesn't look like we'll get any anytime soon!
Nope these fires have been causing lots of problems!

Alexa~ TVD was amazing! I bet it was more exciting to wait for it to come out instead of seeing it online huh?
Yay that's exciting! I hope you get what you want :]!

Fee-B~ YAY!! I'm soo glad you finally got his number!! You must tell me everything!! How did you get it?? Did you ask him for it? If so how did it happen?? Lol I'm so excited for you =D!!
Ouch that doesn't sound good at all! It's never a good idea for family friends to get involved like that! I'm so sorry, I know that has to be very confusing and difficult!
Yes those three things seem to help me relax so hopefully it helped you too lol!
*Hugs*
How did the blood test go??

Hanni~ Lol why are your hands cold??

Omg it was so hard to write sentences without lol's and haha's! I had to post some every now and then!
Well that is all for now since I really need to go study for my test and work on some more scholarship applications!
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
PhoebeJ
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by PhoebeJ »

Hey!

I've been having such an amazing week!
But got some bad news yesterday, my Dad didn't get the promotion he thought he was going to get, so we have no money and we're probably going to get chucked out of our house...and then just now my best friend texted me to say she thinks she has appendicitis. She's staying the night at the hospital because they're not really sure what it is. I'm really worried about her...but I'm sure she's be fine.

Hanni - Why are your hands cold???

Kym - I know I know me too!!! Ahhh!
He gave it to me. Ok it was a bit of a weird moment, but I was crying because of everything that's going on at home, and he came over and hugged me and said that if I ever wanted to talk about it he was there, and then he wrote his number down for me and I was like 'Awww!' It was so cute! And! Even better news! Once I got home from work, cos he finishes before me, I texted him and then we were talking about everything and he said the cutest thing! Hang on I'll copy the text up, 'Well if you can hold out until I get paid then I'll take you out one night to cheer you up :) x' How cute is that??? And (hopefully) we get paid tomorrow! So yay!!!!
Yeah I know. It's so not fair. I don't even know what to think any more.
They did help! lol!
Oh it was fine :) And I got the results back and I'm all good so nothing to worry about :)

*hugs*
Team Jasper Team Damon I'm on the ListV2
Love you all so much!
My Blog
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent

Post by 21Twilight21 »

Hey sorry I haven't posted, but I've been busy with school and family stuff! I can't post much right now, but I just wanted to say hello :)!

For now I'll say... YAY Fee-B!!! That's great :D! I'll post more about my excitement for you when I have more time :D!

*Hugs*

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
i am bella
Often Mistaken for a Bear
Location: wherever it's raining .::. #9 .::. woiloping with sarah

Post by i am bella »

Just got back from vacation a few hours ago!!! I had sooo much funnn!!!! But I'm sure you can tell that by the hundreds of pictures I'm uploading. :P

@Kim: And the busy only continues. Easter at my cousins' tomorrow, work 4-9 Monday and Tuesday, doctor's appointment and dinner at our country club Wednesday, work 5-9 Thursday, and leaving for state convention Friday. So I'm missing school Friday and Monday, which is only gonna make things worse. :lol:
The concert was great!! The pit was a bit intense, got stepped on and elbowed quite a few times, but it was fun!!
Yeah, friends is all we can be. He's too much like a little kid at times and then a totally rude person at other times. I can't handle that.
The manager just needed to be honest and more upfront about it. I'm just a little angry that he had to go about things so shadily.
Fun will come with time. :lol:

@Shai: Heyheyy! When did you say you were coming back to Boston again??

~*Chrome*~
ImageImage
~sam~piercing/tattoo expert~sarah=twinny~im on the listv2!~
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

Hey guys! I'm hoping to post regularly again - I always say that, but this time I mean it. :D
How's everyone been? I couldn't find the last time I posted, so I can't see if anyone responded or not, since that was months ago. :o Yikes, I miss this place! Life's been hectic, but things are getting better. How's everybody doing? GAH I miss Lexing!
- Hugs -
:D
Love you guys!
Derek
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl