Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Breaking Dawn Movie, Take 1

Post by corona »

I know, its weird about Bella and this dress, isn't it???

For any other movie, then OF COURSE you would show her in the wedding gown, it's right at the beginning of the movie, so its not like you are giving away the ending, and you want everyone to know what the movie is all about. It shouldn't be any big deal, a total no-brainer for the movie trailer.

Except for Breaking Dawn, it's a very big deal.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

There are only two possibilities I see of us seeing anything about the dress if it's in the trailer. One is that they do a close up of Edward and Bella while in front of the minister or they show a overhead shot of the wedding and you really can't see much of the details. I'm kinda hoping that the dress kinda looks like what Kate wore at the Royal Wedding.
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by funkidiva »

I hope so too about the style of the wedding dress Rececca. What Kate wore was so simple, elegant and perfect for a classical look, and Bella goes for an old fashioned dress so there may well be similarities. Lets see if the trailer is released at MTV time...
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" "...What shoes had Alice put me in? Stilettos? She'd lost her mind..."
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

I've been away from the forums nearly 2 weeks (had to catch up on work I had been neglecting) and I knew I'd be missing stuff. We're expecting a trailer soon? OMG! My heart is in my throat - I want to cry and jump up and down at the same time. I'm recording the MTV Awards!

There's no way they're showing us much of the dress, they've put too much effort into secrecy. I'll bet they're totally looking forward to the reaction at the premiere anyway.

But they could show us Alice and Bella getting ready, and Renee dressed for the wedding. Maybe the conflict at the reception between Edward and Jacob. Some of the honeymoon shots that we've already seen. Maybe more?

I don't really care what they show (well, almost). I'M SO EXCITED!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

First real footage from BD1!!!!

I'm so excited! It looks soooooo beautiful. And they showed just enough of the wedding to tease us but not ruin the scene when we finally get to see the movie.
There's the overview of the wedding ceremony. I totally spotted Wyck and Stephenie. Didn't recognize Melissa and Bill though. (But honestly, that's Bill Condon? I don't see it.) Btw, is it a coincidence that they are sitting on the left which is the side of Bella's wedding guests? Because I think that is fitting for some reason that I haven't figured out yet. And there is Seth! I just love that he's at the wedding.
Then there is Bella squeezing Charlie's arm (I think it's Charlie) like she's saying "Don't let me fall." A beautiful shot of the engagement/wedding ring. Then the hairpin given to her by Renee, which is really pretty.
And then the shot I was hoping to see: Edward at the altar watching his Bella walk down the aisle. *sigh* :swoon: With Carlisle, Esmee, Carmen and Eleazar. And again Bill Condon (???), who coincidentally looks a lot like how I imagined Mr. Weber.

(I just hope this doesn't mean that we get to see the whole wedding scene at the MTV MA. That's what is in the back of my mind when they say "You're invited...Sunday, June 5" and show this scene. But they wouldn't do that right? Tell me they wouldn't do that. I don't think I will survive that. This was exactly the right amount of footage, but the rest of the wedding I don't want to see yet.)

And Kristen, Robert and Taylor are confirmed to attend and present the trailer! I can't wait!
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by funkidiva »

Grr...if outside of US we cannot watch it!
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" "...What shoes had Alice put me in? Stilettos? She'd lost her mind..."
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

Well, I'm in the Netherlands and I can see it... But there is a youtube version here. Maybe you can view that?
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Suzan, thanks for the link.....

My thoughts on the trailer...
Edward looked amazing.... Alice went way overboard!!!!!! but it looked like my dream wedding with all the flowers and the whole setting!!!!
An other thought, it isn't in the Cullen's large open living room but in a garden or forrest....and I love it....

I don't see what SM, MR and Bill, should be doing in the movie... MR lost her bonus points long long long ago... Bill being Mr. Weber... well I can live with that... SM, I guessed as much that she would be in it with the wedding scene but who is she going to play... Bella wanted a small wedding and in the book there are only a few guests and Bella knows them all (even if the Denali clan still had to introduce them)...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
pyrosis
Learning to Love Green

Post by pyrosis »

Wyck and Stephenie could be Charlies deputy and his wife, but I have no idea what role Melissa could play.
I am not sure if I like the three of them in the movie (will we see them at the reception, too?)
Maybe it was one of the last scenes they shot all together, so it was like a last family get reunion...
And in a way the three of them made it possible that Bella and Edward could marry on screen (SM wrote the books and produced, MR wrote the script and Wyck produced)
On the other hand they are not part of the original book version of wedding guests and it feels ab bit like they are intruders ( don't know if that is the right word, but it's the best i knew)
You know, Edward, as a brother you are sometimes a dissappointment

Oh, never mind! my less noble side exulted

Then the jokes about the world's only clumsy vampire would start

'Bout time someone scored around here
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

marielle wrote:Suzan, thanks for the link.....

My thoughts on the trailer...
Edward looked amazing.... Alice went way overboard!!!!!! but it looked like my dream wedding with all the flowers and the whole setting!!!!
An other thought, it isn't in the Cullen's large open living room but in a garden or forrest....and I love it....

I don't see what SM, MR and Bill, should be doing in the movie... MR lost her bonus points long long long ago... Bill being Mr. Weber... well I can live with that... SM, I guessed as much that she would be in it with the wedding scene but who is she going to play... Bella wanted a small wedding and in the book there are only a few guests and Bella knows them all (even if the Denali clan still had to introduce them)...
As is often said on Top Gear, "Still, it could be worse..."

In this case, lets say that Jeremy Clarkson directed the wedding--armed thugs would interrpt the proceedings, there'd be explosions, the Cullens would have to take the thugs out, and someone would shoot the wedding cake, which would explode because Clarkson would have it packed with Tannerite, which is an explosive that will only go off if shot at, which is why it's used for film stunts, explosive effects on shooting ranges, and even avalanche prevention/clearing.

Basically if Jeremy had his way, it would be Breaking Dawn meets Modern Warfare Black Ops meets FPS Russia's You Tube videos. Just be glad that BD is in Bill's hands, not JC's.

And what I've seen is still better than what I remember from the book. But no looks at how Kristen will look in Bella's dress, or Bella's dress itself.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/