-Jess
"oops"
-Edward Cullen

awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen

Post by awesomejen1 »

S_M_G wrote:
I think some of the people that were suggested instead of Robert were too "pretty". There is a huge difference between pretty and beautiful for a man. Robert has very angular features and looks like a "man" instead of a "boy". That's what makes him the perfect Edward for me. If I was a teenager I guess I might have imagined Edward as a "Jesse McCartney" type but now, I don't like "pretty boys". I hope I'm making sense ;)
Perfect sense because thats what I think! Rob looks more like a man, which is what I pictured him as...even though he is 17, he should look lmore like an adult. We, at least to me because I am an adult, and I can't be lusting after a 17 year old...that is creepy!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

awesomejen1 wrote:
S_M_G wrote:
I think some of the people that were suggested instead of Robert were too "pretty". There is a huge difference between pretty and beautiful for a man. Robert has very angular features and looks like a "man" instead of a "boy". That's what makes him the perfect Edward for me. If I was a teenager I guess I might have imagined Edward as a "Jesse McCartney" type but now, I don't like "pretty boys". I hope I'm making sense ;)
Perfect sense because thats what I think! Rob looks more like a man, which is what I pictured him as...even though he is 17, he should look lmore like an adult.
THANK YOU! i've been looking for the perfect explanation for Rob's physical appearance and why he fits into Edward other than his defined facial charactertistics. It's true though- Edward is supposed to look like a MAN and not a boy which is something alot of girls tend to overlook, especially those who don't like Rob as Edward. I think he's perfect for Edward; he has those defined facial features (such as his jawbone...*drool) and he LOOKS like a MAN, not some pretty boy. In other words, i'm so happy they didn't pick some sappy boy/child-looking actor to be Edward :D

GO ROB!!!!
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

i LOVE the last 2 posts!! that is exactly how i feel!!
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
(E.C.Is.Mine)
Wandering Through Town

Post by (E.C.Is.Mine) »

I think Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen is such an excellent choice.. and the weird thing is i imagined him from reading twilight to look like that.. before i knew there was even a movie coming out. Robert Pattinson is going to be a great Edward Cullen in my opinion, but some of my friends think that Jackson Rathbone would be better (NO!!) so im really glad they chose Rpattz. :D
Suffering from bad cases of OCD and OBD.

Check out my fanfics. http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1699752/omf ... s-my-lover
S_M_G
Learning to Love Green

Post by S_M_G »

(E.C.Is.Mine) wrote:I think Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen is such an excellent choice.. and the weird thing is i imagined him from reading twilight to look like that.. before i knew there was even a movie coming out. Robert Pattinson is going to be a great Edward Cullen in my opinion, but some of my friends think that Jackson Rathbone would be better (NO!!) so im really glad they chose Rpattz. :D
Oh no, Jackson is too pretty and not sexy enough ;)

"You give faith to the ones you love,but the people who really deserve it are the ones who come through even when you don't love them enough".”
JackyO
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by JackyO »

Yeah, I ADORE Jackson Rathbone, but he's just not Edward material. He's so much better as Jasper.
S_M_G wrote: SO, when I found out that there were Twilight sequels- I almost peed. When I found out there was a Twilight movie- I almost had an aneurysm. When I found out Rob was playing Edward- I thought I was being punk'd, then I died.

Hehe, this made me laugh. Probably because I did the same thing. Oh, and I totally agree with S_M_G about Rpatz. Edward shouldn't look like a 17 year old boy. I've SEEN 17 year old boys, and Edward just isn't like that. He really should be more of a man than a boy. (also, I have this weird fetish with jawbones, and rpatz just enhances said fetish :twisted: :twisted:
Domo-kun loves you

Could the winter calm come twice?
Because your heart seems so cold tonight...
Twilight_Perfection
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Twilight_Perfection »

At first I was just like well okay... because the only reference I had of him was from Harry Potter. But now that I see all his pictures and the clips from the movie as being Edward. I am quite pleased with him playing Edward. I reread Twilight last week, and can see him playing this role, well. He may not be that much of a "hunk" as I would of hoped, but he is very very good-looking. And he has that charming look that I always pictured Edward having.

missmichele
Settled in Forks

Post by missmichele »

I think he will make a great Edward. He looks so intense, just like Edward should, and from what I've seen of pictures and movie clips he is just PERFECT! :D
I wouldn’t use the word beautiful. Not with you standing here in comparison
-Edward Cullen
Breaking Dawn
jonsgirljen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by jonsgirljen »

I have to admit that I was a late starter when it came to Twilight, although I did start them before I knew that the movie was coming out! Anyways, my future sister-in-law told me that Robert Pattinson was going to play Edward, and I wasn't sure how I felt about that because I'm a huge Harry Potter fan, and I just couldn't picture Cedric Diggory as Edward...not 'til she and I watched the teaser trailer when he gives the "crooked smile." In the moment when I saw that perfect smile, I was convinced. It was perfect. I think that he will do an amazing job as Edward. Rob looks so much like I pictured Edward to be...perfect!