Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Breaking Dawn Movie, Take 1

Post by marielle »

I have been wondering about that scene... why would it even be in it... who is the woman and why is Demetri fighting her?

Gianna was my first idea as well because I believe it's the same woman that brought them the wedding invitation... but why would it upset him...I never got the feeling that Demitri was very violent while reading the books...I'm still a bit baffled by why the scene is in it...
Suzan wrote:I actually liked the wolfpack storyline in BD
I'm very interested to see how it will look on screen...the mind hearing thing isn't easily put in a movie... it would cause a lot of difficulties... I'm thinking they will have the Sam/Jacob showdown in human form and only in the end Jacob will phase and running back to the Cullens...
Suzan wrote:I thought I heard Nikki say something about that scene, but I can't remember when. Maybe it was before they shot it and she just said that she hoped it made the script?
Yes, Nikki (or some other Cullen) confirmed that they did shoot some of those things... I don't know exactly but they talked about how funny it was to have Rosalie face Jacob...I just hope they will leave things like that in the movie...
as MR is a big Jacob-fan I believe she put every line Jacob has in BD in the script...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Marielle, I would have to take another look at the trailer, but I had always assumed that all of the Volturi's human assistants would have been killed off when they emptied the tower, since nobody stayed behind to oversee them.

I was hoping the Guide would confirm that concerning Gianna, but nope.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

corona wrote:Marielle, I would have to take another look at the trailer, but I had always assumed that all of the Volturi's human assistants would have been killed off when they emptied the tower, since nobody stayed behind to oversee them.

I was hoping the Guide would confirm that concerning Gianna, but nope.
Stephenie herself said that the Volutri killed her to feed off her blood. In other words, she was a snack for the likes of Aro, Caius, Marcus, or one of the guard.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

The guide says that Gianna was killed by the Volturi, although it doesn't say when. I don't think there's any reason to make this girl Gianna, though. It makes it more sinister if they make it clear that Gianna is no more. And I like Corona's idea that they're cleaning out the tower, although all these scenes are supposed to be from part 1, and that would be in part 2. Maybe the woman just says something unwise and Demetri decides to show her how worthless she is.

I had a long running debate on another site over exactly how the wolf pack conversations will be done. I do think they will need to be in human form for most of their conversations, as we'll never get the full understanding of the emotions involved if it's just CGI wolves with voice over or subtitles. It makes me cringe just to think of them doing it like that.
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

Tornado wrote:I had a long running debate on another site over exactly how the wolf pack conversations will be done. I do think they will need to be in human form for most of their conversations, as we'll never get the full understanding of the emotions involved if it's just CGI wolves with voice over or subtitles. It makes me cringe just to think of them doing it like that.
*visualizing CGI wolf telepathy and accompanying emotions* EEEWWWWWWW!!!!

I will be happy to see the Wolfpack actors getting to do some dramatic acting!
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Absolutely! I had a huge battle with someone at another site (he is one of those people who thinks that if any line in the book is changed for the movie it is a complete and utter failure!) and he told me that he could see it working very well. He had apparently seen similar things with telepathy on other shows. I pointed out to him that that would still have been with humans, NOT CGI wolves, which would be cartoonish, at best. He was not convinced.

Like you, I'm looking forward to seeing the wolf boys show their acting chops in human form.
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

As regards to Gianna the actress that brings the Volturi the wedding invitation (and who I assume is thrown by Demetri) is different than the actress that played Gianna in NM. So I think it's a different human.

I like the idea of most of the wolf conversations happening when they're human instead of wolves. I have no idea how they could do the wolf telepathy scenes well & not have it turn out weird. That was one thing I've been worried about for these movies.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

The only critical all-wolf scene I can think of where it wouldn't make sense in the movie to switch out to human form is when Seth first joins up with Jacob on the run back to the Cullens. No words need to be spoken, though, they could just show Jacob being very irritated and snarling, but then accepting Seth.

It's better to let the audience know who exactly it is that is speaking anyways, unless they want to pass out color-coded wolf charts.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

That's a great idea Corona! Or maybe they could put up on the screen which wolf it is. You are hearing Seth-wolf. Or Jacob-wolf says ...
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

corona wrote:unless they want to pass out color-coded wolf charts.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Y'all are cracking me up with the ideas for translating wolves to the screen for this one!
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901