What are you reading?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Re: What are you reading?

Post by Jestak »

Recently completed:

1) Silence of the Grave, by Arnaldur Indridason. This is the second of the "Reykjavik thrillers" featuring Inspector Erlendur and his aides Elinborg and Sigurdur Oli. When a human skeleton is unearthed during a child's birthday party, Erlendur and his colleagues find themselves investigating a murder over a half century old. Meanwhile the inspector deals with a personal crisis involving his recovering addict daughter, Eva Lind. This series continues to intrigue me.

2) Bowls, Polls and Tattered Souls, by Stewart Mandel. Mandel is a columnist for Sports Illustrated, focusing mostly on college football. This is his interesting and informative take on some of the issues confronting that sport.

Currently reading:

1) Big City, Bad Blood, by Sean Chercover. This was Chercover's debut novel, and it won several "first novel" awards a couple of years back. It looks like Chercover is going to give Sara Paretsky some competition for the "best series about a Chicago PI" title. His protagonist is Ray Dudgeon, a newspaper reporter turned, that's right, private investigator. He takes an assignment to protect a film location manager, but finds himself somehow in the middle of a mob dispute (we learn that in Chicago, they like to be called "The Outfit"). Moreover, the Chicago PD and the Feds are both looking over Ray's shoulder. A promising beginning for Chercover.

2) Higher Education?, by Andrew Hacker and Claudia Dreifus. Veteran sociologist Hacker and reporter Dreifus have produced a pretty scathing critique of the state of higher education in the US. I don't agree with all of it, but they have some good points.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

The Twilight Saga Official Illustrated Guide.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Mystery by Heather Graham titled Killing Kelly
Banner by TammyAZ
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

The Gone Series by Michael Grant
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Will start to re-read Mortal Instrument's City of Bones up to City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare. I forgot what the entire series is all about :lol: .
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
Brienna

Post by Brienna »

I just started Hush, Hush this morning.
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Harry Potter and the Philoopher's stone. I have a plan to re-read the HP books but it'll take me a while in between other books and fanfics.

Also reading book 3 of the Sookie Stackhouse novels.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Brienna

Post by Brienna »

Finished Hush, hush already, loved it!
Just started Matched - Ally Condie
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

I am going to say Hush since I will be picking it up from my local library today.

Brienna~ Can't wait to hear your thoughts on Matched.
Banner by TammyAZ