Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Post by December »

Hem. People.... (*scrabbles for typographical representation of a certain rising tone of gentle admonishment*)

*grin*

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

And another thing, you won't believe...uhhh...(sees the gentle admonishment).

Ahem (edits post). :oops:

Thank you, December. It's amazing how some of these people, the ones wayyy over there in that corner, try to make everything dirty. It's so sad.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Just a reminder, Corona, we aren't the first to get a little Guttery...

Alphie and Pel in the archives

And then there's THIS...
24601 wrote:
At great personal risk, I have to advise that Pel has been banned from the Gutter.

It was too hard for her to keep it PG-13...

:-)
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Whew! Our gutterite was sheer poetry compared to that.

By the way, Alphie mentions a Superman essay that I had actually read once. It's titled:

Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex

Google it and you will see the reprints, but here is a quick link to the article:

http://www.rawbw.com/~svw/superman.html

I think Edward would sympathize.

Superman has been known to leave his fingerprints in steel and in hardened concrete, accidentally. What would he do to the woman in his arms during what amounts to an epileptic fit?
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

Openhome wrote:Just a reminder, Corona, we aren't the first to get a little Guttery...
O. M. G. That was so much fun I read three pages - I may go back for more later. A whole thread on vampire sex? I can picture SM lurking there and absolutely laughing her head off. Comparatively, the current thread is totally PG-13 and all about insinuation.

I find vampire ... er ... reproductive materials ... so completely unscientific and irrational that I just relax and enjoy the story. It doesn't stand up to inquiry, although the speculation is entertaining.
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

Post by December »

Smiiten by Twilight wrote:I find vampire ... er ... reproductive materials ... so completely unscientific and irrational that I just relax and enjoy the story. It doesn't stand up to inquiry, although the speculation is entertaining.

Oh absolutely! Those who live by explanations, die by explanations; definitely better to just lie back and enjoy it (!). World-building was never what this series was about -- as we've so amply discussed elsewhere. And anatomy, however plausible or implausible, has a limited role in romance.

But there's certainly scope for off-the-page entertainment!....
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”
Openhome

Post by Openhome »

corona wrote:Whew! Our gutterite was sheer poetry compared to that.

By the way, Alphie mentions a Superman essay that I had actually read once. It's titled:

Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex

Google it and you will see the reprints, but here is a quick link to the article:

http://www.rawbw.com/~svw/superman.html
:clapping: :rotfl: :clapping: :rotfl: :clapping:
That is one of the FUNNIEST things I've read in a while. My mind is spinning with euphemisms for paranormal sex that include gutted trout, geysers, and almost anything that pops.
Thanks so much for the link!
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

It has been way too long! Sometimes my thread updates don't work and I forget to check in. Sorry!

(Most people are reading saying "who the ^#@&% is this and why would I care if she's here or not?")

I was just reminded about how important this community is/was to me, especially the Gutter, and how wonderful and welcoming these people are, because for the first time in ages, I joined a new forum devoted to a book series. I felt like a total n00b all over again, despite having "XP" from here. People have been nice so far at the new place but I doubt I'll be making "friends" as firmly there as I did here. For that "people gift", I will be eternally grateful to the Lex. Mods, I'm curious - how many new adult forum members join regularly? I bet that there's a surge when the movies come out (like it did with the arrival of each book) - what's it like in the "off season"? Do other threads die or fade away as their original users disappear or get too busy, or are ones like this always active?
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Hello, LadyDi. I've seen some of your prior Gutter postings, although we haven't chatted before.

Sometimes the threads heat up, and then they cool down again.

The most recent bubbles of activity were when the Illustrated Guide came out, and then Edward's birthday. All of the Cullens were on board and Edward was answering questions. It was a lot of fun.

Breaking Dawn Movie topics are heating up as we get closer to November.

Somehow I feel like I'm giving out the weather conditions. :D
Openhome

Post by Openhome »

LadyDi wrote:It has been way too long! Sometimes my thread updates don't work and I forget to check in. Sorry!

(Most people are reading saying "who the ^#@&% is this and why would I care if she's here or not?")

I was just reminded about how important this community is/was to me, especially the Gutter, and how wonderful and welcoming these people are, because for the first time in ages, I joined a new forum devoted to a book series. I felt like a total n00b all over again, despite having "XP" from here. People have been nice so far at the new place but I doubt I'll be making "friends" as firmly there as I did here. For that "people gift", I will be eternally grateful to the Lex. Mods, I'm curious - how many new adult forum members join regularly? I bet that there's a surge when the movies come out (like it did with the arrival of each book) - what's it like in the "off season"? Do other threads die or fade away as their original users disappear or get too busy, or are ones like this always active?
I have to agree, Lady Di, the Lex is an unusual and very special spot of peace and fun on a rather vicious world wide web. What book series are you following?

We don't have many join any more. As Corona said, new ones come for special things and then drop away or stick around and come back now and again, like you. Of all the Twilight sites, other than fanfic sites, the Lex is still the strongest, but it's nothing compared to what it was like. Until Stephenie decides to write again, IF she decides to write again, I'm afraid the Lex will remain rather quiet.