What are you reading?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Re: What are you reading?

Post by pennybug84 »

Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince - JK Rowling
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Just finished:

1) Gone Tomorrow, by Lee Child. Another in the series that is as durable as protagonist Jack Reacher. Reacher is back in New York City, riding the subway, when he sees a woman who fits the profile of a suicide bomber. When he confronts her, the outcome propels Reacher into a murky, layered terrorist plot. A bit slower to get ahold of me than most of the Reacher books, but still a good one.

Now in progress:

1) Desolate Angel, by Chaz McGee (a pen name for Katy Munger). This is the first book in a new series featuring a very unusual detective. What's different about Kevin Fahey is that he's dead. But the spectral sleuth hasn't gone to heaven, and now his replacement with the homicide squad, Maggie Gunn, is trying to solve a difficult case. Only Kevin may be able to help her, but how can he? This one seems promising.

2) The Authentic Adam Smith, by James Buchan. This is a short introduction to the life, and more importantly to the ideas, of the man known as the "father of modern economics." It's good and informative.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
Jace
Settled in Forks

Post by Jace »

Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead. Good page turner I like the story flow
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

After finishing the Chaz McGee book, I moved on to The Apprentice, by Tess Gerritsen. This is the second in the "Rizzoli and Isles" series and the first one with medical examiner Maura Isles as a character. it was, like the first, about a psycho serial killer and focused a lot on medical and related evidence in the solving of the crimes. It kept my attention enough that I plowed through the whole book in a single evening.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by funkidiva »

Ive just finished the Vampire Academy series, which I loved, and am now reading the Morganville Vampires series by Rachel Caine and am on book 5 - Lord of Misrule. Very different to any other vampire books ive read and easy to read. Not as grabbing at VA though but still a good read.
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" "...What shoes had Alice put me in? Stilettos? She'd lost her mind..."
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Currently reading:

1) The Fallen, by T. Jefferson Parker. Another of Parker's Southern California based thrillers, this one centers on a San Diego cop named Robbie Brownlaw. A newly promoted Homicide detective, he and his partner have to investigate the murder of an ex-cop who had become an ethics investigator for the city. I'm only a little way in, but it looks like Parker has another good tale in store for readers.

2) Paul Revere's Ride, by David Hackett Fischer. Remember Paul Revere and his famous ride? When I was in school, we were still expected to learn that old Longfellow poem about Revere, but whether you know the poem or not, I can definitely recommend this book. It's one of the best-researched and best-written books on history I've ever come across.
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - JK Rowling
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

I'm currently reading:

Flutter by Amanda Hocking. It's #3 in the "My Blood Approves" series
Chelsea Chelsea, Bang Bang by Chelsea Handler. It's her 3rd book.
Bloodlines by Richelle Mead. It's the 1st in her "Bloodlines" series which is a Vampire Academy spin off.
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
- - * will you still love me tomorrow? - Amy Winehouse
LadyGhost06
Wandering Through Town

Post by LadyGhost06 »

Currently reading Forever, the final book in the Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy by Maggie Stiefvater. I love this book series so freaking much!
"I'll walk forever with stories inside me that the people I love the most can never hear."
Nora
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Nora »

I'm currently reading The Awakening, it's the first book in The Vampire Diaries series.