Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jacobs-girl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Worried about Breaking Dawn?

Post by Jacobs-girl »

Nope, I didn't hear anything about that (I'm not on Twitter). Thanks for posting about it though. More suspense now until November 4th......!
"You want a nice stereo? Drive your own car"" (Bella, New Moon, ch. 1)

"They’re just cliff diving, Bella. Recreation. La Push doesn’t have a mall, you know" (Jacob, New Moon, ch. 7)
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

*grumble* I wish they'd come over here! Not that I'd have anyone to go with, or be able to afford it! :roll:
Emmettroselover
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Emmettroselover »

It has definitely added suspense since that is so close to when the film premieres in the US. I hate that they won't just tell us now and get it over with but I know it is a marketing ploy. This time not by Summit as much as by Creation though since they are the ones in charge of the conventions.
Emmettroselover

Just to follow up on my earlier post, this one on Spunk-Ransom. com.....
Update: @TwilightBond ponders the possibilities for the announcement,
At the March 2011 Twilight Convention in Los Angeles, we were “teased” that the Burbank 2012 event MAY be rescheduled to the first week of November so that it could be a Breaking Dawn Convention in LA as part of the movie’s press junket. Those attending the March 2011 convention were able to re-up and buy tickets for Burbank (we did!) with the understanding that the dates/location could change to November in Los Angeles. So, after almost six months of waiting, Creation Entertainment posted this on its website: 4-Nov-11 – HOLD THIS DATE FOR AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT RE: THE TWILIGHT SAGA!

Now back on topic, Summit has released several stills in the past couple of days and they actually look pretty promising. Maybe they heard the uproar of disapproval of the poster or they had the release of stills planned all along, but the pictures are nice. It does not answer a lot of the questions about how things will be portrayed in the film, Jacob's involvement, the drama, etc, but I actually enjoyed the new images.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Yes, I like the images too, but I always thought ones of the wedding/honeymoon would be good. I don't think they'll pre-release any ones of the pregnancy, and that's the time I'm more concerned about. I'd like to see an image of Edward caring for Bella during the pregnancy, assuming there is such a scene, and there'd better be!

My favourite of the new shots is the one of Edward and Bella standing on the beach. I love it! I'd like to get it framed!
Emmettroselover

I like Edward's hair better than it was in Eclipse. The sideburns were out of control in that film. Now is when I start to get conflicted. I want to see more stills, but also do not want it to ruin the film for me by seeing too much. I kind of like to be surprised by what scenes will happen and how everyone will look in them......as long as it is a good surprise.
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

The only hair I liked in EC was the blonde wig they put Nikki in, all the rest were a little off in someway for me. I'm beginning to hate how red Edward's hair looks in certain pic's I've seen. I haven't really been fond of the hairstyles of many of the Cullen's since TW.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Yes, I liked their hair in Twilight. I wish they'd kept them the same. Some continuity would be nice. It would be good with the vampire make-up, too.
Emmettroselover

I agree. The only hair that I understood changing was Rosalie's and having Nikki wear a wig because the dye job did not look good in Twilight and it made her hair fall out. I think I am among the few who liked Jasper's hair in Twilight and when they changed it in New Moon I was so upset because not only did I like his Twilight hair, but they made it horrible. The hair and makeup in Twilight was actually decent for the low budget they had to work with but instead of getting more money and growing on a good thing, they decided to alter so much. Continuity is hard enough to maintain in films, but they have gone beyond just missing small things. They blatantly changed the appearance of the characters in every film even though the Cullens were not supposed to change in such a way. Would it have been so bad to keep the same style of hair, makeup, and contacts?
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

Hair and make up is one of the few things I expect to stay consistent throughout a film franchise, especially when they are film back to back like the TW series. Consistency in costumes for characters and the similarities within the score from the main theme are a couple other things. I was disappointed that the scores for NM and EC didn't contain hints of Bella's Lullaby because that was constantly mentioned throughout the books, and it would have been nice to have seen Bella's Lullaby act as the official TW series theme. With HP they had different composers in for the last few films, and with the exception of I think GOF, all the scores have contained Hedwig's Theme in them.

Nikki's hair was awful in TW and I was glad she opted to get a wig in the next one because her hair was inconsistently coloured in the first one. The bleached job she had done didn't work out properly, IMO.

I know Rob shaved his head after the promotional tour for TW and that's why his hair was shorter in the next NM.