Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Re: Worried about Breaking Dawn?

Post by Jazz Girl »

Excited doesn't even cover it, because I actually will be. I'm meeting up with two of my best friends, one of whom is a premiere veteran and last year actually scored tickets INTO THE SCREENING!! Sweet Jesus, I need a valium or something!
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Jacobs-girl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jacobs-girl »

Jazz Girl wrote:Excited doesn't even cover it, because I actually will be. I'm meeting up with two of my best friends, one of whom is a premiere veteran and last year actually scored tickets INTO THE SCREENING!! Sweet Jesus, I need a valium or something!
You are so, so, so lucky! I would love to be there but I can't because a) I can't afford it and b) I'll be in the middle of my college semester.

Have fun and do report back here after the premiere; maybe all of us at the Lex who are unable to go can live vicariously through your experience there! :D
"You want a nice stereo? Drive your own car"" (Bella, New Moon, ch. 1)

"They’re just cliff diving, Bella. Recreation. La Push doesn’t have a mall, you know" (Jacob, New Moon, ch. 7)
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

Emmettroselover wrote: He wanted to bring back some of the themes used and was happy to have Burwell on board. Plus, he said a member of the cast will be on the soundtrack. I am hoping it is Rob because while I love Jackson, I get way more excited for Rob's soulful voice. I loved both of the songs on the Twilight soundtrack and really hope he contributes to it. It would definitely bring the saga full circle, bringing back elements from the first film.
I'm so glad to hear that the lullaby is back! I loved that song, and did ya'll read the story behind that particular score? It was so romantic and made it that much better for it's role in the movie. I know Rob will be playing Renesmee's lullaby for the movie, I do remember them announcing that. But I wonder if the other cast member may not be either of them...there are a couple of others that do have musical ability...Billy Burke for one. His music described on his web site "Billy Burke is about to release his debut album. Dripping with dark, yet intensely satisfying melodies, rich with textures that harken his early as well as ongoing influences and adorned with tragically beautiful, ironic poetry, these explorative yet surprisingly accessible songs will carry the listener all the way from of the desperation of the city, down the back roads and onto the comfort and familiarity of the back porch." Sounds like something that would be playing when Bella goes to see the lawyer...just a thought...
Kristen also has some musical ability and it seems like one of the wolfpack did too, but I can't remember where I heard that...
It will be great I'm sure whoever it is.

I agree that Twilight had the best score and soundtrack too IMHO, so I'm glad BC wants to get back to that. It's bothered me that Bella's Lullaby wasn't in the last two because it's woven throughout the books. Edward hums it to her and there's the tape. He welcomes her home playing it in BD part 2 of course, but still...
I listen to the scores of those at work along with the LoTR and some of the Harry Potter scores. Unfortunately, I can't listen to music with words because I'm on the phone a lot...I'm sure no one wants me to break into song in the middle of a conference call, :blush: which is possible at any time with some of my favorite playlists. Can't wait! :clap:
Grayce
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

I was just reading over at twifans that Renesmee will be be standing next to her daddy while he plays to her on the piano. sweet!
Emmettroselover
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Emmettroselover »

That would be awesome! So cute!
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

Showing Edward playing for Renesmee sounds fabulous, I hope they show it while they wait for Bella to wake rather then just Renesmee showing Bella Edward played for her. I really hope the second movie includes a fair number of moments between Edward and Renesmee and Bella and show the three of them are a, in fact, a family without Jacob present.

The book, IMO, didn't give the feeling that Edward was the girl's dad, but rather her dad was Jacob because there were next to no scenes present in the books where Bella and Edward were alone with their daughter without Jacob around doing things as a family should (if there are please give me page numbers where Edward, Bella and Renesmee do something as a family without the other Cullen's or Jacob around other then Edward and Bella putting the girl to bed and I want no b/s about scenes between those three not being present because they didn't move the plot along while we got a number of scenes with Jacob, Bella and Renesmee giving off the vibe that they were a family), and I know that certain people here may not like that I see it that way and will probably try and argue against that becuase they think I'm being unfair to Jacob. There was never a proper relationship present in the book between Edward and Renesmee like there was with the girl and Jacob IMO, and that should be one of the few changes I wouldn't mind happening on the big screen.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Rebecca, it sounds like you will get your wish in at least one scene.
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

RebeccaCullen, I'm sure you will get your wish. That is the easiest correction of all to make for the film, the insertion of those missing moments that we know happened but we never got to see.

Not putting those moments into the film would simply be bizarre. It wouldn't make sense leaving them out. We didn't have any choice but to use our own imagination for the book, but for a film it absolutely has to be there.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Emmettroselover
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Emmettroselover »

That is definitely something that should be corrected in the films and also it would be nice for them to clarify that while Jacob did imprint, Edward and Bella are the parents, not him. I think that will be something that could help tone down the imprinting as well. One of the main things that annoyed me with that whole situation was that Jacob seemed to act more like the parent than Edward and Bella did at times so hopefully they give the actual family their moments to shine.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

All I can say is that if this becomes another love triangle love-fest, fast forward this video to 1:50 and you find my opinion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx6chx2Nstw

So much of the little things are so easy to fix, but as long as they stick with the story and don't mess anything up there, then I'll be fine.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/