Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Worried about Breaking Dawn?

Post by Tornado »

Jack Morrisey, Bill's partner, has apparently said that there a few scenes where she doesn't wear the engagement ring (particularly scenes before or after bedroom scenes). This is really not unusual, because a ring of that size probably wouldn't be worn all the time. In the past some people only wore engagement rings during the engagement and afterwards only on special occasions. My mother is one of those people. That was probably what they had to do in days when engagement rings were big like that. So long as she has the wedding ring on all the time I won't find it strange.

While Bella does lean against Jacob when she's cold during the pregnancy, that's not quite what I'm getting at. I don't mind that. I just don't want them to be seen in an intimate light, i.e. giving each other longing looks, or her snuggling in, that kind of thing. A bit of leaning is fine with me.
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

Tornado wrote:While Bella does lean against Jacob when she's cold during the pregnancy, that's not quite what I'm getting at. I don't mind that. I just don't want them to be seen in an intimate light, i.e. giving each other longing looks, or her snuggling in, that kind of thing. A bit of leaning is fine with me.
That is something we can agree on.

Doesn't Bella warm up at one point with Seth instead of Jacob? I'm pretty sure she does, and I hope that makes it into the movie.

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Yes, she does. Hopefully, if they have her being warmed up, both of them will do it. That would make it look less ... wrong.
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

Tornado wrote:Yes, she does. Hopefully, if they have her being warmed up, both of them will do it. That would make it look less ... wrong.
Knew I couldn't have made that up.

I know there have been concerns with the hair and makeup, and I think it's odd that Summit can't settle on something consistent for the vampires when the WB managed to keep the wigs for both Lucius and Snape looking real, and the wig Orlando Bloom wore in LOTR looks a lot better then what Summit has been providing since the franchise has made a great return on investment.
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Kristen seems like she always gets it. From the Lex Blog:

It was great to play this unshakable love. Previously there have been moments where you had to wonder if the two will make it. This time around, they are incredibly close, like a family. Bella and Edward are not only lovers, but deeply connected. They’re married, it’s done. And it’s great to see how they cope with their problems. The crisis, if they are going to have their child or not. Bella has never been so vulnerable. And he has never been so angry. This time around everything is a little more serious and somber.

It's good to see that.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

More serious and sombre this time around??? Heck, what was happening in the last three movies? It hasn't exactly been light and airy!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Tornado wrote:More serious and sombre this time around??? Heck, what was happening in the last three movies? It hasn't exactly been light and airy!
Bella wasn't pregnant with a baby that was (inadvertently) killing her. In the previous films, the Cullens and the shape-shifters dealt with vampires that could be stopped. With Bella's pregnancy, this wasn't something so easily dealt with.

And also, this was an interview that was probably translated by a third party using Google Translate or something like that, and I'm well aware of how that messes things up.

Still, that doesn't shoot down my point, that Bella was pregnant with Nessie, and that Nessie was unintentionally killing her, and Bella wouldn't give up the pregnancy. It was almost as if she'd rather let Nessie live even if it meant her dying. The vampires that went after her, Bella was sort of indifferent about them dying because, after all, they were trying kill her, and above all else, anyone in their way. But she didn't want Renesmee to die, even if she had to die to keep Nessie alive.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Chernaudi wrote: It was almost as if she'd rather let Nessie live even if it meant her dying.
That was exactly the case. Many mothers are the same.

But still, while the danger was external in all the others, let's face it, they haven't been light and fluffy. From the first moment in number one it's been danger, danger, danger. The whole relationship was dangerous from the outset. Serious and sombre is nothing new to this series.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

But have there been more serious threats to the Cullens and Bella especially than Nessie? First, Nessie nearly kills Bella when she's born, and the Volturi confront the Cullens after they find out about Nessie.

Renesmee, through no fault of her own, brings the biggest threats to Bella and the Cullens.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Perhaps in terms of the Volturi, but I don't think in terms of the pregnancy, in spite of what it puts Bella through. After all, the end result (her being transformed into a vampire, ending her human life) was already on the cards. They were going to do that anyway. Certainly, the danger from the Volturi is great, but that is only a step up from the other threats, moreover, it is not until part two.

And anyway, whatever the threat, there's still been plenty of danger. It's taking it a bit far to say that now it suddenly gets serious and sombre. Most other quotes have had them commenting on how unusual the first part of part one is because they're so happy. It's the happiness that is the unusual thing, not the seriousness and the danger.