Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Post by VirginiaMay »

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!

:clap: VAMPIRE IN THE BASEMENT UPDATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

There's no Author's Note, so I don't know what this means, but still, if it was one you were following and thought abandoned, I guess not. At least not yet. Yippee!!

PS- thank you so much for all the wonderful things said about Arms here!! Love you guys/gals!
newborntwifan
Wandering Through Town

Post by newborntwifan »

I've been reading the Guardian based on your discussions here, and although I find the story intriguing, I'm not sure I like this Edward. Also, I've caught up through this latest update, and I'm a little confused about the timeline. I know the author explained a little in a previous A/N, but is Bella still 18 in the most recent chapter?

I haven't had the chance to read the UC and Arms updates yet. I've been finishing Soccerward (or RealFootballward, I guess). I have to say I should never doubt your recs again. The first time I started reading Offsides, I got a few chapters in and thought, "eh." After starting UC recently, I decided I'd give Offsides another shot since I was enjoying Shay's writing so much. Anyway, I'm so glad I went back and read it! The path of the story was unexpected to say the least, and I really loved it.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

Ginnie,
Can you post the link to Vampire in the basement please? Thanks!

Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
SweetKay
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SweetKay »

VolturiGirl wrote:Ginnie,
Can you post the link to Vampire in the basement please? Thanks!

Here's the link:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4887478/1/T ... e_Basement

Also, I have a couple of recs for you all. I found them thru "The Canon Tour" stories. The third place winner Brother by Content1 is amazing! The summary: Carlisle Cullen’s short immortal life had been lonely until he met the Volturi Kings. What really happened in Volterra that caused him to forsake all he’d found? A story of friendship, love, and the ultimate price of betrayal. Very good!! http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7384268/1/Brother

Then that led me to read content1's other story Harvest Moon. It's complete too!! Summary: What happens to the Cullen family after the Volturi left. Edward and Bella begin life together and face heartbreak and joy after their lives are irrevocably changed by both joy and loss. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5315616/1/Harvest_Moon Quoted from her profile: My challenge: Write a sequel that stuck as close as possible to Stephenie Meyer’s style, including no MA sex scenes. Harvest Moon, my cannon story, is the result of this challenge. My story does include two additional characters, but after explaining my story line to my friend she agreed that these individuals wouldn’t void my attempt. Several individuals that have inquired about the history behind my story have asked – What do I get from following through with the challenge? Nothing, other than the fun of attempting to do something I never have done which is writing fiction. Now I have begun the sequel to Harvest Moon - Full Moon Rising. This story gets to be my own, with a lot less parameters. The story is quite brillant. I laughed and I cried. Very well written and very well told. I am now moving on to the sequel, Full Moon Rising which is a WIP.
SweetKay
ImageImage
TEAM EDWARD ~~ EX-FACTOR ADDICT ~~ WA ADDICT ~~ TEAM ALICE
StellaBlueBella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by StellaBlueBella »

Just checking with you ladies (any gents?) to see if you all were reading Vamp in the Basement. Very glad to see some of you are! I wanted to start this one but new it was on "hiatus" so never did. But heard about the update and couldn't resist. Gah. I wish she would've given some hint as to whats going on with her/this fic and its status. I am just going to prepare myself for a long wait.

So, guess I'll share a little run down of what's been on my reading radar lately:

Anyone know what's going on with My Viking? It hasn't updated in awhile. Much longer than normal for her. I know SheViking was reworking and reposting her first fic but does that mean Edvards been forgotten?

*Amy* have you read Order of the Seers? It has tons of Volturi in it. I read it earlier this week and immediately thought of you. Felix and Demetri are there in what I'd call actual supporting roles vs just a cameo appearance which is rare imo.

Anyone around here reading Substance Clad in Shadows by hollelujah? Definitely earns it's M rating but it's good. Sort of a mythologically based mystery type of fic. Lots of theories going around about this one, which is always fun.

Another WIP I've started lately is The Slowest Burn by TypoKween. It's pretty good. A high school fic that sort of drew me in as it went along... Hence the name I guess. AH High School fics aren't my fav genre, if Imma read a HS fic I prefer AU, but I've enjoyed this one. Plus it updates reliably.

I'm thinking of starting A Federation of Cassandras by FoiPur as it comes well rec'd as an under the radar type fic. This would actually be my first Nessie fic, my first post BD fic really. I think it is waaaaay under the radar as in approx 10 reviews per chap but for some reason it caught my attention. Anyone here heard of it?

Let's see what else is going on...

UC - Yes I was glad to see a more real side to Bella. I've heard people complain that Savage writes a flat Bella which I can sorta see their point. I still like her writing but Bella never seems to be her focus even though it's BPOV which is kinda.... Idk odd? Anway, I was caught off gaurd by the way Edward dealt with Jane. Right up until it actually happened I still didn't see it coming. In hindsight, I should have since she always referred to as a witch even in SMs writing, but wowza, my brain doesn't work that way I guess. Edward gave her justice and then some that's for sure.

Arms - Oh poor Bella and Edward. I mean I really think Bella has it worse than he does right now. I don't know how these two are gonna find their back to each other but I really hope Edwards outta the hospital soon and can be the hero. I really want Bella to have a hero for once instead being so on her own all the time. And ugh poor Jasper! I really like this Jasper. He was almost her hero but it just didn't work out that way.

I heard Rochelle Allison is posting a new fic but I haven't had time to look into that much but I love her writing and she is so nice. Anyone know anything about her newbie?

Well that's about all I've got going on in my little corner of the fic reading world. I've had some other wips on my list but nothing's updated in awhile....

• To comprehend a nectar Requires sorest need.
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

Rachel- can you post the link to order of the seers? I only have internet on my Crachberry and for some reason, my internet searches are lousy.

Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
StellaBlueBella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by StellaBlueBella »

VolturiGirl wrote:Rachel- can you post the link to order of the seers? I only have internet on my Crachberry and for some reason, my internet searches are lousy.

Well, I have a copy for "personal use" I can email you if you want. I think she pulled it from FF.net even though she's working on a sequel. I am sure it's around on those database websites. But I'd be more than happy to send it to you. Just PM me your email.

• To comprehend a nectar Requires sorest need.
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

Ginnie,
Just read your update on What Drives Her. I'm so glad no one was here at work to see the tears that are now in my eyes. So beautifully written. I cannot wait til the next chapter.
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

Ginnie, thanks for referring to the Vampire in the Basement, I had not heard about it and have gotten caught up, including her most recent update. It's kind of ... different, but I really, really like it, oddly enough. The Bella-Edward moments are very sweet - actually, all the relationships are quite sweet. And sending nourishing, supportive thoughts your way to sustain you in your work on Arms and WDH.

newborntwifan, I've started reading the Guardian also (like the car reference although it took me a while to get the pun. I'm slow that way sometimes), and I agree, I am not always fond of this Edward, although he starts to redeem himself around Ch 15 ... before completely blowing it. I don't know what to think of these two, if they were my friends I'd slap them both silly ... but I find it extremely addictive. Is it kind of soap opera-ish?
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

Rachel,
I started to read My Viking over the weekend and fell in love with it. I tell you, I'd never get scurvy from the amount of lemons in that story. It was updated on 10-6. I do think it is a riot on how the author portrays Tanya.

I did find a new WiP yesterday. It's called Taken in the Night. It's also written by sheviking (author of My Viking). Taken. Bella is kidnapped by Edward, the man who has secretly wanted her and watched her from afar. Is it love or merely obsession which motivates him? Bella is about to find out. Rated M for a reason.
smitten_by_twilight wrote:I am not always fond of this Edward, although he starts to redeem himself around Ch 15 ... before completely blowing it. I don't know what to think of these two, if they were my friends I'd slap them both silly ... but I find it extremely addictive. Is it kind of soap opera-ish?
You can slap them and I will shake them silly. Inv Ink: Do you really think that Edward got her pregnent? I think it was Carlisle who did and Tanya is blackmailing Edward to tell Bella these things. :o I cannot wait til we are able to read the chapter that the summary was based on.
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers