Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Breaking Dawn Movie, Take 1

Post by marielle »

49 days till the premiere!!!!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Jacobs-girl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jacobs-girl »

Just wanted to say that I am really pleased Christina Perri is on the BD soundtrack. I heard her song, "Jar of Hearts", a few weeks ago and thought that it would be perfect for BD so I'm glad that she is on the soundtrack.
"You want a nice stereo? Drive your own car"" (Bella, New Moon, ch. 1)

"They’re just cliff diving, Bella. Recreation. La Push doesn’t have a mall, you know" (Jacob, New Moon, ch. 7)
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

39 days!!!!

Is everybody getting ready for the premiere? any plans already?

I contacted my favorite cinema to ask what they are planning and they are thinking about doing a marathon... :shock:

Jacobs-girl, I haven't heard anything of the soundtrack yet... I hope it matches the movie properly...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

I'm not sure I'd go for a marathon. Sitting through all of Eclipse would probably make me mad! But maybe it would make me more understanding when it came to BD. It wouldn't take much for me to rate it higher than Eclipse!
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Tornado, I agree about Eclipse. I originally though it was pretty good as far as movie-making execution. And it still is pretty good. Missing, though, is the most important thing, the emotional connection. Maybe it's because that emotional connection was such a central part of the first two book. It isn't gone from EC, but it's the choice now that is the central issue, that and the final confrontation with Victoria which is telegraphed from the beginning. I'm just puttering around right now, trying to figure it out.

How about the Victoria running scenes? The EC version early in the movie is technologically superior with great scenes of jumping across a river. But the NM version just feels emotionally more intense, the chase more intense, the feeling of impending doom greater, finally blending her leap off the cliff with Bella's.

The result of that is that if TW or NM is playing while I'm skimming around on Showtime, I often take a look. If it is EC, though, I tend to skim on by.

I think it is a very good thing that Bill has said that TW is his favorite movie. Not a lot of technology or CGI used for that film, and not a lot was needed. If he can capture some of that original TW magic, then BD will be another movie that I don't simply skim on by.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

I agree, corona. Twilight was, of the three, certainly the one that captured the emotional connection best, and that is what is most important in these stories. New Moon did a pretty good job, especially considering the depressive nature of much of its material, but Eclipse was devoid of any emotional connection at all as far as I could see. I don't think David Slade is great at romance, which is what the Twilight Saga is about. People can say it's about vampires and teenagers all they want. It's not primarily about either of those things, and getting a director who has no experience with a genuine romance was a major mistake on Summit's part.
Jacobs-girl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jacobs-girl »

marielle wrote:
Jacobs-girl, I haven't heard anything of the soundtrack yet... I hope it matches the movie properly...
They announced the official track list for the soundtrack about two weeks ago. Here's a link to the track list of songs (http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/167151 ... ndon.jhtml)and the official soundtrack website (http://breakingdawnthesoundtrack.com) where you can hear one of the songs which is on the soundtrack - "It Will Rain" by Bruno Mars.

At first, I wasn't sure about whether I liked "It Will Rain" but after hearing it a few times, I think it's actually quite good, even though it does sound different from typical songs on the other Twilight movie soundtracks. What do you think?
"You want a nice stereo? Drive your own car"" (Bella, New Moon, ch. 1)

"They’re just cliff diving, Bella. Recreation. La Push doesn’t have a mall, you know" (Jacob, New Moon, ch. 7)
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Has anyone seen the new TV spot? There's a link at twifans. It's got Edward leaving Bella's room the night before, saying, "I'll meet you at the altar", and reference to a bit of drama at the wedding, so I'm guessing that means either Jacob does lose it, or maybe it's a reference to Irina finding out that the wolves killed Laurent (which has to happen at some point).
thebookworm
Wandering Through Town

Post by thebookworm »

Just seen it, and it is nice to have some new clips! I am excited to see how they do the scene from the night before the wedding!
I am guessing the whole reference to drama at the wedding, is about Jacob nearly losing his cool, when he finds out E and B are going to have a proper honeymoon. Look closely and in the shot you can see someone in the tree behind him! lol
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

Edward could be referring to both Irina finding out about Laurent and Jacob's reaction to finding out Bella and Edward intend to act like a married couple on their honeymoon in that clip. I'm almost betting it's both b/c the Denali coven isn't use to the smell of the pack and are bound to say something, and Jacob does react in the book.