Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Breaking Dawn Movie, Take 1

Post by corona »

Tornado, those are basically my sentiments as well. You could do the red-eye scene, and then backtrack for BD2.

That ending seems to be the obvious one, at least at first. It definitely gives some satisfaction. My own personal view is that it takes away from a super bang opening for the second movie. Personally, I would do it mid-change, but leave the audience with the understanding that Bella will not die and that her change is now inevitable.

Final scenes with Edward and Nessie by her side are a must. There is so much they can do in those final moments of the first movie and the beginning moments of the second. I would want to milk that for as much drama as possible.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

The promo tour has finally started!!! Ashley and Rob are in Europe, making us all swoon!!!

exactly 3 weeks from now I'll be driving to my favorite cinema to attent a marathon of twilight goodness..
I'm excited about it but a bit anxious as well...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Jacobs-girl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jacobs-girl »

What do you all think of the latest promo clip to be released (the one where Edward carries Bella over the threshold)? I think it's so sweet and I love Bella's dress too. I can't wait for this movie!

"Do you wanna go for a swim?" is probably my favorite BD movie quote so far. :D And the way Edward says 'Mrs. Cullen'.....sorry for this gushy post, by the way. :)
"You want a nice stereo? Drive your own car"" (Bella, New Moon, ch. 1)

"They’re just cliff diving, Bella. Recreation. La Push doesn’t have a mall, you know" (Jacob, New Moon, ch. 7)
Violet Sunlight
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Violet Sunlight »

Jacobs-girl wrote:What do you all think of the latest promo clip to be released (the one where Edward carries Bella over the threshold)? I think it's so sweet and I love Bella's dress too. I can't wait for this movie!

"Do you wanna go for a swim?" is probably my favorite BD movie quote so far. :D And the way Edward says 'Mrs. Cullen'.....sorry for this gushy post, by the way. :)

Hi. I am new to the site. I am a big fan of Twilight also.

So far, I love all the trailers and posters. I hope the dress looks like it does in the illustrated guide or better. I don't like Kristen's hair in the wedding and honeymoon. Her hair seems thin and frizzy not thick and shinning. Maybe when I see the movie as a whole I will change my mind. But, I do love Edward's hair. Finally, his hair is to my liking. Bella's hair looked the best in Twilight. So far.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

I must admit I wish they'd done more with Kristen's hair for the wedding. It looks really boring as it is.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

So where do we think the split point will be? BC said in an interview that they were originally splitting it "somewhere else" and they changed it when he came on board. Will it be when she opens her blood read eyes or somewhere else? That seems like the most logical point. Hm ...
Jacobs-girl

Post by Jacobs-girl »

Just to let you all know that, for a limited time today, you can listen to the whole BD: part 1 soundtrack on the Twilight Saga Facebook page. :D If you're not on Facebook, don't worry as I think you can still listen to it by typing 'Facebook Twilight Saga' into Google and going to their FB page.

I'm listening to it whilst preparing a Powerpoint presentation for college and I'm really enjoying the soundtrack -- I especially like the song from The Joy Formidable.

"They’re just cliff diving, Bella. Recreation. La Push doesn’t have a mall, you know" (Jacob, New Moon, ch. 7)
Jacobs-girl

Post by Jacobs-girl »

Tornado wrote:So where do we think the split point will be? BC said in an interview that they were originally splitting it "somewhere else" and they changed it when he came on board. Will it be when she opens her blood read eyes or somewhere else? That seems like the most logical point. Hm ...
Yes, I think that it could be a possible split point. Either that, or maybe they will end Part 1 when Bella is in the middle of labor and the audience (the ones who haven't read the book) will be kept in suspense about whether Bella survives or not.

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

No, they've been talking a lot about the birth and the imprinting scene, so I don't think there's any doubt that Renesmee will be born. It may be unclear as to whether Bella survives or not, though.

On the soundtrack (of the songs I hadn't heard yet) I really like Turning Page, Requiem on Water, Northern Lights and Llovera. And I am loving hearing Carter Burwell again. It's great to hear Bella's Lullaby weaved into Love, Death, Birth.
Jacobs-girl

Post by Jacobs-girl »

Tornado wrote:No, they've been talking a lot about the birth and the imprinting scene, so I don't think there's any doubt that Renesmee will be born. It may be unclear as to whether Bella survives or not, though.
Oh, okay. I haven't really been keeping up to date with the latest BD news because I have been so busy during the past few weeks.

I love A Thousand Years by Christina Perri: definitely a great song for the honeymoon scenes.