Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Breaking Dawn Movie, Take 1

Post by Suzan »

About the split - I'd love it if the movie ends with a close up of Bella's red eyes when she first opens them. I think that would be an amazing last shot. But if not, another option would be while Bella is changing with Edward waiting by her side. That way it would be a little cliffy whether or not she'll survive (although we all know by now how it ends). I'm thinking the wolfs vs. Cullens fight we saw in the trailer has to have cooled down before the end of the movie. So they'll explain that Jacob has imprinted on Renesmee and that he gave Edward permission to turn Bella, leading to the end of the fight. Maybe a little glimps of Renesmee (being shown to the wolfpack). Edward returns to Bella who's still in transition. Pan out, away from the scene and the Cullen house, maybe "flying" over the forest. End credits. Anyway, that's all just speculation. I still like option 1 better though.

Soundtrack - I'm listening to it right now and I keep speculating where every song is going to play, so I thought I'd write down some idea's I came up with. I do have to say that I do not yet understand every part of the lyrics, so I could be making huge misstakes. Here goes:
- End Tapes: If you listen closely during the bridge, you can hear a hartbeat. So either during the transformation or the first song of the end credits.
- It Will Rain: I'm thinking end credits, because it seems to fit the overall feel of the movie in my opinion and also because that seems to be a traditional thing to put the first single and the best known artist in the end credits... Could be wrong here though.
- Turning Page: (My favourite so far. Love it!) Somewhere during the honeymoon. Maybe the moment in my banner. Maybe the "morning after".
- A Thousand Years: Bella walking down the aisle for sure and maybe continuing during the ceremony. There's no doubt in my mind about this one. :)
- Neighbors: (Like the song, but seriously rap on a TW soundtrack? :? ) I can't follow all the lyrics on this one, but from what I do understand; Neighbors as in Jacobs pack and Sams pack? Either the moment Jacob splits from the pack and is running through the forest towards the Cullens or when both packs are discussing a truce for the duration of the pregnancy.
- I Didn't Mean It: I know the lyrics don't really fit, but from the beat and the rithm I think this could be a very fun song during the Rosalie-Jacob banter. Could you imagine just a sequence of different blonde-jokes and of course the eating-bowl-throwing to this beat. "I didn't mean it" being sacastic in that case. :lol:
- Sister Rosetta: We already know where this one fits. While Bella is having her "human moment".
- Northern Lights: Imprinting?
- Flightless Bird: First dance. Obviously.
- Cold: Edward waiting by Bella's side or some quiet but ominous moment during the pregnancy where everybody is just suspencefully waiting for the things that are about to happen, namely the birth.

That's about it for as far as I've come up with. Let me know what you all think or maybe you guys have some other sugestions?
I do have to say that I absolutely LOVE the bit of the score Love, Death, Birth. I knew it was going to be great having Carter Burwell back and he definitely didn't disappoint. Only song that I really don't like is Eclipse (All Yours). They took a beautiful song (it's one of my favourites of the Eclipse soundtrack) and totally ruined it. I will have to see how that one turns out in the movie...
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

I still think part 2 is going to pick up with Bella opening her eyes and part 1 ends with Edward waiting for Bella to turn. In my mind, that's the only logical choice, at least, without ticking off E/B shippers.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Suzan - I think I agree with most of the things you suggested, although I think they're more likely to have something instrumental when Bella's walking down the aisle. Also, with I Didn't Mean It, I think that's probably going to be when Jacob is either racing to his pack to find out that Bella's returned or when he's going to the Cullens for the first time to see if she's been changed or not.

It does seem logical to end with Bella's red eyes opening. I think I found a spot for it in Love, Death, Birth, which I have mapped out in my head. Of course, I'm probably totally wrong!
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

A big unanswered question is whether or not they are going to attempt some kind of inner-Bella experience with the burning during the change. Don't know about that, but I am assuming that will be a detail that SM really would want to keep.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

I remember when I first read the book and was thinking of how they would transfer that to the screen because the pain from the change is internal and not something that can be easily transfered to the big screen. I remember thinking that if they were to make two movies that the first part would end with the sometime during the last chapter in the Jacob POV and the second part would pick up on Bella transforming, and to view the change from her POV we'd get flashes of painful things that happened to her growing up, like the bite from James in TW, when Edward left in NM and the birth from the first part with sort of a red tint to them just before she wakes up.

I, too, wonder if they are going to include that. I think it all depends on where the first part ends becuase if it ends with Bella opening her eyes, then I don't seem much point in including any hints of her pain during the transformation.

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

At Comic Con Kristen said something about experiencing the "hell" that is the transformation, so I think they will cover it, although probably only briefly. And the question is whether they cover it in number one or number two. Even if number one ends with her opening her eyes they could still leave it until number two if they recap on a few things re: the birth and the transformation. I think it is likely they will do that.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

I really hope they won't cover the transformation completey... I mean Suzan has a point, it would be cool to finish when Bella opens her new red eyes but I think that will only leave the Volturi trouble for the last movie and that isn't the essence of BD...the essence is Bella and Edward starting their life together with all the trouble that comes from that... the whole Volturi thing is just an addition to that...

I rather hope they are going to stop the moment Bella's heart starts beating again, but I'm not sure because of the trailers...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Even if they do have her opening her eyes in part one they can still do a recap in part two that might take a bit of time. They will need to remind the audience of what happened, and that's the perfect time to show Bella going through the hell that is the transformation experience at length and Edward sitting beside her.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

We are going to need that reminder.... there is a year apart between the movies!!!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

I actually like that one a lot, Marielle. Stopping the movie when Bella's heart starts beating again. That would also tie up perfectly with the End Tapes song. But if we assume that the fight with the wolves happens during the transformation (which is highly likely given the state of Edwards shirt), I don't think that's it. After all, I don't think Edward would ever leave her before he knows for sure that the transformation is ongoing (unless MR really really screws up and I'd like to give her just a little more credit than that).

The way I imagine/hope it's going to be right now:
Part 1 - After the wolf-fight Edward returns to Bella. We see him waiting by her side while she's transforming. Maybe Carlisle comes in too and they have a conversation about the transformation and all that is happening with the wolves and Renesmee. Either it ends here or we see time passing with Edward still waiting and the last shot is Bella's red eyes opening. I still prefer the last one, because I just like the drama of it. This would be sort of like EPOV of the transformation.
Part 2 - BPOV of the transformation, starting with the point in the book were she regains little moments of conciousness. Maybe like RebeccaCullen suggested with flashes of painful moments from the previous movies and the delivery; I'd like that actually. Maybe with a voice over of Bella talking about it; that this pain is so much worse than anything she has ever experienced. I think they'd have to go with voice over here, because I just can not come up with a way to visually represent that. Then she starts hearing bits of the conversation between Edward and Carlisle, which would be a great way to recap what happened in part 1. Then when the transformation is complete, we could see the world through her new vampire eyes...
From that point on they can just follow the book and show the beginning of Bella's and Edward's life together. I'd also really like it if we didn't get to see Renesmee before Bella get's to see her after the hunt, you know. Anyways, that's just my opinion...
FF profile: Suzqnv5689