Rob's Halfway House - #9

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #9

Post by missp »

*Sneaks in the backdoor of the HH, leaves a hello note behind, and sneaks out from whence she came!*

Hi, Siblings!! Ummm... I really did mean to come leave a long detailed post today concerning the soundtrack and all the vids and stuff, but I have been a little bit sidetracked by some ... err... AMAZING fanfic! WDH... ARMS... is any of this ringing a bell, GINNIE?? :lol: Anyhoo... I am off to pick up with Chapter 12 of ARMS! Love Y'all! :)
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody…

It’s a Sunny Saturday morning but it’s only 6C outside… so it’s cold…
4 more days until I see BD!!!!!!

Suzan, I saw those pics as well. I was wondering what had gotten into them…

Jaclyn, I have always been a big fan of Within Temptation, even saw them live once before hey got really big…I haven’t bought their new cd yet, but I’m not sure if I really like the new direction they have taken…I’m sure the concert was good.
I think many bands do something related to the country they play in… I know a singer that had learn quite a lot to say in the native language of that country… if you really like WT you should listen to Epica as well… they are dutch as well and really good…

Susie, big yay for your Rob dream… it has been a while that I dreamed about him…it will come back next week I’m sure…
I think I’ll figure the sizes in the US out next year… I still can grasp the idea of having no public transport… how do you get around without it? Do parents just sigh and drive their kids everywhere?

Well, I got to run… busy day today…

Have a nice Saturday!!! And don’t forget to post!!!!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

I might just catch one more Secrets of World War II before going to bed, so I'm gonna write this now.

Marielle: I have most of WT's albums aside from their most recent one, and Mother Earth is my favorite of the bunch. If you want another Dutch band to check out, try Fallen One--I've heard some of their stuff, and I really like it.

Everyone; I think for groceries this week, I'll be asking for some taco stuff to ward off the cold. Of course, with this being only a couple of weeks away from my birthday, I guess I should expect the weather to start going down hill.

Also, from Zhuhai, Peugeot and Audi have the top 4 on the grid to themselves with .8 of a second covering all four cars. I've also seen the WEC schedule for 2012, and it's nothing much to write home about with 1 race in North America, 3 in Europe, 1 in Brazil, 1 in Japan, 1 in China, and 1 in Bahrain--make of the latter what you will.

On Robstenation, Billy Burke talks about Kristen, and it sort of applies to Rob, too, what Billy is talking about.

That's about all for now--I have a few things to tidy up before the last Secrets of World War II comes on that I want to possibly watch.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

Marielle ~ Epica is an awesome band. Have you heard of a band named Nightwish or Delain?

I went to my work last night and I watched Rob on Jimmy Fallon. So funny when they talk about the baby. The dart game...I laughed so hard.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

*Four pages down. Six to go!!*

Happy Saturday Everyone!!

I've been in the writing bubble nearly all week, so every moment I've spent outside of my word processor has pretty much been dedicated to my family or BD promo stuff. Christina was right, it's impossible to keep up. Fortunately, most everything is repetitive, and what is new/interesting/different gets Tweeted, or Facedbooked, or mentioned here so I know to go look at it or read it. Even still, it's all a bit... :dizzy: dizzying.

I still have much to read, but a couple of things:

Secret Santa~
As long as their just cyber-gifts in the same way we do "birthday gifts" and "Lexiversary gifts" then I'm all for it. Sign me up. :)

HH Awards~ Here's where you get to nominate me for most honest HH member... I'm honestly not a big fan of the idea. It is really unique and sounds lit could be fun, but I'm afraid that inevitably someone will get left out or end up with hurt feelings. That's just been my experience with these things. I also think something like might alienate people who have either been away for a while and want to pop back in, or lurking for a while and working up the courage to say hello. Of course, if I'm the only one who feels this way (and I don't know b/c I have to catch up on 6 more pages) please ignore me. Let's just be sure to orchestrate some sort of on-line "reunion" or something and extend an invitation to the founding members of the HH if we do an awards.

Alright, that's all for now. I have to take little lady to dance... again. LOL.

Enjoy your day! -Ginnie

Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Hey siblings. Good grief, I'm so far behind! I meant to getg on last night when I got home from work. Really, I did!! But, you see, yesterday was our board/staff retreat, which was held at Dave & Buster's, which is kind of like a grown up Chuck E Cheese. The boys ended up meeting me there for supper and we, as well as several of my colleagues families, played for several hours and by the time we got home, I was just exhausted. Right now, we're out getting errands run. The boys needed haircuts desperately and there's shopping to be done and some other things. But I promise I'll be on tonight with a massive megapost. I may even have dedtails and/or pictures from Twilight Tent City. TTYS!!!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Happy Saturday, Guy and Gals!

Soundtrack Question:
Does anyone know if any of the songs were actually commissioned for the movie? I mean, a few of them fit so perfectly if seems like they must have been. I'm thinking of Thousand Years and Turning Page specifically, and maybe Cold and a couple of others. What do you think?

Rob on Jimmy Fallon - He looked very happy and relaxed. He and Jimmy Fallon must get along well.
*side note - When, oh when, will Rob host SNL???? This MUST happen!* I loved how playful Rob was when doing the dart game. He was a little unsure at first, very adorable, very genuine. Still have to watch the Kimmel interview.

Caryn - I'm on the edge of my chair waiting for your MassiveMegaPost! Don't worry, we'll be patient. It's good that you checked in, though, so we know you're OK.

Ginnie - We're all so glad you've been writing. You have a standing excused absence from the HH as far as I'm concerned. ;) I was also a little worried about the Awards leaving someone out - In my reponse I said we'd have to make sure everyone gets an award so we keep the inclusiveness of the Halfway House. Still, if we could ensure that and we need to stay energized this winter/spring before the HHCON, it could work. We could have special awards for Newbies and Lurkers, so everyone gets an award. The awards would all have to be positive or just so wacky that you couldn't even tell if they were positive or negative!

Amy - Did you go into work just so you could watch Jimmy Fallon on the computer there? You are dedicated! I loved that dart game too! Rob is such a fun guy. Yes, Caryn does have some sort of dream power. I really loved your dream. It makes perfect sense to me.

Sean
- Wow! You sure are a night owl! Thanks for the rec on the Billy Burke interview. I love him! Lake effect snow - it must be very damp there. Up here in the winter it's very cold but the air is dry.

Tonise
- or should I call you Twinise? You're so lucky you still have many chapters of Arms to read. I'm all caught up and wanting more! Isn't it fabulous??? And to think we actually know the author!

Marielle - See! I'm posting on a Saturday - keeping the thread moving along, just like you asked! We actually have warmer weather than you do today. It's unseasonably warm and we still have a few leaves on the trees which is really strange for November 12. Global Warming. Yes, in the U.S. parents drive their kids around all over all the time until the kids get their driver's licenses at 16 and can borrow the car. Now you see the motivation to get a driver's License at 16. Also explains our later drinking age because the combination of a 16 year old inexperienced driver and alcohol is especially deadly.

Paula - Hi there! Hope you're feeling better.

Lynne - I'm sure you'll eventually have a RobDream. Maybe it just take a few more months of staring at his picture on the Halfway House thread. It will happen when you least expect it. A dream with Kristen in it counts and is worth reportiing, by the way. I've had a dream that she was one of my close, personal friends! :lol: More like one of my daughter's friends since they are the exact same age!

Talk to you all later!
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Susie - I know that Bruno Mars said that he wrote It Will Rain after watching the Twilight movies so maybe the others did the same? I'm not sure exactly how these things work, but I don't know if they would commission songs from specific artists, or just look for things that reflect the scenes. As I said earlier the lyrics aren't always important anyway when they choose songs, although it looks like BC may have taken that more on board with this one, as a lot of the lyrics seem to relate to the feeling of BD specifically.

Well, yesterday I went to a writers' conference! My boss holds one once a year, and this was the first one I have been to. A lot of published authors (mostly Christians writing for the Christian or mainstream market) were there, and I realised just how much I don't know about it all! I felt very naive about the whole business. I just wrote a book, I didn't know about structure edits, narrative hooks, POVs (well, I knew a bit about that, but not as much as I know now!), etc. My boss has still not told me anything about my book, although she keeps saying things like "we'll publish one of yours someday!" Doesn't mean it will be this one, though, and that will be a shame.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

Susie: I do think that Kristen and Rob are both misunderstood by people, mostly because some people perpetuate all kinds of rumors that have been disproven, and "facts" that have also been ruled as nonsense.

Everyone: I have to admit that I've had some Kristen-influenced dreams: Namely, waking up to either Bella or my other OC fan fic character that she influenced in bed while she's reading. It's not much of an encounter, ususally just Bella or Melinda saying "Hi" and other low-key stuff, but I do imagine that Kristen and Rob have a rather low-key romance built on simple things, which is what I like--simple, low-key, and sane, the latter is what I most like about them.

I do have a feeling that both of them may be a bit eccentric, especially Kristen, but those people are actually often the most grounded.

Anyways, my aircraft brochures arrived today--I haven't opened them yet, and I don't even know if my older brother had them mailed her in his name (it was his Ebay account, after all). I have the package they arrived in in my room where it's safer than the kitchen where we have our cats ransacking about.

Update: I opened the package, and I'm happy with what I got. They're in pretty good condition for something that's about 15 years old, and my only problem is that they measurements are in metric and and not English, but I'm not complaining too much, because I mostly bought them for the photographs and illustrations.

Aside from that, I have no idea what I'm gonna do tonight. I did have my fried chicken (as advertised?), and tried some chicken noodle soup with taco seasoning mixed in. It was pretty good, if a little salty. But I don't know what's on TV, but from what I've seen, it's kinda boring tonight. Good thing I have the PS2, and the old laptop. With "my" racing season over after tonight, I can spend the next 3+ months doing stuff on there I want to do, though I still need to get my brother to update Microsoft Word so I can get back to typing my stories.

So I'll be on here off and on most of tonight.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

I've just booked my ticket to BD on Friday! Sooooooo excited! The site told me that there are 4 days and 17 hours until the movie!!!! Oh, I hope it's good!