Name the Movie from the Quote

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Re: Name the Movie from the Quote

Post by cullengirl »

"I don't tip because society says I have to. Alright, I tip when somebody really deserves a tip. If they put forth an effort, I'll give them something extra. But I mean, this tipping automatically, that's for the birds. As far as I'm concerned they're just doing their job."

That's from Reservoir Dogs.

Next: "Here I was born, and there I died. It was only a moment for you; you took no notice. "
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
Jacobs-girl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jacobs-girl »

"Here I was born, and there I died. It was only a moment for you; you took no notice."

That is from Vertigo.

Next:

"Me? I'm scared of everything. I'm scared of what I saw, I'm scared of what I did, of who I am, and most of all I'm scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I'm with you."
"You want a nice stereo? Drive your own car"" (Bella, New Moon, ch. 1)

"They’re just cliff diving, Bella. Recreation. La Push doesn’t have a mall, you know" (Jacob, New Moon, ch. 7)
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

"Me? I'm scared of everything. I'm scared of what I saw, I'm scared of what I did, of who I am, and most of all I'm scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I'm with you."

That's from Dirty Dancing......Nobody puts Baby in the corner.

The Skeksis, with their hard and twisted bodies, their harsh and twisted wills. For a thousand years they have ruled. Yet now, there are only ten: a dying race, ruled by a dying Emperor, imprisoned within themselves in a dying land.
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

The Skeksis, with their hard and twisted bodies, their harsh and twisted wills. For a thousand years they have ruled. Yet now, there are only ten: a dying race, ruled by a dying Emperor, imprisoned within themselves in a dying land.

That is from The Dark Crystal

Next:

Still got those half starved hounds? How on earth do you manage to feed 'em?

Oh we live off the country. Rabbits, deer, a stray hiker or two.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

"Still got those half starved hounds? How on earth do you manage to feed 'em?
Oh we live off the country. Rabbits, deer, a stray hiker or two."

That's from I know where I'm going

Next: Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
Jacobs-girl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jacobs-girl »

"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese"

That is from Benny and Joon.

Next: "Don't bother me anymore, and don't call me sugar"
"You want a nice stereo? Drive your own car"" (Bella, New Moon, ch. 1)

"They’re just cliff diving, Bella. Recreation. La Push doesn’t have a mall, you know" (Jacob, New Moon, ch. 7)
Keeper of the Lex's Sonic Screwdriver

Post by 24601 »

Jacobs-girl wrote:Next: "Don't bother me anymore, and don't call me sugar"
Gone with the Wind

Next:

"Mulberry Street... and Worth... Cross and Orange... and Little Water. Each of the Five Points is a finger. When I close my hand it becomes a fist. And, if I wish, I can turn it against you."
Noli improbos sinere te conterere
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

"Mulberry Street... and Worth... Cross and Orange... and Little Water. Each of the Five Points is a finger. When I close my hand it becomes a fist. And, if I wish, I can turn it against you."

That is from Gangs of New York

Next:

A vicious mother, isn't he?

He can't do that to our pledges.
Only we can do that to our pledges.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

That's from Animal House.

Now one that's from an Australian movie, but I think a few Americans here should recognise it easily.

- Mick, give him your wallet!
- What for?
- He's got a knife!
- That's not a knife. That's a knife!
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

- Mick, give him your wallet!
- What for?
- He's got a knife!
- That's not a knife. That's a knife!

That's from Crocodile Dundee; I remember when everyone in sight was quoting that line.

Here's one from another Australian film (some of us Americans do watch the occasional Australian film :) )

This is a true story - story of my sister Daisy, my cousin Gracie and me when we were little. Our people, the Jigalong mob, we were desert people then, walking all over our land. My mum told me about how the white people came to our country. They made a storehouse here at Jigalong - brought clothes and other things - flour, tobacco, tea. Gave them to us on ration day. We came there, made a camp nearby. They were building a long fence.