Rob's Halfway House - #9

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #9

Post by Jazz Girl »

GAH!!!! 12 hours and 15 minutes!!!! Sweet Jesus, but I've been totally useless all morning at work. All I can think is, 'how will they do x?' and 'will they leave in that line?' Argh, the waiting is killing me!!!

Anyways, thankfully, I've got to get my focus. I have a few things this afternoon that will require me concentration. I only stopped in to say..

Happy Birthday, Susie!!!

What a day to be celebrating, sister! Enjoy it. Something tells me it'll be the best ever. :D

I'll likely be posting from the theater. See you all later!
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
lulu
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lulu »

had to stop by here to wish the amazing susie a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

love you!
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Just got home!!! The Philippine Breaking Dawn Part 1 Premier was wild, utter chaos and as usual so much fun to be part of.

Now that I'm fed, watered and on leave tomorrow both in work and auntie/nanny duty I'm so ready to do an all nighter again. Let me just tell you my experience tonight and I'll leave anything spoilerish in the spoiler thread :D

I did mention that the venue of the premier was on the other side of town from where I work. Usually it takes at least 1 1/2 hours to get there even when one take the metro train but guess what yours truly made it in 50 minutes tops with 1 bathroom break. I stop pretending to be busy at around 4pm :lol: , that is such a hard task to prove besides one of my officemate outed me by asking what time the screening is in front of my boss :roll: . So from the moment the clock strikes 6 I'm already out of the office and as soon as I'm out of the elevator I was literary sprinting the 3 blocks distance to the metro train. It's a good thing there is no dress code at the office so I can wear jeans and sneakers on a Thursday which makes it comfortable to run. 6pm is the height of rush hour here and I come prepared by purchasing prepaid tickets last week to the metro train which means I don't need to get in a long and slow line to get one. Then once I'm inside the station, thankfully I don't have to wait long for the train and the 1st car is usually reserved for women, children and the seniors are not too full so I was able to get in. Then another short bus ride and I'm at the venue, after a short bathroom break I'm running again to get to the theater which I expect was now full of people. And I'm not disappointed, the waiting area is jam packed and the lines are in a very long crazy zigzag. So I got back to end of the line and waited patiently with the rest. It was past 7pm at that time and there are still a lot of people coming in, what surprised me more is that there are lots of males in line. During the previous Twilight movies there are only quite a handful of them, some that I saw back then were boyfriends or husbands coming with their girlfriends and wives to indulge them or dads with their younger kids but tonight there were literary groups of guys from different age brackets. Wow!

The organizers are running a bit late, it was past 8pm when they started letting us in on the theater. And by that time it was starting to get chaotic outside and some are getting restless. Our tickets is supposed to come with a free BD 2012 calendar that was to be given before we enter the theater but at the door there are a lot of people who inspects our tickets and at that time I was more concerned in getting good seats than finding out where the guy who's supposed to be giving out the freebies so I just let it go :( . I get good seats, not the best considering there are lots of people inside by the time I get in, but still good. There's a short program/ticket raffles from the sponsor then the customary trailers showing. No Hunger Games trailer for us though. Then at around 8.40pm the movie starts. As soon as the theater dims their lights there were a lot of cheering and cat calls and whistles then it all quiets down to a hush as the opening credits rolls in.

I always liked watching Twilight movies during the premier and sponsored screenings than the normal screenings. The crowd is so different, its a different experience watching the movie with the fellow enthusiasts. Those who understands the deeper meaning of the saga. I don't mind hearing some comments in the crowd during this time because there is some actual sense with what they're saying. It always annoys me when I hear teenage girls giggling at my back to "how beautiful Taylor's abs is". Come on!!

So all in all it was a great premier experience I can't wait for the finale next year. It's bound to be more epic...
Oh and even though I didn't get my free 2012 BD calendar I manage to score 2 new BD posters in exchange for the Eclipse poster that was ruined when we moved to our new house. 1 is in glossy form, hard paper and printed back to back and the other 1 is the typical BD movie poster. And because I could help it here I took a picture :lol: :

poster 1 front
poster 1 back
poster 2

Anyways I better head to the spoiler thread. I'm sort of tired. I still have 2 screenings tomorrow, or should I say later today. 1 in the afternoon which is just a regular screening and 1 in the evening which is the block screening sponsored by Twilight Coven Philippines. Which reminds me I also need to review BD book they always have games right before the movie started and they give awesome prizes for this games.

To all of you ladies who would be watching later today. Enjoy your screening and may I remind everyone to not leave your seats even though the end credits are rolling. Stick until the very end. 'Nuff said...

Laters. :bye:
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Thank you all for the lovely birthday wishes!!

I'm off to have lunch with my mom - I'm so lucky to still have her around!!

Then, it is off to my hotel to meet my friend from 7th grade.

Then at 5:30 we're off to meet the other two gals at the VIP Lounge for dinner and drinks

Then at 7:00 BREAKING DAWN PART 1!!!!!!

LESS THAN 6 HOURS!!!
fi_fi
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Trying to be 100 places at once while, with a To Do List that never gets any shorter!

Post by fi_fi »

Hello All.
Long time no see, I know, I just had to pop in to say
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUSIE!!!

Hope you're having a great day - how sweet of Rob to arrange BD just for your special day!

4 hours and 26 minutes until I'm sitting in the cinema.... I have so many butterflies in my stomach, I don't think I'll be able to eat dinner!

Hope you're all well
love fi xx
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

Happy Birthday Susie!
I hope you'll have a fabulous day, which I’m sure you will with the viewing of BD1. :D

Ginnie – I’m sure your family will be supportive about your writing. They don’t necessarily have to love the story, but they’re your family so I’m sure they’ll support you in what you want to do. Although I wish I could take my own advice sometimes; I can get pretty nervous about telling my family Twilight related stuff too. Have you heard from your sister yet? Is she a Twilight fan?

Sean – I’ve seen the pictures of Rob and Taylor holding their arms around Kristen and supporting her and I’ve read the stories, but I haven’t actually seen it. Is there a clip of it? I’ve seen a few interviews with Mackenzie. She’s so cute and so sweet about Rob and Kris! You haven’t seen WTTR!? You have to! Kristen is A.MA.ZING in this movie! It’s my favourite movie of her outside Twilight. Go rent or buy it right now! ;)

Tracy – I look forward to hearing everyone’s thoughts on BD too. It’s kinda quiet in the spoilers thread as of now, hihi. But I can guarantee we’ll have lots to talk about. I love the EW photoshoot! I always love the EW shoots in fact. And uhm… Yes, you’ll have to change your location… Uhum, what was I saying again? Sorry, just had a little flashback. ;)

Marielle – Hihi, that’s too bad. I didn’t go to the bookstore today after all anyways. I wasn’t feeling too well this morning and decided I would go tomorrow. What’s the Margriet fair? Is it from the magazine Margriet? Totally jealous that you got to see BD three times already, though. One time is just not enough, hihi. I think I can convince my sister to go again next week though. She really enjoyed the movie too. She says she moved on from Rob to this guy though, hihi. He’s from the MTV show Awkward in case you’re wondering. I still prefer Rob. ;)

Jaclyn – I agree with what Marielle and Kayla said about Jacob’s part being really well done this time around. Taylor really stepped it up a lot and Bill Condon did an amazing job with all those tricky storylines. But of course that’s just my opinion. I hope you’ll be happy with it as well.

Raine – Loved your detailed description of the BD premier. Glad you had a nice time and I can’t wait to hear what you thought of the movie. (I’ll be checking the spoilers thread in a bit. ;) )

Oh my gosh, you guys! (Why do I feel like I’ve said that like a million times in the past couple of days… I’m turning into one of those annoying people you see on Extreme Home Makeover that just yell OMG all the time… I guess that’s what all this excitement around the premier will do to you, hihi. Anyways…) The EW shoot is so HOT!

I had chicken for dinner tonight, but for some reason I couldn’t really enjoy it… You’ll know what I’m talking about once you’ve seen BD. ;)

To everyone who is seeing BD tonight: HAVE FUN! I hope you’ll like it as much as I did. :)
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SUSIE!

The best gift is BD1! I wanted to get you pix of the Barcelona premiere but I still can't find any up - Twilightish has some video clips, though, with Rob and the journalist speaking English, and Rob looks really, really good. (No Kris tho, she stayed in London to film, right?)

Thanks to Raine for that great description of the Phillipines opening night! Counting down in the States - right now it's almost 5 pm on the East Coast, 4 pm for you, right, Susie?, and nearly 2pm for me on the West Coast. (Somewhere in the middle is the other time zone.) 10 HOURS LEFT! My first Twipremiere! So glad that I can share this with you! So excited I can't settle down!

PS My Target had the soundtrack for 13.99 (grr) so I downloaded the deluxe from Amazon for 12.99! Now I have tunes to listen to while waiting for the movie tonight!
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

omg!!!.... can I have a fangirl moment!!!???

I just got back from my 3rd viewing (yeah sorry)... but I just noticed... Rob has two small round scars on his back... they are the same as I have and on the same place!!!!
Have a look when you see the movie, he has 2 white dots on his back... I have them too and in the same location!!!!!

I got a healthy dosis of smut ideas today from the movie, today my focus was totally on Rob...and GAH...he gets better everytime I see it!!!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
lulu
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lulu »

oh my gosh, i have like 9 hours left!

ok, i was watching all the videos the lex put up from the LA premiere. the mtv one with josh and stephenie meyer made me realize i'm totally going to cry during this movie! i've been riding this huge excitement to see it, i didn't really think much about details. but i know that scene where bella is pretty much dead after birthing renesmee and there's that moment of dread worrying about losing your soul mate...oh man, that is heart-wrenching! i'm going to bawl like a baby!!!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi Everyone :)

I don't have much to report yet. Only some new interviews and a spoiler post on Robstenation, as well as some LQ shots of Kristen on Conan tonight. Since we have your own spoilers section, vist the post on Robstenation at your own risk :)

As for me, I'll be chowin' down on a pizza while watching B&B waiting for Conan t come on. From what I've seen, it's the same as when Kristen previously visited Mr. O'Brien--warm and cordial. But there's not good shots of her dress--they've only shown the very top of it..

There's also been some Ellen photos released--if you're on the Kristen Stewart fans Facebook page or maybe Robstenation (which has a couple), Kristen does make a fashion move she's rarely if ever done--worn nylons/tights with her dress--I never expected that, but maybe KS wanted to be a bit more descreet, since Ellen is a family or G/PG rated show :).

As for me, I don't have the money or desire to go to theaters to watch, so I'll wait for the dollar movie presentation, so instead, I'll be watching either B&B reruns, or "Missions that Changed the War", these episodes being about the Enola Gay B-29 raid on Hiroshima the lead to the end of World War II.

I'll be back later :) Hopefully everyone will come down from their BD/Robsten highs long enough to post soon, because I know that what you're all preparing for now with the NA BD premiere only hours away now :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/