Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Breaking Dawn Official Soundtrack

Post by cullengirl »

A place to discuss the official soundtrack for the movie.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Breaking Dawn Official Soundtrack

Post by marielle »

I really don't like the soundtrack... there were 2 songs that I thought were placed good... I loved the Flightless bird song and the song they played when Jacob and leah were out waiting for something to happen while Bella gets worse and worse..

the score was perfect though!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

I actually really loved the soundtrack! (and the score - so happy they CB back & loved that they used bits from Bella's lullaby in it!).

Even before I saw the movie, Turning Page was the song I had on repeat in my car... now that I know how it is used in the film (and the instrumental version during the wedding!!), it is defo my favourite song!

I really am confused about one thing though... why wasn't A Thousand Years in the film though?? Unless it was the third song in the credits? But surely that would be weird... unless I just missed it somewhere??
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
mollzk5
Settled in Forks

Post by mollzk5 »

The Christina Perri song was the very last credits song. Sad that it wasnt in the movie! :( Does anyone know that name of the song that plays as Bella and Edward drive away from the reception and you hear Jacob howl? Its not on the soundtrack and I can't find it anywhere!
Last edited by mollzk5 on Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Post by Nena »

I loved that song mollzk5 and I have no idea where to find it either :(
Jacobs-girl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jacobs-girl »

I love the BD soundtrack and it's frequently on repeat on my iPod (literally, I listen to it every day at the moment because I like it so much!) My favorite songs from it are "Turning Page" by Sleeping At Last (so gorgeously dreamy and romantic), "From Now On" by The Features (fun!), "I Didn't Mean It" by The Belle Brigade and "Love Death Birth" by Carter Burwell.

Some of the songs which are featured on the soundtrack have inspired me to seek out more music by the same bands and artists - I have discovered some great new music, especially by The Belle Brigade. By the way, when was "I Didn't Mean It" played in BD? I don't remember hearing it...was it on during the credits?

My only complaint is that the soundtrack wasn't played enough during BD...I didn't even notice when they played "It Will Rain" (by Bruno Mars), "Neighbors" (by Theophilus London) and "Northern Lights" by Cider Sky. Surely they can't all be in the credits?
"You want a nice stereo? Drive your own car"" (Bella, New Moon, ch. 1)

"They’re just cliff diving, Bella. Recreation. La Push doesn’t have a mall, you know" (Jacob, New Moon, ch. 7)
Jacobs-girl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jacobs-girl »

Nena wrote:I loved that song mollzk5 and I have no idea where to find it either :(
Me too. If anyone knows, please tell us!
"You want a nice stereo? Drive your own car"" (Bella, New Moon, ch. 1)

"They’re just cliff diving, Bella. Recreation. La Push doesn’t have a mall, you know" (Jacob, New Moon, ch. 7)
mollzk5
Settled in Forks

Post by mollzk5 »

Jacobs-girl wrote:I love the BD soundtrack and it's frequently on repeat on my iPod (literally, I listen to it every day at the moment because I like it so much!) My favorite songs from it are "Turning Page" by Sleeping At Last (so gorgeously dreamy and romantic), "From Now On" by The Features (fun!), "I Didn't Mean It" by The Belle Brigade and "Love Death Birth" by Carter Burwell.

Some of the songs which are featured on the soundtrack have inspired me to seek out more music by the same bands and artists - I have discovered some great new music, especially by The Belle Brigade. By the way, when was "I Didn't Mean It" played in BD? I don't remember hearing it...was it on during the credits?

My only complaint is that the soundtrack wasn't played enough during BD...I didn't even notice when they played "It Will Rain" (by Bruno Mars), "Neighbors" (by Theophilus London) and "Northern Lights" by Cider Sky. Surely they can't all be in the credits?

"I Didn't Mean It" played during the Volturi scene in the credits. Did you stay long enough to see that scene!? :) A lot of people didnt! :o "It Will Rain" plays briefly when they walk out of the house after the reception and also is the 2nd credits song. "Neighbors" plays in the background during reception, and "Northern Lights" plays when Jacob and Bella are dancing. You can barely hear any of the reception songs, gotta REALLY listen for those!!

Anyone find out the song yet that plays when they are in the car leaving the reception and Jacob howls?? REALLY wanna know! Its the only one I havent found :(
BreakingDawn[HeavenSent]
Settled in Forks

Post by BreakingDawn[HeavenSent] »

:clap: This is by far my favorite soundtrack of all the movies. I like pretty much EVERY song on it which is saying something for me! I really do wish too that they would have actually put "A Thousand Years" in the movie and not just the end credits, but if that's the only complaint I have then they did a great job! :D I'm in agreeance with all of you too about "Turning Page" wow, what a song and how perfect was it that they put it where they did in the movie! I bought the soundtrack the day it came out and have listened to it obsessively ever since. "Requiem on Water" was a great song too, I loved how they put it with Bella when she realized how much she loved "EJ" ;) I wish someone could post where ALL the songs were in the movie though, I know where most of them are, but if I could find out where every single one is located in the movie, that would be just awesome. Maybe it will help me like the ones I don't care for! Either way, Job well done creators of Breaking Dawn Soundtrack! :clap:
BreakingDawn[HeavenSent]
Settled in Forks

Post by BreakingDawn[HeavenSent] »

openfire wrote: I really am confused about one thing though... why wasn't A Thousand Years in the film though?? Unless it was the third song in the credits? But surely that would be weird... unless I just missed it somewhere??
I read somewhere that the non-lyrical version of it was played at the beginning of Bella walking down the aisle, but if you ask me that was the beginning of "Turning Page" not "A Thousand Years". Maybe someone else knows for sure. They play the actual whole song at the end of the movie though, during the credits.