Rob's Halfway House - #9

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #9 **OPEN FOR SPOILERS**

Post by missp »

Hi, Y'al!! Happy Thanksgiving Eve!! :D One of my bestest teacher-buds that I got into the books this summer wants to go see BD1 tonight... possibly. If she goes to the 7 pm show, I can go. I am making green beans and rolls for our church Thanksgiving dinner for the inmates of a county jail in a neighboring county, and have to deliver the food at 5:30, so a 4:30 viewing will be out of the question. I am suffering from a case of "money running out before the month" anyway, so I'm not sure I should be as irresponsible as to go again this weekend anyway. We'll see how it plays out. I would REALLY love to go for the 5th viewing. I'm having some withdrawals! :lol:

The rest of the day until time to cook will be spent WRITING!!! :clap:

Y'all have a great day!! :)
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

Good morning and Happy Hump day.

Tonsie ~ All I have to say is....go to the movies. I will be on my second viewing next weekend. Ya that's right, I said second. It's so much more fun to go with another fan.

Desiree ~ You know, I thought the same thing. Maybe it was too much CGI work?? I was happy too that the wolf pack had clothes on this time.

Suzan ~ I love the gif(s). Nice hump day pic. I worked for an eye doctor for almost six years. I bought me a pair of movie contacts once. Let me tell you... they are thick and uncomfortable. After a few hours or so they get real itchy and dry.

Sean ~ I grew up watching Beavis & Butthead. I used to have braces at the time and I have brown hair, so my brother used to call me AmyHead. What was your favorite episode? Mine is when B&B went couch fishing.

Marielle ~ Wouldn't that be crazy to read the series from Edward's POV. Do you think that The Book That Shall Not Be Named will ever be finished? In my own theory, I think that SM (if she does finish it) will release it after the second BD movie. If you think about it, after the movie, what is left for the fans? We would want more so here comes The Book.

Susie ~ I am so intrigued that you go to a VIP movie theater. To me, it's kind of unheard of. I live in a small city probably about the size of Forks, so something like that is interesting. Do they sell any type of
Breaking Dawn merchandise there?

I will try to jump on the Lex today. I am caught up in yet another fanfiction. It's real good. Edward was sentanced to live in prison for the killing of Bella's mom, but did he really do it?
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

*sneaks in the window of her HH bedroom*

*Leaves a note on the refridgerator door*

*sneaks back out*

Dear siblings~
So sorry I've been essentially MIA since the big day. Life went from 0 to 90 in the blink of an eye and between work, trainings, reports, a touch of the sickies, and getting ready for holidays and birthdays, I have literally had no time to do anything. I did force myself this morning to sit down and write out my full review of BD, which is what I've been doing for the last 2 hours. It is posted on the BD thoughts thread. Feel free to hop over and check it out if your interested. Also, I don't know if anyone posted the link to an OpEd piece published in Time Magazine about Twilight haters, but, you really should give it a read. If you can bring yourself to read the comments, you'll see where else I've been spending a bit of time. I plan on spending a goodly amount of time catching up on my phone while we're driving tonight, so I'll try to post a ultra mega post tonight, just in time for everyone in the US to be consumed with consuming for Thanksgiving. As I mentioned, we're travelling tonight and we've got Thanksgiving football tomorrow. So, I wanted to make sure I got on and wished all my siblings in the US a happy and safe holiday. I've missed you all and home more than you know. Be back soon...
C~

PS Desiree~ The sparkle is there, it's just very subtle. It is most noticeable when they do the cliff jump.

And, finally, because I'm just right there right now,

Happy Hump Day!!
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Happy Hump Day all!

I was planning on hanging around here all night, catching up here & on the BD threads, but my bf just asked if I want to go see BD tonight!!! Erm, let me think.... YES!!

So gotta rush dinner & get there before it starts.

Just wanted to say though:

Marielle - Sorry there hasn't been many posts. It is weird. Especially since Susie & Caryn are hardly posting!! :(

Lulu - Just wanted to say that Bella maybe doesn't smile as much as you would expect when walking down the aisle etc, but the way I see is, she is uncomfortable with people looking at etc, and she is so nervous. When she sees Edward, she doesn't smile a huge smile, but their eyes lock & you can see how much she loves him & how happy she actually is to be marrying him. And Edward of course, looks estastic LOL!
And during Isle Esme, they do nothing but smile big toothy grins (well, until Bella eats some bad chicken ;) ) LOL.
So yep, they are happy happy happy! I can't wait to hear what you think next time you watch it!

Caryn - I am so happy you posted!!! I really was getting worried!! I dont' have time to read your post in the spoiler thread just now, but I will tomorrow hopefully. I am sure it will be a very good read! ;)

Ok, that's me off to have tea & then head to the cinema. Bye!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Mega Post Make-up!!

Is anyone else thinking Summit is preparing for a possible sequel to Breaking Dawn Part 2? I mean they’ve got the perfect grown up Reneesme….I wonder if they’ve told her to stand by. Now this brings us to the unfortunate possibility of a sequel just as a film without a book and written by MR. What we want is a book first, right??? Anyway – Do you think the cast would come back??

Marielle
- I loved your Cullen family dream! It sounds like my kind of dream. And your Stephenie Meyer dream? Well, that actually might come true! Oh my gosh! Your pics reminded me that I haven’t bought EW yet!! Yikes! Sorry your bf didn’t make the appropriate response on the Bella wedding dress.

Raine – You sure have a lot of fun with your friends! Maybe that’s why I decided to take after your example and have a little party of my own.

Tracy – Loved your review, but haven’t been able to digest it all yet. When is your second viewing planned? I want Part 2 now too!! (except that then it will be over. Boo hoo) Love that Rio pic. Have a great Thanksgiving at your in-laws.

Lynne – Do you save your change in a jar or in your car’s ash tray? Maybe you have enough for a matinee showing!

Suzan
– Thanksgiving is the 4th Thursday in November. I’ll bet you look beautiful in contacts! You’ll get used to them soon. Thanks for the links to the positive reviews. I’ll have to make time to read them.

NewJen – I’ll bet you’ll like the music better on subsequent viewings. Let me know. Also get the soundtrack and listen to it in your car. That should do it. Hunger Games – I think it looks like an excellent adaptation. I’ll be going to that for sure. Maybe not the midnight show, though….. or maybe!

Karena
– Hi! Nice to see you back here. Thanks for the birthday wishes. Sorry about your annoying seatmate!

Paula – So glad you got to see the movie with Marielle! Awww!

Brenda – You were so smart to wait to go to the theatre since it was just you and singles would be easy to find. Sorry about your hubs!! How scary for you to come home to that!

Trine!!! So good to see you on the thread! I loved your thorough review of the movie. Agree that Taylor was great in this movie. Good for him!

Desiree
– I think Edward was looking at the full moon and probably thinking about his soul. I agree about the wolves finally wearing shirts. I know why. It’s because Jake isn’t an option for Bella anymore, so she doesn’t need to be tantalized by his chest.

Tonise – Good for you helping out with the Thanksgiving meal for the inmates. You’ve already seen it 4 times – well it IS good for the soul. Are you an Extras member at ICON? I got into a matinee in the VIP theatre for just $5 yesterday. I’m so glad you’ve been writing! Can I still be your beta?

Amy – The theatre has positioned itself as upscale for adults (but not an adult theatre!) Under 16 are not admitted in the evenings unless with an adult. They don’t want it to be a pre-teen/teen hangout. Two of the screens have VIP 21+ balconies. The seats are leather and very comfy – they are two by two with little tables between. The arm rests go up so that if you are with your sweetie, you can lift it up and cuddle. Upstairs where the VIP seating is, there is a beautiful bar/lounge area with a full menu. You can take your food and drink into the VIP theatre in real glasses and on real plates! Or you can just stay in the lounge area before or after the movie, even if your ticket is for the regular seating. It is so fun. No Breaking Dawn merchandise. Oh, and the popcorn is served with real butter!

Caryn
– I knew you’d be busy either watching BD1 again and again, or reading about it, or writing about it. Oh yeah, and then working and taking care of your family too!!! I will definitely have to read your review when I get some free time. Have a safe trip to your Thanksgiving destination.

Jaclyn – It’s not hard to talk yourself into another viewing, is it? I’m planning one for Saturday! Loved all your thoughts on the movie!

Sean – When will you be able to see Breaking Dawn? I think that an early matinee during the week next week would be very sparsely attended, so you wouldn’t have to deal with crowds, and also you’d only have to pay the matinee rate. Can’t wait to hear what you think of it!

Austin – Wow. It is a credit to the Halfway House that we are attracting TwiGuys from other threads! I’ve read some of your commentary elsewhere and you are rather clever, aren’t you? I’m Susie and I’m pretty sure I’m older than you cause I’m the Elder here and I make a point of telling everyone that. I don’t look it though (I’ve been told).

Lulu – I’m enjoying the soundtrack a lot more now that I’ve seen the movie. I still can’t place a couple of them – Neighbors??? I should check the Soundtrack thread and see what people are saying there.

Christina
– I can’t believe the way your theatre handled the special advanced screening! You should write a letter of complaint (even though I’m sure nothing will be done about it these days) I loved reading your little review of the movie.

Rachel – I can’t wait until you can see the movie too! It’s amazing that you’ve been able to keep your blinders on! Can’t wait to hear what you thought of it.

Gotta go pick up Sonny Boy at college now. Then I'm picking up Daughter Dear!! We'll all be together again.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO MY AMERICAN FRIENDS.

Have a great weekend everyone else!

Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Suzan - yes, my accent is not a particularly strong one generally. I can put it on, though, if required. It's because I'm half English, and my father still speaks with a bit of an English accent himself. I pick it up from him, although I have started to sound even more Australian since I moved out of home! I'm glad I didn't come across big headed in the review!

Desiree - apparently they either forgot or couldn't be bothered to worry about the sparkling. Rob mentioned its absence in an interview. Not sure about the wedding ring, though. Rob also commented that they had to stand on boxes in the water so they could get the shot right, and the current was so strong, they were nearly swept off them!

Tonise - 5th time!!! I haven't even got there for the second yet! :(

Amy - although I don't think it's definite, I too think that the Book that Shall not be Named might be out after BD 2, or perhaps we'll have to wait until 2015 for Twilight's 10 year anniversary.

Caryn - I'll have to look at your detailed review later. No time now!!!

Susie - I'm one of those people who picks up every coin she can find and makes the money stretch as far as it can, so there is, unfortunately, never any spare cash floating around in this house!
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Quick fly by from my phone!

Just on the way home from my 5th viewing - I still hope to go next week but might have to stop there :(

Anyways, it was still great. I was a dork and took a pen and paper this time LOL as there was a couple things I kept forgetting to either tell you guys that I loved,or wanted to ask you a question on LOL.

Anyways, I will be back tomorrow!

Bye!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

Happy Thanksgiving eve :) I'll try and be online as much as I can tonight because I'm not sure about tomorrow, since the kitchen (where I usually use my laptop) and myself will likely be very busy tomorrow, so the earliest that I can get online tomorrow is tomorrow night.

Some comments:

Marielle, Lynne, and Suzan: Now do you wonder why I'd like to give Kristen a big hug and have her and Rob stay where I live, where it's secluded and we have firearms on our property? As well as a sign that if they carry concealed weapons, we can have them arrested or sued unless they have our permission? And that they'd be living in a "stand your ground" state? I don't think a stalker will get far here without being arrested, sent to the hospital, or worse. We don't have a high tolerance for malicious killers here in the states.

On a more serious note, I don't know why some of these people think that way, like if for whatever reason Kristen and Rob were separated, that one or the other would come to them. I don't understand that logic, as it, in the worlds of Spock from Star Trek, is "most illogical". Am I a little jealous of Rob? Every now and then, as he's 25 (which I'll be on Sunday) and he has more money than I'll ever see, and while some women try and throw themselves at him, he's able to fight them off and be with the girl he loves, which of course I love to :) But I'm realistic. Rob may be with "my girl", but at least he takes care of her and treats her like a woman should be treated. Of course, I'm jealous of Kristen a bit, too, because she's younger than me and has more money than I'll ever see and seems like the perfect woman for me, and is a whole helluva lot hotter than I would be if I were female, I'll tell you that :lol: Of course, Kristen might wanna kick the crap out of me for saying that she's "hot", but she is!

Caryn: Speaking of that, I have a joke to share with you about Kristen vs Tony Stewart, and I have several of them, actually, though you might take one made by me and my little brother to be offensive on the parts of Kristen and Smoke. Speaking of Smoke, Speed.com has an interview with Tony about winning his third Cup. You'll have to PM me or ask me on Facebook for these, as they're definitely questionable content on this forum.

Suzan: I though that I was getting sick today, as I was a sleep but I kept getting hot and had trouble sleeping. But at least I'm fine now.

Amy: I sort of grew up with B&B, too. My father though that they were hilarious, and he's been watching the new episodes, too. He watched stuff, at least stuff that's not military related, like South Park and George Carlin specials. He even has an old Eddie Murphy vinyl record, which he said "makes George sound like he's at church."

As for B&B, I don't have an absolute favorite episode, but several stand out, such as "Murder Site", "Pipe of Doom", "Manners Suck" and "Werewolves of Highland High", as well as a couple of double entendre titles.

Everyone: I'll try and be on line as much as possible tonight, because I don't know about tomorrow. But if I don't get online tomorrow, here's a present from me, a good Florence and the Machine cover I saw recently:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdwIiatsZ_Y

Happy Thanksgiving. I'll be back later :)

PS: I have another present, with accounts of Kristen and Rob at a Marcus Foster concert at Robstenation:

http://robstenation.blogspot.com/2011/1 ... .html#more
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Yes, now that I've lived through and beyond (a fair way beyond!) my teenage years, I can put my liking for Rob in the proper perspective. I think he's easy on the eye ;) , shows a promising acting talent, and seems well brought up and good natured. He seems like a bit of a thinker so if we did ever meet we might find something to talk about, and hopefully we'd have a nice conversation, but even if I was single just because I think he's good looking and nice doesn't mean that I think we'd ever have any kind of relationship! It just doesn't work that way in reality.
newtonscricket
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by newtonscricket »

Desiree's husband wrote:how come Edward isn't sparkling while he is on the island.
:shock: I said something was missing! How could I not notice that? How could they skip it?

Susie, the VIP lounge sounds like it would "work" for me!
marielle wrote:Some news on the Wedding dress…. Apparently it will be on sale in stores!!!! I have already asked my bf if he ever plans on marrying me because than I should already buy that dress!!! But his answer wasn’t very positive…
Hmppff! I think you should buy the dress. If he asks why just give him a mysterious smile.
Suzan wrote:Little question: When exactly is Thanksgiving? I know essentially why and how you guys celebrate it, but I always get confused with the dates.
I missed it if someone else answered this. USA Thanksgiving is the fourth Thursday of November, so the date skips around. This year it's tomorrow, Nov 24. Canadians celebrate a Thanksgiving holiday on the second Monday in October.

Happy Thanksgiving to those celebrating it and safe travels to those traveling.

I am NOT traveling for which I am truly thankful! We're going to my parents (50 minutes away) and it will just be us, so nice and low key. I made butternut soup today and piecrust for an apple pie tomorrow. Also making rolls, which is all my kids will eat anyway.

And I'm thankful for you Rob!