Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Post by Openhome »

This thread is now open for spoilers. Just so you know. :D

By the way, did anyone notice that the movie changed the canon of vampire hair?
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

Openhome wrote:This thread is now open for spoilers. Just so you know. :D

By the way, did anyone notice that the movie changed the canon of vampire hair?
It did?? How?
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Stephenie clearly stated here that vampire hair does NOT CHANGE during transformation. Not at all. But in the movies, her hair changes as she does.
Interesting, isn't it?
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

I just finished a fanfic called Creature of Habit by EZRockAngel.
I loved it. It is a completed fic. In my own summary human Bella gets a job for Vampire Edward working in his own home. Some funny parts, a little ooc and canon. Just check it out. It is rated M, more so for language. You get a few lemons towards the end.
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Openhome wrote:Stephenie clearly stated here that vampire hair does NOT CHANGE during transformation. Not at all. But in the movies, her hair changes as she does.
Interesting, isn't it?
Oh yeah. I totally didn't even realise that!! :shock:
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

openfire wrote:
Openhome wrote:Stephenie clearly stated here that vampire hair does NOT CHANGE during transformation. Not at all. But in the movies, her hair changes as she does.
Interesting, isn't it?
Actually,been thinking about this some more... Maybe her hair doesn't actually change,but it just gets healthier looking. Since Bella was so ill,her hair really wouldn't have been in good condition either,so when she was transforming,it was just going back to its pre-pregnancy state??

Just an idea :)
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

openfire wrote:
openfire wrote:
Interesting, isn't it?
Actually,been thinking about this some more... Maybe her hair doesn't actually change,but it just gets healthier looking. Since Bella was so ill,her hair really wouldn't have been in good condition either,so when she was transforming,it was just going back to its pre-pregnancy state??

Just an idea :)
That was how I perceived it. Her hair got thinner and more dull as the pregnancy wore on, which is a sign of malnutrition, which is essentially what Bella was suffering from as the pregnancy progressed. Once Ness is delivered and the venom begins working, it reversed this process, returning her hair to it's naturally shine and fullness.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
StellaBlueBella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by StellaBlueBella »

VolturiGirl wrote:I just finished a fanfic called Creature of Habit by EZRockAngel.
I loved it. It is a completed fic. In my own summary human Bella gets a job for Vampire Edward working in his own home. Some funny parts, a little ooc and canon. Just check it out. It is rated M, more so for language. You get a few lemons towards the end.
That's funny because I just finished that fic this past week! It's been completed for over a year now so for us to be reading it at the same time is kind of random huh!?! It's a good one.

• To comprehend a nectar Requires sorest need.
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

openfire wrote:
Interesting, isn't it?
Oh yeah. I totally didn't even realise that!!

Just an idea
I noticed it in the theatre as a canon violation but dismissed it along the lines of the wolves all suddenly wearing clothes during the summer at the beach - another canon violation. (Why risk ripping apart another pair of brand new shoes?) I didn't think of the healthier-looking thing with her hair, but I'm not sure it holds up. During a normal pregnancy your hair already looks better, and hair appearance is both about healthy strands and oils to coat those strands. There would be blood/venom supply to the follicle though. Hmm. Think I'm just going to think of it as one of those movie things, because I'm not sure her hair would have looked quite that bad, except that they wanted to underline her ill-health as much as possible.
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
StellaBlueBella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by StellaBlueBella »

Ok well I finally got the see the movie today! I am still letting it all soak in so to speak but I think I can at least tackle the hair issue.

Honestly... Bella was hard to look at during the end of her pregnancy. I mean cringe worthy. Vampires are beautiful. So we can't have it both ways now can we? I'd much rather them ere on the side of a beautiful Bella than to leave her hair sub-standard. The whole unchanging hair thing never made any sense to me anyway. I remember the first time I read the saga thinking something along the lines of couldn't they at least put some product in it? I get that maybe hair color wouldn't take or that it would be too hard to cut with scissors but maybe hairspray/gel or anti-frizz (for Victoria lol) could at least improve the situation?

Oh well. I really think the hair thing was written mainly for Alice's being institutionalized and Edward's ever messy mop. I don't know that it implied overall healthiness of hair which is what it looked like to me was happening in the movie. Just my take on it.

• To comprehend a nectar Requires sorest need.