Rob's Halfway House - #9

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #9 **OPEN FOR SPOILERS**

Post by Tornado »

Hey, I've reached 1000 posts!
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody!!!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

I’m grinning from ear to ear….so many new posts to reply on!!!

Okay first off… a small applause to the British fans that saw Rob and Kris as the Marcus Foster gig and didn’t bother them… I’m really happy to see that they were able to have a relatively quiet night out…

On BD, is it me or are there stills released from scenes we haven’t seen!!! The one with Edward and Carlisle, but I have seen Edward dressing for the wedding, and Bella and Edward on the island with some sweet moment!!!

Now posts…

Lynne, I love the more scruff look on Rob but the Rome and Cannes pictures are legendary….
Congrats on the 1000 posts!!!

Suzan, I didn’t take my bf to the movie, he would never watch it… I was just browsing the boards when I saw that the dress was going to be sold, so I asked him if he ever planned on marrying me, if he did than I would have already bought the dress… it isn’t even that expensive $900…
We are very flexible about the planning for the concert, I have asked around and the venue isn’t really so even us with a limited length will be able to see properly.

Desiree, I totally agreed on the wolfpack clothing… it was the first thing I told my friends, Jacob only sheds his shirt once…I was so happy with that…

Amy, I don’t know if she ever will finish that book…I hope but I have my doubts… with the interviews she gives she doesn’t seem to enjoy the vampire world all that much at the moment…

Jaclyn, you have your bf well raised… taking you to see BD… :D

Susie, I don’t think they can do a sequel on BD2… even with a book… Kris and Rob are getting older, there will be a point where they can’t be shown as 17 year olds… besides I’m really not interested in the Dog falling in love with Renesmee… I think they have the older Renesmee for Alice’s visions or something…
I knew before I asked that I wouldn’t get a positive response on the wedding thing… it isn’t that I want to get married, I just wanted to make sure that he won’t pull up the question when that dress isn’t available anymore… ;)

Sean, I have been toying with the same thoughts during the promo of NM… both Rob and Kris were so hunted by papz and awful stories about them were release.. I really thought why don’t they come and live with my parents for a while, it’s a small farmer’s town where 90% doesn’t know what twilight or a movie is… they have piece and quiet there… but I guess the Isle of Wright works too…

NewJen, I don’t think that would leave a good impression on my bf… “sorry honey but we have to get married.” “why?” “Because I bought a dress already…”
Nah, he would send me to a psychiatric clinic for the rest of my life…

Well, work is calling so I better start doing something!!!!
So not in the mood for working today!!! It’s bloody BORING!!!!

See ya!!!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi Everyone :)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone :)

I thought that I'd post that sooner rather than later because of between sleeping and helping my mom in the kitchen I'll be off line much of the day.

Marielle: I guess that's an advantage of living out in the middle of nowhere. In America, I doubt that there's anyone who doesn't know about Twilight, Kristen Stewart, Rob Pattinson, Krisella or Robward or Robsten. But at least here, the paps would be pretty noticeable because it's so isolated here, and we take trespassing pretty seriously out here. At least at this deal, the fans showed respect and courtesy by not interfering, but they caught some moments that definitely show that Kristen and Rob are more than friends :)

Everyone: I'll likely be off to bed soon, as I'll have a long day tomorrow. I'll likely be on later tonight, but until then, enjoy the Robsten stuff and the video I linked.

Have yourselves a good one. :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

I am so thankful not only that I have this wonderful place to come to, but also for all of you!!

We are still on vacation (I posted a bunch of Harry Potter pics on FB - it was AWESOME!!), but was able to take a few hours away from the family yesterday to visit with Ginnie & Christina!! Thank you, Ginnie, for coming to pick me up! Had a great time meeting you both!! Can't wait for June! :)

Have to wake up the kids to get out to the parks today before Thanksgiving dinner at Liberty Tree :). Hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

Sandy
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

So glad Sandy, Ginnie and Christina met up!!! So cool!!!

Let's see - Ginnie and Christina have met: Caryn, Brenda, Sandy, Susie (twice). Not that I'm keeping score...

Have a great weekend everyone!
lulu
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lulu »

just wanted to sop by quickly to say "happy thanksgiving!" whether you celebrate it or not, i hope you all find a moment to think about what you're thankful for in your life. i wrote in 3 journals this morning (which i've never done before! mine, babyboy's and the one hubs and i share), and it really made me happy thinking about some of the major blessings i have in the people i know and love.

hope you all have a wonderful day and i'll catch up with you this weekend!
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Anyone thinking of coming to Australia? Anyone? Anyone? We've got a spare room!

Goodness, it's quiet here this morning! I guess you're all celebrating Thanksgiving! Hope it's a good one for you!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

I have to be honest with you guys, but I haven't felt well the past couple of days. I've been sweating in bed when I really, in theory at least, shouldn't be an I haven't been sleeping well. Dinner was OK, except for the mashed potatoes--mom followed the directions on the box, but that doesn't mean that they were right! They came out like this structureless, sticky paste. They tasted OK, but I doubt that you'd call them "mashed" potatoes. This is usually why when I make them I just ignore the directions, and why me and mom like to make them from scratch instead of the instant stuff.

I just feel really weird. Right now I feel sort of like I have a sinus headache coming on, and I've just felt sort of tired and out of it the past couple of days.

I was planning on left overs, but there aren't a huge amount, at least compared to past years. I mean, I still have a plate of food ready for later tonight if I get hungry--that is if I feel up to eating, because this whatever it is also has given me an upset stomach. But mom's already said that she's gonna find a bigger turkey for Christmas. At least there's 3 pumpkin pies that need polished off :) And she's given us permission to finish off the box of instant potatoes, saying that they're better if everything is eyeballed, as her plans to follow the directions didn't work :lol:

I liked the fan account about Kristen and Rob, and if you look at the photos on Robstenation, I do question about Kristen's hands, and how much "cleaner" they looked last night vs the other night, where she had like bruises and stuff on them--either Kristen heals quickly or it was makeup or something, because I don't heal from minor bumps and scratches that fast.

And it's like what they've been saying--it's obvious that they're an item and they don't feel the need to announce it to the world constantly. It's like when Kristen and Rob used to Google themselves--they were curious about what people were saying about them, and while the appreciated what fans had to say, they got tired fast of the stupid crap that was written about them, and they've learned to tune that out and not care so much about it.

Also, Kristen admitted that it's good in this business to have a back up plan. I don't know if Rob ever had one in specific (though we all know that he has several routes he could've/can take), but Kristen's main thing if she couldn't be an actress is be a writer, namely of screen plays. Of course, Kristen can sing, too, and I wish that she'd do that more, by writing and singing songs like Rob has.

There's not much on TV tonight that's interesting or that I haven't seen a hundred times, so after I log off this laptop, I might just take a nap or read in bed for a while to see if some rest might make me feel better.

So come about 8:00 or so, I'll figure out what I want to--if I feel better, I'll kill time the old fashioned way, if not, I'll try and take a nap or read and see if that makes me feel better.

I might be back later, depending on how I feel and how long I sleep in. I might check back in later tonight at least, if not tomorrow. Have yourselves a good one.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Hello folks!

Happy Thanksgiving to my American siblings! And Happy Thursday to everyone else! :D

Was planning on being here earlier, but just spent an hour speaking to SiL#1 on the phone LOL. Interupting my lexing time!! ;)

So, last night at BD was, of course, really great. The cinema was heaving! We had to sit down at the front, but it was actually ok. Meant that everything was bigger LOL and made you feel more like you were there, almost like an IMAX experience.

Anyways, if you are up for it, here is more of my BD gushing! LOL (although I also have a few questions & stuff for people too!). So, from my notes I took (think my bf was embarrassed by me a wee bit for that LOL!):

Wedding kiss - This is just simply...epic. I love it; I love that Flightless Bird is playing (btw, why is the original playing & not the Wedding Version form the BD soundtrack??), and I love that the world disappears from them. The kiss itself is so deep that you almost feel as though you are intruding in a very private, very real moment. But you simply can't look away, as it takes your breath away with the beauty of their love.
Question: after the kiss, Rob says something - did anyone catch it? I don't know if it was Edward, or actually Rob, as it is very low & very fast.. maybe he was talking to Kristen??

Wedding speeches - Again, completely hysterical!! Since the cinema was full, the audience was pretty good, laughing at all the right moments. Charlie of course owns this scene, but the look on both Rob & Kristen's face when Jess refers to Edward as "The Hair" makes me think that she may just have made that up there and then on the spot. They are just adorable! :D

Mike dancing at the wedding - This is actually how he dances in real life!! LOL!!! Of course, I am guessing that he can dance regular too, but at the UK TwiCon, he danced like this. It was one of the funniest & sweet moments I have witnessed (remember the story of how he danced with the wee girl?? Too cute!).

Rio - I love how relaxed looking they are in the taxi. Again, Rob says something to Kristen while walking through the streets..any idea if it is real, or something Edward was supposed to say?

Turning Page & love scene - I can't explain how perfect I believe this song is during this scene!! I love that it continues througout Bella's memories of the night before. The whole scene is gorgeous & truly perfect. During the close ups of the night (especially cos we were really close to the screen LOL), you could see that Rob & Kristen just.. fit. What I am trying to say is that, for example when they kiss, their faces fit together perfectly. My shipper heart & my Twilight heart is exploding with this thought! I LOVE THIS PART OF THE MOVIE! Beautiful!
Also, when Bella wakes up in the morning, and sees the destruction of the room, do you see her facial expression?? She is proud LOL! Very sweet I think!

Sparkling - I have actually kinda mentioned this below to SuperJen, but there IS some sparkling! Not nearly as much as you would have expected, but defo some (during the waterfall jump).

Imprinting scene - This is something I meant to mention after my first viewing. To someone who hasn't read the books, I really don't think it came across that Quil had imprinted on Claire. I asked my bf about it afterwards (who hasn't read the books) and he said he didn't even notice that he was sitting with a toddler. I am guessing they showed this to both explain imprinting & also to introduce the idea that adults could imprint on people much younger than them. Do you think people would get this, who hadn't read the book beforehand?

"C'mon! C'mon!" - Broken Edward = sad sad me! :( Again, this part truly sticks in my mind. The devestation in Edward's eyes and the emptiness of Bella's... Some of Rob's finest acting in this scene for sure. And Kristen's, espeically when you do get to see that she is indeed burning with the pain (affect me more & more every time!). Such an intense & powerful scene.

Renesmee biting Bella - Again, to someone who hasn't read the book, I don't think this was clear. I again asked my bf after the first viewing & he didn't realise it. Surely this is an important part, so that they can tell the Volturi Renesmee is not venomous? I don't think it helps that fact that it is out of screen & you just kind of hear that... why do you think they didn't show it? Too hard to do with CGI, or something to do with the rating?

Red eyes - AAAGH! Seriously, this is how I feel at the end, like I'm going to explode or something!! I love that it ends like that, and even though we knew it was going to happen, and obviously I defo know now I have seen it, but I still am so "WOW!" when it does. Very powerful ending I think. LOVE IT!

So... think that's enough for tonight?? LOL. I just really loved the film, and I know you guys won't mind me going on and on about that fact.. I hope anyway LOL!

To the posts!

Susie - I'm glad that all 4 of you are back together for Thanksgiving - I hope you all have a lovely dinner together! Are you going anywhere, or staying at home?
newtonscricket wrote:
Desiree's husband wrote:how come Edward isn't sparkling while he is on the island.
:shock: I said something was missing! How could I not notice that? How could they skip it?
Actually there is some sparkling! It was very sutble, I only noticed it at the part where they are jumping off the waterfall. I forget to check when they are sitting outside playing chess... I really liked how they did the sparkling in Eclipse though..thought it was quite perfect to how I imagined vampires sparkling in my head. I assume that they will have to show Bella sparkling in part 2, as surely she would want to see herself??
Anyways, I hope your food you cooked for your parents thanksgiving was tasty! Yum!

Lynne - Yay for reaching 1000 posts!!
Erm. Yes. Definately. I would LOVE to come to Australia!!! :D :D

Marielle - I am sure I saw a new still today as well, one that wasn't in the film. And I really want to see the "breakfast scene" from Isle Esme... stills were released showing that ages ago. I really want to see all these on the dvd!! Keep our fingers & toes crossed!

Chernaudi - I hope your thanksgiving went well! Did you help your mom cook?
EDIT: Sorry you aren't feeling too great!

Sandy - AWESOME!! I love that you met up with Christina & Ginnie!! Great pic of you 3!
Is that the first time you have been to HP land? I will have to check out your photos on fb!

Lulu - Aw that was so sweet, I love what you wrote! Is BabyBoy's journal for him to read when he is older?

Ok I am off. Should go to bed, but really don't feel like it yet! Maybe I'll check out some ff updates for a wee while - and then regreat it tomorrow when I'm knackered! But at least... it's FRIDAY tomorrow! Best day of the working week ;)

Anyways, I really am away now. Bye folks!!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Jaclyn: Sorry, but I was in bed and I didn't help my mom cook. I even woke up in a cold sweat and I felt ill, even then. Just something that seems to happen this time of year from time to time that I just get sick every now and then for seemingly now reason. I feel a bit better now, but I still feel like I have a hangover, and I don't drink. It feels like I'm getting a sinus headache, and it might be something I got from my mom--she used to get real bad sinus headaches and migraines all the time.

Everyone: I do think that I might take a nap soon after I'm done looking stuff up here. Just feel a bit wiped out and just "off". I do hope that a couple of hours in bed might fix me a bit. I did at least put more of those Encyclopedia of Aviation books on hold, so by next week I can collect them.

I'll try and get up and check in here at least later on, but if not, you'll hear from me tomorrow. Until then, enjoy what people said about Kristen and Rob--and the photos if you please(they're pap photos--only good thing about them is that it seems that Kristen's hand injury issues seem to be clearing up--fast healing or make up from SWATH?)--from the Marcus Foster concert at Robstenation.

I'll be back later :)