Rob's Halfway House - #9

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #9 **OPEN FOR SPOILERS**

Post by missp »

Hello my wonderful HH Siblings!! I hope all of you Thanksgiving Turkey-eaters have had a wonderful holiday!! I have managed to escape the insanity that is Black Friday by choosing NOT to go shopping today! :clap: Actually, we've been in the hospital with my Mama since about 10 p.m. last night. The epidural shot of steroids coupled with the steroids before her malligram last week and the stress of the get-together yesterday have all ganged up on her and caused her sugar level to sky-rocket up to the 500's. It's down in the 300's today, but still way too high. So, she will be there for at least tonight and part of the day tomorrow... maybe longer. I got a total of three hours sleep this morning before I went back to check on her during the morning meds pass-out. She ran me off soon after and told me to go home and get some more sleep while Daddy ran home to get some stuff and some rest as well. I'll go back tonight around dinner time to check on her again. It's a blessing that I'm only about 5 minutes from the hospital. :D

Well... I have now seen BD1 FIVE times!! :clap: :clap: I decided to go the other night with my twi-teacher bud because she insisted I let her treat me! She said, "You got me started on Twilight, so I want to treat you to this." It was so sweet of her! So... now that I've seen it five times, I will have to see it a 6th to watch for the SPARKLE at the waterfall which I have not seen! :o And... that detail makes me even MORE anxious for Part 2 so that I can see Bella sparkle!!

Brienna~~ Yeppers! That is SM and WG among the wedding guests. I noticed Stephenie right off, but it took me until this 5th viewing to actually spot Wyck.

SUSIE~~ Of course you can still be my beta!! Just as soon as I get enough written for you to beta! :lol:

LULU~~ Sure! I'll do it right now! :D

Ok... I am off to check on my CM friends for a bit before doing a little writing until time to head back over to the hospital and check on Mama. Hmm... AFTER I eat a little snack of dressing! LOVE those left-overs! 8-)
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

Ok! Thanks for answering girls :D
I saw it was SM to right away, but since noone ever mentioned it, I was almost a bit embarrassed to even bring it up :blush:
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Jaclyn - yes, I was surprised they included the biting at all, especially since it's not clear that it even happens! And I was expecting a comment from Edward at this stage about it, but nothing.
I'm not really into silverchair, no. About the only Aussie band I listen to on a regular basis is The Wiggles, since I have a five year old! Hopefully you will be able to come to Australia one day!

lulu - I'm not sure if the response Rob and Kristen made to Jessica's wedding speech was because she made it "off the cuff". They don't film responses at the same time as they film the person who is speaking, so by the time they were filming Edward and Bella's responses Jessica had probably said it several times already, unless they filmed their reactions first, but I think they usually film the person speaking first, then the reactions. And your Thanksgiving dinner sounds delicious!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

I'm feeling a bit better today, but I still feel a bit drained and out of it. I guess that it doesn't help that I almost had a scare earlier. I tried to call my mom at work to talk to her about something, but no one was picking up the phone. So my older brother run out in a rush, and I only found out after calling his cell phone that he was checking to see if something was wrong with the phone there. As it turns out, the store closed early and my father's Ford pickup was in the drive way where he and my mother live, so we're assuming that the store closed early and that she's home. My brother also called there, but I'm still waiting for a call.

I'd really like to talk to her if I can tonight, because I think some of those pizzas I've been eating have been making me sick, and I'd rather ask for her to give me the $5-10 that she spends on them for me to buy my own from like Pizza Hut or where ever. I'd also like to ask her if she knows where to find lemon or lime juice. If life gives you lemons, you make lemonade, and I sort of did that with some old lemon juice last night. I'd like to mix that with some tea and stuff.

I watched part of the Witches of Eastwick last night. Have any of you seen it? It stars Cher and Jack Nicholson, with Jack as an incarnation of the devil, and Cher playing the leader of a coven of modern day witches. I'd recommend it if you're a fan of dark comedy, and I plan on finishing it tonight along with the normal stuff that I've been up to.

I'll be back later :)

Update: My mom's fine, she just got off work early and no one told us that she was, but I guess that's the store's thing--day after a holiday break they only stay open until 4:00, so I'll tell mom about that stuff tomorrow.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Hello Ladies!!!

Happy Saturday. I'm busy slurping the jellies on my Starbucks' Coffee Jelly as I'm typing this post :lol: . I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving Day with your families and loved ones. Is everybody at Black Saturday today??? It's sort of tradition right?

Anyways, mom's in town since yesterday so I was able to get my day off from aunt/nanny duties last night and sneak in for my 5th screening of BD1. Yay! It will be my last theater screening until the release of the DVD sometime next year, I just don't have the time to spare anymore. Had a very busy day today. Went with my mom to her monthly doctor's appointment. The funny thing was in the nurse station they keep on playing "Turning Page" over and over again. I guess the nurses had caught the Twilight virus. Another thing is my eldest nephew who's turning 13, January next year texted me so early in the morning asking me for a complete set of Twilight books for Christmas. I couldn't be any happier and said he'd get it boxed and gift wrapped on Christmas eve. That's one Christmas gift crossed on my list already. One down, 100 more to go. Bleh, I hate Christmas shopping. I might just end up with cash on envelopes just like what I did last year for the kiddos :lol: .

Tonight big bro finally work his lazy behind and put up Christmas lights around our front windows, which makes my baby niece one happy and excited little girl. She loves looking at bright, colorful and blinking lights. I wouldn't be surprise if she starts camping on our front porch just looking at the pretty lights :D .

Okay ladies I need some help, seriously. I grew up with brothers and a mom who's not really into fashion, our Christmas Party which will be held in 3 weeks is themed: 1920's. I haven't the faintest idea (ok I have a slight idea but still totally clueless :oops: ) of what to wear. I've been doing some research but...yeah...still researching lol :lol: . Any ideas???

Moving on...

Chernaudi - I'm glad your mom's fine. I get freaked out too whenever my mom or dad doesn't pick up their phones immediately when I tried calling them. My mind goes way ahead of me thinking of the worst cases. I'm paranoid like that.

Tonise - I hope your mom's sugar level goes back to normal. Coming from a family with diabetes, I always think of myself as the family's conscience specially during the holidays where food and stress is involved. I would constantly remind my folks not to eat too much carbs. Yay for BD1 screening # 5.

Lulu - Loved your Thanksgiving dishes. It sounds very tasty.

Jaclyn - I find the wine drinking at the office a little weird. I got slightly dizzy, my alcohol tolerance is so low.

Marielle - Wow last free weekend until next year. That sounds so busy, but don't we all on December.

Rachel - Have fun watching BD1. I'm excited to read what you thought of it. And did I mention that I like your SWatH avatar. Yap I really like it...

Sandy, Christina & Ginnie - Great picture ladies. It's good to see you all 3 together. Hope you had fun...

Lynne - Congratulations on your 1000's posts.

Susie, Caryn, Desiree, NewJen, Amy and everyone else I've missed - :wave:

My coffee and my jellies are finished, it means I have to be out of here too. Going to catch up on some readings now before I turned in for the night. Have a great weekend ladies...

Laters.
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Happy Saturday everybody…

I hope that you all have a good weekend…
Mine didn’t start so well…. I woke up in the middle of the night completely drenched in sweat and shivering from the cold… when I was finally able to sleep again I woke up at 6.30am with a severe headache… it got so bad that I wasn’t even able to go out this morning to by food…Lucky for me they sell painkillers like candy here, so I was able to start a very unsuccessful Christmas shopping afternoon…

I hope the rest of the weekend will be better…

Jaclyn, yep busy till the new year… I have a concert next Friday and my brother’s bday, oh yeah and BD viewing, the weekend after that is the 100 monkey’s concert and a dinner with my bf’s grandma and family, and the weekend before Christmas we have a bday dinner with my grandpa…somewhere in between those plans I have to decorate a Christmas tree, buy Christmas presents and keep a household together…

Paula, I thought I said yes, when you asked if that was SM… but I’m sorry I didn’t reply loud enough…

Lulu, hihihi did you forget the dates for the HH-con as well… I bought a new agenda and I need to put down date….

Sean, I love the Witches of Eastwick… I think it’s one of the best movies Nicholson has ever done… it’s just spooky enough to keep you watching but you just have to laugh at his face every scene…

Raine, a 20s party, that’s so cool!!!! You can go for a dress that is worn in WFE, that’s I believe situated in the 20s… also the look of Rosalie in her memory, it’s the 30s but I believe fashion wasn’t that different…or just google a roaring 20s outfit… you’ll get ideas…

No time for goodies today… I’ll do that tomorrow…
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Marielle - Yay! You just gave me the best motivation to attend our Christmas Party. I don't really enjoy this kind of themed parties. I totally forgot that WfE was set around that timeline. Seeing guys wearing suspenders and just thinking of Jacob Jankowski would totally get me in a party mood. See even in an innocent setting we still can fit a little bit of Rob love. :D
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Argh! I'm so jealous of people who've seen it 5 times! I'm hoping to go for the second time this week. At least I know I'll make up for it when it comes out on DVD!
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

WARRRRRRR EEEEEEAGLE!! Watching the Iron Bowl. Alabama has scored two touchdowns and Auburn has scored one. It's gonna be a long game!

Mama was released from the hospital this afternoon and they are almost home and trying to get there in time to watch the second half of the game. Her sugar level is down to the 300's and they think the meds will finish regulating it. Her kidney function is much better and her dehydration is, too. Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers. :D

With everything that's been going on, I've done zero writing since the other day's several pages. I have the game in the background today and might do a little. BD1 viewings are now on hold until next weekend after pay day.

I'm off to put a load of laundry in the dryer and another in the washer. Y'all have a great afternoon! (((HUGS!)))
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

I'm just gonna catch some cooking shows later and play some VGs and read. So I don't really have much on for tonight.

Marielle: I also have Moonstruck and Tea with Mussolini, and, of course, all the Twilight films that have been released so far. The only actress who I'd rate higher than Cher, if, of course, Kristen Stewart. I do have to say that I do like Rob Pattinson more than Jack Nicholson, but he was insane and funny in Witches.

Everyone: For those of you who don't know, tomorrow is my birthday (depending on your time zone--Lynne's already written on my FB wall). This weekend will also be the last decent temperature weekend probably until next spring. Audi have been rumored to unveil a hybrid version of the R18 race car tonight, but it's like 10:30 in Germany right now, so if it doesn't get shown now, it probably won't be until god knows when. At least we know that our woodstove will work this winter--my father and little brother go it very hot in the living room and they complained about the heat that it threw out. Maybe on like Tuesday that would be useful.

Also, on Robstenation, Kristen talks about growing up as an actress during TS filming and Rob says that Kristen is now a woman, though I'm pretty damn sure he knew that already. I also read online about what some moron with his head up his backside wrote in Star Magazine about Kristen's tomboyishness being off-putting to fashion designers, when we all know that people are lining up to give her their dresses to wear. Also, there's tons of new Rob interviews and Kristen and Rob moments from the LA and London BD preimeres, including another KS shoe removal/shoe hatred video--just one of dozens now on You Tube.

I'll be back later.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/