Rob's Halfway House - #9

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
StellaBlueBella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #9 **OPEN FOR SPOILERS**

Post by StellaBlueBella »

Ahhhh it feels good to be back! Yes I am probably the last sister to finally see BD but better late than never as they say.

Just from the glances at fb updates I get the sense that most people really enjoyed the film. Honestly, it left me with a residual feeling of sadness. I am not sure why but it stayed with me to some degree for the rest of the evening. I can't pinpoint exactly what it was that left me feeling this way... Maybe because the whole thing was just so emotional, especially at the end. I suppose I just felt like I landed with a thud there at the finish and it took a little while for me to pick myself back up again.

Anyway, I seem to have shaken the feeling off thank goodness. I look forward to scrolling back through the pages to see what everyone else thought in detail.

And Sean - Happy Late Birthday!! It's still the 28th so I take it you are still accepting birthday wishes lol.

• To comprehend a nectar Requires sorest need.
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

Susie ~
I'm trying to think of how I can schedule another viewing that I can keep under Hubs' radar. He doesn't really know I went to a matinee with my college friend on Tuesday. I didn't lie about it - I just didn't offer up the information! I mean, if he asked I guess I'd have to tell him. He wouldn't object to the $5 price; he would just be worried that I was getting a little "obsessed". Sound familiar, anyone?
I had to laugh at this because it's the same thing my mom is doing to my dad. We are telling him that I need to go out of town to do some grocery shopping and that my mom wants to go with me. I have always loved listening to choir. Is your daughter in choir for Christmas or more for church? Good for SB for going back to school. Will he be attending school the next semester?

Tonsie ~ I don't know if you will see this but good luck in your fasting.

Marielle ~ I went to order your bumper sticker this morning but the website is not working. It won't let me look up anything. I will try in the next day or so, so don't let me forget.

Rachel ~ When the whole scene of Edward pumping Bella's heart when he injected his venom, did you notice how quiet the theater was? I was a nervous wreak throughout the whole scene. I kept telling myself that I knew she was going to be ok.

Edit:
thought this might be interesting: these are the contacts that were used in New Moon. You can purchace them, but they are kind of expensive.
Last edited by VolturiGirl on Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Well, I'm feeling really angry at this point because I know what all my computer time is going to be spent doing today. I'm sure some of you know what I'm talking about. My patience is rapidly coming to an end.

Caryn - you know, I differ from you about Jake telling Bella she's wrong about the baby. Do you know why? Because he's WRONG!!!!!!!!!!! And wrong in a big way. In fact, in every way!

Love your story about your brother, too!
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Here's a couple of photo stills featuring the wedding dress from the opening page of the Lexicon. Apparently there's also a video where Caroline Herrera talks about designing the dress...I just haven't had time to watch it yet.

This is gorgeous--have we seen this one before? I love the way they're gazing into one another's eyes. :swoon:

What beautiful detailing on the sleeves I guess I hadn't noticed it since I'm one of the few around here who have only seen Breaking Dawn once. ;)

Lynne~ I'm perplexed by what you mean about your computer time being taken up by other things--hope all is okay.

I'll check back in later this evening. I'm glad we all made it through our Mondays, especially cold and rainy ones like we've had today.
Banner by TammyAZ
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Hey all,

My parents were over tonight for a wee blether - we had such a nice time!! Just chatting. Ended up talking a lot about our honeymoon, showing them where we are thinking of going etc. Telling them all about Ginnie who is letting me know the details of some of the hotels we like (she is being very helpful!!). I was going to do a good long post, but not got much time now as I really should be heading to bed...

Brenda - Loved reading your take on the soundtrack & movie!
smitten_by_twilight wrote:And Bella's transformation from mutilated to vamp was great. I hope we begin there in BD2, with a sense of her agony during transformation. Maybe a Krisella voice-over?
I hoped for this too!! Especially as the beginning of book 3 of BD is one of my favourite parts of the whole series - when Bella is aware of the burning & why she shouldn't move as she won't be able to stop screaming, and then when it begins to subside & she can tell who is walking, her heartbeats etc. I love it! I really really hope they do a good job of that part in the film...

Susie & Caryn - YAY!! I am so glad you both posted - the place hasn't been the same without you!! We really have missed you ladies... Glad to hear you had a good holiday weekend (loved the Twilight story Caryn; so glad that SB is feeling better about college Susie!).

Rachel - I think I know the feeling you mean. It is very overwhelming. It took me a while to formulate my thoughts on the movie! I loved it, but it was strange. The second time I was able to talk about it much more; I think I took so much more of the movie in, once I was already prepared for what was going to happen. When you feel up to it, we would love to hear more of your thoughts :)

Lynne - Maybe I missed something... everything ok??

Tracy - GORGEOUS pics! Thanks!

Ok, gotta run. Still need to do a couple things on the comp before going to bed - gonna be tired the morra LOL!

Bye!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

First of all, thanks for the birthday wishes.

Secondly, I do have may evening planned out--I'll be watching the Top Gear Top 40 Challenges show tonight, and I even have dinner already made--leftover pork chops and mashed potatoes from last night.

Strangely, there's not much up at Robstenation about either Kristen or Rob--just some interviews, stuff about Bella's dress and some pap photos of Rob taken this morning in London. Other than that, not much news.

I already have plans for my birthday and Christmas money--buying the Eclipse and BD official film guides, and what I buy after that is up to how much I get.

It just seems like a normal Monday to me, and it's been pretty slow so far, just doesn't seem to be much going on even with you ladies posting here. Slow Robsten/Krisella/Robward news day, I guess.

PS: I don't know if any of you know Jennifer who is mentioned as Nauhel's sister in BD, but she's a character in some of the fan fic I'm writing. Do you think that she could look like this: http://browse.deviantart.com/?order=5&q ... e#/d4hgi58

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Sean - she probably could look like that. It's difficult to know exactly what Joham's colouring would be, so it's hard to know what looks he would bring to the equation. She could look like that, for sure.

Sorry if my earlier comment worried some people. It's nothing serious, believe me! In fact, we had some good news for our business today. My husband's been trying to branch out to bring some more money in, and we've had a positive response from one of the people we approached! It could mean a big difference to our December figures!
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hi All!

Sorry, still no mega post. I didn't get home from work until 7:30 and then had to make dinner and eat with hubs, spending quality time together. You may be asking why I got home so late.....I had to rescue Sonny Boy who got a ride to circus from his college but neglected to bring his wallet with his bus pass and money for the bus trip back. The girl who gave him a ride at 4pm was staying until 9:15pm, so waiting for her wasn't an option. He had already made the 20 minute cold, dark walk from circus to the bus stop when he realized he had forgotten his wallet. Of course I picked him up, even though I was on the other end of town...

I'll try to make a valiant effort to catch up with you all tomorrow!

Nighty Night!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Lynne (and anyone else who wants to chip in): Joham is Portuguese, which means that he's of Hispanic origin/descent. A lot of this depends on Jennifer's mother, too, but we know almost nothing about her, and other than that, we have to remember what parts and elements that Renesmee inherited from Bella and Edward. So that's not much.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Hello all~ I'm attempting to respond to the posts I've missed from the past few days....

Marielle~ Good luck with the Christmas shopping! I'm plugging along with it, but would love to finish up in a week or so as things just seem to get busier the closer we get to Christmas. Hope your brother has a wonderful birthday. You seem to be ramping up to your typical pre-holiday busy social schedule in upcoming weeks.

Lynne~ Congrats on achieving 1000 posts--it's amazing how that kind of sneaks up on you. I remember The Wiggles, if they're the same Wiggles from the Australian TV show who wore yellow, blue, red, and (green?) long sleeve shirts, I think? My kids and I watched it pretty religiously when they were little, and I still remember the song "Fruit Salad". :D .

Amy~ I'm glad to hear you had a rather enjoyable Thanksiving with your MIL, and who cares if alcohol was the buffer that made it possible? :lol: I love your plans for "sneaking out" to your second BD viewing with your Mom. I'm the same way....I'll casually mention to my husband beforehand that I plan on wrapping presents, exercising (yeah, right :roll: ), and doing house stuff Thursday morning, and then spending Thursday afternoon Christmas shopping before the kids get home from school. That way hubs won't bother calling and inadvertently disturb me when I'm actually at the movie theater watching Breaking Dawn, instead. 8-)

Lulu~ It sounds like you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving with yummy food and goodies to share. The journal you're writing in for little boy is such a great idea, and a keepsake that he'll always treasure. ;)

Jaclyn~ I loved the Breaking Dawn stills you posted in one of your recent posts these past couple of days. For some dorky reason, I almost became emotional when I saw Stephenie Meyer in the wedding scene, and I actually punched my friend in the arm, I was so excited. :lol: I've taken notes after seeing the movie, but I love that you actually took notes at the movie theater. :D What a super fan you are! Glad to hear you had a nice visit with your parents and that wedding and honeymoon plans continue to go smoothly. Only four months to go now, right?

Caryn~ Glad to hear you made it back safe and sound. Awesome Rob story, and I love that everyone got in on the act, and only your brother was left out in the cold until he could reluctantly admit he might have to give Rob a chance for his acting chops after all, upon discovering Rob was cast in Cosmopolis. :lol:

Missp~ I guess you're probably not reading this, but I'm so glad to hear your Mom is alright and safely home from the hospital. Blood sugar levels that high can be so dangerous, and she's lucky you guys encouraged her to get treatment when she did. I hope she doesn't have any residual effects. I didn't catch Wyck G. in the wedding scene, but then I've only seen it once, not six times like yourself. ;) Wasn't Melissa Rosenberg supposed to also be in that scene?

Raine~ Your 1920's Christmas party sounds like a blast, and Marielle's idea to research the costumes from WFE is a great idea, with a little Robkowski as the icing on the cake.

Rachel~ We're so glad you were finally able to see the movie and hope you enjoyed it. Do you think pregnancy hormones could have contributed to you feeling a little blue, afterwards? I also feel somewhat bittersweet about the whole thing, because this movie was sort of the "beginning of the end", so to speak. And while I'm very excited to see VampBella, I didn't feel quite as connected to her character in the second half of Breaking Dawn as I had in previous books, because she was no longer human, and was a little more difficult to relate to, if that makes any sense.

Susie~ What a good Momma you are to rescue SonnyBoy. Is he still enjoying circus just as much as ever?

Sean~ We're glad you enjoyed your birthday. It usually gets a little quiet around here, as well as some of the other websites a couple of weeks after a Twilight movie release. There's just not much "new" news, and we've always speculated that we hope Rob and Kristen are holed up privately on a beach somewhere with no crazy papz or fans to bother them....Lord knows, they deserve that time together.

**EDIT: Still pretty bummed that this adorableness didn't make it into the movie. We never saw Bella eating one single egg, did we? :?
Banner by TammyAZ