A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Re: Chapter 8 ~ Port Angeles

Post by Venecettia »

1. I rushed through that chapter real quick, I thought it was boring. But I must say I had soem idea that Edward would show up at soem point.

2.I was afraid of him and afriad for Bella. I thought he was going to attack her or something!

3. Partially.

4. That she had a glitch or superpower, I have never really thought about it.

5. I was a bit weirded out by him. He gave the impression of stalker, which did not seem to creep out Bella. It was especially creepy since they did not know each other as well at the time.
amulaya
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by amulaya »

1. At what point were you worried for Bella's safety with the thugs? Or did you have some idea that Edward would show up just in the nick of time?

I was worried at first that she would get hurt, and honestly thought that Angela at least would have gone looking for her. But, then he did show up and that made my day!

2. How did you feel about Edward's emotional reaction to the whole situation? Were you afraid of him? Were you worried for Bella?

I think he kinda overreacted a bit, but I can't see what he saw. I wasn't afraid of him... But I was kinda worried for Bella when he took her out of town. But, as soon as she said that the girls were waiting for her he took her back.

3. Were you surprised that Edward told the truth so quickly about his ability to mind read? Had you guessed that this was his secret?

I wasn't surprised, I knew there was something. But was kinda surprised that he did tell her so readily.

4. What was your personal theory as to why Edward can't hear Bella's mind the first time you read the book?

Not sure, same reason she is so clumsy?

5. Did it concern you at all that Edward keeps such a close watch over Bella? Did it seem somewhat like a stalker to you or did you just brush it off?

At first I thought it was kinda stalkerish, but then as I kept reading it was ok. She wants it like that, he is totally in love with her, I wish I had an Edward!
"So, who's gonna catch me a grizzly bear?" - Bella
ShadowNIN
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ShadowNIN »

1. At what point were you worried for Bella's safety with the thugs? Or did you have some idea that Edward would show up just in the nick of time?

I started worrying when she realized she was walking down the wrong way. But I kinda had an idea Edward was nearby because she saw a volvo that made her think of him. At first, I actually thought it was his volvo.

2. How did you feel about Edward's emotional reaction to the whole situation? Were you afraid of him? Were you worried for Bella?

I wasn't worried at all. I was just happy he showed up!!! I did think he was mad at her at first though.

3. Were you surprised that Edward told the truth so quickly about his ability to mind read? Had you guessed that this was his secret?

I was a little surprised, but I had the feeling that he really wanted her to know his truth. I honestly can't remember if I already guessed he could read minds...

4. What was your personal theory as to why Edward can't hear Bella's mind the first time you read the book?

That she had some kind of power of her own, only she didn't know it.

5. Did it concern you at all that Edward keeps such a close watch over Bella? Did it seem somewhat like a stalker to you or did you just brush it off?

It didn't concern me at all. I thought it was very endearing. :mrgreen:
ImageImage
Twilightlover101
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilightlover101 »

When she finally realized that she was being herded, i was so horrified i wasn't really thinking about edward.

U was shocked, i though he would be relieved that he found her not furious, but i understood his emotions later, yes, he was murderously angry, no he wouldn't fo anything to hurt bella no matter how angry he was.

He obviously wanted bella to know about him, so i wasn't surprised. Kinda guessed as much.

I don't know, didn't really think about it.

No i loved he's whole over protective thing, i though it was great and romantic.
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

I really wasnt worried about her. Even if Edward didnt show up in just the nick of time, i think she could have punched some guy right in the jugular! lol

No I wasnt afraid, I think he was really pissed off. which is understandable

No I wasnt surprised about how quick, I think he really wanted to tell Bella everything.

I really dont know. It still bothers me in a way that he cant hear her. But maybe it was a sign that they were meant to be.

5. Did it concern you at all that Edward keeps such a close watch over Bella? Did it seem somewhat like a stalker to you or did you just brush it off? No I thought it was Romantic.

Ps this is one of my favorite chapters!
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
peacepicturelexi
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by peacepicturelexi »

1. At what point were you worried for Bella's safety with the thugs? Or did you have some idea that Edward would show up just in the nick of time? i was so anxious to see what would happen! i thought they were going to catch her and i was SO relived when i saw her say something about a shiny silver volvo!!!

2. How did you feel about Edward's emotional reaction to the whole situation? Were you afraid of him? Were you worried for Bella? i personally thought it was so sweet for how much he was scared for her!

3. Were you surprised that Edward told the truth so quickly about his ability to mind read? Had you guessed that this was his secret? yes i was surprised but i guess he trusted her. i basically already knew thanks to my friends telling me all the good stuff!!! ugh. :cry: :x

i thought there really WAS something wrong with her brain!
5. Did it concern you at all that Edward keeps such a close watch over Bella? Did it seem somewhat like a stalker to you or did you just brush it off? i thought he was kinda stockerish but it was still sweet that he was protecting her and watching out for her! :mrgreen:
you can have edward and jacob. i want seth:)
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

I was worried from the start. Nothing good comes from having thugs follow you. I had no idea that Edward would show up. It was a pleasant surprise. I think I actually cheered out loud when he showed up.

I will admit that I was freaked out by Edward’s reaction. I didn’t understand right away what was going on, and yes, I was afraid of him and worried for Bella.

Yes, I had kind of figured out that he could read minds at that point, and I was really surprised that he told the truth so quickly. For someone who lives a lie and his family’s livelihood depends on keeping secrets and telling lies, it shocked me that he gave it up so easily.

I had no idea why Edward couldn’t read her mind. I thought it was a useful quirk for her, and a great plot development. If he knew what she was thinking all the time it would be too easy!

It was kind of creepy (and it got kind of creepier after reading some of Midnight Sun) at first, but once I understood why he did it, it seemed noble and sweet. Because of his intensity, though, it did come off as stalkerish, moreso later in the book.
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

I was nervous for her when she realized she was being followed by 2 of the men, but I had a feeling she would be okay because she's the main character and we weren't that far into the book. I wasn't sure that Edward would swoop in and save her but I knew he was nearby because she saw a silver Volvo. I just didn't know whether she would manage to escape from the thugs herself or if he would have to step in.

No, once Edward showed up I knew Bella would be safe.

I had noticed that he would sometimes tell Bella what others were thinking and then try to act like he read it from their faces. I was reading so fast that I never paused to actually put the words "mind reader" together but it was sort of there in my subconscious. I wasn't too surprised because it's a lot easier to admit to that than to admit to being a vampire. Edward realized that Bella had observed too much and was determined to get some answers so this was something less important he could tell her to throw her focus off the whole vampire thing.

I didn't have any theories about it.

It didn't feel like a stalker to me. At the time I saw it as Edward trying to observe Bella to determine what was going on in her head. I got the impression that he didn't know exactly what she was. He knew she wasn't a vampire but she said and did things that weren't like other humans either so she perplexed him. I thought there might also be a part of him trying to decide if he could trust her or not.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
viokagloring
Wandering Through Town

Post by viokagloring »

i did have some idea that Edward was going to come save her! even though i hoped i was right at the time, whenever i read this part my breathing quickened and i got all panicky and such. haha.

i wasnt afraid of him. i figured that he would want to go back and, as he said it, hunt those monsters down. i wasnt worried for Bella or scared of Edward at all. just because how she thinks. she felt totally safe around Edward and so i guess i did too.

i think i guessed that that was his gift. it really did not surprise me at all to find out he could do it.

mine was the same as Bella's. that she was on a different wave length than everyone else. i know i feel like that too. and i felt bad that she kinda had those suspicions confirmed.

i didnt think too much about it actually. well Bella says many times that she is obsessed so why cant Edward be too?

...strong emotions can alter us in permanent ways.
X-X-Burn-It-Down-X-X
Wandering Through Town

Post by X-X-Burn-It-Down-X-X »

I honestly had no idea what so ever that Edward would come to the rescue and was scared the whole time xD

I wasn't scared of him at all. Proud really xD I was worried about Bella but as soon as Edward arrived the worry vanished : )

I had some idea but not entirely so Yes I was surprised, but intrigued aswell, it made him even more amazing :)

Only that she felt she thought differently to everyone else she knew, that's all I could think of.

Not really stalkerish, I knew he must have a good reason, so when I found out he was protecting her I was like 'awwwww' xD
It's not faith if you use your eyes.