Rob's Halfway House - #10

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #10

Post by missp »

Hi, Siblings! It has certainly been a MONDAY!! But... only two of those left! :clap: :clap:

Thank you to the following sisters for their HH Con Business responses!
Kayla, Joyce, Amy, Ashley, Tracy, Ann Marie, Caryn, Marielle, & Susie!!

ANN MARIE~~ Don't worry. We'll figure out later how to get the food fund money to Sandy. :D

CARYN~~ Discount did you say??? How many rooms can you get a discount on? We may only need the 4 rooms in the end. If we could get three of those discounted... that would be AWESOME!

MARIELLE~~ I replied to your FB post when I got home tonight. :) Like I said, I don't want you to have to be running around Chicago shopping for our supplies. You will be a guest in our country and I want you to totally enjoy the experience. If you and bf want to share our snacks/lunch items, I'm sure the girls would be okay with that, and it might save Y'all some money. So, you can help contribute to the food fund if you want to do that.

SUSIE~~ I absolutely agree that a meeting of the Hostess minds would be a great idea! Could we do a PM meeting, a FB group message, or would SKYPE be a possibility?

I still need to hear feedback on the present two items of business from SANDY, GINNIE, CHRISTINA, & BRENDA :D

Y'all have a great and blessed Tuesday! I am off to bed! This is my last week of hall duty for the year!!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

I found out on JK tonight why Kristen injured her foot on the BD reshoots. For those of you who saw Leno, she murmured something about a puncture wound, and guess what, she did what I did earlier this year, which as step on a nail!

I don't wanna spoil JK for you, but I'll be happy to talk about it once everyone's else has seen it--but Kristen was a lot better than the last time she was on for BD, and the showed a new SWATH clip--more comments on that later when everyone's seen JK on You Tube or on their recordings.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

I think we have a dog with some separation anxiety issues. He hasn't been left entirely alone in the daytime yet, and I'm dreading when it happens. I don't want to bother the neighbours. We will be going out for a while this weekend, and I've bought a bone for him, so I hope that will keep him occupied.

Susie - yes, I would have probably heard Caryn from over here if she had had that dream! I love dogs, so I was the one who really pushed for it. Hes' great ... apart form the separation thing.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Hey everybody!!!

Pfff, this day is almost over!! I have been driving for 5 hours today, which is insane because driving from west to east in this country only takes two hours!!! Thursday I will be on the road even longer!!!

I don’t have much news to report from this grey corner of the world…so I’ll skip to the posts…

Susie, you dream is a bit crazy. Maybe it’s a good idea for fanfic… a wild Bella before meeting Edward…
I’m pretty sure that I can fall in love with a very small old English cottage in the country that needs fixing up much more easily than all these silly too close to each other suburb house…I wouldn’t mind the work than… right now I’m a bit frustrated that I can’t seem to find the right house but right now we first need to find out what our top budget is… that will make the search a bit easier, right now we look to what we think in a very conservative budget…
I’m happy you son is doing better at school, is he feeling happy there or does he still have issues with adapting to it all.

Tonise, I’ll have to figure out a good balance of spending time with you girls and not neglecting my bf. I had planned of staying with you all for the whole afternoon and dinner (maybe my bf will join us for dinner, I don’t know yet what he wants) but I don’t want him to spend the whole evening alone… so we’ll have to see…

Lynne, do you have a dog-bench… (steel crate like a dog house you can close off)… if you have that, place the dog in that and go away for an hour or so. See how he reacts… leaving the dog alone has to be a gradual thing… or if you have a dog house in the garden and it isn’t raining, leaving him there on a long leash… he’ll be able to roam around a bit and stay dry if needed…

Alright, I know a short post and I didn’t react to everybody and I’m sorry… I need to put the laptop away and relax a bit…
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

Well, today is the oldest birthday. He’s 17 today…I still can’t believe it...makes me feel old somehow...Husband: “You know he’ll be able to get into R rated movies now” Me: “Yes dear, but he won’t go.” This is the one planning to join the Navy or Air Force but doesn’t like going anywhere…He thought basic training was only for a week and didn’t realize that he wouldn’t have any contact with the “outside” world during that time. I’m not sure he’ll make it, but if he’s determined, then we’re there to support that decision. I’m sure I'll remember how to write long hand letters again...
We’ll be going out to eat with the boys and the other parents tonight, so I’m sure it will be interesting.

I mentioned my cousin right? I'm very close to this cousin and love him very much. What I mentioned about his FaceBook page was no different than what I would have said about some of my more...uninhibited friends. I have trouble looking at some of their pages as well...because I'm often shocked at what people will post on their FaceBook pages. My grandfather used to say, "Don't be caught doing anything you would be ashamed of if the good Lord comes back to get you". And I had a teacher in 8th grade who expanded on that to say, "Don't ever be caught doing something you would be ashamed to do in front of your mother."... My employers can see my FB page...I've had to take down a few posts...
One of my favorite lines was "Sometimes there's a thin line between I should speak to my therapist about this, and I should post this on FaceBook! :lol:

Songbird - Please don't misunderstand, I believe everyone deserves equal rights. I don't disagree with any of that. The insurance I have through work does recognize "domestic partnerships" and that person is entitled to anything and everything a spouse would be entitled to. Sadly, I guess it's different in other states.
I only take issue with those people who get angry with me for not wanting to vote either way. In the states, I'm supposed to have the right to not have an opinion, or if I do have an opinion, I have the right to voice it. If I don't have an opinion then I shouldn't be forced to defend that. I guess insurance companies are different in other states as well. In NC as long as an attorney has drawn up the will, it's been notarized, and the person has not been declared incompetent, there's no way to contest it. I suppose they could try, but it would be a waste of time and money on their part.
:rant:
I think what aggravates me the most on this is that this is the government deciding on a moral and religious issue that they have no place being involved in. The First Amendment states that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof." Yet what they want us to vote on is whether or not the church can perform a ceremony and whether or not the state will recognize what the church does as legal of same sex partners. It’s a contradiction of the whole concept of church and state being separate entities.
I understand they aren't asking for extra rights, so to my way of thinking there should be no issue. It should just be. “All men are created equal” and if you truly believe that, then all men (and women) have the rights to the same laws, protections, benefits, and standard as everyone else.
What’s disgusting is now we have politicians quoting the bible on the definition of marriage and moral values and look at the number of cheaters, liars, thieves, adulterers among their ranks… “People in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones” sort of deal…I am in no way, shape, or form better than anyone else in this world. I don’t judge people for their beliefs or their lifestyle and so far as I know, there’s not a person alive who has the right to do that.
If they want us to vote on a real issue, they should put it on the ballot about how high gas prices are or whether or not a child should be suspended for three days because they were joking with their friends. Those are issues I can see needing to be addressed, instead of whether or not I think they should recognize that Uncle Mike and Aunt Steve are legally married. Did they go through a ceremony? Did they exchange vows? Did they exchange rings? Were there witnesses? What do you know...looks to me like they are married...treat them as such and move on!
This way they don't have to divorce? True, but after being in an 11 year relationship with my ex and getting practically nothing out of it when I left, and having no right to ask for anything, I can't see that it's any easier emotionally. Having that piece of paper doesn't make it feel any different or hurt any less, if you're truly committed to the relationship.
This will not only affect the gay community, but also any others who are currently in a "common law" marriage, which are not recognized anymore. I think it used to be after 7 years but even then, those couples still weren't entitled to any benefits or coverage.
You wouldn't believe how many emails I've gotten reminding me to go vote today. Today's the last days of the primary voting...sure, sure...let me drop everything I'm doing and make sure to go vote against something that effects people I care about. :banghead:
I apologize and I'll hop off my soapbox now...

To completely change the subject; Is there some sort of summer camp or activity you could get your son involved in? I'll get my recipe books out and see what I can come up with. I'll probably have to pm you to see if you have some of the ingredience, but I also have a book with a whole section on substitutes.

Marielle - I would never be upset over how someone feels or thinks, DearHeart! I'm sure I'm not as open minded as I should be about things, but I understand completely not being able to differentiate between the two. In an effort to try and see this in a different light though, let me ask you this. Your friend that went to Iraq and Afganistan…assuming he only went because of being in the military…Does he believe he shouldn’t have joined because the experience changed him? Do you no longer consider him a friend because he was involved with the war?
Isn’t that the way it always is. You either can’t find what you want at all or have to choose. Have you made a “Pros and Cons” list yet? Are you able to put the money into the second house for the repairs if they would come down on the asking price? Would you rather be able to move into a home that has very little in the way of repair so that your money could go towards other things. I don’t know about over there, but moving is expensive…I’m still paying off from our move and that’s going on two years now. Figuring out what you're willing to spend may make a huge difference. Well, we were all hoping you could find a house you liked, so now you’ve found two :clap:

Anne Marie – That’s how my dog was this morning. Desperate to go outside until I opened the door and he saw rain. He hates getting his feet wet. It’s funny to watch him walking in the rain trying to keep all his feet off the ground at the same time. He’ll go to the very edge of the grass. If I would carry him, he would let me.

Lynne - I wonder if Harry was a house dog previously? I know you said he was a rescue but do you know much about his background? I don’t remember if I read how old he is either… I have a basket where I put all the dog toys. He drags them out and plays but we haven’t taught him to put them back yet. Something I’m seriously considering since I’m almost certain he could learn it. That’s probably like training a cat to use the commode though… Which is also something I’d like to do once…
There’s also this: http://www.thundershirt.com/DefaultReturning.aspx if it’s bad enough. We have one for our older dog who is terrified of storms. She’s already hurt herself numerous times but they were minor injuries. I’m worried she’ll do major damage or have a stroke.
We keep the other dog crated when we’re not at home during the day. We’ve slowly started leaving him out of it overnight and when we’re gone just a short while, but he feels safe in there so it’s his “room”. He usually runs in there when I give them their sweet potatoes in the morning before I leave. That way, the other dog can’t get to his treat…he knows he has to “go to bed” before he gets a treat and most of the time we don’t even have to tell him. I swear he could tear up the floorboards when he’s trying to get to it quick. I’ll have to record it sometime…He looks like a cartoon. Just a thought and maybe something to look into.

Susie - You’re exactly right. I have the first three movies already loaded up, just have to remember BD and I’ll be all set. That’s two nights because they won’t ride Thursday night. It takes around 5 to 5 ½ hours to get there so we won’t pull in until around 8. That’s only if we don’t have any issues on the way. We went to TN last year on what was supposed to be a 4 hour trip…we had about 6 vehicles going with us. There were so many problems with on that trip it took up 9 ½ hours to get there.
They have LED lights under the Jeep and all the way around so they do alright at night…in fact, I’ll have to see if I can get a pic of them this weekend. They sort of look like space ships :lol: . Especially how they have the lights rigged up with the iPod music so they blink or go off and on with the beat…I know I know…weird but it looks cool depending on what song is playing.

Guess I should get back to work. Headed out to supper tonight and then do some packing. We're leaving Thursday afternoon so probably be busy Wednesday night and thinking about giving the dog a bath Thursday morning. He’s shedding like crazy but it’s terrible giving him a bath because he has such short hair, he gets cold easily. I have to put him in the bathtub and it kills my back. He hates his feet being wet but once I get him past the shower door and he’s in the water, he sort of goes to his “happy place” and lets me give the bath without too much trouble. But I have to lean over the tub on my knees the whole time so he won’t be tempted to jump out. I’m usually sore in places I didn’t even know I had the next day. The first time I tried, I picked him up and he locked his legs so that when we got to the shower doors he's got his paws braced on either side and effectively blocked me from putting him down. I had to put him down and scoop him up like a baby...a 60lb baby. But it’s been a month since he’s had a bath and since it’s been warmer lately he is in need. Did ya’ll know that dogs only sweat between their footpads?
Going to be super busy for the next day and a half, then I'll have four days "vacation". I'm off work Monday too...got to get the laundry done sometime ;)
Grayce
vampirelover109
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by vampirelover109 »

Good evening girls

Phew Ive had another busy day stuyding,figuring HH Con plans I then had a doctors appointment I feel like the meds they switched me too arent working Ive had a few panic attacks creeping up in me lately and with my depression aswell I mean In trying my best but as you all know sometimes I just feel like crap anyways It was a temp doctor basically he says the meds have done all they can so hes told,me to get two cognitive thinking books and to do vigorous excercise 2-3 times per week to help so Im gonna go to Zumba In the morning should be good fun

Susie- yep Im so glad my passports still In date Im stuyding Investigating psychology the course runs until,november but Im getting on quite well with.It so far

Marielle- Im sorry youre not to sure on the last house you looked at I know what you mean about the chocalate box houses other here there so perfect I hope you manage to find one thats just right for the both of you

Caryn- Im so glad that you got to watch Bel Ami Did you manage to keep any clean thoughts In your head after watching It though mind you I struggle with that when watching our rob .....

Right Im off so sorry to everyone Ive missed

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
team edward all the way
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Well, the dog just stole my son's teddy bear, so he has been put outside! Thanks for all your suggestions. We do have a big backyard that he has access to, so he does have plenty of space to wander if he wants, but he wants to be near us. He'll be alone for about 45 minutes today, so I really hope he won't cause a stink or try and get out of the yard.

Grayce - yes I was thinking the other day about how he'd go in a storm. My old dog used to be terrified of them. We'll see.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

I'm surprised that not more people have commented on KS on JK last night, namely about her stepping on a nail during BD shoots--something else we now have in common.

I'm really surprised that there hasn't been more activity, period. Even on the HH Facebook there's been no major updates, so I wonder, where is everyone?

Oh, and what does everyone think of Kristen's SWATH accent?

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

HI

Just popping in real quick. Sorry I haven't been on I am reading 50 Shades since it has been awhile so I can be refreshed for my book club. Times like this I wished Caryn was here b/c I know these girls and they are going to chew it up and spit it out. They did that with Twilight. I have no were near the voice that she has to get my points across.

I do have a question though what happen to Biel who made all those great videos for Twilight fanfiction? Anyone know where they moved to?

I have school tonight and I don't want to go and keep telling myself I only have 2 more classes. Plus hubs is back in school so things get a little tense around here.

Everyone have a great night!
Banner by TammyAZ
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

Tonise, I'm so sorry, I thought I messaged you on FB, but the ways of FB are still mysterious to me and apparently it didn't work. Sorry!
1 I would like to stay at our hotel Thurs nite through Sat nite. Put me in whatever room is easiest.
2. I think the idea of pooling funds for snacks is fabulous and I'm grateful to Sandy for being willing to do the shopping. I will absolutely contribute!
Finally, Tonise, thank you for organizing all of this!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901