Rob's Halfway House - #10

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #10

Post by Jazz Girl »

Hey all. A driveby tonight as I've been a bit swamped with some work stuff and soccer tryouts and meetings all day. Should be back with a full post tomorrow. Miss y'all.

Tonise~ Just so you know, you are a total rock star for getting all of the arrangements made and itineraries set.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

Le Mans update: Qualifying is over, and the top 6 are Audi, Audi, Toyota, Audi, Toyota, Audi.

A report is here:

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/ ... -for-lm24/

It is rumored though that Toyota won't be able to go for the win, as it's believed that in race trim the hybrid Audi R18 e-tron quattro and the normal diesel R18 Ultra have a speed advantage not only over a single lap, but especially during a long run because of the torque and fuel mileage of the diesel engines in those cars, and that Toyota need their hybrid system to even stand a chance against Audi in terms of acceleration out of a corner. Not even a 1-3 mph advantage in top speed seems to be a saving race for Toyota right now, along with reliability issues that they've been having, including as many as 3 engine failures during testing (one of which happened yesterday during practice) and a gearbox issue in qualifying, while Audi have had no major issues with their cars. Let alone the fact that Audi have more test and race miles on their second generation R18s.

Wild Child?: Speaking of hybrids, why is everyone calling Renesmee a wild child? What has she done that one would say that Nessie has a "wild" demeanor? We've all read BD, right? So would we call Nessie a wild child? Just the media stirring up crap and hype for BD2?

Brenda: I still can't see how there would be a trilogy with SWATH, especially since Universal seem to be playing a dangerous game with the evil/anit-hero SW and the love triangle angle, though I have to admit that your idea is tons better than those I've heard.

Susie: At least I'll have a job to occupy me and get me some money if nothing else.

Everyone: When I'm done looking up some Audi stuff, I'll probably relax by playing some GT4 and since Le Mans is sort of shut down at the track tomorrow (Friday before the race is usually a big media day), I'll have an open day, and I hope to buy some grocery items and visit my mom at work tomorrow.

Also, has anyone seen the indiewire.com article that sort of trashed Rob? Here it is:

http://www.indiewire.com/article/its-no ... anks-in-us

This article seems to be written from and anti-Rob bias, like he doesn't belong in the indie film world like Kristen does. It's almost like I wanna say, in one of the sarcastic sympathy voices "so you're ticked at Rob Pattinson because he's got Kristen Stewart as a girlfriend and you got a crush on her? I have a crush on Kristen, too, but I'm not jealous of Rob to wish that Kristen would dump him you effin' imbecile!" He even compared SWATH to Bel Ami and Cosmopolis, two different types of film; SWATH is a blockbuster and Bel Ami and Cosmo are indies--you can't really compare BO for the two! This guy's either got a mega-crush on Kristen to the point of him bashing Rob, or he doesn't think that Rob belongs in the indie film world. Both I think are wrong reasons to smite Rob for doing indie films. If Rob sucked as an actor, I can understand such a jaundiced POV, but Rob's a pretty good actor, just as Kristen is, so I don't know what this guy's problem was. And the diplomatic front failed miserably, too. Maybe this guy should know the meaning of the phrase "e-tron quattro", if you know what I mean. Either that, or he can kiss Rob's behind while Kristen cusses him out for ripping on her man.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Ginnie - I think that's the first time in my life I've ever been compared with Charles Manson! ;)

Susie - yes, too cold air conditioning is very annoying. I used to work in a place where I had to take a jacket with me every day, even in the middle of summer, because it was freezing cold inside all the time!

Sean - that article is crap. "Sure, one of his movie made $59 million dollars, BUT ..." Any idiot would be aware that Bel Ami, for example, was never going to be a film to pull in the crowds. It's too odd for that, and it's also already been released on cable, so who's going to see it in the cinema? And Cronenberg's films are always a bit hit and miss, and he's saying it's going to do badly when there aren't even any figures to go on! Of course, SWATH is going to do better; it's a fantasy action film. If Rob was in another one of those, the figures would be sky high.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

:banghead: That's what I get for changing my normal routine. I was entering my post directly into the response box and I didn't even think about losing it when clicking on a HumpDay link for a quick bit of RobGoodness. D'OH!!!

Anywho, howdy siblings!!

Today was a bit more running around, even though I was technically off work. Littlun had the final day of soccer camp. So, as I had to be out and running anyways, I scheduled a meeting with a training partner. And, of course, because Littlun's camp is hosted at Butler, what better place than the BucksFee in Butler's Union? :lol: The best part was the store browsing after the meeting. As I was scanning the popular fiction section of the bookstore, what to my wandering eyes should appear? Yep, it's official. The entire world is surrendering to Fifty.

HHCon Announcement~ Attention all sisters attending, I need you, please, to email me the jpg file or a link to your favorite Rob photo. I would like them as soon as possible, please. If you want to just post the link here, feel free to do that, as well. Thanks. Don't ask. It's a surprise.

Sean~ It's honestly better if I don't actually read the article. It will only serve to snap my teeth together. I completely agree with Lynne. Comparing SWatH with either Bel Ami or Cosmopolis is just ridiculous. They are completely different stories, genres, audiences and markets. I was actually thinking of you in the bookstore, too. It seems that they've created a tie-in novella for SWatH, complete with pull-out poster.

Susie~ Ugh, that's too bad about the uberAC. I prefer cold to warm, but I can completely understand the frustration. Well, we didn't exactly find any extra money. But, we did some very good brainstorming on how to stretch the dollars we do have. Good luck getting through Mad Men. I never got into it myself, but have been told it's fabulous. It takes some serious dedication to get through a full season in a week.

Lynne~ While I don't think I'd go Charlie Manson, that post was pretty bloody funny, particularly out of context. Hmmm, I'm going to go with how very Gavroche of you (if you followed that reference, I'll send you a cookie!)

Brenda~ It's never too late for HumpDay :lol: Yes, I'm pretty jazzed, especially as Hubs has now decided to take a few Fridays off with me. Maybe we'll hit Holiday World? Oh good GODS!! A HH Munchkin Gathering?? If I thought Chicago wasn't ready for us, I don't think there's a city on the planet ready for the HH family plus munchkins!! Thanks. I really do love it. It's in the peeling phase at the moment, but should be pretty settled by next week.

Alright, going to do some more work on ... well... yeah, going to watch the England-Sweden match. :lol: Laters!
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

I know it's been forever...I'll try to catch up. This is my sofa weekend! It's been crazy. The husband has now decided to take up mountain biking so we're going to have another hobby to make time for. But anyway, I had to show ya'll this!! I got my EW today and the article is good...the pictures are great and look at this! :clap:
Hope hope hope it's the scene where Edward finally gets to read her mind!

Be back on later! If you're in the States...this is actuallly date the 22nd...so it may be next weeks issue. But I think that's how they put them out. But here's the link if you want to buy a single copy:
https://subscription.ew.com/storefront/ ... nk=1004451.
Bye for now!
Grayce
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Grayce - I'm betting it will be that scene, with lots of flashbacks to Twilight and weddings and wedding nights ... ;)
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I'd like to let you girls know that Speed Channel will have 23 hours of live coverage of the 24 Hours of Le Mans starting tomorrow morning. So that means that I won't be online much this weekend until late on Sunday, since I'll probably be in a sleeping coma state by sometime shortly after 9:30 Sunday morning and after I take a nap, I'll be following the NASCAR race from Michigan Sunday afternoon. I already wasn't planning on being online much, but I didn't expect Speed, basically a pseudo NASCAR channel, to have almost the entire 24 Hours of Le Mans (sans two hours of race coverage) on this weekend, which is the most that they've had in years. I believe that money was exchanged between Audi, Toyota, the FIA and the ACO with Fox, who owns Speed Channel.

But anyways, I'm gonna be keeping myself busy, and I'll be headed to bed early tonight, too. I bought some grocheries, but I didn't see my friend yet, because my brother wasn't feeling good and we ended up having frozen food in the car--next Friday or maybe earlier will be my next chance. Hey, I can't control when my brother's sick :( If I could do that, my loved ones would all be healthy, while I'd give the paps and the K&R haters and H'wood executives stuff like diarrhea and hemorrhoids (I think that everyone here would like that!) :twisted:

But I'm happy and I plan on being online (albeit with breaks) until about midnight or so, after which I'll be playing some GT4 and getting to bed early so I can be up in time for the race start. I've been doing this stuff for 6 years, but it's been getting harder and harder for me to watch the whole coverage in recent years, and this year 22 hours will be a stretch. But it's only one day a year, and I'll have some time to recover, and hopefully I'll be having some fun.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Grayce
Settled in Forks

Post by Grayce »

Did ya'll notice the coat Rob's wearing? Looks like the peacoat is back...at least for the photoshoot.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Happy Friday, Everyone!

I was just looking through my Robcrack and found this little jem that I should have posted on Hump Day.

It's never too late for a Hump Day pic, right? :swoon:

Sean - It's great that you have something fun to look forward to this weekend.

Grayce
- Thanks for sharing that tidbit about the final scene of BD2. I am going to be crying my eyes out! Regarding all those different EW covers - Love Bella's sweater dress - maybe she wears that when she goes to see Mr. Jenks?

Lynne - Yes, I predict they'll do flashbacks of ALL the movies. Again, as I said to Grayce. I'm going to be an emotional wreck!!

Caryn - Thanks for preparing some sort of surprise for us....I can only imagine what form it will take. If they are all put together in one form, will we need a paramedic to be standing by? Regarding Mad Men - Hubs and I wanted to be up on pop culture, so to speak, so we started watching it from Season One last fall. It took several episodes to like it. We were hooked after a couple of episodes, but had this icky feeling of - why are we watching this? Almost no character is likeable. It's not necessarily fun, but the art direction is stellar. Some episodes are definitely for shock value. By now I feel I know the characters and want to watch to see what happens in their story lines.

Have a Great Weekend!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

I though that I'd leave you all with some music for the weekend, some new live stuff from Fallen One from the show that they opened for My Favorite Scar today.

Video 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqXWKyuG ... ature=plcp

Video 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p94XeMnA ... ature=plcp

Video 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3YXSzOR ... ature=plcp

Video 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F9iR6rh ... ature=plcp

I hope that you'll enjoy it.

I'll be back later--probably not tomorrow, but I'll for sure be back sometime on Sunday. Have yourselves a good one.