Hello! I'm Fatima, nice to meet you all!

Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Fatima
Settled in Forks

Hello! I'm Fatima, nice to meet you all!

Post by Fatima »

Hey everyone! I'm new here but I'm familiar with the site. I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to join. I'm a huge fan of Twilight and have been since I first read it in the 8th grade. I'm in college now and still a huge fan!

How did I come up with my username? Well actually I didn't get creative. Fatima is my actual name. :)

As I said I read Twilight in 8th grade, before it became this huge franchise. I was about 13 or 14, and I saw this cool looking book with an apple on the cover in the library. It caught my eye and I decided to read it. Next thing I knew, I was hooked and I was waiting for New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn. These books basically were and still are a huge part of my adolescence.

Out of Edward, Bella, and Jacob, I have to say I really like Jacob. I also like Edward. Edward is the perfect, most ideal man, although not without flaws. He's pretty amazing. But there's something so special about Jacob - about how down to earth and free-spirited he is, that makes me feel that I would be incredibly happy with a person like that. I must admit I'm not the biggest fan of Bella - although she does have some admirable qualities, the biggest being that she follows her heart no matter what. I wish I could be like that.

My favorite "minor" character would have to be Leah Clearwater. There's just something so awesome and badass about an underdog. And she's been through a lot and came out of it a stronger person. She also speaks her mind and is not afraid to stand up for herself and her friends. I want to be just like her.

My hobbies - or I guess hobby, is writing. So it's no surprise that I'm a huge fan of Stephenie Meyer - regardless of what people say. "She's a bad writer," "She sends the wrong message to teen girls," "She's anti-feminist," - I don't care about that, and I'm pretty sure she's not crying her way to the bank anyways. I admire that she writes from her heart and writes what she wants - she doesn't do it to please people and I think that's awesome, and there's something just so honest about her writing that I wish I had the courage to have in mine.

Where am I from? Well I live in Seattle, Washington (woohoo same state as the Cullens and the werewolves!), but my family is from Basra, Iraq. My family moved here (U.S) in 1993 to find refuge from dictatorship and war.

I'm 19 years old.

Thanks for reading my intro and I hope to get to know lots of new people here! I'm really exited about being part of this Twilight Universe because I can't seem to find anyone else in my life who is as crazy about Twilight as I am.

And if you are interested in reading samples of my writing, here is my blog: http://fatimaalshemary.wordpress.com/

Thanks again!
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Re: Hello! I'm Fatima, nice to meet you all!

Post by Jestak »

Hi, Fatima, welcome to the forum. :wave: Hope you enjoy it here.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hi, Fatima! Welcome to the Lex!! :D
audreywarenne
Frozen in Time

Post by audreywarenne »

Hey! Welcome to the Lex!
~ Cowards aren't the only ones who die a thousand deaths, sometimes heroes do too
~ I take Banner/Avatar Requests, send a PM
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hi there, Fatima! I'm interested in writing too! There's a writers' forum here. You can check it out here.
Fatima
Settled in Forks

Post by Fatima »

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

And Tornado, thank you for the link, I'll definitely have to check that out.
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Hello and welcome to the Twilight Lexicon!

I’m Openhome, and I’m one of the moderators around here.

We are so pleased you have chosen to join us! The Lex is a large site and can be very confusing at first. To help you navigate through the threads better, please be sure to check out the Welcome Forum and take a look at the threads there. You can begin at the Before You Start Posting thread. This topic contains a wealth of information on how to use our boards.

If you have any questions about posting here, there are three forums set up for you. Newborn in Seattle has a long list of helpful hints and FAQ’s. If you have technical difficulties, go to For the Accident Prone. The site’s rules and policies are found in the Don’t Irritate the Volturi thread. Please be sure to familiarize yourself with them!

If you have any other questions, you can contact any of the moderators by sending them a Private Message (PM). Moderators’ names appear in green. You can also go to the Communing with the Pack forum to ask questions or give us feedback.

See you around the boards!
Openhome