Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Breaking Dawn 2-The Discussion Before the End

Post by marielle »

That's a dangerous question.....
Anything not inline with the book will make me want to kill the script writer and SM... The book was perfect and leaves enough to the imagination to think about what will happen to the Cullen's in the future...

How ever will they change the ending to something horrific, strange or so out of line that it will run off a whole different story, miss SM will have a hell of a lot of explaining to do.

Character deaths will be a non-acceptable... though my vampire heart wouldn't mind to loose a pup, though i would hate for Edward to loose Seth...
Also, the non-violent end in the book is so typical for the Cullen's that to change that will be like changing everything Carlisle stands for and everything the Cullen's have worked so hard for to achieve...

So just keep it with a happy Bella and Edward playing mind tricks...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

Am I the only one slightly put off with how some of the new vampire posters we got yesterday look? Or am I being overly critical? JMO, but the vampires either look really puffy (yeah, I'm using the TW posters as my base for this) or they aren't pale enough for my liking.

I think that if they stick too closely to the non-fight that's present in the book when confronting the Volturi, I'm not going to be too pleased. I thought it was rather boring in the book, and with this new French coven that wasn't in the book, they have a few expendable characters. As much as I'd love to see Jacob go, that breaks canon too much.

I really hope that it ends with Bella lifting her shield and showing Edward her happy memories with him (and no Jacob whatsoever because that irked me in BD 1 when Bella was transforming and they had the mountain kiss from EC) and just fades to black with one of them saying "forever".
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

RebeccaCullen wrote:Am I the only one slightly put off with how some of the new vampire posters we got yesterday look? Or am I being overly critical?
I actually loved the pics...I finally can place the look with the character... I didn't like Carlisle's look but I guess that was too much to hope for anyway... Jasper looked alright at least... and I'm going to love Garret!!!
To the puffy-ness... I think it has to do with the way the make-up and the lighting has been done...they look like that because their make-up makes them too shiny... (or at least I hope I'm right)...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Openhome~ After much delay, I'm finally getting on over here to leave my three cents. Trust me when I say this should be a fun couple of months leading up to BD2...

Hmmm, well isn't that a loaded question!! I've been a very vocal proponent of views similar to Marielle's. By that I mean that one criticism I've never understood about BD (and you know that there are MANY I agree with) is that the ending was boring. Chalk it up, I suppose, to my similarity to Carlisle in that we both abhor violence... well, in my case unless it's directed at certain mongrels or screenwriters. Anyways, the ending of BD always felt perfectly Cullenesque to me. By that I mean that if there was ever a group of individuals who would look for and be able to bring to bear a way to end such a massive conflict without a single loss, it is the Cullens.

Who else would have the absolute desperate drive to do so? If you think about it, it makes perfect sense. Carlisle deplores violence and views taking life as tragic in ANY case. As vampires, the possible loss of their mates is inconceivable, as is their own loss from their mates as they know that their mates would then die as well. As a family, they know they have now found complete balance, all members matched and mated and finally serving their perfect role within the family. Thus, they know that the loss of any one of them might mean the loss of more than one, throwing the family out of balance, destroying it. With the unlimited resources, both financial and in terms of the gifted individuals they have, at their disposal, finding a peaceable solution is not only possible, but quite plausible and I would argue an absolute necessity. In more brief terms, the Cullens are thinkers first and would be the most likely ever to find a cerebral way to resolve the conflict. On top of all of that, that is the ending that SM, the series' and characters' creator, came up with. Changing that changes everything. I could deal with a vision, which is what most of us are assuming. That makes sense to me. But, anything other than the real-live chess match we are supposed to get could anger me.

Now, if there were a good enough reason someone could give me... And by that I mean MUCH better than just , 'it wouldn't play out onscreen' or, 'it's not visually exciting enough', well.. then... I might be able to wrap my head around it. If someone were to convince me that what we see is how it was supposed to end, then maybe it's worth considering. I don't know that I see that ever happening. I mean, we know how the book ends, right?

The bottom line ends up that, given some of the interviews and comments at ComicCon (one in particular), it looks like we might be getting something different than we are expecting after all. Right now, I'm in a state of sort of suspended animation. I am torn between the desire for November 16th to get here as fast as possible so that I can be put out of my misery, and the desire for it never to arrive because I don't want this wonderful ride to ever end.

One thing is for sure. I am so looking forward to this "visual valentine" that we keep hearing about that the anticipation is almost physical. That, to me, is a bit more of an interesting question. Most people believe that they are talking about Bella lifting her shield so that Edward can see her mind. I'm not so sure. Oh I think we'll see that. I dont' think there was anyway we wouldn't see that. But, the way that the cast and production team talked about it, it feels like more to me, like something extra. Tornado had the very intriguing idea that it might be something within that scene, which definitely grabbed me as I had been thinking of them as separate and distinct. What are y'all's thoughts/
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

JG, my thoughts are in line with yours and most everyone else's. Movies are a different medium than books, so I could see how they would want to jazz things up for the final battle. But the ending is absolutely logical. As you say, we have a coven of mated pairs here, enjoining a genuine battle would be tragic for everyone. And once you began cutting down mates, is it even possible to halt the battle before it is truly ended with one side being the clear victor?

That final B&E scene is possible only because the battle ended peacefully, so they are linked together. I seriously doubt BC would try to jam a Braveheart battle in right before that final scene, it wouldn't really work, the scene would be tinged with the tragedies of what had just happened, changing the ending to something bittersweet.

It's possible we may be psyching ourselves out a bit. Having visions or some other representation of a battle scene that isn't real has been around for a while as a possible alternative to the ending of BD. We've discussed it here even before substantial rumors began surfacing that this might actually be in the works. However, for many fans of the books that don't read the forums (and that would be most fans), having these alternative visions will already be radical enough and would come as a complete surprise to them.

There is one bizarre twist that I don't think will happen, but canon says it is possible. The victor of the battle would not necessarily have to lose anyone, they can reattach the victims's body parts. That has never been done before on screen, and has only been shown in the Bree Tanner book. Just saying. Irina does get offed, and the concept of reattachment could be introduced when they burn her body.
marielle wrote:How ever will they change the ending to something horrific, strange or so out of line that it will run off a whole different story, miss SM will have a hell of a lot of explaining to do.

Character deaths will be a non-acceptable... though my vampire heart wouldn't mind to loose a pup, though i would hate for Edward to loose Seth...
One of SM's critical demands for the movies was that essential characters could not be killed off.

If things are radically changed along those lines, then I would assume SM has no plans to continue the series.

I'm keeping my eye on the French coven. What a bizarre talent, the ability to "flick" away your enemies. What use would that be in BD unless it was actually demonstrated? Is this coven expendable cannon fodder as RebeccaCullen suggests, or a creation of SM, maybe even something she was thinking about for a future book? Interesting. I could also see them inserting this additional coven simply to broaden international interest ($$$).
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Violet Sunlight
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Violet Sunlight »

Hello everyone,

Openhome ~ Wow, your question was a difficult question to answer. Every time I thought I was about to come up with something that would be unacceptable to me or that would make me angry, I would take it back. Therefore, speaking for myself, whether BC and SM chose a final battle scene or not or whether they chose to have Bella remove her shield so Edward can read her thoughts or not, I am still going to love the film. I am still going to see it more than once and I am still buying the DVD when it comes out. I feel that “it’s too late” (as Bella would say) for me. I’m locked into the book and the film series. There’s no turning away now, for me anyway.

Also, I’ve never been angry from watching a Twilight film, though many things are not canon. So I can’t even fathom walking out of the theatres angry from watching BD2 because the film did not line up with canon. For me, I think the only way I would walk out angry if somehow they were to do something offensive in the general sense. I’m trusting that SM would have said something or hinted that we need to brace ourselves for something like that, but she did not. Also, I thought BD1 was FABULOUS, so for now, I’m trusting BC’s work. He has given me no reason not to trust him.

Yes, sometimes scenes that break canon do disappoint me, but usually something else in the film is done waaaay better than I imagined and so I kind of am too busy enjoying the good that I don’t have time to dwell on the imperfections. I am going to remain very hopeful that this will be an epic movie like everyone is saying that it will be.

RebeccaCullen ~ The new vampire posters don’t bother me. But then again, I don’t have Twilight posters from the past to compare them to. I really like how the posters make their eyes stand out. Also, regarding Bella’s flash back while transforming, I didn’t see any happy moments from New Moon in there. Her happy time with Jacob, her running through the fountain in Volterra and throwing herself on Edward is not there. I thought that both of those scenes would have been nice to be in there. Maybe they are there and I missed them. Also, would they show the same visual flashback but with audio at the end of BD2? I don’t know, it seems a little redundant to show another flashback. I wish they could somehow show a flash forward. I mean it could be 15-20years before SM writes anything about the Twi-Universe again. But, I’m sure if they do a flashback it will be as sentimental as the one in BD1.

JazzGirl ~ For me, I see a battle being in line with the Cullens’ belief (though it would definitely break canon) only because they are fighting to save a loved one, just like when they fought the newborn army in EC to save Bella. But, as SM has said many times a battle would mean everyone loses. So I think it would be very interesting to see how they work that out. Also, regarding “visual valentine” I must have missed this topic so I don’t know what it means exactly, but the phrase sure sounds pretty.

corona ~ Reattaching vampire body parts, very interesting. That would be something cool to see on screen indeed.

Regarding the French coven, I think you might be right about the extra $$$ this coven could bring this franchise. Or maybe the Deus Ex Machina strikes again and rescues canon and film series from an unsatisfactory ending. Either in the way RebeccaCullen has mentioned or some other way. In any case, I can’t wait to see how this plays out. Also, I wonder how the “flicking” ability is used. Is it with a look or a touch? Does it affect one person at a time or a group? Is it a physical or mental ability? So many questions and too much time until movie comes out.

Lastly, the actor who plays Henri, said they “only appear when the stakes are high”. Hmm. I don’t think what I am about to say is possible, but could this coven affect time somehow?

Okay, I am going to stop for now. My imagination is tired of running.
Violet Sunlight

Hello everyone, :wave:

Well these are just my thoughts regarding the public apology. My sympathies goes out firstly to the innocent parties affected by the current scandal: the Sanders children (especially) and their mother; Rob; all of their respective friends and families; us the Twilight fans; Robert and Kristen’s fans; all the BD2 actors, directors, SM, etc., who will undoubtedly have to deal with this to some unfortunate degree; and the companies who may possibly (hopefully not) experience financial loss with their upcoming films and products. I also, want to express my sympathies to the remorseful parties as well, Kristen and Rupert; and their respective friends and families. Everyone makes mistakes. Even HUGE ones like this one. Speaking for myself, I’m no one to be casting stones at anyone. I pray God give EVERYONE strength and peace to deal with this in its entirety. Unfortunately, I fear this is only the beginning stages of all that will come out regarding this situation.

Okay, with all that being said, I wish, now more than ever, BD2 would have been released last month instead of this coming November. Although fortunately for me, one of my weaknesses has finally paid off. I have a bad habit of zoning out everything and everyone when I watch TV or movies I really like. I’ve been testing my zoning-out quirk on my BD1 dvd and thankfully it’s still working stronger than ever. [**wipes sweat off forehead**] Everyone’s sadness had me worried for a while. Maybe, my little quirk would not have worked if I was extremely attached to Rob and Kristen’s relationship or attached to them as individuals. Regardless, it does hurt me to see so many of fellow Twilight fans hurting and upset even those I have never chatted with. I’m glad things are looking a little better today and hopefully everyday from now on. Hopefully, by November everyone who’s feeling down about the situation will have a different perspective by then and will be able to enjoy BD2 and put this behind us.

Also, though I wish the whole thing would have NEVER happened, I am grateful this did not come to light last year, before BD1 was released and grateful a similar episode did not happen while filming BD1 and BD2. (That we know of.)

Well for Rob, at least this came to light before marriage and children. (I guess to some degree this would apply to Kristen too). Though, there are relationships that survive something like this. We’ll see what happens.

PS On a facetious note, doesn’t it seem like the SWATH poisonous apple tainted the Twilight apple? I mean how could that happen, isn’t the Twilight apple made of knowledge? I think knowledge was out to lunch when the SWATH poisonous apple came around. Sheesh, what a mess!

I also think September is going to be another interesting month (well not as interesting as this one). I think that’s when BD2 official trailer comes out and the SWATH dvd. Oh, and the perfume with Kristen on it comes out too. It will be interesting to see the public’s reaction then.

Remember the good old days, when we just wondered if The Hunger Games was going to do better in theatres than Breaking Dawn instead of wondering is Breaking Dawn going to survive? [**Sigh**]
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Violet Sunlight wrote:PS On a facetious note, doesn’t it seem like the SWATH poisonous apple tainted the Twilight apple? I mean how could that happen, isn’t the Twilight apple made of knowledge? I think knowledge was out to lunch when the SWATH poisonous apple came around. Sheesh, what a mess!
Good one, VS!

Your ability to detach and focus exclusively on the movie is something I think we'll all sorely need.

I can't say recent drama will spoil it for me, but I can't say it won't either. I have a feeling the numbers will be down, especially from returning audience members. Those who can't separate the off-screen drama from the on-screen will find out who they are when they see the movie. I've heard some people in the biz think it may actually help sales. I think they are deluding themselves.

Wait for the audience reception when the BD2 trailer starts hitting the theaters. I'm very curious about that.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Violet Sunlight

Hello everyone, :wave:
corona wrote: Good one, VS!
Thanks, corona.
corona wrote: Your ability to detach and focus exclusively on the movie is something I think we'll all sorely need.

I wish I could share my little quirk with everyone. I thought I would be safe from the emotional rollercoaster by not letting celebrities and their lives get so close to me, but it got me anyway and in a way I didn’t expect. The Twilight fandom is sad, now I’m sad. This sort of reminds me when the vase slipped from Alice’s hands and then all the bad news followed. I’m hoping SM (or Lionsgate or anybody) has a happy ever after in her back pocket again. We sure could use it.
corona wrote: I have a feeling the numbers will be down, especially from returning audience members.
Me too. :worried:

corona wrote: I've heard some people in the biz think it may actually help sales. I think they are deluding themselves.

I must admit this thought did cross my mind too. But then I read an online comment (I can’t remember where, I’ve been all over the place) that said something like the Twilight fandom is not like the Angelina Joelie (I’ve seen a lot of her movies), Kim Kardashian (I’ve watched a lot of her reality shows) or even Tiger Woods (can’t say I’ve ever watch gulf before, maybe while flipping through channels) fandoms, they are mostly male fandoms, Twilight is mostly female fandom. That comment pretty much was the end of this wishful theory for me. :(

Another thing I don’t think is going to happen that a lot of people are wishing would happen is, wanting Kristen to give some sort of explanation for her mistake, I just don’t think that will happen. That would be very out of character for her. I hate to say it, but I think her 3 sentence statement is the first and the last thing she will ever say regarding her private life, and she only gave that statement because the circumstance (and possibly her higher ups) forced her to. Short of her higher ups and Rob requesting something like that from her, I just don’t see her giving any kind of explanation for what happened. Maybe people think this will bring closure or something, but it won’t. It would just further humiliate her, Rob and the Sanders family. IMO, she should NOT give any explanation at all about this, ever. I think forgiveness and putting this behind us is the best thing for everyone. I know it is difficult. But with God all things are possible. :D

corona wrote: Wait for the audience reception when the BD2 trailer starts hitting the theaters. I'm very curious about that.

I know what you mean. BD1’s trailer broke yahoo record for the most watched trailer on their site. It will be a miracle if BD2 does as well. I will be grateful if it does half as well. I will be expecting it to have at least a quarter of BD1’s numbers, anything less will be disappointing to say the least. :worried: It’s kind of a good thing this didn’t happen after the first, second or third movie. We either would have had a very low budget film and/or someone else playing Bella or NO film at all. How bizarre to have to go through something like this with the most expensive and grandest Twilight film of them all? I think I remember hearing someone on one of the red carpet BD2 events saying something like, he was expecting BD2 to make more than the 700M BD1 made in the worldwide box office. I guess that guy, and myself included, should have took the advice of, “don’t count your chickens before they hatch” more seriously than we ever thought possible.

[Side Note] The title of this thread just got a whole new meaning for me and not in a good way. :blink:

PS Okay, very facetious stuff coming up:

I still can’t believe the mess the SWATH poisonous apple has made on all of us innocent and remorseful parties. This gooey tar-like stuff is everywhere and on everyone. I really hope someone comes up with a solution to get this mess off of us. But who can handle a cleanup of this proportion? Who, I ask ya, who??? Hmm . . . . . :think:

:idea: I’ve got it, I’ve got it. We need the highly trained Men in Black :mod: clean-up crew to come and clean up this nightmare with their high-tech equipment. Then we need them to NEURALIZE the whole world. It will be as if the nightmare NEVER happened. Then after they NEURALIZE us they can give us some lame story that fits what just happened. Maybe they could say how this was all a publicity stunt for a new (horror) movie or something, I don't know. [**shrugs shoulders**] Whatever works. Then finally, happiness would be restored to the Twilight Universe. All would be well again. YAY!!

Now, if I could only remember where I put their number right before they NEURALIZED me the last time :blink: . . . . . . .
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Violet Sunlight wrote:I still can’t believe the mess the SWATH poisonous apple has made on all of us innocent and remorseful parties.
How fitting.... never looked at it in that way....
Violet Sunlight wrote:I’ve got it, I’ve got it. We need the highly trained Men in Black clean-up crew to come and clean up this nightmare with their high-tech equipment. Then we need them to NEURALIZE the whole world. It will be as if the nightmare NEVER happened. Then after they NEURALIZE us they can give us some lame story that fits what just happened. Maybe they could say how this was all a publicity stunt for a new (horror) movie or something, I don't know. [**shrugs shoulders**] Whatever works. Then finally, happiness would be restored to the Twilight Universe. All would be well again. YAY!!
Hmmm... that might be the only solution...

Yet, seriously, I do fear the effect of the break up will have on the premiere and the overall popularity of the movie...
It's such a bad time for this too happen but if they had broken up after the premiere everybody would claim they have been acting the whole time... at least now they have still quite a bit of time left to save what can be saved...

I think if Summit was smart they would now release a new trailer. It would draw the attention from the fans back to the movie and away from the scandal. It would only work if they would show something new and not too much of Bella... maybe they should release an Edward pov trailer...