Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by Tornado »

Happy birthday, Desiree! can't beat Susie's present, so I'm not going to try.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody…

Happy Birthday Desiree!!! I hope you had a nice day.

As I posted yesterday evening, we had big news in Holland. As I am a sucker for traditions I love following what is going on with our royal family. I can’t wait to see what is going to happen with a king ruling.
It will take some time to get used to it.

Now posts,

Lynne, I’ll be going on holiday at the end of may.
I’m happy you did stay safe from the floods. Is the bad weather over now or are you expecting more rain?
I think Queen Elizabeth will stay until the end so that William can take over from her. She’ll wait till he has his family all set and has an heir to the throne, I think. I don’t really see Charles becoming king even though he is first inline. The people will want William and Kate.

Susan, I think you have to look up the rules of chess because your MM isn’t doing it correctly. I don’t know how much you want him to learn playing games properly but as he is five I guess it’s okay for him just to have fun with it…
You can expect that small towns very close to the big cities (yes, Arnhem is considered big in Holland) to be more expensive than the towns further away because of commuting distance.
We are going to La Palma, it’s one of the few Islands there that don’t have sandy beaches and white shores. It’s completely volcanic and has black sand and stone for beaches. It’s nature is beautiful and the people really nice. We go hiking there.

Sarah, as from today she isn’t the Queen anymore and we have a king. Officially it will be on the 30th of april that the ceremony is being held.
Yes, the Canary islands are stunning. I have been to 3 so far and they are all so different but so pretty.

Alright, I’m off…
See you all later!!
:wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

I have a post saved in draft cause I can't remember how to post a image. Can someone tell me again. thanks.
Banner by TammyAZ
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Just had a busy day at work. And I know that I'll be busy Thursday--already stuff's lined up for me to do. At least I have 4 hours to do that stuff as opposed to spending a lot of time looking for stuff to do. The new mailing list I have at work is a godsend there :)

Anyways, I have tomorrow off work, and it'll be warm tonight, so I'll try my hand at getting chapter 5 of my fan fic done. Sadly, I haven't gotten very far with finding a new beta at PTB, but that'll probably get started when my current beta sends back the thing that she's been working on for me.

Also, things seemed to be happier at work today, because I found out one of my coworkers got engaged either yesterday or over the weekend. So I think that's kinda cool. Only thing that sucked was that it was raining like hell once I got off work and I nearly got soaked walking out to the car. It was almost like Rob and Jimmy's ideal of water sports, if you guys remember that episode ;)

Other than that, I'll just be up to the same old same old aside from maybe making a steak and going to work on my fan fic.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Little Man went okay on is first day of school. I think he'll be all right. He was a little upset this morning, but he's over it now. His teacher seems very nice.

I'm back to work for our business today, and I'm pleased to say we're doing okay at the moment. Things have picked up a little for this time of year.

marielle - the bad weather has gone now, yes. The floods peaked yesterday, but the peak was not as high as expected, thank heavens. A lot of houses were saved, although some still went under. I think Charles will be king. I think a lot of people have got over the previous problems he's had. I've always quite liked him. I've always thought he's copped more flak than he's deserved.

Sean - keep writing! :)
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Anyone living in the south and southern Ohio valley, be on the lookout tonight--a severe weather outbreak is likely. And even here where I am and in the northern Ohio valley/mid west, thunderstorms are likely tonight and tomorrow. Who'd have though as much in January, but then again, it supposed to be 60 today and tomorrow.

Be safe everyone.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Thank you Susie and Marielle for my Rob gifts. Susie that is one of my favorite pictures of him of course more have been added to that list with all the new ones that have been posted. Still though was one of my favs when I first came to the HH.

Thank you everyone else who sent me b-day wishes. If you noticed for those who are on my fb that I don't mention it. I stopped having b-days a long time ago which is why I am still 25. :D . My poor husband thought it was today. Funny thing is he even mentioned how he feels bad that it is on the night I have school and I agreed with him. We didn't do anything but our busy schedules, but I did on Sunday go to Red Robin (hamburger restaurant) and with a free loyalty card I got my b-day burger for free along with a sundae. It was nice time with my husband and little ones.

Ok I had a thank you card but can't figure out how to load the pictures anymore. Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes.
Banner by TammyAZ
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

Hi Everyone! Just a quickie tonight!

ImageDesiree!!! Hope you enjoyed your birthday burger at Red Robin. And thanks for the reminder, lol. I forgot about that & my birthday is coming up soon too. ;-) Did I ever mention that I actually used to work at a Red Robin when I was in college? Well, I did and I had the unfortunate luck to be the exact right size to fit in the Red Robin suit. It was... not so fun from the inside, LOL Anyway, you asked about posting an image. Did you figure it out? Just hit the "Img" button and when the brackets pop up, just put the IMG code for the photo you want to post in between the brackets.

Lynne~ I am glad you survived the weather last week. Also, congrats on little man starting school. It's kind of ironic actually, the author whose manuscript I'm assigned to at the moment lives in Perth, and her little one is starting school for the first time this week too. Small world, I guess.

Everyone else... good night. I'm sorry if I missed saying hello to you, but I will be around here and there.

Take care!!
~Ginnie

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Now they are saying that we might run out of water to our taps in my suburb. One of the water treatment plants has been shut down. It stopped working because of the high level of dirt in the water it was treating. This would really be a pain in the neck. Not only would it mean that I couldn't get my washing done, we'd have to go and pick up drinking water, we would have to find friends who still had water so we could bathe at their place, and since Little Man's school is just up the road, his school would probably close for the duration too, which could last three days! So I'm really hoping our water doesn't run out!

Desiree - I'm glad you found time to at least go out somewhere, even if it was just for a hamburger.

Ginnie - that is interesting! What has she written about, or can't you say?
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody.

Well I'm bloody earlier at work and already frustrated with a co-worker... urgh! She takes very thing I say or comment on as criticism! Resulting in her sending back very rude emails to me and my boss... even when I ask her just to remember using the proper files and layout in the future. it frustrates me to no end that my boss seems to be taken her side in this... I'm going to stay above it and not comment on it at all. in the future I'll just stick my head in the ground if something goes wrong.

anyway, on to the posts,

Desiree, in the full editor mode you have the Img-button. You need to use that one and paste the url-location in that. (or paste the url-location in the full editor mode, select the text completely and press on the Img-button.
If you want to have the image linked to a text you have to do it like this [url=http//:........] text[/url.] (remove the . from the last url box).
I hope it's clear enough like this.

Sean, on monday a co-worker of mine announced that he popped the question as well...It's so nice to have happy co-workers...
It's raining here like crazy as well but I have to admit I prefer this weather over the snow and cold we had the last two weeks.

Lynne, I'm happy you made it through the bad weather savely again,
I don't know about Charles. I think it might be possible with Elizabeth staying on the throne till she dies that he will die earlier than she. Elizabeth seems like a stubborn woman. one too stubborn to die and Charles seems a bit more fragile... I think Charles has always been blamed for the death of Lady Diana and that's why people doesn't seem to like him. I think over the last years he has redeemed himself and after all it was a forced marriage with Diana. The whole world already knew he was in love with Camilla.

Hey Ginnie, how is your writing project coming?

Alright I guess it's time to get working again.
I'll see you all later!!
:wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house