Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

Hello, sibs! Fairly quick post as I am up too late ....

I am feeling much better, work is more manageable right now for me and counseling is really helping. For one thing it is giving me a reason to focus on my self-care ... like getting to bed at a reasonable time. Total fail on that tonight but for reasons mostly beyond my control ... and this was mostly prewritten so not staying up too late with it. Hubs doing well, kids on and off sick but generally ok ... I started to get sick and then kicked it really quickly, which I again attribute to getting enough sleep. Really haven't done that for oh, about since my 7 year olds were born. Eating better too ... gotta get exercise on track next.

Was reading back posts and noted Songbird's mention of the Valentine's Day party. I began thinking "what on earth shall we post about for Valentine's Day?" and in a couple of seconds started thinking about our group crush ROB OF COURSE! We shall have a lot of fun, I think, especially now that we can do pix! Hope we don't overload the bandwidth ;)

Lynne, thank you for your kindness. It is scary to look at a list of symptoms ... everyone feels like they have lots of symptoms at some point! It's about number, duration, intensity, and how it impacts your life. If you are lethargic and neurotic, those are mommy symptoms too! I am sorry about you having to be a witness in court, that is stressful, but less so than witnessing the crime! If your legal system is a little like ours you will be a witness of fact and only asked what you saw. Just speak clearly of what you witnessed and don't conjecture about stuff. I find it handy to have a glass of water to take sips from - it keeps me hydrated and also gives me an outlet for my nerves, and slows me down a little. In our local courts they have water for you right at the witness stand. Got 2 copies of your book, one for me, one for my niece who is a middle school teacher! I would love for you to sign them. Exciting to hear about your website. I'm sure you've seen JK Rowling's and Steph's, Cassandra Clare also has a nice one and pretty simple ... simple-looking I guess. I think the important part will be being able to build on it if the book takes off. I'n glad that your flooding did not result in a lack of tap water ... funny how that happens!!

Marielle, thank you very much for your sweet words. Your hospital counselor sounds very wise. I read a quote today about everyone knowing that the soft overcomes the hard, the gentle overcomes the rigid, but how it is hard to do in practice. It was from the 6th century :P I have had your experience of coming on too strong in emails at work! Currently I read and re-read and re-read, editing all the time, to make sure my email takes the proper tone ... and I have to try not to write them when I am emotional about the topic, if at all possible. Coworkers are easily alarmed/offended by emails.

Sean, thank you for reaching out and understanding. You are really moving along with your story! Congratulations! I admire you ... it just took me a year to finish 9K words.

Songbird, thank you so much for your empathy and suggestions. I am a moderately religious person and it does help ... just not enough right now. But I do appreciate the sense of peace I gain from my spiritual practices and beliefs. Congratulations on winning the December Cake Day award! I enjoy my cooking and like to play with decorating ... but there's no way I'm winning any contests. It sounds like you are having a great day, and doing great job teaching your kids to read! Congratulations to Bug on her engagement. It sounds like you did exactly the right thing with her behavior ... hold firm and it shouldn't get worse. Congrats to her for being a brave swimming girl!

Desiree, I would hug you back if I could! *virtual hug* Thank you for understanding what I'm going through and the need to step back. A bit late but lots of things are naturals for the crock pot. Maybe chicken cacciatore? Definitely pot roast. It is pouring rain here as well, and cold for the season. We might hit a cheap movie tomorrow.

Sarah, thanks for the sympathy! I've enjoyed everything I've ever read by Orson Scott Card, especially his Ender and Alvin Maker series. I think Alvin Maker is one of the most original and genuine fantasy series I've read.

Susie, Happy Lexiversary!!! I think I have been getting your warm fuzzies, even though I did not read about them until now. Thank you for sending them, sweetie! I finally saw your Hump Day pic. That was very risky on your part. You could have killed one of your sisters DED. I'll say it's a Hump Day! *wicked smirk* YES to your Valentine's Day party! It is fun to be online all at once, I hope we can make it work out! I'm glad you like your invigorating weather! It would be horrible to live there and not love it.

Tammy, your banner of Edward from January is lovely ... that pencil died in a good cause. Your artwork makes a good lure back to the HH, but honestly, I think the reason so many of us FB instead of Lexing is because it is easier, not because it is better. Lexing is better. If you are tempted to do some avie work for me that is only subtly Twilight I would adore that ... I am okay with my avie, but was not really able to get quite the idea I was going for, and you could probably do tons better. My guidelines are 1 using the meadow flowers 2 in a heart motif 3 without overt Twilight references. But if it doesn't inspire you ... I totally understand how Edward can be the difference between making something a chore or fun!

Suzan, whee-oo! That was some niiiice friendly photographic distraction of Rob in Ray-Bans. Thanks for your good wishes and your distraction!

Grayce, good heavens! I'm not sure you need that dog, but I know that you will work hard to teach and train her, you are such a nurturing person.

Ginnie!!! Always happy to see you, honey. Tell us more about work or home anytime.

Chrissie, many of us are bad right now, but we are always working to be better! Good to see you, and happy belated New Year's!

Tonise, if you are here, happy birthday!

To all a good night!
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

HELLO FOLKS!

Just swinging by to say hey! Hope you are all good :)

Quickly wanted to ask:
Lynne - How do I go about pre-ordering a signed copy? Do I just order through the website, but put a note on it? :)

Bye!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

For everyone who is wanting me to sign a copy of my book, you can order it now, but just drop me a message to let me know that you want it signed (or how many you want signed if you have ordered more than one). I'm going to keep a list so that I make sure I sign all the ones that people want signed.

Only grocery shopping here today, although after than I'll be trying to work on a new book trailer.

marielle - it sounds to me like that could be true. Yes, it is law in this country that you have to have a helmet to ride a bicycle.

Brenda
- I'm glad to hear that counselling is helping. I hope you can get through it all. It can be tricky to manage things sometimes. Yes, the witness situation here seems pretty much the same. I'll just say what I saw and leave it at that. I do hope he pleads guilty so I don't have to.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Desiree and Lynne: Thanks for the comments about what I said about the Twilight vampires vs Dracula. I hope that you read the comments I left for Songbird, too.

Everyone: I just got home from work about an hour in a half ago, and the roads are still god awful--they weren't great when I went in, but they're down right horrible now. A school bus got rear-ended just down the road from my house.

Other than that, today was great. I even bought some non-alcoholic sangria, and it was pretty good--tasted a lot better than it smelled. Top Gear will be on later tonight and I plan on catching both showings, especially since they'll be over before 1:00 tonight.

Needless to say, I'm tired of the cold and snow. And in 6 months' I'll be complaining that it's too hot. I hate Ohio's climate. And I wonder why during winter I spend half my time in bed.

Anyways, I just hope that the weather improves tomorrow so I can get some groceries. I want this cold and heavy snow crap to end because I'm tired of how irritable it makes me anymore. Ever since I turned 20, I developed an intolerance to the cold, and I swear it gets worse every year.

At least I found some stuff at Dollar General that looks good for grocheries and hopefully by Wed night I can start to work on fan fiction again.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hello, All!

This is the first time I'm posting on my phone. It's a bit tricky! I'm getting a new laptop at work and the IT guy is now transferring my files from my old laptop to the new one which means zero laptop until tomorrow.

I don't know if Tonise ever checks the Lex anymore, but just im case:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TONISE!

See you all tomorrow!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

I'm about to log off for tonight to have dinner and watch Top Gear. I'm still hoping that the weather will be better tomorrow and I can get some grocheries. I might buy more of that sangria flavored pop I got, and a few other things at Dollar General tomorrow--and yes, we finally have use for a bottle opener at our house as a result :)

I also feel that I should post this, too, since I've talked quite a bit about Rob and Top Gear, here's another thing that has roots in Britain (though it was build under license in Canada, was restored in New Zealand and is American owned):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kehMfW9UnPA

This is it's last flight before it was partially disassembled and shipped back to America. It's due to be reassembled and flying in the US by spring.

I'll be back later :) Good night everyone :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody.

Pffff… I had a horrible night. First I woke up with a nose bleed. I think I must have done something wrong in my sleep. Than two hours later I woke up from a storm raging over the country. Normally I can easily sleep through the bad weather but we had an window open in the other room and it was making terrible noises.
I was happy the cat isn’t afraid of thunder storms so he slept through it without complaining.

All in all I don’t feel really well.

Did you all see the first set pics of The Rover? I’m not sure how I stand with those. I mean there is nothing more sexy than a dirty sweaty Rob… but the hair…Seriously it should be a crime to cut his hair like that. On one pic it looks like he is going bald!!

Alright,

Brenda, I’m happy you are starting to feel better. Sleep is always the answer to a lot of health problems. Our bodies aren’t made to run on 4 hours sleep a day.
At the moment I’m afraid of sending out emails at all. I’m waiting for my manager to return so she can read them before I hit the send button.
Right not I’m trying to live by my own life moto, “Hakuna Matata”… it has been hard lately with the move and all but I’m getting back there.

Lynne, I was wondering the same thing as Jaclyn, I’m planning on buying one as a gift to a good friend of mine who is now traveling in Australia. She’ll be back by the time your book comes out. I’ll try to see if I can order it this weekend.
Hihi, I can so imagine Rob totally forgetting about wearing a helmet. I don’t think it’s a law in the UK. It sure isn’t in Holland. In Germany it’s only for kids. Rob must have been very surprised that they told him to wear a helmet.

Sean, it sounds like you should start thinking about moving south. To a place where it’s still warm in the winter. I’m really jealous of Amy and Joyce, they seem to have great weather.

Susie, did your old laptop die?

Pfff.. Okay, I’m off… need to get some work done.
See you all later.
:wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

Hey guys!
Wow, my last post was on page 174! I've been sooo busy with my internship ending and three different courses at the same time. I'm going crazy! But at least I'm moving towards the business subjects, so that has been a fun and welcome change. Anyways, I'm having lunch, waiting for my next class and thought I'd stop by. There is no way I'll be able to catch up with the posts, sorry. But I do hope that things slow down a bit after the weekend. So hopefully until then! Take care!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

This morning Hubby is going to do a new headshot for me. I hope there's at least one photo I'm happy with. I hate getting my photo taken. We're doing a bit more work on my website tonight. Hopefully it will be up and running soon.

Little Man seems to be doing better at school this week. We'll see if it continues.

marielle - yes, I'm sure Rob was surprised about the helmet thing. I know a lot of people of all ages had serious injuries in bike accidents before they brought it in. I've always thought it was a good idea. Buy as many of my books as you like! :D Just let me know which ones you'd like me to sign.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Marielle: I won't like the south either. They still have ice and snow storms, tornadoes, and it gets insanely hot/humid down there. I think that 80 is hot here in the summer because of the humidity! And even dry heat gets to me. I need a place that's like 45-75 degrees all year to be honest. But that only covers spring and fall here.

Everyone: Got a ton of groceries after work today, including some more chicken, some sangria-flavored pop and fruit drinks, and some coffee.

And I can say that the weather is better, and though it's supposed to snow tonight, no one here really has to go out in it, and by tomorrow the roads should be fine.

Tonight, I'm gonna try and get some good dinner and start on Chapter 6 of my fan fic, which should be fun and I've been planning what I want to put in it for a while. It involves a female character from Guyver, but she runs into a lot of the Cullen vampires and such. I'm not gonna spoil you too much about what she's gonna do, but it involves party planning.

So that's what I have planned tonight, since I don't have work tomorrow.

I'll be back later :)