Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
therealmrswhitlock
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by therealmrswhitlock »

Never seen Orlando in anything but Pirates??? YOU'VE NEVER SEEN THE TRILOGY? As in The Lord of the Rings???? You simply MUST see them! The Trilogy (and now The Hobbits) are practically the only book adaptations I'm thrilled with. Some would say I nitpick too much but I think eliminating a seemingly minor character who just happens to be part of a MAJOR plot point (Mike Newell (director) and Steve Klovis (writer) of Goblet of Fire I'm talking about you) seems like a big deal to me lol.

Well, that's all from me today!
Left my heart on the Gen Y thread....<3 my Lexily!
How could anyone say no to this face? Awww....
Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

Oh what an idiot, I forgot about them! He looks so different that's why :lol: yes I've seen them, but not the Hobbit. I'll see it when it's released on DVD, but I couldn't face the idea of sitting in the cinema for that long.
I haven't read the books to know if they're good adaptations! I'm picky when it comes to that too. Who are you talking about with Goblet, Ludo Bagman or Bertha Jorkins?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

I've never seen any of those trilogies either ;) too long for me! But I do love Orlando!

Yeah we finally took down our Christmas tree haha. Took ages but it's packed away and done. Been working around the house and working tons :)

Really excited that Survivor premieres tonight as well!

Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

Haha did you keep it up and on display this long? I bet your house looks empty without it now! Sounds like you've been really productive :)

I've never watched it, is that the reality show?
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

It's a fake one since Jason's allergic so yep it was on display and I decided we should leave it up until February just for fun. But it's all packed away and I'm focusing on organizing the rest of the house :)

Yes Survivor is a reality show and very much like it's name..they compete in tribes against one another while battling the elements.

Do you have any weekend plans? How was your valentines day?

therealmrswhitlock
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by therealmrswhitlock »

Um, I was actually talking about Winky. I don't think it was a huge deal leaving Ludo out, it just changed up how things happened at the world cup a little bit. But without Winky, they had to completely overhaul the whole Barty Croutch, Jr. storyline lol.
Left my heart on the Gen Y thread....<3 my Lexily!
How could anyone say no to this face? Awww....
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

What book are you guys talking about? Still about the Hobbit? :)

I can't seem to concentrate on any book at the moment!

Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

Hey! Urgh I'm sorry, this past week-and-a-bit has been constant busy stress. Finally have a second to myself!

You must be glad to have your tree down now :lol: was Survivor any good? Worth the wait? It was Zach's weekend to come over the weekend before Valentine's, so we celebrated then. Went for a meal (food was amazing) and sat and had a few drinks after. Very simple but very good :) I was sulking on the actual day of Valentine's because he wasn't here, so my sister and me sat and watched romcoms and ignored the world, haha. How was yours?

We're still talking about Harry Potter! The films more than the books, and what they missed out. I wasn't too fussed about Winky not showing up; I was far more annoyed at how they missed out a lot of Harry's parents in Phoenix. It was one of my favourite of the books and by far my least favourite film.

When I get a second to read again, I'm going to re-read the Mortal Instruments books. With how time-strained I am lately, I might be able to re-read them before the movie comes out in August. :lol: Has anyone read them? What did you think?
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

The girls on the Robs halfway house thread have an online book club going where they're reading the Mortal Instruments book, City of Bones. I opted out of that one but we're thinking about starting HP and I'm debating reading them. Maybe after I take my math test :)

I so sympathize this week has been just freaking ridiculous and I'm so exhausted. Do you have any fun plans? How's teaching going?

Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

I've been attempting to re-read that too, but the only time I have for reading lately seems to be on my lunch break, which isn't exactly good reading time! Did you start HP?

Eurgh, fun plans are for people with lives! Again, I've been so busy. February was horrible; everything that could go wrong pretty much went horrifically wrong. When it rained, it monsoon-ed. Zach and I had a series of arguments which were awful, school got very stressful with planning, and we had some bad news in the family so I'm only just back from home again to carry on with university and school. I'm hoping March is kinder!

How have you been? Have you been working much, or teaching?