Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Yes, I came down with the dreaded 'flu. So did Hubby, and he usually never gets anything. He didn't have it too bad though. My stomach still doesn't feel quite right, although I am eating normally.

I'm working for Rochelle today, but from home. One of her kids is sick too. I hope she doesn't have the same thing or it will probably go through all of them in no time!

Suzan - Please do write a review! :) That wallpaper's pretty good. :)
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

-There! Some gorgeous photos of our Kristen!

Whew, this weekend has been crazy. Jason was gone all weekend, camping with his friends out on a farm :) Yesterday was Hallmark's big ornament premiere kick off (yes, for Christmas) and it was pretty fun, but not quite as busy as my boss wanted. The weather was gorgeous so I couldn't exactly fault anyone who wasn't thinking about our ornaments..aside from the hard core collectors, most people think we're crazy! I watched a few movies with a girlfriend last night after work as well.

Today was the best though..I went shopping at a big mall about 30 minutes away and scored some awesome Twilight stuff at their Hot Topic :D Then I laid out and enjoyed the sun..:) Relaxing Sunday!

Suzan-wow, that sounds busy but a lot of fun. I hate sun burns!! And 65 is standard, but I know that people who work past that age, if they can't afford to retire then. Or some people work beyond that because they like to. I just started Breaking Dawn since I've been so busy with work!

Lynne-oh no, I'm so sorry. Yuck!! I hate stomach flus. Feel better soon! And I appreciate real characters..I don't like fake ones, especially in Christian novels. I need them to seem real, not plastic!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Just thought I'd sneak in and show you something ...

TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Oooooo pretty!!! :D So awesome!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Kinda a long day at work--there wasn't much at all to do and no one there had much to offer me to work on. I guess that I shouldn't complain--I did get paid to not do much, after all. But it made most of the 5 hours I worked seem like an eternity.

At least I'm getting more hours at work now, and I might be getting more tomorrow. Andrea is in Columbus with her daughter having medical tests done. If Andrea is able to get all of that done today, then I'll be off work tomorrow. If not, I should be getting a call from Renee by 9:00 tonight, and I'll be in tomorrow from 12:00 to when ever I get off work. Hey, it's more money and more time in a room with AC!

Only frustrating part is that there wasn't much to do today. So I spent most of the time checking out the weather and reading--I only got a handful of calls and only 1-2 visitors at the lobby all day. Hopefully next time I work that long--be it tomorrow or Friday--there'll be more stuff to work on.

Other than that and the fact that it's horrid outside with the heat and humidity, today was alright. Top Gear is on tonight, and I might work on fan fic if I don't get that call from Renee. And over the next day or two, I have to either hope that my brother gets a MS Office activation code to keep my current MS Office instal in effect, or have it reinstalled.

Either way, I'm glad that I have a few cold drinks and a huge fan blowing on me now!

UPDATE: I'll be working from 12:00 to 5:00 tomorrow.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Hey everybody,

I'm sorry I was missing againg... I'm so busy at the moment and yesterday when I had finally time to write a post the internet connexion at my work wa dead...
Today, I don't have much time to post but I'll do a few quick replies...

Jaclyn, I'm all for a European HH-con... Though I only have one bed so I can't have you all over to stay with me... I might have room for one more besides Susie but that person has to sleep on either an air matress or a mat. It might be better than that we arrange a hotel that isn't too expensive.

Suzanne, the kittens will come to stay with us in two weeks time. We are going to the Zwarte Cross Festival on Saturday and pick the kittens up on our way home.

Lynne, the cover looks great...thought aren't you afraid that it's too different from the first one, people might see it as not linked to each other at first.

Susie, I bet you are very happy that your daughter is coming home soon... What will she do when she gets back? Take a vacation and look for a job or is she going back to school?

Alright, that's it for now... Hello to all that I missed.

see you all soon!!!
:wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Last week of school!!! Yay! Bug is already wanting to sleep. When I woke her up for school one day last week, she asked me when vacation was so she could sleep. She told me she was going to sleep in every day and I told her she couldn’t sleep in EVERY day, because we were going to do some fun things in the vacation, and she said she was going to stay home and sleep. So I said we would maybe go to the zoo, or to an amusement park and she said she’d go to the amusement park, but anything else she was going to stay home and sleep. LOL
My trip is only a couple weeks away and I do NOT feel ready at all. I hate that feeling. I don’t like loose ends and as I don’t know exactly what my dad will need when, where we’ll need to be when, I can’t make concrete plans and it is KILLING me. The light at the end of the tunnel is that there is a library book sale in my home town while I’m there, and my best friend has a family reunion in Wyo, so she’s planning to drive out from California and go to that and then come out to our home town and spend some time with me. So new books and my BFF...should save my sanity.
I am one big pile of sore today!!! The weather over the weekend was dry, but not too hot, so I did a TON of yard work and my muscles are protesting, though thanks to my regular workouts, it’s not as bad as it usually is. But my yard looks SO much better. Someday when I win big in the lottery, I’ll have to get rid of the grass and put in nice tiles or something that’s less maintainance (because I am a total herbology squib...you need a plant to die, I’m your girl!). The grass is completely dead, and there are patches of clover, moss, dandilions...I’m just really not good at taking care of a yard. But for now, it will have to do, and when the kids are older, we can get rid of the slide and the swing and then we can think about redoing both the front and the back yards.

Lynne, how are you feeling now? Is the stomach gremlin gone? Those are so miserable. MM was sick this weekend..fever, headache, stomach ache...that was bad enough, but I really hate the ones with stomach issues. Blech!
I am so super excited for The Crown!!! Is it listed on Goodreads yet? I’m guessing probably not, but it’s on my “to read” list on my computer.
I know...I can’t wait for Shasta to finish The Heir...I’m sure she’ll LOVE the next parts. She may have finished it by now, but I haven’t talked to her much in the last couple of days. Sometimes we chat every day, but right now she’s going through some life stuff that’s going to make some huge changes and she’s not been as chatty and when she is, it’s more that she needs my support than that we’re talking about fun stuff like books. I’ll have to ask her if she finished yet.

Susie, we’ll have to think about how to do the phone thing while I’m in the US...I’ll be skyping with my kids and hubs a bit, but I won’t be using my cell phone if I can help it because international rates are insane, and since I don’t know where I’ll be staying when, it’s hard to know when the best time will be. Do you have skype?

Sarah, Cake Day is just a day that my friends and I came up with. We were always posting about things we were making, usually cakes, brownies, cookies, etc...and then we’d all have to share the recipe and everyone was trying stuff...so we decided we needed a day every month to enjoy cake, and to have something to look forward to in a rough month. So the 2nd Thursday of every month was designated Cake Day. Once in a while we do little contests, and we have a page on FB so that if we see a really awesome cake idea, we can share it. It’s pretty informal. We used to do themes every month...like cupcakes, or cakes that have to do with booze, or chocolate cakes, etc, but we found that people didn’t usually follow the theme anyway, so now we only do themes when we do a contest.
Well, I know some women need to get out of the house to work and the time away gives them an outlet and makes them better moms. But I’m not one of them. As much as I wish I could help contribute to the finances, I really need to be there for my kids right now while they are young. I wouldn’t mind day care for a couple of hours a week, but it’s not something that I want them there all day every day while I’m working full time, and it’s hard to find a job that has the flexibility I need for the kids. If you’ve got that at Hallmark, my advice is to keep it!!!

Suzan, how fun! I LOVE boat tours, don’t you? I think they are THE way to get acquainted with European cities. They point out all the most interesting spots and you can decide which ones you want to include in your site seeing, and you can find a lot of little gems that you wouldn’t have known about if you weren’t on that tour. We did boat tours in Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin (though that one was crappy because they rerouted us due to some boating race and the re-route was basically just an empty canal...we didn’t really get to see anything). What are the local ones like? I’ve never been to Dordrecht.
Wow...your GRANDMOTHER just turned 65?? My father is 80! Were your parents very young when they got married? My parents were quite old by society's standards, but you are in your 20s, correct? I would have expected your grandparents to be older.
I don’t know if that website had the episode I was looking for. I tried to go to that page, and my antivirus came up and said it was a dangerous site with known security risks, so I didn't follow through.
Yep, I’d have to stick to weekends, too, for a meet up. The kids will have school in that time, so I wouldn’t be able to go anywhere during the week. Though they are planning all sorts of rehearsals in the weekends for choir....dance rehearsals are on Sundays and now they’ve scheduled rehearsals with the combo for Saturdays. Some of them are optional, but there’s no way everyone can be at rehearsals every weekend on BOTH days...that’s just not going to work.

Sean, the humidity sure makes a difference, doesn’t it? We’ve had really nice weather the last few days...it’s been dry, but not overly hot. But today it’s warmer, and it’s only going to get hotter this week.

Jaclyn, as Marielle can’t have everyone stay with her, I can probably put someone up as well...we don’t have an extra bed, but we have a couch, or my inlaws have an air mattress we could borrow. So if you came over, you wouldn’t have to stay in a hotel. The only problem is that we’re all spread across the country and our house wouldn't be as restful as a hotel with the munchkins. But you'd be welcome.

Marielle, I’m guessing that internet is back up? You were sure missed!!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Just swinging in for a quick reply about EuroHHCon!

Marielle & Songbird - you guys are so sweet to offer to put people up!

I think we should post a fb thing (as most people check that more often) and see who would be up for it, and try and get a date. I really really want to go and the earlier I can book a flight, the cheaper it will be :-)

So, maybe chat about it over on fb? Can see if anyone else around the place would like to meet up?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

It's Little Man's 7th birthday at the moment, and he is on the floor putting lego together with his dad. We're having the family around tonight for fish and chips and birthday cake. I'm looking forward to it, but just hoping we all stay well!

marielle - it does have some similarities. It has a single element as the main feature, and this element (the crown) has a triangular type shape, which the keyhole also had (although this one's wider). The font is the same. The position of the different writing parts (series, title, author name) are more or less the same. Since this story is more sci-fi, it should probably look a little different to demonstrate that this story is also beyond the first.

Songbird - oh, for a child that will sleep in! You are so lucky! I'm glad your yard looks better, even if it did wear you out. Yes, I think I'm well now. My stomach seems to have settled down. No, The Crown probably won't be listed on Goodreads until it's actually released. It will be up on Amazon earlier, though, but not for a month or so yet. We still have a few things to finalise. I hope Shasta's as enthusiastic as you!
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all :)

Busy day again, both jobs but I feel really productive! Tomorrow I'm finally getting a chance to get to the movies and see The Croods, a cute animated movie that came out months ago...we have a cheaper theater that plays movies after they leave the regular theater so I'm pretty excited to get out a little bit! I'm still working on Breaking Dawn..I've been too tired/busy to read much but my copy of BD 1 extended edition just came in the mail which I'd like to watch this week so we'll see what happens :)

In other news, I'm officially getting a kitty! My friend needs a new home for her sweet kitty that loves to be petted so we're going to do a trial run starting Saturday to see how my dog handles it, hopefully well!

Hi Marielle! Hope you're doing well!!

Song-I think it makes sense to work less when your kiddos are young! I could never work full time when I have kids, I don't even like to do it now. I'm enjoying working more while I finally have the time without feeling guilty about school for once.

Lynne-yay, birthdays! Hope the party goes well!

Hi to anyone I missed!