Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

It's Valentine's Day! I bought my hubby money to buy books. He bought me chocolates and I'm supposed to be watching what I eat. *sigh*

Did you the photos Caryn posted on Facebook of Rob in Childhood of a Leader? I don't even remember hearing about this movie! Man, he looks good! Thought I'd post one here just because ...

This weekend is much quieter than last weekend, which is good. I need a bit of a break. There's not much on today at all.

Susan - yes, we run our photography business, but it's joint owned between us and Darryl's parents. Now they are retiring and he is going to do his own thing.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Today I'm preparing for Valentine's Day, though I ended up buying a dessert instead of making one. All the Weight Watchers recipes I looked at I just didn't think looked good or was labor intensive so I gave up and hit the Wal-Mart bakery and got some mini chocolate lava cakes ;) I'll have to eat pretty carefully over the next week to make up for tomorrow since we're also going out to lunch at a steakhouse :) I think I'll make chocolate covered strawberries as a healthier snack though.

Lynne-I've found low fat chocolates and cookies to help me with the cravings..I told Jason to specifically get me those. Other than that, I have no idea what he got me. I got him a shirt..so creative, right?

So is your husband going to stay in the photography business? Can he just use the clients you guys currently have, probably not if you guys are selling it right? That's super stressful!

Song-I'm so glad to hear MM is doing better! That had to have been so stressful! Do you have anything fun planned for their week off?

Michelle-it works, but I have to be super disciplined.This week I cooked twice just to get back in the habit of it, even though it means measuring things exactly. It also forces me to eat more fruits and vegetables because all of those are "free", meaning they don't count against my daily point total. That's how it makes you lose weight, because you only get so many points a day (for me, I get 26 because I'm five foot and am curvy) and I have to decide what's worth it..should I spend it on cookies or on filling foods? Do I want to only eat salad all day so I can have a lot of cookies? :P
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Our church is having a kids vs adults cricket match today which my son and husband are really looking forward to. Me, not so much. I'm not a sports fan. But the kids' team seems a little down on numbers so I might even have to play. :roll:

Sarah - those chocolate lava cakes sound yum! Yeah, I'm going to try and be good all week after the chocolates. I wish I was like my hubby and could eat anything and never gain weight. Our business' current clients are all real estate agents and Hubby will be marketing to the photographers themselves. He certainly won't be doing any of the other photographers in Brisbane, though, as that wouldn't be fair to the new owners of our business. That doesn't matter, though, because most of what he does will be online he intends to have clients from all over the world.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

The new pillow did seem to help with my sleep last night, and I'm sorta in a good mood today. That being said, it's cold, and I'm not very interested in the whole Fifty Shades of Grey stuff and I can also give a crap less about the NASCAR race tonight, too. I'm waiting for the new Audi R18 stuff to come out, but that can happen between now and the end of the month, maybe the first week or March. It's almost like waiting for a warm up to come, which by next weekend or something it's gonna be like 40-50 degrees warmer than it is now.

So I'll figure out what I want for dinner and look up some Audi stuff after I'm done taking a nap.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!

It’s my Halfway House anniversary! Five years ago, I stumbled onto this thread when someone posted leaked stills from Eclipse on “Eclipse- the movie” and then linked on the Rob’s Halfway House. Of course I clicked on the link and the rest is history! I’ve always thought it was serendipitous that it happened on Valentine’s Day.

I hope you’re all having a great weekend! Sonny Boy (21) didn’t have any plans for Valentine's Day so all three of us went out to a brew pub for burgers tonight. Tomorrow my niece (26) is coming to visit from Duluth (2.5 hours drive). We don’t see her very often, so I’m really looking forward to it! She’ll stay overnight and go back on Monday. She’s a teacher, as am I, so we have the day off (Presidents Day). For those of you who read my blog, she was guest blogger #4 in November.

Now on to your posts -

Susan – Longmire – I’ve seen one episode and I really liked it. Is it in Wyoming? I’ll bet it really makes you long for home. Downton – you’ve seen season 5, I’m sure. It was broadcast in the UK in the fall. Only one more season, as was officially announced. Regarding agents – I met four agents at the writing conference last summer and I’m still waiting to hear back from two who requested materials from me. Before the conference I had sent out to about 40 agents, but it’s hard to get them to even read the email if they don’t know who you are. So that’s why I paid extra to do the speed dating thing with the agents called “pitch slam”. Boyhood is quite unique because it was filmed over 12 years with the same cast, so you actually see the boy grow up! BE CAREFUL BIKING! You are scaring me. I'm glad MM is doing better.

Sarah – As long as you are happy, that’s what counts. Who cares if it sounds boring to other people? Perhaps people don’t understand contentment. But if you ever do feel like you’re in a rut, getting out and meeting new people is great to introduce you to new possibilities in life. Thanks for saying I’ve inspired you! Weight Watchers – well, it’s hard when we spend time with men who can eat more than we can!! I’ve cut out all sweets and most bread and I think that just melts the pounds off – that and cutting down the portions. I eat a lot of protein and that keeps me feeling full.

Lynne – Believe me, I know I’m in good company where it comes to agent rejects, or even more –lack of any kind of reply! They must be buried under submissions. Even if they actually wanted to take on a good portion of them, they physically wouldn’t have time to represent them all! Air conditioner? It’s below zero Fahrenheit here today. (I only say that to help cool you down!) I’d be nervous about the sale of the business too, but there’s only so much speculation you can do about possible outcomes. You might just have to see how it goes.

Michelle – That sounds like Mardi Gras – before Ash Wednesday, essentially. Perhaps the days are different. Is it the Greek Orthodox Christian Church? Sounds like a fun party, but the 50 days without meat doesn’t sound fun. I LOVED the Host!! I just love how Stephenie seems to know how to write about the soul.

Sean – What bad luck with the car’s wheel! You definitely didn’t need that to happen. I hope you start feeling better. That’s just not a good way to live, feeling ill half of the time. I would also examine your diet and see if you could incorporate more fruits and vegetables. Drink water rather than soda or juice. Did you go to the dance?

Have a great week everyone! :wave:
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

This weekend has been a great one. Saturday nothing happened, and today, I get up, I vomit, lay back down, get back up, vomit, and here I am now. I'll probably spend a lot of my day bed-ridden because of being sick, and I can't really hold anything down, even water.

Hopefully I'll make it to my doctors appointment tomorrow without issues, but right now, I'm pretty sick and tired, and all I wanna do is sleep.

I'll be back later.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Our new air conditioner is not working properly. We tried it on the weekend and it is blowing air but not cooling. Really annoyed. The company we went with was reputable and definitely NOT cheap. We hope this means they'll come out pronto to fix it.

I'm feeling weary and a bit down today as I'm trying to find more ways to market my books. Every other author seems to have more followers and likers than I do in spite of my best efforts to get both. It's very frustrating. On a brighter note, Rochelle has read my new manuscript and liked it! :D She's stopped short of saying that she definitely wants to publish it just yet and has suggested some changes (none of which are major) but it's looking positive so that's nice.

Susie - I hope your burgers were nice. I think they're quite acceptable for Valentine's Day, but I am weird. :D Yes, I know I'll just have to wait and see how things go. I just wish I could know in advance what was going to happen so I could make contingency plans. It would be great right now if Alice was my best friend!
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Happy Belated Valentine's Day!!!!!!!

Yesterday Jason and I spent a quiet day together. We had lunch at Outback Steakhouse and then took a nice long nap before watching comedies all evening and eating leftovers from lunch :) We also did a quick pick up of the house because our landlord came over this morning and fixed a few things which was super nice!

Lynne-oh I'm so glad she liked your book!! That's encouraging :) Sucks about your air conditioner though :/

Susie-oh that sounds fun :) I love a good burger!! Yesterday was the first time I'd had red meet (besides lunch meat) in almost a month and it was so delicious. It's been nice to catch up with you on here again!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hi there!

A man showed up yesterday and fixed the air conditioner. It turned out they'd just forgotten to connect the gas. It's working fine now.

Not much on today but that's still fine by me. I'm continuing to try and find new ways to share about The Heir being on special.

Sarah - I love nice days like that - a good meal followed by a night at home. Yes, it is encouraging about the book. Hopefully other people will like it too.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hellooooooo?????