Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Wow, it's quiet here!

Is anyone else paying attention to the Twilight short films thing still? I haven't since I heard the original cast isn't coming back (not that I expect them to) it just won't be the same. All the pitches were horribly written with little thought to grammar or real plot, with the exception of a few!

I'm already seeing ads for the pre-order for Mockingjay: Part 1. It comes out in 2 weeks so I'm doing my research to figure out which one to buy :)
michelle
Learning to Love Green

Post by michelle »

Hey guys!

No news from here. I’m glad you had had fun on Valentine’s Day! To celebrate the day I watched on TV two Greek films back to back! 8-)

Sarah: So, if you like eating vegetables and fruits you “make space” for lots of chocolate and sweets? Sounds good! As far as the Twilight Stories are concerned, yes it’s a pity that we won’t have the chance to see our good old friends, but at least we will get to see something… :)

Lynne: I didn’t know that Rob is making a new movie either. And yeah, he looks gorgeous… Did you get to play cricket after all?

Song: Yes, carnival is celebrated here, too. A lot of people though -my family included, thank God- don’t participate to the celebrations. So, the last time I’ve been to the Carnival, will be about 25 years ago, when I was 10!!! :D

Susie: Yes, you are correct! We celebrate Ash Wednesday, too, but on Monday (the coming Monday to be exact!!!). It’s called Clean Monday and it’s the day when people stop eating milk, eggs and fish till Easter. In the past when I was younger I would follow the whole procedure, too, but now I only abstain from meat.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Just when I started to feel better for the first time since Sunday, I'm sick again with pretty much the same thing as before. I've basically been sick all week, and it's getting old. I've felt so wiped out that I've spent more time in bed hoping that sleeping and resting would make me feel better than anything else. I just wanna be able to go to work Friday now more than anything else.

What's even better is that it's forecast to be -20 tomorrow night where I live, and that's gonna make me feel so much better. I just want all of this crap to end.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

I just posted a short piece of footage on Facebook of Rob riding a camel in the Queen of the Desert movie. I'll post it here as well if you want to check it out.

I enjoyed working with Rochelle yesterday. She seems enthusiastic about my new manuscript but doesn't like the title. I told her that she has to think of a new one if she doesn't like it because it took me three years to think of that one! She laughed and said she thought of a good one the other day but now she's forgotten it! Book titles can be tricky!

Sarah - I have been following them a little. Even if the pitches are bad it doesn't mean the end product has to be. I'll definitely look at them when they come out. This is mainly about people starting out in the industry, though, so I'm not expecting anything up to the standard of the movies we've already had.

Michelle - I knew he was making two other movies but not that one! I'm looking forward to it now as well. Yes, I did get to play cricket, although I only acted as a runner for someone else for a few overs. I'm not a big cricket fan. Ironically, they still awarded me player of the match!
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Hi sibs. I think I caught a stomach bug from my son. He came home from my in-laws' last night and woke up throwing up and the whole nine yards this morning. Now I'm feeling not so hot. Just thought I'd drop by to say hi since I wasn't on at all on the weekend and only a couple of minutes on Monday because I had to work. I was supposed to be at a meeting tonight, but half of us couldn't make it, so I'm using the time to catch up. It's been so busy the last few days!

Lynne, glad they got the air conditioner fixed. I hope they didn't charge you for it since it was their mistake! Amazon sent me an ad about The Heir sale today because I had looked at it in the past. Hopefully more people will see it and snap it up!
I hadn't heard about that movie either! But I will have to watch it. I can't find much about it.

Sarah, I would have a hard time. Does it matter how the veggies are cooked? Does it have to be raw, or steamed, or can they be boiled, etc? Do they have to be fresh or can you use frozen/canned? I actually LOVE veggies and fruits, but I also love my sweets, and I love carbs. I'm a big fan of pasta, which is bad.

Susie, Longmire is set in Wyoming, but the filming is done in New Mexico...looks about the same, but I can't imagine why they didn't film in Wyoming. Sure, Jackson is really expensive as a tourist trap, but the rest of the state is really cheap...I can't imagine they got a better deal in NM, unless it's because of availability of accommodations, etc. But considering the fictional town of Durant is based on Buffalo in the Bighorn Mountains, that's right near one of the biggest towns in the state...2 actually. It's rather disappointing to me that it's not actually filmed there.
Yes, I saw season 5 of Downton, but not on TV. I watched it online because it wasn't on here yet. I didn't know they had announced there would only be one more season. Sad!!!
Yes, I remember the Pitch Slam. The friend I beta read for does all sorts of contests that are sort of like that. You submit your book and then they choose 5 or 10 from each genre and those people get to meet with an agent who deals in that genre and you pitch your book to them. She also just came in 2nd in a contest for a publishers deal. It was apparently VERY close...she almost won and the judges were divided, but the publisher decided the other book was more in line with what they usually do. You might look into that kind of a deal. Lynne might look into it, too, if Rochelle doesn't publish the new one.
Boyhood sounds interesting! I will have to look into it!

Sean, feel better! I feel your pain!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Weather still sucks, and it will continue to do so until this weekend and get nasty again next week. But at least for once I'm not sick as a dog. I'll be headed into work tomorrow and hopefully getting a Domino's pizza on the way home.

Anyways, here's a couple of new pics from that band Liana that I like:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 2526_o.jpg

https://scontent-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot ... 8749_o.jpg

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

We have a cyclone heading our way (you call them hurricanes). It's making landfall in about five minutes. Fortunately, where it's hitting is not populated and by the time it gets to a populated area it should be category 3, rather than the category 5 it is at the moment. By the time it reaches us it should be pretty much over but we're still getting a LOT of rain right now. We're hoping it doesn't cause too much damage.

Susan - oh dear! I hope you feel better soon. No, they didn't charge us. Their work has a five year guarantee, so that was all good.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

We're going okay here at the moment. There's a lull. It is expected to get back to raining hard later today.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

It's good to see other people around here :)

This week was intense, work wise, adjusting to a major staffing change, so I'm relieved it's Friday! I hung out with my Mom and ran errands, including taking Jason's car in for an oil change so he wouldn't have to deal with it on a weekend :)

Lynne-Glad you got it fixed, that's so annoying since you like, just got it! I'm so glad you guys are okay and not affected by the hurricane!

Song-it's hard, but I just try to make it work. It's working, slowly, the more I make myself eat the right stuff. I've lost 7 pounds in about a month. Usually I lose a lot quicker but I've been sick and had SO much work drama going on that I haven't been as dedicated as I should be. You can use frozen or canned if it doesn't have additional sweeteners in it. I'm learning to think fruit is sweet, not just chocolate ;) I absolutely LOVE sweets too but there are plenty of low fat options to help me get those fixes that I keep around.

Michelle-I didn't realize Rob was doing that movie either! Cool :) I don't exactly love fruits and veggies but I know they're good for me and I want to get healthy again.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I went to work, had a decent day, got my pizza, and here I am now. I'm not 100%, but I'm miles away from how I was most of this week.

So in short I had a pretty good day, but now I must try and sneak in a little rest after being up most of today, the first time I can say that since last week as well.

I'll be back later :)