Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
michelle
Learning to Love Green

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by michelle »

Hi there everyone! I am here, too! :D

My laptop adapter died in the weekend and I had to order a new one so as to be able to surf the internet properly. Did you know there are universal adapters that work with almost any device? Well there are, and one of those saved me because at the beginning I was sure that I will have to buy a new laptop.

On Monday we had a public holiday. I think I have mentioned before that we call it Clean Monday. That day we also fly kites (which we didn’t this year because it was raining heavily) and we eat legumes, sea food (octopus, cuttlefish, shrimps etc), spinach pies… generally food that doesn’t contain meat, milk, eggs or fish. We also have a special bread made only for the day, which looks like this:
https://www.google.gr/search?q=%CE%BB%C ... CAYQ_AUoAQ

Sean, I didn’t know electric skillets existed! Do you have to use the same amount of oil as with the common ones in order to fry something or they are considered a healthier means of cooking?

Sarah I know exactly what you mean. And it’s true, if there is no harmony in the workplace, there is no peace of mind either. Thank God things are better now!

Lynne I’m sorry that you are feeling blue. I wish I could advertise the trilogy, but my friends don’t read books in English. Do your author friends that you mention use the same practice as yours for advertising their books? Don’t they have any other tips to share? I hope everything turns out well and you will feel better really soon!
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Today was another good day. I'm starting to train the new girl on my specialty, floors, which is wonderful as it gives me a break from them.

Now that work is back on track, it gives me the motivation to keep working on both my reading list and my house. The past few weeks I've been so distracted I haven't wanted to do much of either but this past weekend I flew through two books by Christian chick lit author, Judy Baer, and am trying to get caught up on laundry.

Lynne-I'm sorry it didn't go that well :/ I'm not sure what else you could try......

Michelle-Wow, that bread looks interesting and delicious! I'm glad you figured out that laptop adapter, I'd be sad if mine died too.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Pork chops were great last night. I still have some left that I can try and make later on tonight for dinner.

And good news on my Audi watching: The 2015 Audi R18 will be shown at the Geneva Motorshow on Tuesday, and photos and specs are due to be released by then, as well as the fact that Audi will have 1-2 of the cars also testing at Sebring all week next week, including on the eve of the Geneva press launch.

I have a small outing today, nothing too big, but depending on weather conditions, it might be cancelled, which is no big deal this time around; I have plenty of things to do at home today.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I'm working for our business today trying to get it all worked out before we finish up with it officially next Friday. Unofficially, we're not sure if the new owners will have a base for it by then so it might have to stay in our house for a bit longer. We'll see.

Michelle - thanks for your well wishes. Don't worry. At least you enjoyed the trilogy! :) I think most of my friends have sold more because they have different publishers with higher profiles and more advertising behind them. Clean Monday sounds fun. It's a pity you weren't able to fly your kite, though. My son's going through a kite craze at the moment.

Sarah - I know I sold some copies so it's not like it was a complete loss. In fact, Rochelle seems happy with how much I am selling, which is a good thing. It's just difficult when I market my head off and can't even make the top 100 in any of the three genres my books fall in!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I had a good outing today. I have one planned for next week, and the week after that I'll be going to the Cleveland Autoshow.

Speaking of Autoshows, Audi have stuck to their guns with a Tuesday March 3rd release of photos and info for the 2015 R18 e-tron quattro, but ahead of that, Audi did release press photos and information of the new second generation Audi R8:

http://fourtitude.com/news/Audi_News_1/ ... -v10-plus/

The new R8 is basically an Audi built and reskinned Lamborghini Huracan, which makes sense as Lamborghini is part of Volkswagen Group, like Audi, and Audi is the owner of Lamborghini care of Volkswagen Group. And the top version of the R8, the R8 V10 Plus (sort of a homologation version of the R8 for the FIA GT3 championship) uses the same 610 bhp V10 as the Huracan.

So that's basically what I have going on right now.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Mr Spock has died. :( I thought, after I heard about him being rushed to hospital earlier in the week, that that might be it for him. At least he had a good run.

Today my brother is coming home from England. He tried to make a go of it there but it was too expensive for him with his low income, so he's coming back here. I hope he'll be able to pick himself up and dust himself off and keep on going.

There's not much else on. Quiet today. A little busier tomorrow.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Very quiet weekend over here! I spent yesterday doing laundry and ended up baking (Weight Watcher approved ;) ) cookies. Thankfully Jason loves to eat so I'm sure he'll help me finish them off!

Tomorrow I'm going to see Cinderella on Broadway, in Seattle, not New York. It was a Christmas present from my father in law and I'm really excited to be taking one of my friends who is a Disney fanatic as well.

Lynne-I'm glad you sold some copies but that has to be hard, working so hard but not seeing many results. What was your brother doing in England? I've heard it's expensive but I still want to visit there so badly. The history is fascinating to me.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

This morning we have church and then this afternoon we're going to my parents' place, where we'll be able to catch up with my brother a bit more now that he's back.

He's really thin. He looked positvely gaunt. I don't think he's been eating well. Never mind - my mother will soon fatten him up!

Sarah - I hope you enjoy the play! Although I like them, they are a bit on the expensive side, so I don't go very much. My brother originally went to England intending to stay there and live. But he found he just couldn't afford it, especially since he only works in after school care, so is effectively part time and found it difficult to find somewhere to live that he could afford, while still buying things like clothes and food. At least he had a go.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

I guess everyone's having a good weekend!
michelle
Learning to Love Green

Post by michelle »

Happy March guys!

Here on 1st of March we have this tradition that we put on a bracelet made of red and white thread. In the old days it was supposed to protect women from getting tanned. (Now is in style to be tanned, but not in the distant past!) I know that in other European countries also make this bracelet but in order to celebrate the coming of this month and also women’s day, on March 8th.

Breaking Dawn Part 1 was on TV yesterday. My heart skipped one (or more) beats again. So many mixed emotions as we are approaching towards the end… :cry:

And in order to exterminate myself I just watched a documentary called “The Cove”, which was about the slaughtering of dolphins in Japan. Guys, although it’s heartbreaking, I recommend that you watch it.

Lynne I am not a Star Trek fan, but it was really touching to watch in the news about Leonard Nimoy’s last tweet “Life is like a garden…” and what those in NASA tweeted about him being an inspiration for many of them. Oh and I also learnt that he was the director of the movie “Three men and a baby” which I loved as a kid…

Sarah, how was the trip to Seattle and the play? What a beautiful present from your father-in-law! :)