Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Songbird »

Hi all! I'm feeling much better now, thank goodness. I hope we're all done with it. It's certainly making the rounds at school.
We got the kids' report cards a day early. I just love report card day!! I hated it when I was a kid...so stressful! My mom was so strict and my brother was really smart and always got straight A's I don't even think he ever even got an A- and I just couldn't keep up, but my mom expected me to get top grades, so I was always terrified I'd have a B and get in trouble. I got an A- in American History once and my mom told me if I didn't bring it up the next quarter, I'd not be allowed to go to speech and debate tournaments. But now that it's my kids, I LOVE report card day. We try to make it fun and we do Dessert Day, where they get to pick out desserts to eat for dinner...nothing but desserts. (Hubby and I had Kofta, because our stomachs can't handle only desserts) But the kids both did super. They are both still in the top 20% nationally according to their testing and they both got high marks from their teachers, too. Very proud of them. Bug worked SOOOO hard on her multiplication tables. I think they both earned their dessert day! And they were proud of themselves, which is the most important thing.

Lynne, that must be frustrating to see how well your friend is doing when you are struggling! Is it in the same genre?
Why was it a problem if the "leader" said it should be ok? It's not like you did it without permission. And sometimes you have to just make a decision...not everyone will always agree with everything. Whatever it was, I'm sure you didn't mean to step on toes and hopefully the leader can smooth it over.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Well, we officially no longer own or are involved in our business. We'll see how long it goes before the new owners call us and ask for help!

I had an Intimo party last night. They do lingerie and fashion. I had six people there, which was great. Because I was hosting I was able to get quite a few things cheaply and I think I got everything I wanted. :D

Susan - I'm glad to hear you're feeling better! It's terrible to have that kind of thing. It's also great that the kids are doing so well! Yes, I quite like it when Little Man gets his report card. He usually performs pretty well too. No, my friend writes in a different genre and hers is a lot more specific, which is probably why she got so high. I think my three genres - YA, sci-fi and romance are among the most popular genres for writers so if I did ever get to the top in any of them it would be a sign I was doing REALLY well.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Crazy week this week with training, I think she's coming along well, it's just tiring having to move extra quick to make up for the training time. Today I was forced to stop and just relax since I caught some sort of stomach bug :/ the new girl got it yesterday and I was going to cover her cleans today since I'm normally off Fridays but I felt awful all night and had to call in which I never do! Thankfully my boss understood! She's just worried about getting it herself and I don't blame her. Yuck. I've spent the day reading, sleeping, and hanging out with Jason who doesn't feel that great either. He did go to the store and get sicky supplies as well as Mockingjay since it just came out to DVD today :)

Lynne-of course I bought a copy, I just haven't settled down with it yet :) I'll keep the contest in mind since I'm sure it won't take me that long to read. Sorry you're having issues, people perceptions of us can be bothersome when they're not seeing our true intentions :/ Glad your party went well!

Song-Glad you're feeling better!! How troublesome, to deal with bullies. After all the hard work you've done with MM! So frustrating! I love the idea of your report card celebration, so they're excited, not put under so much pressure!

Jason isn't that into theater but he'll watch musical movies with me :) So I took along a girlfriend who I knew would appreciate it so much more than he would which he was totally fine with.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I had a pretty good but long day today. I got home, ate and went to sleep.

Now I'll be spending the night looking up some stuff and rest up this weekend. The weather is finally starting to warm up and it'll pretty much stay that way for a while. I also have a trip up to Cleveland to the Autoshow up there next Thursday.

Also, some high resolution photos of Audi testing this week, with today supposedly being their last day of testing at Sebring:

http://www.racer.com/images/igallery/or ... 4801-4900/

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
michelle
Learning to Love Green

Post by michelle »

Hi guys! No news from here… Yesterday I watched on TV the film “Snow Falling on Cedars”, starring Ethan Hawke. It was good.

Sarah, get well soon! I hope you are already feeling better. I am glad you like the tradition stuff I mention! I must admit that when I read the things you say about places like Seattle for example or the drive there, I instantly get in the saga mood! I love this feeling! :)

Lynne the pros of hosting parties like this! You can get things cheaper! Did you also have to prepare food for those who attended the gathering?
The link of the Lullaby that you posted won’t open but I found it on youtube as you suggested! Thank you for thinking those of us who don’t have facebook! You had also posted (and I forgot to thank you) a video with Rob on a camel which in my opinion was hilarious! :D

Song, you make the reports card day fun! :clap:
About the bullying thing, is all over the news here for like a month now that a 20-year-old guy is reported as missing. A week ago it was revealed that he was being bullied by his classmates!!! Can you believe it? 20 years old! It’s so infuriating and disappointing! I don’t know what I would have done if I were you. I guess you should explain to the kids that they must tell you anything that makes them feel stressed. Did things like that happen when you were at school guys? I remember people making fun of others, but physical abuse? Never! Let’s hope that this “trend” will cease to exist soon…
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Yesterday was an up and down day for me.

First, someone posted a review of The Heir on Goodreads which suggested it was sexist. I hadn't heard that one before! it seemed to be along similar lines to the people who suggest that Twilight is sexist - Sarah is too dependent on Dan, etc. I have answers for these assertions but I'm not allowed to respond to negative reviews. It's against Goodreads policy.

However, later there was good news. I haven't said this on Facebook yet, but I'll let you guys know here. Rochelle wants to contract my new novel! We have to think of a new title and she wants me to change a couple of really small things, so it's all good. Her husband read it and enjoyed it. Unlike her, he didn't think it was predictable, which was, I think, her biggest concern about it.

Sarah - goodness, you're sick too! That's no good. At least you had Mockingjay to watch. I hope when you read The Heir you don't think it's sexist! :D

Michelle - I'll have to put Snow Falling on Cedars on my Quickflix list. I'm glad you managed to see those videos and enjoyed them. :)
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

So after Friday battling nausea, it somehow turned into a head cold! I have no idea how that happened but thank God I'm feeling better today than yesterday! The down time has been kind of nice, I've spent a lot of time reading and watching TV with Jason.

We haven't watched Mockingjay yet because it seemed kind of intense and I haven't been in the mood to see it yet, as great as it is. I'll definitely download the digital copy for my phone and probably listen to it at work tomorrow.

Lynne-I doubt I'll think it's sexist..if I didn't think Twilight was (because of how dependent Bella seems on Edward), I won't think The Heir is. People are stupid sometimes ;) I'm so glad Rochelle picked up your new book!! Yay!!! :clap: :clap:

Michelle-have you done a Google Earth search of the areas? I'm sure that would give you a gorgeous view of them! I love doing that with other countries, just to day dream about traveling.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Today's Hubby's first day of work in his new business. Most of it's going to be spent setting up the office and sorting through stuff from the old business. I hope we can get it all done without too much trouble.

Sarah - I hope that's the case! :) Yes, it's great about the new book. Now we've just got to think of a title for it!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I kinda had a slow, mellow weekend. At least the weather was decent for once. Only big thing that I'm looking forward to now is going to Cleveland on Thursday for the Autoshow. But other than that, I don't really have much to write about.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

One of my Facebook friends has just pointed out that The Reign has been nominated for an award! It's for a conference I'm going to in a few weeks. She's now added me to a few other categories. The Reign is in the YA and sci-fi categories, Verindon is in the series category and Dan/Keridan is in the boyfriend category. If you'd like to vote you can go here. I can't see the ones she's added but you can add me yourselves in those categories if you like. I am definitely already listed in the sci-fi category.