Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I'll be using today as a catch up day and to do some stuff that I've been putting off and for getting ready for Thursday when I go up to Cleveland. In terms of Audi stuff, someone from Audi stated in the French automotive/motorsport magazine AutoHebdo that Audi will have a public launch for the 2015 R18 on March 19th.

Other than that, I'll just be getting ready for work tomorrow and my visit to Cleveland on Thursday, as well as making some fried chicken tonight.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Just a run-of-the-mill day today. I'll help Hubby with a bit more setting up of his business.

We've bought a new (old) car. We haven't been happy with our car for a while so we thought we'd get a new one and then we'll try and sell the old one. We've bought a Kia Cerato (don't know if you have them where you are; they're Korean) and will pick it up tomorrow.
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

I'm so tired! I think I'm catching Bug's cold. Poor girl has been coughing up a storm the last couple of nights. I got home from choir last night and she was in tears because her throat hurt so badly. I felt so bad for her and I let her come snuggle in bed with me and daddy so she could read for a few minutes and calm down. She seemed to sleep well after that. I hope I don't get the cough. I HATE coughing. But I feel drained and tired and I have the feeling in my sinuses like I'm coming down with something, so I took zinc. Hope it helps.
We had our meetings with the teachers last night to discuss report cards, etc. All the teachers were impressed with their work, so that's good. Bug's teacher just said "Such a good report...yeah...I don't know what else to say. Her report speaks for itself!" The only thing she said is that they made a new seating arrangement and put all the "plus" kids together. (Plus is what they call the kids who get extra, more advanced work. There are plus groups for reading and math and Bug is in both) I guess there's some work that the kids can work on together, but they have to get through the normal work first, then they can move on to plus work and they put the plus kids (all 5 of them) together so they can work together if they'd like to, but Bug rarely gets to the plus work because she insists on perfection and takes too much time to get the regular work done. The teacher said she could do SO much more, but she is just too precise and neat. Her other teacher told me once that sometimes she tells Bug "Ok, and now I want you to write sloppily!" But if that's the only problem, no one is going to complain. And MM's teachers said he's doing really well, especially since he's basically a year younger than most of the kids. His only issue is sometimes getting distracted, but also his emotional/social development. He wants so much to fit in, but he's not like most of the boys, who like razzing each other and who play pretty wildly at recess, etc. He's much more focused on his work and much quieter and he's an easy target for the more...boisterous boys. And he's being bullied still, but the incident I reported was never documented by the school, nor shared with other staff members, so no one realized there had been multiple incidents. Now that it has been brought to their attention, I expect it to be handled. They can't claim ignorance next time.

Lynne, that's so exciting about the other book! Do you know when it will come out? What genre is it? I plan to go vote for verindon on that site, too. Did you want people to comment on the bad review since you can't do it yourself?
I hope the new car works out. I love getting a new car, though I hate the new car smell..it gives me SUCH a headache and makes my motion sickness worse.

Sarah, I hope you are feeling better!! Sometimes it's nice to have a break, but too bad it's not a real break since you're sick.
I'm the same as you with dreaming about traveling to other places. I desperately want to go to Italy, and also to Ireland...then probably Greece is 3rd on my list, but I also want to go back to London and see the things I missed in September, and do the studio tour again now that they added the Hogwarts steam engine! Then of course I want to see various places in the U.S. I want to go to Forks/Port Angeles. I want to go back to Orlando and see the expansion to the Wizarding World, but I want to wait until the hype dies down. When I went to the original park, it was only a month after they opened it and it was SO packed and not worth the money to get in because you couldn't SEE anything and had to wait just to get in the shops! The rides were taking HOURS in the lines. So I want to go back, but not just now. And I LOVE DisneyWorld, so I can't go enough times. I've been there 5 times, but it's just not enough. I want to see the Grand Canyon and Vegas. I want to go to New York City again. I want to get to Philadelphia to see revolutionary war sites, and Connecticut to do some genealogy. My travel list is long and varied!

Michelle, yes, we dealt with bullies a lot when I was a kid. I remember there was this one kid who had quite a reputation around town. I was probably...6 or 7 years old and this kid took a dislike to by brother, who is a year older than I am. He bounced a basketball on my brother's head, threatened to beat him up...I remember telling him to leave my brother alone and he threatened to beat me up too. And then we were at a playground one day and he was there and I don't even remember what he did, but my mom saw it, whatever it was and grabbed him by his ear and marched him into the rec. center and called his mom. When he was in high school he climbed on top of the school building at homecoming and shot the windows out of cars in the parking lot. And there was another kid who had a reputation for being a bully...also a few years older than we were, and I remember when I was 13, this girl who was older than me was a teacher's aide for my science class and she came in one day and climbed on a chair and announced that she had just punched the kid in the face and everyone cheered...and magically none of the teachers had seen a THING and there were no witnesses! There was a lot of verbal bullying that went on, but there were a few physical ones, too.

Sean, I hope your trip to Cleveland is great!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

We're picking up our new (well, not brand new) car today. It will be good to have a car that's only a few years old. Never had one like that before! Now we have to sell our old one. Not looking forward to jumping through all those hoops but it has to be done. We can't afford two cars.

Susan - I hope Bug is feeling better and that you don't get it too! Hopefully MM's teachers will be on the ball when it comes to that bullying. I have no tolerance for bullies. My new book is a contemporary drama (not even really a romance, which is unusual for me!) but I don't know when it's going to be released yet. As you're my friend on Goodreads (I think you are, anyway) it's probably not a good idea to comment on this woman's review. It is just her opinion, after all.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey everyone,

I'm still battling a bit of a cold but I've been managing at work alright. Yesterday was hectic because right as I was leaving for work, Jason called and told me his grandma passed away. She was 91 and lived a good long life but it's still sad. The funeral has been set but not until later in the month. It's on a Friday so thankfully I can go but my boss said she would work with me on it anyway. She was a sweet old lady and very generous to us, spoiling me rotten at my bridal shower. The sheets she bought us are still my favorites.

Lynne-We don't have the Ceratos here but I've owned two Kia Spectras in the past. Looks like a cute car!

Song-I haven't been to Disney World since I was five but my grandma lives like an hour outside of it so I'm thinking that we will probably have a trek out her way in the next few years. I'm really excited to go to Cars Land, which is in Disney California Adventure, but I'm glad it's been a while since it opened. The Frozen characters are also there until May 15th which is awesome as well. I love hearing about your kiddos, glad they're doing well!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I'll be going to Cleveland tomorrow morning to the Autoshow up there. I'll be up there much of the day, and hopefully I'll have fun.

For tonight, I'll be trying to rest up and make myself some fried chicken later on. And I'll be waiting for next Thursday as that's the day that Audi will have a public unveiling of the 2015 Le Mans program.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey folks!

We've got the car and we're all happy with it, although I have yet to drive it. It's nice to have a more recent car. Now to sell the other one!

Today I'm planning to finish off my manuscript and send it off to Rochelle. Hopefully next week we'll sign the contract and she'll be able to give me a release date.

Sarah - Sorry to hear about Jason's grandma. :hug: It's sad no matter how old they are. I'm thinking of you both.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I had a great time in Cleveland today, spent a ton of time at the autoshow, and had a fun ride to and from. I didn't take a lot of photos--my friend took them--but I had a lot of fun and brought home a lot of stuff today.

Now I'll be getting ready to watch F1 practice and getting ready for work tomorrow.

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

It's Saturday here. Little Man has cricket this morning and this afternoon we're taking my brother to Ikea to buy a bookshelf as a late birthday present.

I finished going through my new manuscript yesterday and have sent it back to Rochelle. I'm hoping that next week we'll sign the contract and I'll find out exactly when it's scheduled for release. Not sure if it will be this year or next year.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Everyone must be having a busy weekend!