Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

It's a big grand final weekend over here, with both major football codes playing it out to see who's been the best this year. I hate sport, so it's been a difficult weekend for me. Once the rugby league final was over last night, Hubby and I sat down to watch the latest episode of Doctor Who, which was really great! Much better than football!

Sarah
- I've been looking at the promos for The Intern and thought it looked good. Glad to hear you enjoyed it. Yeah, it was great to have the most successful signing in a while.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Today was uneventful--stayed up way to long into the morning and went straight to bed after my parents left. So, I haven't done much so far today. However, I do have plans for looking up some stuff before getting some sleep in before I head to work tomorrow. After which I'll be getting ready for my trip to Akron on Tuesday.

Also, considering that this is October, I'd love to know what's in pumpkin spice, so I can either make it or buy it if pumpkin spice is retailed in stores. Also, this being that time of year, too, I have to admit that I have a bit of a thing for Lydia from Beetlejuice, especially the cartoon. She's an intelligent, thoughtful, cute goth girl who actually wouldn't seem out of place as a character in some of the stuff that I like, such as the Twilight Saga novels.

But that's basically what I have going on now.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

School holidays are over, and Little Man will go back today. Yesterday was Labor Day, so it was a long weekend, and a hot one! We had an early taste of summer yesterday, with temperatures soaring, although at least humidity stayed low. It won't be as bad today, but still above average. I hate summer! :(
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all!

This weekend is finishing nicely. Yesterday I went to Best Buy and watched the final Mockingjay trailer since they were exclusively showing it for the weekend, I'm sure it'll premiere online soon. Today I spent a good chunk of the day re-arranging and trying to organize our bedroom as it's become quite cluttered and it always amazes me how tiring it is to de-clutter!

Lynne-the Intern was pretty clean, only a few cringe moments, and a good story. Sorry to hear about all your heat, I think I must've sent it to you as we're back to the rainy, cloudy season.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

So annoyed about this news about the 'new' Twilight stuff. I don't want to read a gender-bended version of Twilight. I'm fell so disappointed and let down. A short story from another character's past would have been preferable to this. :rant:

Sarah - yes, I've seen the Mockingjay trailer. It looks pretty good.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Today work went smoothly, the new Mockingjay trailer debuted online, and we were given some weird Twilight news. I have no idea what to think. I'm thinking I'm rather annoyed, as I would LOVE Midnight Sun or behind the scenes stuff ect. I never expected a gender reversal!

Lynne-I'm quite shocked and I think annoyed with Stephenie. Glad you liked the Mockingjay trailer, I think it looks great.
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

I had to reset my password. :blush: Guess it's been a while since I've been on the actual page. :wave: Any of you who aren't on FaceBook, I've MISSED YOU! ((HUGS))

Things the last few months have been stressful and I'm not looking for them to calm down anytime soon. It may be early Summer before I get a break now with the Holiday's coming up, our hospital is being sold so all of our jobs are :?: , and then in January the husband and I are booked for our very first cruise.
There's a theme for the cruise and we'll get to meet and hang out with some of the cast from TWD!!! :swoon:

The boys are both gone now.
The oldest is Navy and stationed in Japan. He's been over there about a year and half now. Miss him like crazy but very proud of him. He's 20 now and has been working out since he's been in so he's huge now. This little boy I remember teaching to drive just a few years ago, didn't even come to my chin (and I'm not tall) is now 6'1" and built like a brick $#!+ house. Truthfully, I'm a little jealous. He's getting all these great experiences and he's now been to Australia, Japan, India, and Korea. We wait for him to post pictures and live vicariously through him. Sort of wish I had joined the military...except for missing his family and home, he's having a great time. He may get to come home for a short time before the end of the year. it will all depend on his schedule and amount of leave he has accumulated. :beg:

The youngest...he's 17...knows everything...is living with another family :cry: . He decided he wanted to move back from his mother's, 4 hours away, for his last year of high school. There's been some serious concerns so his Dad told him he should finish school there. He got it in his head that he's old enough to be on his own, more or less, so convinced a friend's parents that we didn't want him and his mother allowed him to move in with them. We were getting his room set up for him to bring a load of his stuff up one Sunday and his mother texted that "he's already moved into his new home with his new family who loved him like he is their own". Was kind of a gut punch, especially for his dad. He's talked to him since then and gives him money every week for school but things were awkward for a while. And all that will stop in April and he'll be 18. I don't think he realizes how difficult he's making it on himself but he's one of those who will have to learn the hard way. I miss him too, but at the same time, I haven't seen him since last April and am still a little upset with him. He won't come over to the house. For several reasons, he and I don't get along. Up until this incident, that wasn't so bad. Now, it's the elephant in the room so it's less stressful for both of us if he just doesn't come around. May make the holidays more interesting...and awkward. I'm sure once he's graduated and is actually on his own, I won't see him much if at all.

Guess I need to get back to work. I'll try to be back on later but if not, I'll see ya'll soon.
Grayce
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

I have a job interview today for a job that's like what I do for Rochelle. I'm not sure I want it but I don't necessarily have an option, as Hubby's work isn't doing as well as he'd hoped and I will probably need some more money soon. The hardest part for me is that I will probably need to work several days on school holidays, which breaks my heart, because I want to be there for my son, and I always have been up until this point. I find it difficult to deal with. I know it's the norm for many mothers but I can't handle the thought for myself. I just hope I don't have to go full time. The guilt of that would kill me.

Sarah - Yes, I'm really annoyed at what SM's done. I have no interest in reading it.

Beth - nice to see you back and great to see all the things going on with your family. :) Hopefully we'll see more of you!
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

It's been fun seeing everyone's reactions to the new book and from what the other Lex'ers have posted on FB, it looks bizarre. I can't imagine Bella and Edward as opposite genders anymore than I can picture Jasper and Emmett as girls either. I still have no idea what Stephenie was thinking!

I'm afraid to read it, lest it tarnish the wonderfulness that is the Saga. I began reading Beautiful Creatures when the movie came home and it's premise is similar, so I put it down pretty quickly.

Lynne-Good luck with the job interview, although you sound sad about it :/ I don't currently work full time either and I'm hoping I never have to go back to it..and I don't even have kids yet. Hopefully your writing will continue to go well!

Beth-hey there! I'm Sarah on the Facebook group, so I've likely talked to you before ;) Sorry to hear about your kids though :(
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Went for that job interview yesterday, and although she seems reluctant to let me only work five hours a day, she seems keen to have me on board. She also seems okay with me working less in the school holidays, which is a big relief. She's going to let me know today, and I'm not sure if I want her to say yes or no. The money would be good, that's for sure.

Sarah - yeah, still don't know if I want to read it. We'll see.