Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

We got locked out of our last clients' house so it was earlier day than we planned, so I was able to get Peeta to the groomer. It only takes about five minutes but he's not very happy about it. I bribed him back into my good graces with cat nip ;)

I'm excited for this weekend, we actually have some plans-with Jason's cousins to go out on a triple date (two other couples) and I'm seeing my nerdy BFF tomorrow night for a girls night.

Lynne
-Yeah, I guess so. It's interesting to read, as she acknowledges she's bounced from man to man over the years and she finally realized it was because of a low self esteem. That's weird your client wouldn't wait to hear from you :/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Work was better yesterday. I did two sample edits on different jobs. We give people a free 30 minute sample edit so we can work out how long it will take to edit their whole book. I don't know if either of them will go for it. We'll see.

Little Man's supposed to be having cricket this morning but it's raining so we don't know what is going to happen. He's not happy about that. He's been looking forward to it all week. Practise was also cancelled because of the weather. I may soon have an very disappointed boy on my hands!

Sarah - So the client didn't remember to leave things open for you? That must be frustrating. Hope you enjoy your triple date and girls' night. Sounds fun. : :)
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

My girls night was fun :) We had dinner out at a fast food place that I don't have near me (my friend lives about 20 minutes away) and then went to the mall there. She helped me find stuff for Valentine's Day, I opted to put together a little gift bag full of goodies, like different candy and snacks, plus a few gardening things since it's almost spring. Today I went out with my Mom and got it almost finished, plus it was good to see her as well.

Lynne-oh I hope you get new clients, yay :) When is your rainy season typically?
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

It was my birthday yesterday and I had a hugely busy weekend. Saturday morning was quiet as Little Man was at cricket with his dad. Then on Saturday afternoon, my in-laws had booked me a massage/facial/manicure/pedicure, which was lovely. In the evening, we went with them to an Italian restaurant not far from us that we'd been meaning to try for years. It lived up to its reputation. Great food. :D

Yesterday, I wanted to visit a rose farm and get a new rose along with some stuff designed to keep roses healthy in Queensland's climate. This is what I asked Hubby to get me for my birthday. It's about an hour's drive away, so we went way out into the country and got everything I wanted. Then we stopped in a little town called Kalbar and I had freshly made scones (I believe Americans call them biscuits) with home made strawberry jam and cream. It had a nice outlook to the country area, and the coffee shop we were in had a TV with the car racing on so the boys enjoyed themselves too! Then in the afternoon we had my parents and my brother around for cheesecake. So there was a lot of eating and a lot of fun!

Sarah - our wet season usually starts in November and runs until about now. It hasn't been very wet this year, at least, not at our place. Just about everything's gone around us. Glad you've got Valentine's Day sorted. I've got to think about that now my birthday's over.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

It's Super Bowl Sunday here and even though our Seahawks aren't playing, we decided to make a day out of it anyway. Jason made pulled pork sandwiches and I made baked pickle chips for an appetizer, which turned out delicious. Jason's Dad is here and we're rooting for the team we don't like the least ;)

Yesterday we went out for dinner with Jason's cousins and I saw my Mom earlier in the day. All in all, a good weekend!

Lynne-Happy birthday!!! :clap: :clap: It sounds like you had a lot of fun and ate a lot of yummy things, which is how birthdays are supposed to be!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Yesterday at work was boring. I really need an editing job. I'm tired of sending follow up emails and making phone calls to see if people want to work with us. I did two sample edits on Friday (we offer a free 30 minute sample edit so people can see what we can do) and I was hoping to get one of them, but one of the authors sent me an extremely rude email telling me that I had no idea how a Canadian rural romance should sound and that he didn't realise an editor's job was to stifle an author's individual voice. This is really code for I actually suggested he had work to do on his novel, rather than tell him it was great and that he only needed to fix a few spelling mistakes. While I maybe shouldn't have suggested some para or sentence alterations, he does need to fix up other problems. And it's my job as an editor to say what's wrong! It's what we do! And reviewers are going to be far more merciless once the book is published.

I'm hoping the other guy will accept my help and by the time I get there on Thursday, there will be an editing job for me to do!

Sarah - Yes, I did have fun on my birthday. I wish I was still relaxing over the weekend! I'm glad you enjoyed the Superbowl. :)
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I went to the doctor today and on Thursday I have blood work and neck x-rays to be done on my neck. Other than that, I'm still ticked that it's 70 degrees and sunny everyday where Audi are having a 6 day test for their R18 Le Mans car, while here it'll be bitterly cold until sometime next week.

And it's sort of more frustrating that there probably won't be any info on what Audi are doing until after the fact, and only then it'll probably be just a paragraph about the test and probably no photos or videos.

But at least I do have an outing/other doctors appointment tomorrow for something to do.

I'll be back later.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Rochelle contacted me about my latest novel yesterday. The good news is that she wants a few changes that aren't hugely difficult for me to make and then she wants to contract it. The bad news is that I'm starting to doubt the story myself. I gave it to some of my closest online supporters so that they could tell me what they thought and not one of them has let me know, which makes me think they're either not interested enough to finish it or they don't like it at all. This book is extremely different from the Verindon trilogy and this makes me nervous that I'll lose all the fans I've gained through that by releasing this book. I'm so worried about it failing that I'm not even sure I want it to go ahead.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Yesterday was errand day, like most Mondays are, and I tried to get more de-cluttering done. The more junk I remove from the house, the more I realize we have, so it feels like a never ending process! But since we're seriously looking into buying a house this summer, it needs to get done.

Tonight we're going over to my parents house for dinner and games since we were sick last week. Should be fun!

Lynne-Aww, why are you doubting your book? Do you feel like you're too close to it and need another set of eyes on it? I'd be happy to help if you want. I hope you get an editing job soon!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

I'm feeling a bit more positive about the book today. Got a lot done on it yesterday, so I'm hopeful I'm getting it right. I contacted my friends and they've just been too busy to read it! Hopefully it will be okay.

I've got work today and I'm really hoping an editing job has come in. I don't want another boring day of making follow up phone calls.

Sarah - authors go through this kind of stuff all the time. So you're planning to move? Yeah, that sure is when you realise how much stuff you've accumulated over the years! Moving my parents in 2014 was a nightmare after they'd spend over 30 years in the same house!