Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Last night was fun! We had dinner with my parents and played Clue (the Office version, with characters from the American version of the show) and Yahtzee. It was nice to hang out and relax with them.

I'm reading a book by one of the former trainers of Seaworld. After watching Blackfish, the book fascinating to hear all the details from a longtime trainer's perspective. I really hope Seaworld is shut down someday. Those poor whales.

Lynne-Oh okay, so all of this is normal? Good to know. And yes, Jason and I are looking into buying a house. We've been at this duplex rental for three years, so enough time to figure out what we're not using in the garage ;) We packed a ton of stuff from the last apartment and most of it has been sitting in there the last years..oy. I can't imagine moving after 30 years of being inthe same house..it'd be so easy to gather stuff!!
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Work was better yesterday. I had some editing to do! It's only three hours' worth, though, so I'll be finished it within another half hour today. Hopefully my next editing job will come in today as well so I can start on it.

Little Man had some problems at school yesterday. Well, it was actually more his friend who had problems with a bully, but my son witnessed it. This bully is trouble. It's difficult to know what to do with someone like that. I'm torn between knowing he obviously needs help and wanting him to be kept away from the other kids. Hopefully things will be sorted out today and there will be some kind of resolution to the situation.

Sarah - yes, I often wonder about wild animals in places like that. Seeing them there usually makes me sad, although certainly with some African land animals, they do help them with breeding programs, which could save them from extinction. But making them perform tricks? Nah.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Nothing new with work right now. I made cupcakes for Jason's work tomorrow, mostly because I wanted cupcakes but I don't need to eat them all ;)

Lynne-I highly recommend the book, it's totally grabbed me. I'm about to hit the part where he talks about two of the trainer deaths caused by the whales, which is sad, and I definitely didn't want to read about them before bed. I'm really glad you have an editing job, yay!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Got the editing job done promptly yesterday. Now I need another one!

Little Man has cricket this morning so I'll have a morning at home, which is a good thing. It's a quieter weekend than last weekend, and I think I need the rest.

Sarah - Hm, I might read it but I sometimes find things like that a bit depressing. Yum! cupcakes!
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Today Jason and I opted to celebrate Valentine's Day today rather than tomorrow to avoid the crowd. We had burgers, went to an arcade and played some old school video games, and then to the bar he goes to with his friends and he had a beer and chocolate sampler. It's a nice bar, where people go to taste local brews, not get slobbering drunk, which I would hate. It was fun to hang out and sip on a cider and chat.

I also finished Beneath the Surface and got through the heart breaking chapter about the trainer deaths, which ultimately led to the author's choice to leave Seaworld (that and his body was too beat up to continue his dangerous job). We were given the chance to go to Seaworld on our honeymoon but I declined and chose the San Diego Zoo instead.

Lynne-The cupcakes were a hit and thankfully Jason didn't bring too many of them back home so I won't eat them all! How did LM's cricket match go?
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I don't have much going on today. I have a roast cooking, but that won't be done for hours from now. I hope to have some news about Audi and their test in Bahrain soon. But aside from that, I don't have much going on.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Little Man got played of the match at his cricket match on Saturday, so that was good! We also kicked off the new year (a bit late) at our house church yesterday with our annual game of adults versus kids cricket. The kids won (or thought they did, anyway) which was a first for them. My new boss came with her family too. I'd invited them along for a bit of fun and honestly didn't think they'd come but was happy they did. :)

Back to work today. I hope I've got some editing to do!

Sarah - yes, Hubby and I often do Valentine's Day on my birthday, which is the week before, although we didn't have time this year. It makes it much easier!
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

It's Valentine's Day here and Jason and I are laying low, just hanging out. He plans on cooking dinner for us later, steak and cheesy bacon fries since we had originally talked about going to Outback Steakhouse :) He put together a little spa kit for me-bath salts and shower gel, since he knows I love to soak after work and read. Cleaning all day can sometimes really beat up my body.

Lynne-Oh that sounds fun! I always love seeing the kids reactions to games like that, even if you let them win ;) Glad LM is doing well with cricket!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Work was still boring yesterday. I need an editing job! If I don't get one soon Amanda's probably going to suggest I take some time off until something comes in. Ordinarily, I wouldn't mind that, but I'm conscious of the fact that we need money so I don't want my income to go down. I did factor in a few non-work periods into my budget at the beginning of the year, though.

Sarah - yes, it was great to see how happy they were when they realised they won. You nearly went to the Outback Steakhouse? I've heard of that. It's pretend Australian food. ;)
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Nothing new here, I worked a few extra hours, to help out my boss, before running a few errands and doing a little organizing.

Lynne-yeah, we love Outback for their steak and bacon, cheesy fries but we decided to cook it at home instead :) I would love to see what a real Australian restaurant is like ;) I hope you don't have to take any time off :/