Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

We got the keys to our house today!! I even got started painting on our bedroom :) I need more paint before I can finish but I'm pretty pleased what less than an hours worth of work got me. I'd say we're pretty much packed and I did some vacuuming but no other detailed work. If it's not perfect, I don't care anymore..I'm just too tired!

I also grabbed the sequel to Me Before You, called After You, and I flipped through it, just to satisfy my curiousity! I don't have time to sucked into a book right now ;)

Lynne-Wow you sound busy, but with mostly good stuff :)
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Work was okay yesterday, although I spent my time mostly making follow up phone calls, which I don't find easy. After being so busy the other week, now it's quiet! We could do with some more work coming in.

Sarah - That's exciting! You'll have to post some pictures when you've finished painting. :clap:
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all!

Sorry for my absence, I've just been so busy! Thursday evening we went and purchased a washer/dryer, and then Friday we were at the new house, doing some work around it before we moved in Saturday. Yesterday was super long but I was able to finish painting the main coat and then go back over it again this morning. The sooner I'm done with the paint, the sooner I can move our bed from the office and get more settled. We're slowly getting unpacked and trying to find everything, as well as deciding what all we want to keep.

Lynne-I'll definitely post some pictures, there's going to be some uneven spots but I'm so tired I don't really care. How's work going?
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I wasn't too active this weekend, but I did get out to the Bird Sanctuary and took quite a few photos of owls, namely a Barn Owl that I haven't seen in a while.

Outside of that, it was cold most of Saturday and I've been tired most of the time since Friday. Right now, I'm mostly trying to get ready for work, errands and a work function for tomorrow.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

We celebrated Hubby's 40th birthday yesterday with a picnic at a park. It was a public holiday over here for ANZAC Day so it fit in perfectly. My Mother-in-law made him the most beautiful cake complete with a full sized fondant Canon camera on top, which she made from scratch! Photos are on Facebook if you want to see them.

I think the rest of this week is going to be quiet and that's a good thing. Work's a bit quiet at the moment too. However, I'm reluctant to wish for an editing job because I had another enquiry for a private job yesterday and it's a manuscript 130,000 words long! If I get it, that will take a while to do.

Sarah - when I saw you hadn't been here I'd guessed you must have been really busy with settling in after your move. Hopefully it will all be good soon.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Not much going on, just trying to settled! Slowly finding everything we need and sorting through what I've unpacked. If the weather holds up, we're having another yard sale this weekend and I still need to clean up our rental. I feel like it's all coming together but I am looking forward to when I don't feel like I have a million things to do ;)

Lynne-you were right! Everything has been so chaotic but I know in the end it'll be worth it! I'll have to check out that cake, it sounds awesome!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Work's a bit slow this week. I could do with an editing job. However, I have two different people who've approached me for private editing jobs and I know it's likely they'll all give me their completed manuscripts at the same time ... right when I've got a huge one to do for work! :roll:

Sarah - glad you're settling in well. It's so busy when you're tying up all those loose ends, isn't it?
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Today I had my second yard sale today with my parents and I'm pretty pleased with what I sold, plus my Mom agreed to call a local charity to pick up what we didn't sell and didn't want to keep. Last night I was able to finish the cleaning at the duplex with a friend of mine and Jason did the outside today before turning in our keys. We haven't done the walk through today but I tried to do a true professional clean so hopefully we'll get most of our deposit back. Jason and I went out for pizza to celebrate and feels so good to just be able to focus on unpacking and relax a little bit.

Lynne-isn't that how life is? Feast or famine, especially with work.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning!

It's another public holiday here today, this time for Labour Day. We were going to go to the mountains today and to the Roma Street Parklands yesterday but yesterday it rained most of the day (we needed the rain so I'm not complaining) and today a storm is forecast. Also, since we were going to go to the Gold Coast Hinterland, it's possible that today a lot of people we'll be coming back from the weekend down on the coast and we don't want to get caught in a traffic snarl, especially if there's a storm. So we've decided to go to the park today instead. It's much more local so we won't have far to go to get home if we see a storm coming. It's beautiful there too so it's all good, although it's not quite as good as going hiking in the mountains.

One of my editing jobs came in over the weekend, thankfully. I've started it already and am making good progress. I don't think this one will take too long to do. It's only about 30,000 words.

Sarah - glad to hear you've made progress on finalising everything after your move. I'm sure you'll get your deposit back.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Tonight we had Jason's Mom over for dinner. She seemed to like the house and was in a decent mood, always a good thing. It was fun to try and get the house picked up, though there seems to be so much more that needs to be unpacked. A little at a time, I guess.

I'm completely hooked on the follow up to Me Before You called After You. I've made it through about half so far.

Lynne
-oh good, another editing job! I saw on FB about your ancestors head stones, how awful :/ Any idea why the government would do something like that? How was the park?